Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,802 members, 7,813,636 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically (32007 Views)

Obi Brilliantly Answering Question About Corruption / Gumi To Buhari: Stop Talking About Corruption, Tell Nigerians Your Achievements / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by popsy2(m): 2:09pm On Apr 30, 2019
Angelawhite:

Your opinion is inconsequential

K
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by popsy2(m): 2:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
Angelawhite:

Your opinion is inconsequential

That's your opinion.
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
musicwriter:
British people don't know the damage they've done to people in their former colonies. Your ancestors came to a land and gave them a new language, education, new God. And you expect those people to act normal?

How would we act normal with an imposed mentality? This's particularly interesting to me because once I researched the cause of our problem in Africa, I realized it wasn't corruption so I stopped blaming corruption. We're operating on a wrong frequency as a people. In fact, if you abruptly stop corruption for a month, Nigeria would stop working for a while until the new mentality is absolved.

Corruption is merely a by-product of wrong language, wrong education, wrong God. The colonized nations are now disoriented population acting against their own interest. That's why corruption and, in fact, all other problems. See book on my signature.

Now, I am not saying the message is wrong. Indeed, the message is right!. Neither am I blaming white people for our own inability today to clean up the mess. While the message is right but the messenger is wrong. Britain has no moral ground to talk about corruption in any of their former colony because corruption in Nigeria is traceable to them. This may be complicated for some to understand.
You are correct..

4 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by jaxxy(m): 2:26pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

We don’t want him to say it... undecided

It’s no different than the military lecturing us after saddling us with a centralized “federation” of 36 mostly-unviable states and a Constitution that no one is totally happy with. You don’t fornicate with a dude’s daughter and be the same one lamenting her teenage pregnancy.

So he after independence he was the one who that did it constitution for u? The military are they not fellow Nigerians like u and I? Or are they from Arabia? Everybody has a fault in all of this including the ignorant and nonchalant common Nigerian man doesn’t want to participate or fight for what is his right in the most civil way possible.

Stop blaming people who left u since 1960 for ur woes. Even eastern region still fight themselves and have not done better in their zones due to both federal and state government incompetence.

Corruption is not a region or zone.

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 2:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
jaxxy:

So he after independence he was the one who that did it constitution for u? The military are they not fellow Nigerians like u and I? Or are they from Arabia? Everybody has a fault in all of this including the ignorant and nonchalant common Nigerian man doesn’t want to participate or fight for what is his right in the most civil way possible.

Stop blaming people who left u since 1960 for ur woes. Even eastern region still fight themselves and have not done better in their zones due to both federal and state government incompetence.

If you remove corruption from Nigeria, it's after then that you'll understand that Nigeria/Africa is still under western domination. Eg why is our gdp so low and why do we need so much foreign currency to sustain the economy.

The issue is two fold.. western domination and corruption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

It may well be the “truth” but we sure as hell do not want to hear it from the British who created this mess in the first instance...
Meanwhile, it is NOT mutually tell the Brits to put a sock in it while simultaneously holding our politicians accountable (Fela did it daily)!
Okay, Carry on blaming the brits, Let's see how that would fix Nigerias problems grin
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 2:59pm On Apr 30, 2019
jaxxy:

Do you actually understand what an analogy is?
Surprised you were not asking if he was the one that impregnated the fabled daughter as well?

I have already (and many times) acknowledged our own shortcomings, but simply do not want to hear from someone who sits at the corpus of the problem, not least because his drivel betrays an arrogant ignorance of history and it’s consequences. Whatever has happened in this British-created contraption are effectively “badges and incidents” (and some would contend merely a symptom) of British colonial rule.

Meanwhile, why do seem to delusionally believe that we in the Southwest are any better than our siblings in the East? Forgotten about the recurring dumb Ife-Modakeke “indigene vs settler” dichotomy fratricide? Or so many other such silly disputes? At least, the Ibos took the 20 pounds they reportedly were each given after the war (before my time, so I may be wrong) and built veritable fortunes for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 3:05pm On Apr 30, 2019
gypsey:
Okay, Carry on blaming the brits, Let's see how that would fix Nigerias problems grin

It may surprise folks in a country that devalues history...
But the first step of “fixing” anything is first locating/defining the problem.

So long as Nigerians do not believe this is THEIR country...
They will never work together to fix it. Corruption is a SYMPTOM of a bigger problem.

