Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) (77584 Views)

Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Airport Officials Collecting Money In Place Of COVID-19 Test - Sahara Reporters / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:48pm On May 04, 2019
Beetobee:
grin

Calling someone stupid but you are so daft you can't even correctly quote someone on a basic platform like Nairaland.

I have seen stupidity here but yours is 100% pure. No contamination grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Built2last: 12:48pm On May 04, 2019
Kennydoc:

I really don't understand some of the points being raised by this issue.

1. Security checks are done before luggages are checked in. I have never had to handle my main luggage again after crossing the security check point till the final destination, and once the luggages are picked from the conveyor belt, there ideally isn't any other security scanner.
Is there a chance there's such a check when someone lands in Saudi?
How do these people get caught at their destinations, if the drugs are in the main luggages?

2. Are the so called airport drug cartel not subject to the normal checks passengers are subjected to when they come to work every morning? How are they able to cross to the luggage loading point with the drugs?

3. I've seen people with sealed luggages, but I didn't take note of where and how they got them sealed. Do they have the sealing machines in every airport?

From the moment your bag is checked in. The evil men are those luggage carriers who pick it at the back and load it in the plane.

So seal it before checking it in. Usually the drug traffickers have settled those men. Who plant the drugs and come back to give them the luggage tag. So often times, the owner of the drug also travels in that plane.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Built2last: 12:50pm On May 04, 2019
Investmentfreak:

How can the bag be sealed at home?? What kind of seal?

It's called secure wraps. Usually before you check in your bag, you can do that after security checks

It's in many airports around the world. Once am in Asia, Latin America or Africa. I seal my bags

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Adeniyii2017: 12:55pm On May 04, 2019
Built2last:

It's called secure wraps. Usually before you check in your bag, you can do that after security checks

It's in most airports in the world. Most people dont just know

Thank you.. I checked google but didn’t even get it.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Investmentfreak: 12:55pm On May 04, 2019
Built2last:

It's in many airports around the world. Once am in Asia, Latin America or Africa. I seal my bags

Thanks alot,the point here is getting it past the Nigerian airport ,I doubt if foreign officials will plant foreign materials in ones luggage without getting caught.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by RTSC: 12:56pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I am sorry to say this, but the rich gal's family likely got away with framing the luggage handlers.

Comparing the cost of Cocaine vs Tramadol is the first indicator.

The 2nd is ... the Family's influence and speed she was extracted. If you get in trouble even when 100% innocent and expect Nigerian FG to bail out, your bones would be dust before that happens.

The girl's family is so influential that they were able to pressurize the FG into bringing the matter up when discussing a business deal with Saudi.

Saudi of course would be "reasonable" so as not to jeopardize 100s of millions of dollars on the line.

Case in point - Jamal Khasoggi. The US looked the other way. What's his life compared to billions of dollars Saudi gives annually?.

Tramadol vs Cocaine comparison is as stupid as saying someone tried to steal a stainless steel cup when there was diamond or platinum available.
Saudi Arabia were very lucky to be in America's good books when that Jamal khasoggi issue happened.
Billions in dollars of arms imports can buy American support.

Else, the US would have crippled their monoeconomy totally.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by MarcusCrassus05: 12:59pm On May 04, 2019
I heard many people asking how and why would drug cartel plant drugs in the lady's bag, some also asked assuming it's tru e they plants it in her bag then his are they going to retrieve it at he destination airport while. There are a lot of things that I you weren't following the saga from onset they wouldn't make sense at all..Here is a brief ordeal of how it happened and answers to some questions above.

1. The airport cartel claimed that some one brought the luggage to help them send over to Saudi Arabia, its an illegal thing they does, they will collect luggage from unknown person and add it to soomeones luggage and send across, the person at the receievng end is aware of the parcel and will pick it at the airport once the luggage arrives.
2. In the case of Zainab Aliyu same thing happened, they registered a bag containing 2000 units of tramadol on her name, she has a small luggage which her total weight required is not IP to required KG so they used the opportunity to add the additional bag to her luggage and register it with her name, at the destination she only picked her bag which she was aware of and left the other behind since she wasn't aware that it do exist, Saudi official while carrying out scan of luggage later discovered that bad that were left perhaps the person who is supposed to pick the bag at the destination did not arrive on time and the bag was left behind which the Saudi agents intercepted, the bag was labelled with Zainab's name so they traced her to her hotel and arrested her.
3. The case was a bit straight forward as the item was in a luggage she was not aware of not in her main luggage. Immediately her parent realized what happened they went to the airport and demand for investigation on the luggage added to her, when the official that worked that day were intorregated they indeed confessed that they added that bag to her and many other passengers, its a normal thing they do there, add luggage to a passenger and collect money for it, the owner will received the added luggage at the destination. On searching through their phone they discovered WhatsApp chat where one of the official snapped the added bag and sent to some one at Saudi who will pick it.

