Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide (47888 Views)

Photo Of Abolarinwa Olaoye Who Committed Suicide In Ekiti Secretariat / Burial Of 15-Year-Old Girl Slimzy Jay Who Committed Suicide In Delta (Photos) / Boyfriend Of Delta 15-Year-Old Girl Who Committed Suicide Over Heartbreak Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by springtech(m): 11:52am On May 01, 2019
Tsam96:

It's always easy to be the judge in other people's case. The guy was probably just as concerned as you are. Check the time on the chat it was around midnight. The next available transit would most likely be in d morning. By then it might probably be too late. That's not to mention the fact that the guy probably didn't know the situation was that serious. (A lot of people still think anyone who commit suicide becos of a breakup is just being silly). It's easy to dismiss talks about suicide in such situations.

While I understand the fact that being proactive might have saved d life of many people who commit suicide. We can't always put the blame on people for what they did or didn't do. (Heck! There might be someone suffering from depression right next to you and u'd not even know)The deed is done already.

Matured mind sighted.
Wish there was a club for matured minds.

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by dochenaj: 11:53am On May 01, 2019
MissRaine69:
It’s all for the likes
That friend does not care.
If my friend told me they were having suicidal thoughts and even hinted that they were not thinking about the future that’s a massive red flag for me.
I would go and see them immediately. Not tell them to be strong how can they be strong when they can’t even think about tomorrow?
You can't tell what the purpose of showing that chat was, since you cannot read his thoughts. But it has sure raised awareness on how surreal suicide is, and some people have become more educated about getting help for people depressed around them.
You're experienced. But you must remember that not all suicidal ideation translate into attempt at suicide, and the guy didn't know better, now he does. Didn't they say "experience is the best teacher" unfortunately at the loss of his friend.
A while back a friend, a medical doctor committed suicide and considering his training he was a high risk because he knew how best to end a life. I was stunned when I learnt about it. I wouldn't believe in a thousand years that he would contemplate that.
The attitude towards mental health is global, and worse in our country with little literacy and awareness about clinical depression (only mad people visit a psychiatrist).
It's sad.

2 Likes

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Nobody: 11:57am On May 01, 2019
depression & suicide is real. I'm a victim & still struggle with it sometimes. some nairalanders are evil & sometimes curse u to go kill ur self even depicting it with meme

almost took my life some years ago cos of Owliver ( nl moniker) asking to do d needful & die.

He will surely bury his children for wishing another man child dealth & if is reading dis, & resend dis to me He sha reap it all in infinite googolplex. prophecy sealed.

Unless he is older than me, curse & prophecy cancelled. wicked soul.

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 12:04pm On May 01, 2019
dochenaj:

You can't tell what the purpose of showing that chat was, since you cannot read his thoughts. But it has sure raised awareness on how surreal suicide is, and some people have become more educated about getting help for people depressed around them.
You're experienced. But you must remember that not all suicidal ideation translate into attempt at suicide, and the guy didn't know better, now he does. Didn't they say "experience is the best teacher" unfortunately at the loss of his friend.
A while back a friend, a medical doctor committed suicide and considering his training he was a high risk because he knew how best to end a life. I was stunned when I learnt about it. I wouldn't believe in a thousand years that he would contemplate that.
The attitude towards mental health is global, and worse in our country with little literacy and awareness about clinical depression (only mad people visit a psychiatrist).
It's sad.
So what’s the point of putting it on social media?
Assumptions are what stops us from helping. Your friend being a doctor does not make him immune to depression.
When something does not feel right, you don’t need experience to act. I am sure your friend alluded or changed a lot before he took his own life but in most instances especially when it involves a man the point of view is to just ask them to “soldier on” even when they are running on empty.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by fowlyansh181(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2019
Ziel20:
Dude or whosoever it is that was chatting with that girl was so careless. She made it clear that she can't help herself but think about taking her life and she even said if she'll be alive the next day and all the idiot could say was u r a strong woman. She's obviously a child and was in a helpless situation yet the dude couldn't play hero to reach to her problem. Depression is REAL and that shit takes away every obvious survival option and present only the easiest route (suicide) to its victims. Let's watch out for each other. So bad.
stop accusing the person for doing the best they could in that situation.. not many are cut out for being therapist or advising others.. you expect an ordinary person to give same advice a therapist that studies for years in school gives?
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 12:04pm On May 01, 2019
dochenaj:

It's sad.

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Mikhailkutusov: 12:06pm On May 01, 2019
DREagon:
So this Fine girl kill her self because of guy, shey the guy now go dey knack another babe dey flex,
!! Suicidal thought is in your head!! U did not even consider your family on how they are going to take it, after the whole sacrifice they made because of u. Selfish people always using depression as an escues, Smh
You are a part of the problem,depression is not an excuse,its a reason.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 12:06pm On May 01, 2019
fowlyansh181:
stop accusing the person for doing the best they could in that situation.. not many are cut out for being therapist or advising others.. you expect an ordinary person to give same advice a therapist that studies for years in school gives?
You don’t need to be a therapist to go and check on your friend who says they are struggling. Presence alone is therapeutic.