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by jaxxy(m): 3:06pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Do you actually understand what an analogy is?
Surprised you were not asking if he was the one that impregnated the fabled daughter as well?

I have already (and many times) acknowledged our own shortcomings, but simply do not want to hear from someone who sits at the corpus of the problem, not least because his drivel betrays an arrogant ignorance of history and it’s consequences. Whatever has happened in Nigeria is a “badge and consequence” of British colonial rule and thus inextricably-linked (and some would contend merely a symptom) thereto.

Meanwhile, why do seem to delusionally believe that we in the Southwest are any better than our siblings in the East? Forgotten about the recurring dumb Ife-Modakeke “indigene vs settler” dichotomy fratricide? Or so many other such silly disputes? At least, the Ibos took the 20 pounds they reportedly were each given after the war (before my time, so I may be wrong) and built veritable fortunes for themselves.

I understand ur point of view bt I don’t live in the past. We need to move on and think about the present and future. We haven’t dealt with our shortcomings bt yet we cry night and day over smtn centuries ago as our problem. I don’t think that would help us move forward. South Africa had a worse situation than us bt they have moved on and pushed ahead.

What exactly are we waiting for?

I never compare east with sw pls I only mentioned them cos they seem to be bothered more about the west contraption than anything else that’s logical. Each region has actually failed themselves not because of the western world bt out thinking to each other.
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Martin0(m): 3:08pm On Apr 30, 2019
gypsey:

Oga,,you know say when person they vex on the failed system of the country,e go begin dey blam their colonial peoplegrin

sometimes I dey wonder why guineas, and even non colonized Liberian nor they blame their and it's government for what's happening to them,yet Nigeria is better than them and currently these countries are not way better than Nigeria but them they liv well well,
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Martin0(m): 3:10pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

It may surprise folks in a country that devalues history... But the first step of “fixing” anything is first locating/defining the problem. .
locating an defining what
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 3:24pm On Apr 30, 2019
Martin0:

Oga,,you know say when person they vex on the failed system of the country,e go begin dey blam their colonial peoplegrin

sometimes I dey wonder why guineas, and even non colonized Liberian nor they blame their and it's government for what's happening to them,yet Nigeria is better than them and currently these countries are not way better than Nigeria but them they liv well well,

Again, someone displaying a palpable ignorance of the consequences of history...

The history of Liberia (which was all but a US colony in name) that bequeathed over a century of Americo-Liberian supremacy and dominance over political and national affairs finally exploded into a ORGY OF GENOCIDAL VIOLENCE in the late 1980s/1990s that nearly consumed the entire West African sub-region. Sadly, the tortured mindset that history belongs in the past and has no nexus nor consequences with the present or future is why this country does not study its history - and keeps substantively repeating (or threatening to repeat) same.

Meanwhile, as I have previously stated, it is NOT mutually-exclusive to criticize both our post-independence rulers as well as British colonialism. It is NOT the Hobson’s Choice of either one or the other - not least because both are inextricably-linked and in fact different points along the same continuum. Nonetheless, perhaps because some of us don’t bear the same subservience or inferiority complex that others apparently do, I have no qualms at all in telling an arrogantly ignorant Brit to take his condescending lecture and shove it up right up his sitter.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Mizwisdom(f): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
I think this whity is an idiot, they introduced corruption to us, can you imagine buying 50 human beings for one whiskey bottle. No race can compare with white for corruption

6 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 3:38pm On Apr 30, 2019
Martin0:

locating an defining what

Locating and defining our common purpose (if any)...
Because so long as we do not consider this British-created contraption as OUR OWN COUNTRY, we cannot fix it.

Right here on NL, you have folks saying “I am Yoruba before Nigerian” and some Ibos campaigning for Biafra, and you think national resolution (whatever it is) wouldn’t involve going back to Ground Zero! Corruption is the SYMPTOM, not the cancer. And it’s the latter that kills.

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Mizwisdom(f): 3:41pm On Apr 30, 2019
alexola20:
Ask ur evil Queen.
The stability if Africa most especially Nigeria is at the detriment of the Europeans.

European leaders won't let Africa see any development.

Do you know what actually happened in ajaokuta??

