Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically (32009 Views)

Obi Brilliantly Answering Question About Corruption / Gumi To Buhari: Stop Talking About Corruption, Tell Nigerians Your Achievements / Atiku Is A Case Study On Corruption In USA By Homeland Security. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Staru1(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2019
hmmm..how will ur opinion becomes a national discussion.... media is killing us fa.
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by yankison(m): 8:27am On Apr 30, 2019
popsy2:

He made sense but he is not the 1st to make that particular sense. As a matter of fact, he is not even the one millionth person to state same and our leaders ain't deaf nor blind . They know that the most we can do is "keep making sense" on the internet and then pray to God for Nigeria to be better and that's it, no action.

Enough said already. Nothing is gonna change until we are ready to walk the talk.

Stop arguing blindly , just accept there is not time the truth can't be spoken
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by vioment: 8:30am On Apr 30, 2019
The most useless continent on the planet is Africa, and one of the most foolish places in Africa is Nigeria. -Facts.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by bluefilm: 8:31am On Apr 30, 2019
Oyibo, don't bother yourself so much trying to understand the black man.

This is because the black man has no sense at all.

Senseless people do senseless things.

All the time!

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Angelawhite(m): 8:32am On Apr 30, 2019
Rossikk:
Who is HE to talk about corruption in Nigeria??

He should ask his fellow British colonisers what they did with all the billions of pounds they made from 1897 to 1960, exporting our cocoa, rubber, tin, palm oil, groundnuts, coal, iron ore, timber, aluminium, etc etc, such that at independence in 1960 we were an underdeveloped bush with mass illiteracy, no major power station, no expressways, no major industry, and near zero infrastructure. In fact as late as the 1950s, our national football team travelled to England on a tour and played BAREFOOT because the colonial regime had starved them of basic funds for everything, and they'd never seen football boots...

The audacity of these people....

This one is still reading history when you obviously don’t like your country and your country men move in droves to the west .
He’s not even saying you should not be corrupt. He’s saying at least if you ruin your country , your children will be there to suffer it so why not be corrupt and still have small sense ?
Why can’t u be corrupt and still remember that if the road is complete, it’s for the good of everyone ?

3 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:34am On Apr 30, 2019
Only the guilty who enjoyed the impoverishment of the country with things not getting done will dissagree

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Butoneday2(m): 8:38am On Apr 30, 2019
ezenwajosh:
He's IPOB
is Ipob ur nightmare.

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by LadyHeaven(f): 8:42am On Apr 30, 2019
UniQue84:
if they need to sound it 1000x repeatedly for those crook who are hell bent on destroying this nation to be brought to justice then it's never enough . .infact it should be a continuous slogan.

What he said made enough sense.

No need arguing with that poster, Judging by silly, childish comments on NL, you would notice that a lot of so called youths are very brainless and senseless, this foreigner made SO much sense but just reading through stupid comments on the first page you would be discouraged, sad.. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by traihit: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
What we need in Nigeria is Reorientation & Enlightenment.

I believe this generation have been prepared for that, Enlightenment. I believe this generation have been prepared for Success, just that the Cosmic dark forces wanna sway our attention off the Heavenly Success.

In case you don't know, the Revolution have started already. I am currently training a number of 15 Nigerians into Financial, Moral & Attitudinal Freedom. As this Nigerians are getting freed up, they'll be involving other Nigerians, Africans in the Freedom process.

Let a Nigerian out there remain Positive!

I'm a Nigerian, and I'm so positive. It's true the crooks have spoilt the country but there's still hope if there's attitudinal change im the nook and cranny of the country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Stillthebest: 8:44am On Apr 30, 2019
popsy2:

He didn't make any new point oga. Everything he stated there is widely known in public domain. What does it change ? We should quit stating the obvious repeatedly.

As long as what is being said over and over again still repeats and permeates deeper anytime anyone revisits such observation, it becomes new points so the man is very and aptly on point. Plus most people in Nigeria don't see it the way he sees it that the corruption Is senseless. You can work for us and still steal. But these politicians just believe in stealing like crazy men. Looting to the bottom!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by BackToLife: 8:47am On Apr 30, 2019
SunnyskyTG:
What we need in Nigeria is Reorientation & Enlightenment.