I have to write this price to clear air on some of the questions that are not very clear, its a clear case of framing there was nothing like conspiracy or making some people as scapegoat to save the innocent lady.

11 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by objobj: 12:59pm On May 04, 2019
festacman:
Can somebody from NDLEA explain fully how this happened, the intention behind it, and precautions travellers should take. Millions of Naira are voted every year for anti-drug enlightenment. This is the time to utilize the money before someone just die for nothing.

Honestly.
This us scary. I could remember when they saw anti malaria drug in my hand luggage. They took me thru several biological tests before l was declared ok to enter the country. Imagine if its something more severe.
God help us
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Built2last: 1:06pm On May 04, 2019
Investmentfreak:

Thanks alot,the point here is getting it past the Nigerian airport ,I doubt if foreign officials will plant foreign materials in ones luggage without getting caught.

Yea. There are CCTV everywhere bags pass.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Built2last: 1:07pm On May 04, 2019
Adeniyii2017:

Thank you.. I checked google but didn’t even get it.

It's in most airports. You dont need to buy
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by LBanks(m): 1:09pm On May 04, 2019
etrange:
Wow... but why would those drug pushers plant Tramadol in a girl's bag? Tramadol of all drugs? It does not make sense at all. Boys and girls use Tramadol here everyday and it wouldn't be a surprise if the beautiful lady mindlessly took some abroad. I just hope no one is being accused wrongly here; that would be unbearable painful.

Say it already, its not a matter of "I just hope" its what happened, the airport officials have been framed up for the crime the girl committed, ho ha
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Boyslick(m): 1:14pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I am sorry to say this, but the rich gal's family likely got away with framing the luggage handlers.

Comparing the cost of Cocaine vs Tramadol is the first indicator.

The 2nd is ... the Family's influence and speed she was extracted. If you get in trouble even when 100% innocent and expect Nigerian FG to bail out, your bones would be dust before that happens.

The girl's family is so influential that they were able to pressurize the FG into bringing the matter up when discussing a business deal with Saudi.

Saudi of course would be "reasonable" so as not to jeopardize 100s of millions of dollars on the line.

Case in point - Jamal Khasoggi. The US looked the other way. What's his life compared to billions of dollars Saudi gives annually?.

Tramadol vs Cocaine comparison is as stupid as saying someone tried to steal a stainless steel cup when there was diamond or platinum available.
Seems you know nothing bout drugs so I'd like to educate you. Cocaine is a class A drug alright, but is worth little in south american countries where it is produced. Its a different ball game when it gets to its intended market, price skyrockets 20x if not more. Now Tramadol is not a class A drug, but trust me it's addictive properties are A class. That being said, class A drug or not, someone that's addicted to Tramadol would pay any amount to get his next fix. Though Tramadol price has increased considerably in Nigeria too due to last year's campaign(the amount you'd pay for a sachet or two last year is what you'll pay for a single pill at the moment), it is still widely available. In Saudi, the law is well spelt out, which simply means you'll have to pay through your nose to get it. Now say you succeeded in getting it into the country, you could decide to sell it at any outrageous amount you will. Since a pack of Tramadol containing 10/15 sachets is well less than #10,000 here and easily accessible, You dont have to be a cartel member to try pulling such a stunt at the expense of passengers. Access to passengers' luggage is enough temptation for anyone.

