Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

Purple Roses - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purple Roses (80432 Views)

Guns And Roses 18+ / Roses And Thorns / Roses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
Oya ooo
Re: Purple Roses by dalass(f): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2019
Finally I caught up with this story, beautiful piece
Update us o @ OP
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 10:48am On Sep 13, 2019
Hmmm...more secrets. Thanks stblessing
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:09pm On Sep 13, 2019
She whimpered and wiped a tear, as everyone forced her to start talking. Her heart was heavy, and her head was hot. She turned to Gift, who just sat beside her, staring at the space. She had a white bandage, with a blood stain tied around her wound. She was clearly depressed, but she tried not to show it.

"It was twenty three years ago" Beatrice began. "My husband, Ikenna, and I had been married for eight years, but we had no child. When I eventually got pregnant and gave birth to a daughter, she died a few days after birth. I was so depressed and didn't recover quickly. It was about a month later that Ike brought home a bouncing baby girl. She was so perfect and beautiful. When I asked him where he got the child, he told me that his cousin, Mama Nonye, had given him the baby to take care of. I didn't push the questions any further because I was so in love with the child already. And she reminded me of mine. That was why I called you Ngozi, after my first born. I'm so sorry" she paused and turned to Gift, holding her pale hand.

"Nwa m, I want you to know that even though I didn't give birth to you, I still took you as my own child. I loved you more than my own life. That was why I never decided to tell you, even when Ike requested it on his deathbed. I had no idea that one day, God would eventually reunite you with your real family. Please my child, forgive me.... "

"Don't you dare call her your child!" Susan chirped in immediately. "You are a wicked and bad woman. You knew that that baby wasnt yours! You knew it was gotten through illegal means, yet in your selfishness, you kept her...did you even consider how her real family would feel? Did you know the pains you put us through? You put ME through?" she asked in a croaked voice.

"I'm so sorry ma...."

"No! you are an evil woman who doesn't deserve to live. I'm calling the police for you right now!!!"

She made to dial on her phone when Gift flew towards her and stopped her.

"Please don't do that. I've already forgiven her even before she asked. And no matter what...." she walked towards Beatrice and lifted her up. "I still consider her my mother" she held her hand.

Susan looked at them for a while, dazed and feeling somewhat jealous. She wished she was the one she was defending. Finally, she sighed and dropped the phone in surrender. "Fine, you win. I won't call the police on her...if thats what you want"

"Good" Gift responded.

Almost immediately, the door flew open and Rose walked in, panting heavily.

"Hey guys, sorry im late" her eyes landed on Gift and she frowned....deeply.

"What are you doing here? What is SHE doing here mum?" she asked, pointing to Gift.

Suz looked at George who also had a worried look. He nodded at her and she sighed. She walked up to Rose and held her shoulders.

"Rose, there's something you need to know"

"Go on" she dropped her bag and folded her arms "I'm listening"

"Remember I told you you had a twin sister when you were born, right?"

"Y...yes"

"And I told you she died shortly after right?"

She nodded nervously.

"Well as it turns out, she didn't. She was whisked away by Iniobong and trafficked to a certain village. we thought she wouldn't return to us, but as it turned out, we were wrong"she took a deep breath. " Rose"

"Y...yes mummy"

She wiped a tear drop. "Gift was the baby girl taken away that night. Gift is your lost twin sister.... Daisy ”

She dropped her jaw and narrowed her eyes at her. "Excuse me?"

"Rose..I couldn't believe it myself as well but....but its true"

She scoffed and turned to Gift before turning to her again. "Do you have any idea what you're talking about? You're telling me that this woman here...who has caused me so much pain...is my sister?"

"Rose, you need to accept her"

"Well no,that'll never happen. Not now, and not ever! Not even if Christ himself comes. I don't know if you all are in your right minds or not but I refuse to believe that this witch is my sister. So you all can go to hell if you want but I hate her and will never accept her.... ËVER!!!!!" she ran out of the house and slammed the door, leaving Susan in tears.

"This is obviously going to be hard" George rubbed his forehead

"Obviously" Uche sighed.

Suddenly, Beatrice shrieked and placed her hand on her chest. She screamed in pain and agony as she fell on her knees.

"What's wrong with her?!!!" Susan interjected as everyone began flooding around her.

"She's having another heart attack!!" Gift cried as tears began to flow. "Mama!! Mama!! Please stay with us, please" she placed her hand on her cheek.

"Ngozi...m...my ch....child...I'm so sorry for putting you through so much suffering...." she coughed.

"Please stop asking for forgiveness, I forgive you already..... SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE ALREADY, PLEASE!!!!" she barked at the panicked spectators who were already punching their phones in response.

"I love you..... my daughter......" she smiled, closed her eyes and went limp.

