Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (140910 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe / Thrills Of A Lagos Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2019
Na wa for Kingsley parent's oooo

Thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Palmerbarry: 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
That last update really got me laughing hard! hahahahaha....
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by toyhin123(f): 5:59pm On Dec 23, 2019
Hmmmm....I don't even know what to say
Thanks for the update SheWrites
Wishing u a merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2019
useed:
Mr praise will get chance to mark the register (he will also eat from the honey pot).. A leopard doesn't change his spot
I don't think there is still honey remaining in that pot, ha kilodeee
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by rosebuzz(f): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2019
adefunke62:

I don't think there is still honey remaining in that pot, ha kilodeee
i can't stop laughing
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by rosebuzz(f): 6:33pm On Dec 23, 2019
I truly feel for this girl. Almost like my story I later became a 2nd wife
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2019
veenessha:
Kinsley will soon leave you for Nneoma but don't worry you will get your prince charming very soon. Aunt shewrites thank you for the updates, merry Christmas in advance.

*hugs*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
Ann2012:
Na wa for Kingsley parent's oooo
Thanks for the update
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:51pm On Dec 23, 2019
Palmerbarry:
That last update really got me laughing hard!
hahahahaha....

Me-too *smiling*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2019
toyhin123:
Hmmmm....I don't even know what to say Thanks for the update SheWrites Wishing u a merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance
*hugs*

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 23, 2019
rosebuzz:
I truly feel for this girl. Almost like my story I later became a 2nd wife
Aww dear, hugs...�
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by ukaface(f): 9:54pm On Dec 23, 2019
Better forget Kingsley
And run into the warmth of oga praise.

But,why will God( God ryt?) Allow the death of a man spouse,just so he could marry another?
Just wondering,cos I know things like this oga praise predicament do happen

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 8:27am On Dec 24, 2019
ukaface:
Better forget Kingsley
And run into the warmth of oga praise.

But,why will God( God ryt?) Allow the death of a man spouse,just so he could marry another?
Just wondering,cos I know things like this oga praise predicament do happen

Questions for the creator...

I know men like Oga Praise who still refuse to remarry

I also know some who remarry cos of companionship, some cos of the children... others fall in love and remarry...

Different strokes for different folks

But, in entirety, God knows all things.
I trust His judgement.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:22am On Dec 24, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE
Episode 46

Dear diary,

31st December, 2017.

Oh diary… I have so many things to tell you. Where should I even start from?

It’s been bitter-sweet for me this festive season. But, I thank God for everything. The word of God said we should give thanks in all seasons. I am trying to do this. Or else, I will just go crazy due to so many things that has happened.

Let me start with that chicken-hearted boyfriend of mine. He came knocking some days ago, asking for his engagement ring back.

Which ring? As in, on what side of the bed did he wake up?

You needed to see the shock on my face. The guy said his parents were unwilling to support our relationship and it was impossible for us to get married.

The spineless frog couldn’t convince his parents and he came asking for his engagement ring back. I was just mad.

I was pissed and I am still feeling angry.

I told him to just forget the ring. It will pay for the damages his heart break has cost him. Kingsley flared up and he was ranting that he bought the ring for 150k. He said he still had the receipt. He went on and on, bla, bla, bla. But I was past caring.

150k sounds perfect. I planned to sell the ring and blow the cash in whatever way I wanted.

When he discovered that I wasn’t ready to release the eengagement ring, the idiot asked me to eat the ring and shit it out later.

God punish him! It is not his fault. Isn’t it because he and his people found a perfect replacement in the embodiment of that yellow paw paw? If Nneoma had not shown up, they would have probably gone to my mother to ask for my hand in marriage.

I am hissing right now. A very long hiss at that.

I couldn’t even cry. I had to rush to the market to get the things I would use to cook at Mr. Praise’s house for the Christmas’ celebration.

But on my way out, I saw Kingsley and Nneoma driving out of the compound. My blood boiled and tears streamed down from my face as I walked to the bus stop. It was hard to believe that my relationship with Kingsley was over. I ended up transferring my aggression to the market people. I got a good bargain for my money, sha.

When I returned home that same day, I saw Kingsley and Nneoma sitting outside his apartment, watching something on his tablet. I was irritated and I wanted to rain curses on both of them. I wanted to start a fight. But what was the use?

I went back to my flat and I cried myself to sleep.

On Christmas day, I went very early to Mr. Praise’s place. By noon, his parents, sisters, their husbands and kids arrived. Thank God I was done with most of the cooking. I served all of them and they praised my cooking.

Right then and there, his sisters booked my cooking services for the next day, which was boxing day and the day after. They were willing to pay me a lot of money.

Jokingly, Mr. Praise asked for his commission. Later, that evening, his friends arrived with their families and children. Mr. Praise’s 3-bedroom bungalow was soon crowded, both indoors and outdoor. That same night, I got more cooking contracts. I was so, so happy.