6 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Charly68: 1:15pm On May 04, 2019
Those involved must face capital punishment because they have doubtlessly destroyed many lives
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:18pm On May 04, 2019
Boyslick:

Seems you know nothing bout drugs so I'd like to educate you. Cocaine is a class A drug alright, but is worth little in south american countries where it is produced. Its a different ball game when it gets to its intended market, price skyrockets 20x if not more. Now Tramadol is not a class A drug, but trust me it's addictive properties are A class. That being said, class A drug or not, someone that's addicted to Tramadol would pay any amount to get his next fix. Though Tramadol price has increased considerably in Nigeria too due to last year's campaign(the amount you'd pay for a sachet or two last year is what you'll pay for a single pill at the moment), it is still widely available. In Saudi, the law is well spelt out, which simply means you'll have to pay through your nose to get it. Now say you succeeded in getting it into the country, you could decide to sell it at any outrageous amount you will. Since a pack of Tramadol containing 10/15 sachets is well less than #10,000 here and easily accessible, You dont have to be a cartel member to try pulling such a stunt at the expense of passengers. Access to passengers' luggage is enough temptation for anyone.

Very poor analysis.

Cocaine is expensive EVERYWHERE in the world. Quote me anywhere. Even if relatively cheap in Colombia. Do you have any idea of how far it is to Saudi ? How long the trip will be and what the final price would be there ?

I have at least 2 doctor friends in Saudi. Tramadol is a controlled substance, but available on doctor's prescription.

Sorry to be blunt, but only a fool would believe its more profitable to traffick Tramadol instead of Cocaine.

So from the long jumble you wrote up there, you feel Cocaine isn't expensive in Saudi ? ?

WTF? Are you high? grin cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by saintneo(m): 1:21pm On May 04, 2019
Built2last:
Reason people seal their bags after checking at the airport.

Once I pass clearance at the airport. I place my bag at the sealing machine and seal it. I can't shout.

Imagine landing and they open your bags and it's full of drugs. You will look for stammer but wont find.

Seal your bag once checked at the airport in Naija. Abroad, no one opens your bag except the scan picks up something strange.

If you know nothing strange in your bag and kg is okay. Seal the bag from home.

What is difficult in opening and re-sealing bags?

To be candid, I don't even bother using padlocks on my bag.

The only time, I sealed a box was when I had company properties in them
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

It was claimed she had only one bag. Right?

So question is this :

If i have a single black bag, why would i be checking for another bag on the conveyor belt that says "Adolf Hitler "?

Besides you didn't answer to the first indicator. Why on earth will one be so stupid to risk one's career, freedom and possibly life for profit from Tramadol?
tram in Saudi is big money,the fact that it is sold anywhere in nigeria doesn’t mean same everywhere in the world

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Boyslick(m): 1:28pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Poor analysis.

Cocaine is expensive EVERYWHERE in the world. Quote me anywhere.

I have at least 2 doctor friends in Saudi. Tramadol is a controlled substance, but available on doctor's prescription.

Sorry to be blunt, but only a fool would believe its more profitable to traffick Tramadol instead of Cocaine.

So from the long jumble you wrote up there, you feel Cocaine isn't expensive in Saudi ? ?

WTF? Are you high? grin cheesy cheesy
Learn how to comprehend nigga.
Tramadol isn't available even on prescription in Saudi.
Back to the matter, you just helped me buttress my point which is to y'all saying they'd rather traffic cocaine than Tramadol. Cocaine is expensive as fvck here, you'd have to be a big player to try trafficking that shiit and you wouldn't even use a method as dumb as that. The said drugs were planted in the girls bags by a group of retardds tryna hit big, and they were VERY naive about it. If the girl were a drug addict as is being implied, she'd forfeit hajj altogether knowing she can't get her medication over there

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:28pm On May 04, 2019
Benz4pimp:
tram in Saudi is big money,the fact that it is sold anywhere in nigeria doesn’t mean same everywhere in the world

Tram vs Coke. Price comparison. Worldwide. There's your answer

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by VellyG(m): 1:29pm On May 04, 2019
Hey guys don't get fooled. FG had to cook up the stories about drug cartel at Kano airport to save the girl's life. That was the only reasonable excuse Saudi Arabia could listen to. Mind you if u were a southerner do not expect this kind of treatment from FG.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:30pm On May 04, 2019
LastSurvivor11:
If only FG could extend this goodwill to other ethnic groups in Nigeria undecided
why should it
They refuse to fight
They should take whatever comes to them

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:31pm On May 04, 2019
Boyslick:

Learn how to comprehend nigga.
Tramadol isn't available even on prescription in Saudi.
Back to the matter, you just helped me buttress my point which is to y'all saying they'd rather traffic cocaine than Tramadol. Cocaine is expensive as fvck here, you'd have to be a big player to try trafficking that shiit and you wouldn't even use a method as dumb as that. The said drugs were planted in the girls bags by a group of retardds tryna hit big, and they were VERY naive about it. If the girl were a drug addict as is being implied, she'd forfeit hajj altogether knowing she can't get her medication over there

You need an elementary lesson in comprehension.