"Mama.." she shook her face. "Mama?!!" she placed her head on her chest. No beating. ''MAMA!!! MAMA!!! Mama please don't do this to me...please... " she hugged her tightly. "MAMA!!! MĀMA!!!!!"

"MAAAAMMMAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!......."

3 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2019
Susan no well oo, she open mouth dey call persin wicked, even wan arrest Beatrice.

OP tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 9:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
Ewooooo Beatrice don die embarassed
Re: Purple Roses by Ann2012(f): 9:34pm On Sep 13, 2019
skubido:
Susan no well oo, she open mouth dey call persin wicked, even wan arrest Beatrice.
No mind that Susan
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for the update..
Re: Purple Roses by bimbotua(f): 11:39pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wow! I'm here at last.

Well done OP
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 10:13am On Sep 16, 2019
What is Rose upset about? What about the things she made Gift go through... So sad, Beatrice had to die... Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by Emex100(m): 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
PrudySara:
What is Rose upset about?
What about the things she made Gift go through...
So sad, Beatrice had to die...
Thanks for the update
My dear our mind work differently.
There are things you will over look and i will take with seriousness
First you will never see your best friend the way you see her if you work in on her sharing a kiss with your boyfriend/husband/fiance talkless of a maid you raised her standard to a friend.

So far this story has really help me to put my actions and reactions in check.

op bring it on......

my soulmates @izaray, Ann2012 i greet una o

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2019
Emex100:

First you will never see your best friend the way you see her if you work in on her sharing a kiss with your boyfriend/husband/fiance talkless of a maid you raised her standard to a friend.

op bring it on......

You've got no worries dear, we're at ur back like sch bag smiley

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by Emex100(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
izaray:
You've got no worries dear, we're at ur back like sch bag smiley
oh thats touchy
Re: Purple Roses by dalass(f): 8:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
Yes, its quite amazing and certainly shocking that your ex maid and the most hated personality is the one that has to turn to your sister... Twin sister at that.... Tough one grin
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2019
Episode 19.
The night of Friday, September 1st, was cool and a little windy. The stars twinkled merrily, but the dim light of the moon was swallowed up by the colorful and gay lights, which were coming out from the popular ROYAL BLISS HOTEL AND SUITES event center. Music blasted from the numerous speakers and several posh and expensive cars were seen driving in with powerful entourages.

"What was going on? who was responsible for this huge party that was even graced by some of the biggest shots in the state?" Some residents of Green Avenue, where the five star hotel and event center was located, asked themselves. Only few people knew that Chief George Okoye was the man behind the mask, although they didn't know what the party was all about.

It had been about six months and three weeks since the truth about Gift was discovered. She had finally accepted the truth, and it was painful for her. But after Beatrice's painful death, and more investigations were conducted, Gift now had to accept the inevitable truth. The Okoyes were her true family, and she was really not Ngozi, or Gift, but Daisy Okoye. She stayed with them for some months and eventually, George decided to conduct an introduction party, so that the world would know that she was really his daughter. That was what was happening now. The introduction party was being conducted at the famous hotel, and the event was about to be kicked off.

A lot of people were present at the party. Both known and unknown. Majority of them didn't know what the party was all about. George had sent invitations to all of them, indicating a homecoming of a loved one. At the party, they had seen "WELCOME HOME DAISY" imprinted in huge banners all around. They thought maybe it was a sister or family member, as they were all conversant with just Rose. Finally, George stepped up on the podium, cleared his throat in preparation speak.....

3 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by divinelypruned(f): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2019
Haba mana, aunty stblessing wetin I do you naw, this one no full bello oo
Abeg don't mind me, thanks for the update. But this is too short oo
Re: Purple Roses by Foscons(m): 9:01pm On Sep 17, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2019
divinelypruned:
Haba mana, aunty stblessing wetin I do you naw, this one no full bello oo

Abeg don't mind me, thanks for the update. But this is too short oo

Abegi no vexooooo, I was so tired after the days job today. Those children in that school wan kill person with noise. you will shout and shout. and you're still standing oooo. I have a splitting headache as I'm writing now. but no worry, tommorows update is gonna be awesome, I promise.

2 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 9:14pm On Sep 17, 2019
Tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by gennysq(f): 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2019
stblessing:

Abegi no vexooooo, I was so tired after the days job today. Those children in that school wan kill person with noise. you will shout and shout. and you're still standing oooo. I have a splitting headache as I'm writing now. but no worry, tommorows update is gonna be awesome, I promise.

Lolzzz..... I remember my days of being a teacher... The days I had long neck due to shouting ... Kids though... Can stress the life outa you

Nice update wink
Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 11:12am On Sep 18, 2019
Well, you're true though!
Our mind works differently
Emex100:

op bring it on......

