Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,237 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. (21359 Views)

DNA: Ooni Hosts, Renames Americans With Ile-ife Root (photos) / What Ndoki People Say About Themselves / Brief History Of Dunukofia Clan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oracle23:

Nothing to out well again, this is an IGBO name
Nnebe?
Which state answers such name?
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 3:07pm On Mar 19, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Nnebe?

Which state answers such name?

Enugu State.

If u are IGBO, U would know the name.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Mar 19, 2020
Oracle23:

Enugu State.
If u are IGBO, U would know the name.
I am Igbo but we don't answer such names here. Nnebe meaning what?
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 21, 2020
Osagyefo98:

I am Igbo but we don't answer such names here. Nnebe meaning what?

If u are IGBO, u would know the name...
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 6:09pm On Mar 21, 2020
Igbo amaka

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 22, 2020
Oracle23:

If u are IGBO, u would know the name...

Tell me the meaning naaa
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 10:05am On Mar 27, 2020
Osagyefo98:

Tell me the meaning naaa
If u are igbo, u would kno the meaning..
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Aug 04, 2020
pazienza:

How can the tail wag the dog? How can Ndoki become Ijaw when indeed Ibani (Bonny) was founded by Igbo speaking Ndoli Asimini from Ndoki, in conjunction with his Ijaw Co travelers?
So because the Ogan of Okrika are of Igbo ancestry, specifically from Asa Igbo country, it now means that Asa people are Ijaws?

Nigeria is a funny place where all kind of illogical things have become norm.

If anyone should be claiming anyone, it should be Ndoki Igbos that should be claiming that Ibani is Igbo, since early founders of Bonny came from Igbo speaking Ndoki to mingle with Ijaw people in founding the clan.

Because the Ndoki Igbo co-founded Bonny with Ijaw people , and Bonny/Opobo rather than remain bi ethnic, decided to jettison their Igbo side and stick to the Ijaw side, does not make Ndoki people Ijaw. Ndoki can recognize the bond they share with the Igbo branch of Bonny, but it will be ridiculous for them to now decide to become Ijaws as well. This is madness.

The Ndoki Igbo did not co-found Bonny with anybody. The Ndoki founded Ubani alone. Every other person in there is a visitor or a settler, or a naturalised settler. Colonial accounts have settled this argument

6 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ndoki85:
My dear we are not ibos.deal with it we don't even have the same culture or tradition.

Ndoki are 1000% igbos. grin cheesy grin

I belong to their facebook group, they are igbos 100%. Rivers state is igbo land....

If u argue anything I said up there, then u are an afonja

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ndoki85:
Dont spoil our name please. not Akwuete but Akwete

Its same
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2020
Ndoki85:
please Ndoki kingdom was never an Ibo kingdom. come to Akwete where i Come from we don't have any culture that related to Ibos. we don't even speak the same language and most of us bear Ijaw Names like tonye.Fubra.Idawari.furo.igoni.tugbor.ihemiary.and we behave different from ibos

Dont commit suicide on igbo matters

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by RuggedSniper: 5:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
AdaFonju:
The Leadership of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Eastern Zone ably led by the Capacity Chairman Comrade Sammy George made an historic visit to Ndoki Kingdom for meeting with the Chiefs and the Traditional Rulers both from Oyigbo LGA of Rivers State,Ukwa East LGA of Abia State and Ukanafun LGA of Akwa Ibom State.

The Historic Meeting in preparation for the IYC Ndoki Clan inauguration was well attended by Chiefs, the Vice Chairman Ukwa East LGA Of Abia State and the following Royal Majesties.

HRM EZE S.N NWAEKE JP
ONONANKWUME VI, OMUIHUEZE 1, CHAIRMAN OF OYIGBO LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS.

HRM EZE IKEAGWUCHI EKEKE.
CHAIRMAN UKWA EAST LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS OF ABIA STATE.

HRM EZE I.O NWANKWO.
SECRETARY UKWA EAST LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS.

HRM EZE DAMINABO JOSHUA

DR IDA FELIX WABOSO

CHIEF FIDELIS NWAOCHA
THE TRADITIONAL PRIME MINISTER OF UMU IHUEEZE CLAN

CHIEF FRIDAY ONYEUKWU

AND HON CHIZOBE ONWUNWANNE
THE VICE CHAIRMAN OF UKWA EAST LGA OF ABIA STATE.

It was indeed an historic moment filled with boundless joys and fulfilment as been expressed by their Majesties reuniting the Ndoki Clan to their Ijaw Root.