Your last sentence explains it. Knowing she cant get her medication there. She took it along.

Where did you see that Tramadol isn't available in Saudi even on prescription? grin How then is there a market for something that has never been seen ?

Lol. Very little sense in the post. WOW.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 1:32pm On May 04, 2019
Mumu, do u know how much tramadol is sold in other countries?
rex444:
And all those so called cartel members could do besides planting drugs worth millions of naira was to plant tramadol in a girl bag , a girl who comes from where all sorts of drugs were taken by teenagers to get high....hmmmmmmm don't let others pay for your crime tho

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by mikolo80: 1:33pm On May 04, 2019
Godmother:
This is scary. The official had full access to the bag even though it was padlocked. May God protect us all.

Check my signature for FREE information on pure water and plastic bottle recycling
wen you no go boarding school you think you're secure with zip
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by iamjavadem(m): 1:34pm On May 04, 2019
Because tramadol is expensive in the destination country. If tramadol is ordinary then why does it carry a death sentence? U have a brain, use it.
etrange:
Wow... but why would those drug pushers plant Tramadol in a girl's bag? Tramadol of all drugs? It does not make sense at all. Boys and girls use Tramadol here everyday and it wouldn't be a surprise if the beautiful lady mindlessly took some abroad. I just hope no one is being accused wrongly here; that would be unbearable painful.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by gcof(m): 1:36pm On May 04, 2019
And the airport officials went through that to plant Tramadol? As in Tramadol
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Tram vs Coke. Price comparison. Worldwide. There's your answer
Does it have to be coke?is it everyone that has access to coke?No!!There are other substances that are banned in Saudi that is big money!!!
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by gcof(m): 1:37pm On May 04, 2019
iamjavadem:
Mumu, do u know how much tramadol is sold in other countries?
Tramadol is big money when you are dealer. I mean a container load of Tramadol not few capsules

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Built2last: 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
saintneo:

What is difficult in opening and re-sealing bags?

To be candid, I don't even bother using padlocks on my bag.

The only time, I sealed a box was when I had company properties in them

Its kot easy to open these seals and get same type between check in and boarding. You will know if your seal is removed.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Originalsly: 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
Thanks for the video. I knew about this... the reason Insaid on the other thread... have your suitcase sealed after check in. But even more important.... pack/recheck your suitcase before leaving home...and have them in your sight as much as possible. Drugs can be planted by family members/well wishers even before you leave home. One more advice.... be mindful of packing stuff from people.... you may be acepting drugs and don't even know....e.g cocaine... if you think it comes in a white powder form only ...think again.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Boyslick(m): 1:45pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I need an elementary lesson in comprehension.

Your last sentence explains it. Knowing she cant get her medication there. She took it along.

Where did you see that Tramadol is available in Saudi even on prescription? grin How then is there a market for something that has never been seen ?

Lol. Very little sense in my post. WOW.
Ode ni boboyi sha. Since you can't comprehend, here it is.
Trafficking trams from naija to Saudi is EXTREMELY profitable just like trafficking cocaine from South American countries. The ridiculous price at which trams is being sold here is the same way cocaine is sold in South America. Now go give your mum back her phone.
BTW Trams isn't available on prescription in Saudi. So weed was a prescription drug before people started smoking ba? Mofo

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by teepain: 1:46pm On May 04, 2019
Benz4pimp:
most of you don’t even understand what really happened,this has nothing to do with Tram or coke!!The drug is not planted in your original luggage,another luggage is registered in your name by the cartel and that is were you have the drugs!!!once the luggage is lucky to bypass immigration in Saudi,there are people ready to pick it up!!!Hope you understand now?what Nigerian immigration has to do was check the time luggage was registered and if there is a security cam,check and pick up whoever did it!!!

This should help to clear the air a bit.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.