1 Like

Re: Purple Roses by PrudySara(f): 11:14am On Sep 18, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2019
Well done sis
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
"I can't believe this" Rose scowled once again after George was interrupted from his speech by a man, and led away from the podium. She had been seated with Doris at one corner of the hall, looking depressed and had been complaining since she got to the party.

As usual, Rose was the most depressed and angry person since the truth about Gift was discovered. She couldn't believe it and didn't want to. She wished that all this was a nightmare and would all go away. But it wasn't. It was a reality she must face. She didn't even know why she was at that party. Probably to downsize Gifts spirit and let her know she wasn't welcome in her life. Little wonder she was dressed like someone that was in a funeral. She was dressed in a black dress with a black rose flower on her head, and even a black umbrella to top it all. She wore black shades and shoes. She gathered the attention of people with her attire but she didn't care, because really, she was mourning.

"Can you imagine how much my dad spent for this party? just look at all the food and decorations he put up. Even this glass cups seem like a fortune" she said raising her cup of wine. "and the worst parts is that it isn't even fun at all" she scoffed again.

"Since when did you start caring about how much is spent at a party?" Doris lifted her head from her phone and asked with a raised brow.

"I know, but still. Okay, look at this. He booked the biggest and baddest hotel in town for some "illegitimate daughter of his" whom he just discovered, but has never done so in my case, his daughter fa, not even on my birthday"

"I thought he booked Royal Bliss for you on your eighteenth birthday?"

"That's not the point!! he only did that after I pleaded and cried out my eyes for him!! I even rolled on the floor!!"

Doris rolled her eyes and sighed. "Stop being such a big baby will ya? and besides, it was your idea to come here in the first place"

She sighed and placed her head on her hand. "Sadly"

"Oh. My. God" Doris widened her eyes and gasped.

"What? what happened?"

Doris quickly grabbed her head and turned it to the right side with force. ''That's Mike Nkem Orlando!!!!!" she shrieked and jumped as she pointed towards a young and handsome actor talking to some ladies.

she scoffed "so?"

"sooooo, silly. He's the best actor in the universe, I just looooovvve him. I can't believe he's here!!!!!" she began jumping and clapping.

Rose hissed looked away. "This girl sef" she muttered.

Doris blinked at her for a while. "Anyway, you can't kill my spirit this time. I'm gonna go ask for a dance. Wish me luck" she winked at walked out. Rose shook her head in disbelief. Her anger began boiling again. Her dad even invited celebrities? all these for one girl who he just discovered was his daughter? what the hell was going on? why did she begin to suddenly feel Gift was gaining more love and attention than her already?

Meanwhile, Uchenna was also in high spirits. He was neatly dressed in a wine red coloured suit with matching trousers, and a pair of ground breaking black shoes. He had been the center of attraction for most of the ladies in attendance, but he didn't have his eyes on any of them. He was patiently waiting for his love to come out and meet him in his arms. She was the only one he cared about now, even though it seemed she was taking forever.

"Brother!!" he heard a feminine voice call him from behind as he was chatting with some other young men of his age. He turned around and met Nneoma, now fifteen, gracefully walking towards him. She was the exact replica of their mother, Erinma, who was also with her. Her fair skin shone like the sun, and the pretty and long pink gown she was wearing, hugged her slim and slender body tightly. She even had a silver tiara on top her golden braid locks, almost making her look like some princess in a fairy tale.

"Nne!!!" he cried and both ran into each others arms, in a long, warm and tight embrace. "How are you?" he asked after they released each other. "You've grown soooo much!"

"I'm fine, thanks. Mum told me you came back home a few months ago. Its too bad I couldn't meet you because that our yeye boarding school was still in session then"

"Eyahhh, no wonder my darling little sis looks so lean and sick. I need to have a word with that school"

Both burst into laughter.

"Mum" Uche turned to his mother who had just been watching them quietly all this while.

"Son"

"Im glad you could make it"

"Its a pleasure. I couldn't resist my dear sons plea to attend this party after he promised me "The surprise of my life" I hope its a pleasurable one?"

"Oh trust me mum" he smirked and turned towards the podium which George was mounting on again. "It is"

George hit the microphone slightly, and called the attention of the guests.

"Um, ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please"

Soon, everyone became calm and turned to the speaker.

"Thank you. First of all, I'd like to thank you all for making out time to be in this occasion. It means a lot to me that all of you are here now. I hope you all are enjoying yourselves?"

The guests nodded and cheered in approval.
George grinned and responded. "Please give yourselves a warm round of applause, you deserve it"

The people clapped and cheered and when cheering was over, he cleared his throat, switching into serious mode.