HRM Eze S.N Nwaeke JP, the Chairman of Oyigbo Council of Traditional Rulers and the Most Senior of all the Traditional Rulers of Ndoki Clan in his words while expressing his deepest gratitude to the facilitators of the Reunion and the IYC Ndoki Clan Inauguration said " now I have what to tell my Ancestors when I finally join them".

Both leaders of Ndoki Clan and the IYC Eastern Zone delegation agreed to do the formal inauguration of IYC Ndoki Clan on the 10th of May before 2019 ISAAC BORO'S DAY 16th MAY to enable them prepare for their full participation in celebration of the NIGER DELTA LEGENDARY REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIER, MAJOR ISAAC JASPER ADAKA BORO.

Comrade Sammy George Chairman IYC Eastern Zone with his Council and Elders are indeed rebuilding the Broken Ancient Landmarks that ones bounded our Forebears as ONE UNITED IJAW.

#WERISE.

grin... OYIGBO LGA = IJAW?! The BIG BANG has finally kicked in.

1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2021
HopeAtHand:
@HarryDuce, my inference on this ijaw situation is solely based on observation. I've been in an environment with two Ijaws from Odi in bayelsa, one ijaw from Engenni in ahoada-west and another from elem-tombia in Degema respectively in Rivers state. The bayelsa guy spoke with his brother from odi and out of curiosity I asked the guys from engenni and Kalabari if they understood and they said not at all.

Now the Ofoni speak Urhobo but are Ijaws; the people of gelegele(that seaport area in Edo state) speak Edo but are Ijaws; apoi in ondo speak Yoruba but are ijaws;Ndoki speak Igbo but are Ijaws; Obolo speak a different language from Ibani, which is different from Abua, from Nkoroo, from Engenni, from Epie, from Nembe, from Ogbia, from Atissa. Except Kalabari and Okrika which is highly mutually intelligible, the rest is just something else. How does a scholar sincerely group all this diverse ethnicities into one unit.

Ijaw ancestry bonds them all.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by RedboneSmith(m): 6:10pm On Jan 11, 2021
An Ndoki man just got elected as Secretary-General of Ohanaeze-Ndigbo. He is not even the first Ndoki man to hold that position.

You people should be there trying to assign ethnicity to people based on oral stories that no one can really test their veracity.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 12, 2021
ijawcitizen:
Ijaw ancestry bonds them all.

Paid poster doing his job grin grin

Claiming al tribes in SS as ijaw.

Ijaw no reach 450k in naija, quit that trash
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:18am On Jan 12, 2021
RedboneSmith:
An Ndoki man just got elected as Secretary-General of Ohanaeze-Ndigbo. He is not even the first Ndoki man to hold that position.

You people should be there trying to assign ethnicity to people based on oral stories that no one can really test their veracity.

Pls what's his name pls
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 12:22am On Jan 12, 2021
Ndoki85:
My dear we are not ibos.deal with it we don't even have the same culture or tradition.

Ndoki are IGBOS.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by RedboneSmith(m): 6:01am On Jan 12, 2021
Logan23:

Pls what's his name pls

Okechukwu Nwadiuto Emuchay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by AdakaBoro8(m): 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2021
mbos:
Ijaw and Igbo are the same from Origin.
pls when did ijaw and igbo start becoming one?

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:02pm On Jan 12, 2021
HopeAtHand:

I've always expected you to deliver in threads as this, and you didn't fail this time.

Ijaws, like i've always stated, are nothing more than a conglomeration of people from diverse and varying ethnic backgrounds whose only true connection is the fact that they live by water.

Present day Ijaws have Yorubas, Igbos, Ibibios, Efiks. Edos, Urhobos and Izon. Soon Ikwerres will be asked to join.
funny. pls which of yoruba, ibibio, efik, edo, urhobo are part of ijaw? i can see ignorant has wrapped u over.. Izon and ijaw mean thesame people..

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:05pm On Jan 12, 2021
joeprince23:

Exactly what many people fail to understand that ijaw is more like a union of many riverine people especially eastern ijaw where there is no real izon tribe
ignorant from the highest order.. how come we speak one language if we are different?

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2021
HopeAtHand:

There are people who speak Izon and they are found in parts of Bayelsa and Delta states. This to me are the pure Ijaw stock. The rest are merely affiliates.

Sincerely it's becoming a joke when Omoyele Sowore from Yoruba and Adolphus Wabara from Igbo are referred to as Ijaws. I'm patiently waiting on what motives are for this new ijaw drive. But if they are able to pull off one united front, the unity will be nothing less than that obtained in Babel ages ago.
what are saying na? sowore is izon from apo clan of ondo.. izon has many clans.. state creation distribute izon to 7states, it doesnt mean those izon from rivers, edo, ondo, akwa ibom, anambra will erased off izoness..