Gbam. They are the ones secretly promoting it sad

4 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 3:58pm On Apr 30, 2019
jaxxy:

I understand ur point of view bt I don’t live in the past. We need to move on and think about the present and future. We haven’t dealt with our shortcomings bt yet we cry night and day over smtn centuries ago as our problem. I don’t think that would help us move forward. South Africa had a worse situation than us bt they have moved on and pushed ahead.

What exactly are we waiting for?

I never compare east with sw pls I only mentioned them cos they seem to be bothered more about the west contraption than anything else that’s logical. Each region has actually failed themselves not because of the western world bt out thinking to each other.

Have you been to South Africa? shocked

Apartheid has only been eliminated in the law books and in the state houses. Economically and in many black people’s lives, except for a handful of politically-connected rent-seekers, apartheid has INTENSIFIED. There’s a reason that black South Africans keep repeatedly attacking other Africans who contributed and sacrificed for South African liberation (and I am not referring to the segment of Nigerian criminals whose existence we must acknowledge), and why Johannesburg is one of the most violent and dangerous cities on the continent.

Meanwhile (and seemingly for the umpteenth time), we simply cannot ignore how we got here and “move on”. Like you, I do not “live in the past” either but the consequence of British colonial rule is sadly NOT in the past but something that we witness and experience PRESENTLY! We cannot just move “forward” with a castle built in the sand because when the tide comes (as it invariably does), it will wash us all away.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Have you been to South Africa? shocked

Apartheid has only been eliminated in the law books and in the state houses. Economically and in many black people’s lives, except for a handful of politically-connected rent-seekers, apartheid has INTENSIFIED. There’s a reason that black South Africans keep repeatedly attacking other Africans who contributed and sacrificed for South African liberation (and I am not referring to the segment of Nigerian criminals whose existence we must acknowledge), and why Johannesburg is one of the most violent and dangerous cities on the continent.

Meanwhile (and seemingly for the umpteenth time), we simply cannot ignore how we got here and “move on”. Like you, I do not “live in the past” either but the consequence of British colonial rule is sadly NOT in the past but something that we witness and experience PRESENTLY! We cannot just move “forward” with a castle built in the sand because when the tide comes (as it invariably does), it will wash us all away.

Stop wasting your time with this dull Nigerians. Their ancestors were enslaved albeit with the help of African tribal warlords, until today the system of white supremacy still exists globally..

It's even getting worse, and to think this unaware people think the best place for advice is from a white man bedazzles me.

They have internet, they won't use it to investigate what's going on the world.

3 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by mozona(m): 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2019
Tell them
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by sammyid(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2019
HMMM, MY BROTHER (THOUGH WHITE SKIN) NA TRU U TALK.... U C IT FROM AFAR, BUT WE SEE IT FROM WITHIN.....
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Origin(f): 5:22pm On Apr 30, 2019
there is corruption everywhere.

Nigeria's case is the glaring and outright lack of shame.

Others may jack up the cost of a project but Nigerians will just share the whole money without a project to even hide behind.

the worst part lots of people share in this shame so much that it has become the norm. the foundation of wealth is really DIRTY.
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 6:27pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

It may surprise folks in a country that devalues history...
But the first step of “fixing” anything is first locating/defining the problem.

So long as Nigerians do not believe this is THEIR country...
They will never work together to fix it. Corruption is a SYMPTOM of a bigger problem.
History is not been devalued but recognised..

Are you suggesting that locating/defining the problem. according to you, has something to do with the colonial masters? or the british? That it is the british's fault that Nigeria is in Total mess? as if the british even care about the mess Nigeria is in.

Did you say nigerians don't believe Nigeria is their country? could you please explain further?.

Precisely, what i meant by fixing Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Martin0(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Locating and defining our common purpose (if any)...
Because so long as we do not consider this British-created contraption as OUR OWN COUNTRY, we cannot fix it.

Right here on NL, you have folks saying “I am Yoruba before Nigerian” and some Ibos campaigning for Biafra, and you think national resolution (whatever it is) wouldn’t involve going back to Ground Zero! Corruption is the SYMPTOM, not the cancer. And it’s the latter that kills.

ok!
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Martin0(m): 6:48pm On Apr 30, 2019
9jaRealist:

Again, someone displaying a palpable ignorance of the consequences of history...