Around ten that night, Mr. Praise offered to drop me at home. His sisters and their children had gone by then. But, his parents retired to one of the guest’s rooms. I found out that they don’t live in Lagos.

When we got to the gate of my compound, Mr. Praise asked about my relationship and I told him that things didn’t work out the way I planned it. I was single once again.

My boss encouraged me. He said when one door closes, God always open another door of blessing for his children. I was comforted small sha. And I thanked him.

Mr. Praise paid me and drove off. I returned to my flat richer than when I left in the morning.

The next day, I went off to one of Mr. Praise’s sisters’ place. I cooked my life out that day. Around nine that night, she paid me and asked her driver to take me home. I slept like a baby that night. I was just dreaming about money. Hahaha...

The next day, I was off to the second sister’s place. I cooked and cooked oh diary. She had a small party. By eight that night, she told me that I can go. She paid me and got me a taxi to take me home.

The next day, I slept and woke up at noon. I was so, so tired. I don’t envy caterers at all o. Their work no be here.

It’s New Year Eve today and I am resting in the best way I can. I will resume at Mr. Praise’s place tomorrow to cook again. At least, I rarely think of Kingsley these days, although my heart still aches.

I know that my new Prince Charming is on the way. I hope and believe.

Come oh! My new Prince Charming. I am waiting for you!

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 10:54am On Dec 24, 2019
SASSY AND SLAYING: DIARY OF A SINGLE NAIJA BABE
Episode 47

Dear diary,

January 30th, 2018.

Happy New Year Diary!

I have been so, so busy. So sorry for abandoning you. I have a lot of gist for you.

Let me start with the New Year Day. I was at Mr. Praise’s home, cooking as usual. I got a lot of cooking contracts from his friends that day. I got contracts worth thousands of naira. I will be cooking for birthday parties, naming ceremonies and even wedding anniversaries.

Now, I am seriously thinking of this restaurant business Mr. Praise kept talking about. Maybe this is the line of business God wants me to dabble into. I am already saving every dime I earn towards it.

So, by eleven that night, I wanted to leave, but Mr. Praise was too tired to drive me home. Most of his friends had gone home by then. I planned to go down to the junction to look for a taxi, but, my boss discouraged me. He advised me to sleep in his guest room and leave the next morning.

His parents were still around. They went to bed long before the party ended. Sharp, sharp, I changed the television channel to Zee-world. I was surprised when Mr. Praise came into the sitting room. I thought he had gone to bed. I wanted to monopolize the television, but now...

The man was in a pair of shorts and nothing else! Come and see six pack diary. I couldn’t help stealing glances at him. It was my first time of seeing my boss without his regular clothes.

I noticed his broad shoulders, his muscled chest, his thick hands, his build was like those wrestle-mania wrestlers.

My God! My boss’s physique is dreamy.

He caught me staring at him and I looked away. I remained glued to the television screen for the longest time. I dared not look at him again. But, I couldn’t concentrate on what I was watching anymore.

Several useless thoughts were just tormenting me. My boss is fine o. He is God-fearing too. He has his own house, two cars, a thriving bakery business, a good family and he was the dream-husband of any woman.

The man was ten years older than I am. I am not even sure if he wants to re-marry. Maybe he might prefer someone five to eight years younger. I am not in his mind, so I don’t really know what he wants.

I scolded myself for the many silly thoughts flying around my distracted mind, then I tried to concentrate on what I was watching. But a while later, I could feel that I was been watched. When I turned, I caught my boss staring at me.

He had that weird look on his face again, like he was seeing me for the very first time. I turned away, but, I had already lost interest in what I was watching. I stole a glance at my boss again, and lo and behold, he was still looking at me.

Ah! That was it for me. I became very uncomfortable and I decided to go to the guest room and force myself to slepp. Or maybe I will browse on my phone till I was sleepy. I got up and told my boss goodnight.

I have not even taken three steps when NEPA struck! I stood where I was, unsure of what to do. It wasn’t my house. So, I didn’t know my way around in the dark.

Mr. Praise told me to stay where I was. He said his inverter was supposed to come on immediately after the general electricity went off. The man was surprised that it didn’t. He said he needed to check it out.

I couldn’t see anything, so I said okay. I felt something passed by me and out of fear or anxiety, I turned sharply and ran into my boss! I almost screamed.

“Are you afraid of the dark?” My boss asked. I could here the laughter in his voice.

“No!” I said quickly, denying my trepidation.

Mr. Praise chuckled. He told me that he would take me to the guest room first, then check on the inverter. He took me by the hand and I allowed him to lead me. I relaxed a bit, but stumbled on something. I think it was one of the leather seats.

I fell and so did he. It was pitch dark! I couldn’t see a thing, but I could feel my boss’s heart beating against my chest!

“Are you hurt?” he asked me.

“I don’t think so,” I replied. I felt no ache or pain in any part of my body.

I thought he would get up immediately, but, he didn’t. He remained where he was, on top of me! I have never been this physically close to him, no wonder I didn’t realize that I was drawn to him!