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by AdakaBoro8(m): 2:33pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ndoki85:
please Ndoki kingdom was never an Ibo kingdom. come to Akwete where i Come from we don't have any culture that related to Ibos. we don't even speak the same language and most of us bear Ijaw Names like tonye.Fubra.Idawari.furo.igoni.tugbor.ihemiary.and we behave different from ibos
these pure Ijaw names. ndoki is Izon indeed. dont mind those landgrabbing igbos.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 3:53pm On Jan 12, 2021
HopeAtHand:

I've always expected you to deliver in threads as this, and you didn't fail this time.

Ijaws, like i've always stated, are nothing more than a conglomeration of people from diverse and varying ethnic backgrounds whose only true connection is the fact that they live by water.

Present day Ijaws have Yorubas, Igbos, Ibibios, Efiks. Edos, Urhobos and Izon. Soon Ikwerres will be asked to join.

Don't worry, Ogbakiri will be asked to join.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 12, 2021
RedboneSmith:

Okechukwu Nwadiuto Emuchay.

Thanks Man.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 9:06pm On Jan 12, 2021
RedboneSmith:

They elected an igbo migrant in Ndokiland. Ndoki is Ijaw.

2 Likes

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by RedboneSmith(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2021
ijawcitizen:

K.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by Abagworo(m): 2:01am On Jan 13, 2021
HopeAtHand:

Riverine = Ijaw.

The thing amazes till tomorrow how such absurdity was made and ignored by custodians of culture. I know the aim for the creation of expanded Ijaw coalition of ethnic groups is to form a common front against oppression and negligence by government and oil companies that impoverished riverine communities originally of diverse ethnicity but it will be a shame for elders of such ethnic groups to allow their history revised in this modern age.
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ChinenyeN(m): 2:56am On Jan 13, 2021
ijawcitizen:
**shakes head in disappointment, but not surprise**
Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 12:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
https://dailytrust.com/how-azumini-ndoki-celebrated-ikoro-festival-with-pomp

How Azumini Ndoki Celebrated Ikoro Festival With Pomp

HRM Prof Edward Eue and other traditional title holders
HRM Prof Edward Eue and other traditional title holders

By
. .
Sun Mar 08 2020

The people of Azumini Ndoki kingdom in Abia State came out in their numbers with lavish attires celebrating the revered Ikoro festival.

It was the best of culture, cuisines, dance and glitz on March 2, 2020 in Abia State as the spectacular Ikoro Festival was celebrated in Azumini Ndoki kingdom, a community in Ukwa East Local Government Area. It was simply tradition at its best and the colourful displays say it all.

Ikoro Azumini is an event when the people of Azumini gather to thank God for fertility and bountiful harvest of the previous farming season as well as pray for a more bountiful yield in the coming farming season.

Azumini ancient kingdom also referred to as the Blue River City is an island with ancestral connections with the Ijaws of Ndoki stock.
Azumini is estimated to be over 200 years old. The people are said to be hospitable, accommodating and lavishly proud of their cultural heritage. They also love their language, their special kind of soup and other mouth-watering delicacies especially the ukazi soup, “Africa salad” and their free spiritism.

Over the years Ikoro Azumini festival has transformed into a colourful fiesta that attracts both foreign and local tourists. Asides that, Ikoro dances are considered exclusively for nobles and culture initiates. It is like the surugede, which is referred to as the dance of the spirit.

In the displays, tourists were thoroughly entertained by the display of the rich culture and free-spiritedness of the Ndoki people.

A common sight at the festival was the lavish attires worn by the people which are a great attraction. The women adorned their attires in the variants of “George” wrappers, beads and the men their bowler hats, walking stick among others interesting designs. They move around with dignity and pride savouring in the activities.

Lineage members, consanguineous relatives, cardinal kins, men, women, children, friends and visitors across different generations were present at the village square to mark this worthy occasion. Adorned in their cultural wrappers and choral ornaments, they danced their hearts out, showcasing their community and their heritage in elegant style. Truly, it was at events like this that the spirit of being Igbo, of being Nigerian, and of being African is truly recognised, cherished, appreciated and celebrated.

Azumini is stupendously rich with culture, which they have preserved from ages, though with a few modifications. It is instructive to note that the indigenous people of Azumini Ndoki are Ijaw by blood.

They have many prominent personalities like Ambassador Okey Emuchay, a former Nigeria envoy to South Africa, Dr Chika Emuchay, a former Commissioner for Health, Dr Evans Dennar, a former Director of Pipelines and Product Marketing Company (PPMC) and Prof Paul Feyi Waboso, 1st son of King Dr Feyi Waboso among many others.