The history of Liberia (which was all but a US colony in name) that bequeathed over a century of Americo-Liberian supremacy and dominance over political and national affairs finally exploded into a ORGY OF GENOCIDAL VIOLENCE in the late 1980s/1990s that nearly consumed the entire West African sub-region. Sadly, the tortured mindset that history belongs in the past and has no nexus nor consequences with the present or future is why this country does not study its history - and keeps substantively repeating (or threatening to repeat) same.

Meanwhile, as I have previously stated, it is NOT mutually-exclusive to criticize both our post-independence rulers as well as British colonialism. It is NOT the Hobson’s Choice of either one or the other - not least because both are inextricably-linked and in fact different points along the same continuum. Nonetheless, perhaps because some of us don’t bear the same subservience or inferiority complex that others apparently do, I have no qualms at all in telling an arrogantly ignorant Brit to take his condescending lecture and shove it up right up his sitter.

you have only written to me what you have only been told or informed about by written piece ...

You know nothing about Liberia! and who da hell informed you of all these

Gypsey
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 30, 2019
Martin0:

you have only written to me what you have only been told or informed about by written piece ...

Gypsey
Tell him!! grin

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by GreyLaw(m): 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2019
Mpanyi:

Don't mind those who support corruption codedly. They are usually beneficiaries of corruptiion. Read in between the line and you will unmask their corrupt intent.

Seriously, that guy has been covertly supporting corruption. I wonder these days at his posts.
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by BackToLife: 8:24am On May 01, 2019
SunnyskyTG:

smiley You are a Living Soul!
cheesy My brother, you don't know my Joy when I discovered you? I'm doing a similar project for my people and I was always like why are more Nigerians not doing this. So, I was so happy when I read about what you are doing. We need to talk. Whatsapp me:
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Martin0(m): 8:34am On May 01, 2019
gypsey:
Tell him!! grin

the guy just dey tell me weitin Google tell amgrin
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 2:51am On May 02, 2019
Martin0:

Gypsey

Nope! Written to you about what I personally KNOW from having spent time in Liberia...
How did Samuel Doe come to power? Again, those ignorant of HISTORICAL CONTEXT fail to grasp the slow-boiling genesis of these matters.

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by tiwiex(m): 2:56am On May 02, 2019
UniQue84:
if they need to sound it 1000x repeatedly for those crook who are hell bent on destroying this nation to be brought to justice then it's never enough . .infact it should be a continuous slogan.

What he said made enough sense.
I agree. We steal for the sake of stealing. We don't even know why we do sometimes because we don't even need the money we stole. Sad.
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by 9jaRealist: 7:11am On May 02, 2019
gypsey:
History is not been devalued but recognised..

Are you suggesting that locating/defining the problem. according to you, has something to do with the colonial masters? or the british? That it is the british's fault that Nigeria is in Total mess? as if the british even care about the mess Nigeria is in.

Did you say nigerians don't believe Nigeria is their country? could you please explain further?.

Precisely, what i meant by fixing Nigeria. cheesy

First, what is it about a basic concept like we have to define/locate Nigeria’s problems to be able to resolve it misled you into thinking that I am calling for the British to fix Nigeria? And what is it about clearly (and repeatedly) saying that we have UNDERACHIEVED confused you?

Nonetheless, for the avoidance of any doubt, let me reiterate that yes British colonial rule is at the corpus of our situation - not least because there would have been NO Nigeria (a name bequeathed by Lady Lugard) and Nigerians (perhaps most of us would not even share the same nationality) to “mess” Nigeria up. This leads me to the related issue highlighted in your post above. Right here on Nairaland, many comments repeatedly regurgitate the phrase “I am Yoruba/Ibo/Efik/Ijaw/Bini/etc., before I am Nigerian” while so many others even disclaim Nigerian nationality ENTIRELY! Accordingly, if you think that Nigeria can be fixed and state-capture (which is effectively what corruption amounts to) dealt with by people who do not believe they have any collective stake in this British-created enterprise, then I’ve a bridge in Lekki to sell you.

For the umpteenth time, corruption is merely a SYMPTOM of our underlying core national issues. We have to start from Ground Zero!

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by orisa37: 7:20am On May 02, 2019
Yusuf Buhari 2nd Richest Youth in The World. That's Corruption the basest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

We Confirmed That Tinubu Forged Certificate Of A Black American – Atiku's Lawyer / I Will Not Dialogue With Bandits; I Can Only Dialogue With Agitators–Peter Obi / Buhari Article On Obama's Cabinet(2): PMB Was Absolutely Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.