2 Likes

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 12:09pm On May 01, 2019
Truest:
depression & suicide is real. I'm a victim & still struggle with it sometimes. some nairalanders are evil & sometimes curse u to go kill ur self even depicting it with meme

almost took my life some years ago cos of Owliver ( nl moniker) asking to do d needful & die.

He will surely bury his children for wishing another man child dealth & if is reading dis, & resend dis to me He sha reap it all in infinite googolplex. prophecy sealed.

Unless he is older than me, curse & prophecy cancelled. wicked soul.
Ignorance is rife on this forum. What you read here is a snapshot of the mentality of the society that you live in.

3 Likes

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by PeacenLove2: 12:11pm On May 01, 2019
Parents need to teach their children SELF-LOVE right from childhood.

People need that confidence and must do away from finding that sort of validation from another human being. History has shown time and again that human beings are too selfish to be able to fill that gap for another.

With less expectation from another, we will learn to handle inevitable disappointments, betrayals and what have you?

RIP dear angel. I hope she finds peace and pray her loved ones are comforted.

To all those who are depressed out there ... please always learn to find the silver lining. Believe me it is ALWAYS there. That down time is the lowest you can go and you have no where else to go but up.

Go out there, make new memories, find hobbies however little, get that body back into action, be active, love and don't fret. This life is for everyone. Sieze every moment.

Whatever you do, don't give up. Hugs and kisses.

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by PeacenLove2: 12:12pm On May 01, 2019
Parents need to teach their children SELF-LOVE right from childhood.

People need that confidence and must do away from finding that sort of validation from another human being. History has shown time and again that human beings are too selfish to be able to fill that gap for another.

With less expectation from another, we will learn to handle inevitable disappointments, betrayals and what have you?

RIP dear angel. I hope she finds peace and pray her loved ones are comforted.

To all those who are depressed out there ... please always learn to find the silver lining. Believe me it is ALWAYS there. That down time is the lowest you can go and you have no where else to go but up.

Go out there, make new memories, find hobbies however little, get that body back into action, be active, love and don't fret. This life is for everyone. Sieze every moment.

Whatever you do, don't give up.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by dochenaj: 12:12pm On May 01, 2019
MissRaine69:
So what’s the point of putting it on social media?
Assumptions are what stops us from helping. Your friend being a doctor does not make him immune to depression.
When something does not feel right, you don’t need experience to act. I am sure your friend alluded or changed a lot before he took his own life but in most instances especially when it involves a man the point of view is to just ask them to “soldier on” even when they are running on empty.
I didn't imply my friend was immune, but given his education. He should have been more prone to getting help and if he couldn't it will be much more worse than the general population. That was the picture I tried to portray.
And we wouldn't be having this conversation if this chat was not put on the internet. So it did serve some purpose. Howbeit it has raised awareness. The intent of the uploader cannot be judged since you have no telepathy skills.

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by murphyibiam15(m): 12:15pm On May 01, 2019
Kenmatt:
If this is true, that girl is an Idiot. Is that what her parents sent her to go and do in school.

Some people who are not matured to go into relationship, will be rushing in without knowing it's rudiments.

It is said, " If you're afraid of being hurt, don't love".
your comments shows how ignorant you're, mental diseases occur just like physical diseases..study and get knowledge

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 01, 2019
Na person chatting with her na mumu, someone talked about commiting suicide, and you reply was shush, you are a strong woman, I said woman not girl. That one na big ode.

If a friend ever mention commiting suicide, even if am not around, I would call other Friends around her to keep an eye on her.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MrBen619(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2019
That's why i hate chatting when it comes confidencial matters.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Edyice: 12:28pm On May 01, 2019
philosophie:
I think I'm the next to leave this trap called life. I'd flavor my sniper tho, I'd add some campari to it, makes the slide frictionless. Bye palz

Guy just do what you love most

Those thoughts will leave you gradually

Do what you love

Don't let anyone stop you

Remember do what you love

Peace
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 12:31pm On May 01, 2019
dochenaj:

I didn't imply my friend was immune, but given his education. He should have been more prone to getting help and if he couldn't it will be much more worse than the general population. That was the picture I tried to portray.
And we wouldn't be having this conversation if this chat was not put on the internet. So it did serve some purpose. Howbeit it has raised awareness. The intent of the uploader cannot be judged since you have no telepathy skills.
And my point to you is
Background, level and type of education is irrelevant when it comes to depression.
Depression does not discriminate that’s something you are failing to grasp.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by careidon: 12:32pm On May 01, 2019
When are we as a serious people going to control access (tru reasonable legitimate means) to this sniper sef?
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Teedamaniac: 12:33pm On May 01, 2019
Ziel20:
Dude or whosoever it is that was chatting with that girl was so careless. She made it clear that she can't help herself but think about taking her life and she even said if she'll be alive the next day and all the idiot could say was u r a strong woman. She's obviously a child and was in a helpless situation yet the dude couldn't play hero to reach to her problem. Depression is REAL and that shit takes away every obvious survival option and present only the easiest route (suicide) to its victims. Let's watch out for each other. So bad.
I think it's not the person's fault, that chat seem to me as though it was late night, unless off course it's not 11pm but 11am, no way the person chatting with her would have gone over to her place that night, except off course it was in the morning then I can blame the person for not playing a good role in helping her out of that situation
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by donbenie(m): 12:34pm On May 01, 2019
bolinjkezzy:
Any girl/man that cannot handle heartbreak should not go into relationship biko, killing yourself over relationship issues to me is bullshit
Well,