I believe this generation have been prepared for that, Enlightenment. I believe this generation have been prepared for Success, just that the Cosmic dark forces wanna sway our attention off the Heavenly Success.

In case you don't know, the Revolution have started already. I am currently training a number of 15 Nigerians into Financial, Moral & Attitudinal Freedom. As this Nigerians are getting freed up, they'll be involving other Nigerians, Africans in the Freedom process.

Let a Nigerian out there remain Positive!
You are alive!

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by teebaxy(m): 8:47am On Apr 30, 2019
Rossikk:

He should ask his fellow British colonisers what they did with all the billions of pounds they made from 1897 to 1960, exporting our cocoa, rubber, tin, palm oil, groundnuts, coal, iron ore, timber, aluminium, etc etc, such that at independence in 1960 we were an underdeveloped bush with mass illiteracy, no major power station, no expressways, no major industry, and near zero infrastructure. In fact as late as the 1950s, our national football team travelled to England on a tour and played BAREFOOT because the colonial regime had starved them of basic funds for everything, and they'd never seen football boots...

OMG , did you just typed that trash up their ? And Jesus said : it is finished.

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Jaqenhghar: 8:51am On Apr 30, 2019
Earthquake3:
Nigerians like suffering
In fact the only other creature that enjoys suffering apart from Niggerians are donkeys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by starstaz(m): 8:52am On Apr 30, 2019
Rossikk:

Really? But they've still got our billions of pounds (or trillions, considering it was a 70 year rule). Why should we forget that and ''move on"?

And now they're giving us advice? Dude please, don't annoy me this evening. The least they can do is STFU. They're in no position to criticise corruption in Nigeria while still holding on to their loot from this country.

We are ruling ourselves for the past 6 Decades. What has come out of it. China, India, Japan and koreans were all rural in the 50's and 60's and we Naija even have a more promising outlook and future than them. U still putting the blame on Brits. The Chinese and India made a decision to turn the clock around and make a name for themselves and see where it has landed them. We on our decided to be a lame duck and make our belly a paradise to consume our next and next generation future and we are still doing it up till now. The Japanese was in ruin in the Second world war, total destruction, they came up with revival plan and they stick to it, see where it landed them.

China the second most Richest country on earth, breathing heavily, on the neck of America, in terms of GDP. She has both economy and space power.

India spare heading medicine in terms of productivity and Emerging power in Telecommunications. Don't forget Nuclear energy as well ready to be unleashed on their noisy neighbor , Pakistan.

Bottom line is many Nation has moved on from the old theatrics of blaming colonization as the Sole reason for our under productivity and under development. We should stop crying river and change the course of history for our own good o.

** I decided to leave Qatar, Dubia and the united Arab Emirate from the equation. Who be them compare to Naija in the 50s up to 70s. But their Leadership, what is common to all, decided to change their course of history with strong determination and see D results today.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Jaqenhghar: 8:54am On Apr 30, 2019
teebaxy:
OMG , did you just typed that trash up their ? And Jesus said : it is finished.
His case is called talking for the sake of talking. He just has to oppose somehow even where there is nothing to oppose
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Cloud007: 9:00am On Apr 30, 2019
ValCon888:
This man has broken the table we were all managing to stand on one leg.
especially when he knows the carpenter has relocated to Canada... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Toxydon147: 9:03am On Apr 30, 2019
ezenwajosh:
He's IPOB

You should learn from what he’s saying. They can still loot even more when they have all the infrastructures done . No one will care anymore. Wake up from your tribal war.

They inflict poverty in the country and when you cry for food , they give you a token and you will hail them.

Is that bad , let join together and make things work for us .

We were once richer and more developed than Dubai , but see Dubai today! Ghana is fast overtaken us , all we do is to fight on social media.

Looking for whom to blame.
#nigerianyouthsshouldwakeup#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Emmasteev(m): 9:05am On Apr 30, 2019
Our President Is Already Fighting The Corruption nah

1 Like

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 30, 2019
traihit:

I'm a Nigerian, and I'm so positive. It's true the crooks have spoilt the country but there's still hope if there's attitudinal change im the nook and cranny of the country.

I love that man! There's great hope for Naija.

Please do this, infect negative Nigerians around you with Positivity, you'll be surprised by what you've done.

Remember, you must live your positivity, you must demonstrate it.

God Bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 9:08am On Apr 30, 2019
BackToLife:
You are alive!
smiley You are a Living Soul!

2 Likes

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by UncleJudax(m): 9:11am On Apr 30, 2019
Corruption in Africa is about class hatred and dominance. The politicians and their cronies do not want the masses to live as humans.

Sadly, the masses have become used to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by UncleJudax(m): 9:14am On Apr 30, 2019
throwaway:
Annoy u? Lmao. Without colonization u would have still been in the bush. You'd have been using leaf to clean ur ass. Malaria and other diseases would have been your relatives.

Colonization and slavery are things of the past. Did he colonize you? What stopped ur forefathers from laying the foundations for a better world for you? Rather they took part in enslaving one another. Fighting senseless ethic fights.
W
Those fights are still on grin
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 9:18am On Apr 30, 2019
Rossikk:

Looool....You sound like a yahoo boy right now....whenever u ask yahoo boys how far this fraud parole wet u dey do??..they will blame colonial masters for slavery..that it's pay back time....lol
This dude isn't part of the colonial era...I don't get why u are angry at him becos of something his ancestors did...and sadly, isn't he saying the truth...are colonial masters still the reason we don't have light, security, good schools and health care??...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Psoul(m): 9:20am On Apr 30, 2019
The man is very much correct. Our politicians are just foolish and greedy without any conscience.

Even in some firm/companies, they allow some percentage of corruption and they still get jobs done perfectly well.

They will give a target and they may ignore some levels of corruption. If u can "steal" from the company and still meet the target, no problem. The only thing the company will do is to keep increasing ur target. U see that the company will keep getting better while the workers will be tasking their brains on hw they will meet the target and still make the side cash.

Let me explain more of that stealing from the company.
Let's take for instance a company into Cargo.
You are given a target to make N5m cargo every 2weeks.
Assuming a customer comes, u charge the load for N100,000.
You post 90k into companies account and retain 10K, that is corruption, but the company may let it be and focus on ur target. If u meet it they will increase it otherwise they will sack u.

In this case, the staff will even start going from office to office to look for customers cos he wants to meet target and still make money of his own. You will see that the company will keep growing and getting better.

Our Nigerian Politicians don't have a target for this country. That is why they will steal all the money they made on behalf of this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by popsy2(m): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2019
Stillthebest:

As long as what is being said over and over again still repeats and permeates deeper anytime anyone revisits such observation, it becomes new points so the man is very and aptly on point. Plus most people in Nigeria don't see it the way he sees it that the corruption Is senseless. You can work for us and still steal. But these politicians just believe in stealing like crazy men. Looting to the bottom!

You need to read about other African countries, Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria etc. You need to see how the citizens take to the streets and not the internet.

Anyways, let us keep regurgitating same words our parents did. Our kids might actually do same and the circle continues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by popsy2(m): 9:27am On Apr 30, 2019
yankison:

Stop arguing blindly , just accept there is not time the truth can't be spoken

Don't take action. Keep saying the truth and keep praying to God.

Nothing is given, it is all for the taking. Roger that ?
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 9:31am On Apr 30, 2019
Toxydon147:

You should learn from what he’s saying. They can still loot even more when they have all the infrastructures done . No one will care anymore. Wake up from your tribal war.

They inflict poverty in the country and when you cry for food , they give you a token and you will hail them.

We were once richer and more developed than Dubai , but see Dubai today! Ghana is fast overtaken us , all we do is to fight on social media.

BOY AM NO NIGERIA AND NIGERIA WILL NEVER WORK.... AM REVOLUTING FOR BIAFRA
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by babyfaceafrica: 9:33am On Apr 30, 2019
OdenKelechi:

Even as stupid as you are, you know he's correct. You're just too stupid to admit it
k
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2019
Toxydon147:

AM NO NIGERIA YOUTH AM BIAFRAN
Re: Roger Johnson: What I Hate About Corruption In Africa And Nigeria Specifically by Nobody: 9:34am On Apr 30, 2019
Butoneday2:
is Ipob ur nightmare.

Its only a sacarsm AM BIAFRA AM IPOB

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari Article On Obama's Cabinet(2): PMB Was Absolutely Wrong / Shehu Sani Blasts El-Rufai For His Anti-Tinubu & Southwest Comment / APC Names Abiola Ajimobi Acting National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.