In attendance at the occasion was the Minority Leader of the Senate, Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe under whose Senatorial District the Azumini community is domicile, Honorable Uzoma Nkem Abonta representing Ukwa East/West Federal Constituency. Representing the Governor of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu was Hon. Chika Art Adiele, Senior Special Assistant to on Media and Communication and Barrister Chimdi Nwokeukwu, Senior Special Assistant to the Governor on SDGs.

Commending the efforts in organizing the event, Senator Abaribe eulogised the uniqueness of Ikoro Azumini and pledged to always support future editions.

Hon Adiele, SSA to the governor on media while speaking to News Royale stressed the need to encourage Abia people to value their traditional and culture.

Another participant, Chidi Nwangwu commended the organisers of the event pointing out that it is surely a celebration that he would love to witness again. “May the joyful spirit of Azumini continue to shine and illuminate not just our community, but the entire Ukwa-Ngwa nation and Abia State at large. And may the spirit of oneness and love for our community which was on first-class display continue to blossom from generation to generation,” he noted.

Delicacy on display was folo ukazi a special meal of the Azumini people. On the whole, it was an exquisite, royal, classic and superb cultural celebration that left many looking forward to another interesting edition next year.

1 Like

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by ijawcitizen(m): 12:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://nebula.wsimg.com/a0087b143a68114c4170a2a483358bda%3FAccessKeyId%3D5CB1B8B07D40F9690116%26disposition%3D0%26alloworigin%3D1&ved=2ahUKEwjK5I2d5JjuAhUgQxUIHdDuCOEQFjABegQIBBAC&usg=AOvVaw0BePH-7RmYtpZCb1pUExPD&cshid=1610537561076

Re: Ndoki Clan Reunion With Their Ijaw Root. by B2mario(m): 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2021
AdaFonju:
The Leadership of Ijaw Youth Council (IYC) Eastern Zone ably led by the Capacity Chairman Comrade Sammy George made an historic visit to Ndoki Kingdom for meeting with the Chiefs and the Traditional Rulers both from Oyigbo LGA of Rivers State,Ukwa East LGA of Abia State and Ukanafun LGA of Akwa Ibom State.

The Historic Meeting in preparation for the IYC Ndoki Clan inauguration was well attended by Chiefs, the Vice Chairman Ukwa East LGA Of Abia State and the following Royal Majesties.

HRM EZE S.N NWAEKE JP
ONONANKWUME VI, OMUIHUEZE 1, CHAIRMAN OF OYIGBO LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS.

HRM EZE IKEAGWUCHI EKEKE.
CHAIRMAN UKWA EAST LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS OF ABIA STATE.

HRM EZE I.O NWANKWO.
SECRETARY UKWA EAST LGA COUNCIL OF TRADITIONAL RULERS.

HRM EZE DAMINABO JOSHUA

DR IDA FELIX WABOSO

CHIEF FIDELIS NWAOCHA
THE TRADITIONAL PRIME MINISTER OF UMU IHUEEZE CLAN

CHIEF FRIDAY ONYEUKWU

AND HON CHIZOBE ONWUNWANNE
THE VICE CHAIRMAN OF UKWA EAST LGA OF ABIA STATE.

It was indeed an historic moment filled with boundless joys and fulfilment as been expressed by their Majesties reuniting the Ndoki Clan to their Ijaw Root.

HRM Eze S.N Nwaeke JP, the Chairman of Oyigbo Council of Traditional Rulers and the Most Senior of all the Traditional Rulers of Ndoki Clan in his words while expressing his deepest gratitude to the facilitators of the Reunion and the IYC Ndoki Clan Inauguration said " now I have what to tell my Ancestors when I finally join them".

Both leaders of Ndoki Clan and the IYC Eastern Zone delegation agreed to do the formal inauguration of IYC Ndoki Clan on the 10th of May before 2019 ISAAC BORO'S DAY 16th MAY to enable them prepare for their full participation in celebration of the NIGER DELTA LEGENDARY REVOLUTIONARY SOLDIER, MAJOR ISAAC JASPER ADAKA BORO.

Comrade Sammy George Chairman IYC Eastern Zone with his Council and Elders are indeed rebuilding the Broken Ancient Landmarks that ones bounded our Forebears as ONE UNITED IJAW.

#WERISE.

cc; mynd44, lalasticlala
Ijaw madness is crossing boundary. Why do the always like to attach themselves to Igbo clans? Can't them stay on their own for once?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why The Igbos Are The Most Hated Tribe In Nigeria / How Oro Festival Paralysed Activities In Ikorodu Town, Lagos / Aminu Ado Bayero: ‘My Appointment Not Meant To Spite Emir Sanusi’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.