Life is never A B C D..
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by SamuelAnyawu(m): 12:36pm On May 01, 2019
MikeBetty:
Parents Sent Their Children To School To Learn, They Went Only To Forget The Reason Why They Sent Them To School. Female Students Who Are Leaving In Private Hostels Nowadays Rock Life With Male Students More Than Their Parents At Home. Some Of Them Between 7pm - 9pm Dress Waiting For Any Flashy Cars At Bishops Court Owerri, And School Gates. The Way They Hop Into Cars Keep One Thinking What The World Has Turn Into.

bad area back then.... Hope cultism has reduced in that axis
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Jaqenhghar: 12:53pm On May 01, 2019
bolinjkezzy:
Any girl/man that cannot handle heartbreak should not go into relationship biko, killing yourself over relationship issues to me is bullshit
So is this post

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MikeBetty(m): 12:53pm On May 01, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

bad area back then.... Hope cultism has reduced in that axis
Still Headquartres Of Cultism Nom
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by ovieben(m): 12:54pm On May 01, 2019
When kids like this have watched so much soap operas they believe that's how life is suppose to play out, what does she know about love that she selfishly took her life. Its a sad one though

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by dochenaj: 12:59pm On May 01, 2019
MissRaine69:

And my point to you is
Background, level and type of education is irrelevant when it comes to depression.
Depression does not discriminate that’s something you are failing to grasp.
I am not saying that depression discriminates. At a point even Bill Gates suffered from depression despite being the world's richest man.
My point is about seeking help. Health seeking behaviour generally is better for the educated than the illiterate.
So in reference to my doctor friend, he should have been better placed to seek for help but he couldn't, thus buttressing my point about the global difficulty in seeking help for depression.
Try to understand my points before jumping off the tangent.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 1:03pm On May 01, 2019
dochenaj:

I am not saying that depression discriminates. At a point even Bill Gates suffered from depression despite being the world's richest man.
My point is about seeking help. Health seeking behaviour generally is better for the educated than the illiterate.
So in reference to my doctor friend, he should have been better placed to seek for help but he couldn't, thus buttressing my point about the global difficulty in seeking help for depression.
Try to understand my points before jumping off the tangent.
It’s going of tangent not jumping off tangent anyway I digress
It’s not an access issue as even countries with far superior services than Nigeria suicides still occur.
Mental illness still carries enormous stigma, that fear of being stigmatised is why people internalise rather than voice matters.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Proffdada: 1:06pm On May 01, 2019
nairalanduseles:
A country that a lot of people be suffering from anxiety and mental health......no help lines
No psychologist
Come to fellowship ....Really......religion has really destroyed Nigeria
religion helps. Many would have done a lot of damages if not for religious reasons

1 Like

Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 1:06pm On May 01, 2019
ovieben:
When kids like this have watched so much soap operas they believe that's how life is suppose to play out, what does she know about love that she selfishly took her life. Its a sad one though
You must know that your comment comes from a place of no knowledge right?
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Proffdada: 1:08pm On May 01, 2019
philosophie:
I think I'm the next to leave this trap called life. I'd flavor my sniper tho, I'd add some campari to it, makes the slide frictionless. Bye palz
when there's a lot of great things yet to be done ?
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by StevenOba: 1:10pm On May 01, 2019
These is what happens when you start dating before you are emotionally mature. If you think sexual urge is getting too much then get married. Religion has laid out rules to live by for us but we always think we know better. I only feel so sorry for the family.
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by Proffdada: 1:10pm On May 01, 2019
Ziel20:
the person did not know she's that serious. Don't quickly judge. Even by the responses, she wasn't expected to still commit suicide
Re: Last Chat Of Hilkmat Gbadamosi, UNIPORT Student Who Committed Suicide by MissRaine69(f): 1:12pm On May 01, 2019
[quote author=Proffdada post=78011427] religion helps. Many would have done a lot of damages if not for religious reasons [/quote

No it does not
It just shifts causes from a mental source to a spiritual source it does not address the cause.
Do you know how many families stop prescribed treatment for mental illness, take their family members to church with the view that the Bipolar will be banished out of the person’s head? All they are going is crippling that person’s life as they will never be good for anything as long as they remain off medication. Religion is not medicine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22-Year-Old Buys ₦4.6m Car With Fake Bank Alert, Lands In Ondo Police Net / Tenant Pushes Lagos Landlady To Death Over Door Closure / Man Beats Wife To Death 2 Weeks After She Gave Birth In Rivers State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.