"Uhm, I'm sure most of you are wondering why I invited you all here. If you look at your invitation cards, you'll see that this is actually a Homecoming party. But of whom is the question. Let me just start by telling you all a little story about me which most of you don't know. Twenty three years ago, my darling wife, Susan, got pregnant and gave birth to twins......sadly, a few days later, one of them was kidnapped by our late maid, Iniobong, and taken away to a far away place... and... after searching for her for more than three years with no good results..... we gave up....it was a miserable moment for us, but we resigned our fates to the hands of God. Little did we know that, that Great Man up there had other plans for us. Its unbelievable, but its true, that after TWENTY THREE GOOD SOLID YEARS, our daughter, Daisy, came back to us...and in the most unusual of ways!!!"

The guests gasped and murmured to each other in shock. Some stared at each other, while others looked at themselves in disbelief.

"Now,ladies and gentlemen, without further adieu, I want to introduce to you, my beautiful, daring, intelligent and awesome daughter.....Daisy Chizaramu Okoye" he pointed towards the steps where she was meant to come down from.

Then she began stepping down......

4 Likes

Re: Purple Roses by greatme2good(f): 8:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
Stblessing I beg you with the name of God, let this story have a happy ending.
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2019
greatme2good:
Stblessing I beg you with the name of God, let this story have a happy ending.

hmm, let's see what happens after part three.
Re: Purple Roses by skubido(m): 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
Dem papa, Oya mo na clear road

Tanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by YoungBruzzy(m): 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2019
I just hope it is GIFT that will come out and not that spoilt brat of a girl call ROSE.

Thanks for the update OP
Re: Purple Roses by izaray(f): 3:16pm On Sep 19, 2019
See suspense, Stblessing i'm beginning to suspect u, please notin bad should happen to Gift undecided

Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by bossy512(f): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the update, nice one indeed
Re: Purple Roses by divinelypruned(f): 4:02pm On Sep 19, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: Purple Roses by stblessing(f): 8:38pm On Sep 19, 2019
Everyone held their breaths and had their eyes glued to the figure gracefully and majestically coming down . At first, they couldn't see her clearly because of the darkness, but the rays of light were shining on her slowly, until she finally came down after what seemed like ages, while bowing her head, but that couldn't stop people from dropping their jaws, or just staring in utter amazement.

There was something about how Gift looked today. For one, she didn't look like Gift at all. Everyone knew her as the simple girl who just depended on her natural beauty, but this was different. She was almost unrecognizable. She wore a long flowing ball room, short sleeve dress, which was pure immaculate white from the chest to the waist level, and royal purple from the waist, downwards. The sparkles on the purple part shone like the stars. She had a nice Brazilian weavon fixed on her head for the first time in her life, which was neatly rolled and tied into a bun. She had on artificial eyelashes with an extra touch of mascara, and a pair of artificial eyelids which were gold in colour. The colour of her lipstick was deep red, like oxblood. Her long and slender neck was carefully adorned with an gold chain, which could have been made of pure gold, and a matching necklace. In short, she looked like the black version of Pandora, the Greek goddess.

As the spotlight shone on her, and all the bewildered eyes landed on her, she bowed her head like someone who was going to be given into marriage for the first time, with a gentle smile planted on her face.

Erinma almost fainted as her eyes landed on Gift. Her hands felt shaky, and her head fell hot, but the most intriguing was the way her mouth was wide open like someone waiting for a fly to enter it. She blinked and turned to her son, who had also been staring at his newly transformed woman in amazement and asked;

"Is that......"

"Yes mum, THATS Ngozi, the girl whom you treated like dirt, and tried to destroy my relationship with. She's the surprise I was telling you about mum. She's the one"

"Oh my God" she gasped.

"No if you will excuse me” he gave Nneoma the cup of in his hands, and majestically walked towards her direction, with a victorious grin on his face. A grin that was trying to tell the other guys to back off. He stood in front of her, bowed and brought out his hand, like some Englishman, asking a lady for a dance.

" My lady, if I may...."

Gift smiled and blushed. "Oh common, please don't call me that. Its embarrassing"

"Why? is it wrong for a king to ask his queen to let him lead her?"

"So, I'm a Queen now?"

"Of course you are silly. Since I'm a king and you're gonna be mine soon, its only right to call you a Queen"

she smiled and bowed her head. "I guess so"

"Now stop asking me stupid questions and let me take you to your dad. He's getting impatient already"

She nodded and placed her hand on his. Both began walking towards the podium, hand in hand, the picture of a Royal couple obviously being displayed. Uche still had that mischievous grin on his face, which caused other men to frown and murmur in jealousy. They walked up to the podium, and Uche handed Gift over to her dad.

"Ladies and gentlemen" he held her hand. "My daughter and the fruit of her mother's womb..Daisy Okoye!!!!" he raised the hand up, which caused a standing ovation. He beckoned on Susan who quickly came and stood by her left side. She also raised her hand up and the clapping and cheering became louder and longer. Everyone was happy. Some were even moved to tears. It was a really touching moment for everybody.

Well, everybody except Rose of course.....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.