I started to tremble! Literally, I was shaking all over due to the proximity of his nearness.

“Are you cold?” he asked me.

I shook my head and whispered, "No..."

I didn’t know how to explain what I was feeling. Why was he still lying on top of me? Why didn’t he get up? How come he was comfortable while I was reacting to his physical closeness?

“Nwakaego...”

“Sir…”

Then the silence followed. I thought he wanted to say something. I waited. But he remained quiet.

My mind was flooded with so many thoughts. Was it possible that my boss was also attracted to me? Was that why he built an invincible wall between us? Was that why he was frowning at me at the office? Was that why he avoids me whenever I come to his house cook for him and shop for him? Was that why he was still lying on top of me instead of getting up?

Oh Lord!
The electricity came back on. Whether it was NEPA/PHCN or whatever they called themselves, or the inverter, I don’t even know. The light came and the darkness disappeared.
I saw my boss. He was still staring at me. I saw the look in his eyes.

My Jesus! His eyes were filled with fire! It dawned on me that my boss liked me. This man really liked me. I mean, by the look in his eyes, this was beyond mere likeness. Wwith what I saw in his eyes… this man felt deeply for me and I was shocked!

He blinked, got up and pulled me up to my feet. He didn’t let go of my hand. He just looked at me. He really looked at me. Looks that spoke volumes.

“Goodnight Ego…” he said and dropped my hand.

“Goodnight sir…” I responded and hurried to the guest room.

Oh diary, that night, I couldn’t sleep o. I was just thinking and thinking. I wasn’t over Kingsley’s heartbreak, yet. And I also couldn’t deny what I felt for my boss! Feelings I didn’t even know existed.

The next morning, Mr. Praise paid me for my cooking services and I left.

Back at the office, some days later, everything went back to normal. Whenever Mr. Praise came into the bakery, he barely looked my way. It made me begin to doubt if the man truly had deep feelings for me. Or maybe I was just imagining things.

I have decided to keep my fingers crossed. I am not even going to think about anything. I cannot go mad over nothing.

Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be.

Diary, I clocked 30 years some days back o. The big 3 and zero. I thank God o. What can I say?

I see Kingsley and Nneoma more often than I want and I am thinking of moving out. I need to be far, far away from them, biko. My heart is still healing.

My mum has been calling and calling. The last time I spoke to her, she wasn’t happy about my break up with Kingsley. She kept saying time is going. That time isn't on my side.

Please diary, help me ask her if people buy husbands and wives in the market?

This woman should just free me before I transfer all my frustrations on her.

Okay, that’s enough said for now.

Talk to you later, diary.

I am looking forward to a good New Year.

Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by aprilwise(m): 11:15am On Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for the update. If one door closes another door open.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by divinelypruned(f): 11:26am On Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for the update

I really feel for Nwakaego, heart break is something no one should experience, and since she has turned a new leaf,everything will be fine.

Shewrites I need more, I have no where to go this Xmas, abegi keep me company oo
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Gettreadyy(m): 12:46pm On Dec 24, 2019
divinelypruned:
Thanks for the update

I really feel for Nwakaego, heart break is something no one should experience, and since she has turned a new leaf,everything will be fine.

Shewrites I need more, I have no where to go this Xmas, abegi keep me company oo

heartbreak is inevitable and part of our reality. my crush @shewrites you got me glued to this story, two bottles of star radler for you.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:22pm On Dec 24, 2019
divinelypruned:
Thanks for the update

Lol... I will try.

The story will soon end o.

Just a few episodes more.

Enjoy your Xmas.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2019
Gettreadyy:

heartbreak is inevitable and part of our reality. my crush @shewrites you got me glued to this story, two bottles of star radler for you.

Na Hollandia Yoghurt I want jor
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by CuteNbad(m): 3:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
SheWrites:

Na Hollandia Yoghurt I want jor
She writes really tried. Nice work
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Masking: 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for d update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Ann2012(f): 5:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
Your boss loves you

Thanks for the update
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by BlizzydoDo(f): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2019
God bless you ma'am.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by ukaface(f): 8:03pm On Dec 24, 2019
Thanks for the update.
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by Treasurewamiri(f): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2019
Nwakaego, cooking is your calling.. Seems Mr Praise is in love but afraid to show it.
Shewrites well-done and thank you for your consistency
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:37pm On Dec 24, 2019
CuteNbad:
She writes really tried. Nice work
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:38pm On Dec 24, 2019
Treasurewamiri:
Nwakaego, cooking is your calling.. Seems Mr Praise is in love but afraid to show it.
Shewrites well-done and thank you for your consistency

*hugs*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:39pm On Dec 24, 2019
ukaface:
Thanks for the update.
You're welcome
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:40pm On Dec 24, 2019
BlizzydoDo:
God bless you ma'am.
Amen o
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2019
Ann2012:
Your boss loves you
Thanks for the update
*winks*
Re: Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe by SheWrites(f): 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2019
Masking:
Thanks for d update
You're welcome

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Beneath My Heart / Mask Hunter / Birthmark