Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,870 members, 7,813,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:56 PM

How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) (77580 Views)

Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Airport Officials Collecting Money In Place Of COVID-19 Test - Sahara Reporters / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 1:47pm On May 04, 2019
The whole story does not add up.

So they used her tag bla.bla on the luggage? Fine
How do they get through immigration checks, get to arrival area and retrieve the bag? How does that happen, anyone ?

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:47pm On May 04, 2019
Boyslick:

Boyslick to his useless homosexual father and spermbank wh0re mother:

Ode ni boboyi sha. Since you can't comprehend, here it is.
Trafficking trams from naija to Saudi is EXTREMELY profitable just like trafficking cocaine from South American countries. The ridiculous price at which trams is being sold here is the same way cocaine is sold in South America. Now go give your mum back her phone.
BTW Trams isn't available on prescription in Saudi. So weed was a prescription drug before people started smoking ba? Mofo

I suspected as much as i was easily making you more and more of a f0ol.

But you can keep barking. I have medicine for psychiatric patients. I treat them well grin
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Boyslick(m): 1:47pm On May 04, 2019
Benz4pimp:
Does it have to be coke?is it everyone that has access to coke?No!!There are other substances that are banned in Saudi that is big money!!!
Dude has a comprehension problem
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by landsngcom: 1:50pm On May 04, 2019
Glycosunde:

OP care to explain?
Make FG dey wine us bcus we nor dey enter plane now

Here is the most likely scenario based on what someone wrote above that the alleged cartel register a new luggage in your name that you do not know about. Since you are not aware of the luggage registered in your name, it mean you won't be looking for it. The cartel simply need the name of any traveler in order to get luggage into the plane storage and to the destination. I dont think the girl was arrested with luggage, most likely the luggage was not collected by anyone and Saudi airport officials will simply check the name the luggage is registered to and then look for the traveler.

Its technically possible for criminal airport emoloyees to do this and even go into the computer system to change or add fake information. Remember, money answereth all things.

Even if the victim traveler has left the airport, he or she can be traced; or they simply wait to arrest him/her on the return flight.

It appear Saudi justice system is not credible. Now, how can a luggage be mine wuthout my fingerprints all over it or items in the luggage. Even if someone give a luggage to me at the airport, at least i must handle it.

2 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by OgogoroFreak(m): 1:50pm On May 04, 2019
Is tramadol expensive in Saudi?

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:52pm On May 04, 2019
landsngcom:

Here is the most likely scenario based on what someone wrote above that the alleged cartel register a new luggage in your name that you do not know about. Since you are not aware of the luggage registered in your name, it mean you won't be looking for it. The cartel simply need the name of any traveler in order to get luggage into the plane storage and to the destination. I dont think the girl was arrested with luggage, most likely the luggage was not collected by anyone and Saudi airport officials will simply check the name the luggage is registered to and then look for the traveler.

Its technically possible for criminal airport emoloyees to do this and even go into the computer system to change or add fake information. Remember, money answereth all things.

Even if the victim traveler has left the airport, he or she can be traced; or they simply wait to arrest him/her on the return flight.

It appear Saudi justice system is not credible. Now, how can a luggage be mine wuthout my fingerprints all over it or items in the luggage. Even if someone give a luggage to me at the airport, at least i must handle it.

Thanks a great deal for the fingerprints angle.

ONLY 100% irredeemable idiots bought that frame story.

If i was accused. I would simply laugh and tell them to provide my fingerprints on the bag.

If they claim they aren't there. Simply show CCTV footage of me wearing gloves in the airport when checking in.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by ohinoyee(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2019
rex444:
this country matta don tie rope for waist
If saudi Arabia can give a capital punishment to there own citezen, why shud u think they can pardon a foreigner just because of a business deal......please receive brain

2 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by dreamangel: 1:53pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I am sorry to say this, but the rich gal's family likely got away with framing the luggage handlers.

Comparing the cost of Cocaine vs Tramadol is the first indicator.

The 2nd is ... the Family's influence and speed she was extracted. If you get in trouble even when 100% innocent and expect Nigerian FG to bail out, your bones would be dust before that happens.

The girl's family is so influential that they were able to pressurize the FG into bringing the matter up when discussing a business deal with Saudi.

Saudi of course would be "reasonable" so as not to jeopardize 100s of millions of dollars on the line.

Case in point - Jamal Khasoggi. The US looked the other way. What's his life compared to billions of dollars Saudi gives annually?.

Tramadol vs Cocaine comparison is as stupid as saying someone tried to steal a stainless steel cup when there was diamond or platinum available.
Valid points. The arrest if those handlers is very convenient, just at the right time. I will not be surprised if they are let off after a few years in prison and well paid. Also if Zainab is not found taking Tramadol after her return. Not not to talk if the whole tribal preference of the FG.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by landsngcom: 1:53pm On May 04, 2019
ifyalways:
The whole story does not add up.

So they used her tag bla.bla on the luggage? Fine
How do they get through immigration checks, get to arrival area and retrieve the bag? How does that happen, anyone ?

You are talking as if airport staff are robots. Are they not human being. You just need 1 to 2 corrupt staff to do this
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 1:58pm On May 04, 2019
landsngcom:

You are talking as if airport staff are robots. Are they not human being. You just need 1 to 2 corrupt staff to do this
I talk as a frequent flyer.

As corrupt as Naija and Kenya airports are, i have never heard or seen a non passenger at arrival area of the airport. There are cameras in most airports especially arrivals, I dont know any airport staff that will risk his job to go pick a luggage from the conveyor belts.

Your rhetorics or theory does not seem realistic to me. This whole story get as e be.

4 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by landsngcom: 2:01pm On May 04, 2019
Deepthoughts:
please can you now explain to us how the drug cartels retrieve the drugs after the luggage is successfully checked out of the destination airport?.

Its not the victim that check out or pick up the luggage since he or she does not know about the luggage since it was just registered in her name without her knowledge.

Things have to work perfectly for a member of the cartel to pick it up at the other end. What if that member is a traveler on same flight as the victim. If the story is true, this is probably a new trend. It would be easier to get luggage out in airports in third-world countries than in developed ones or countries with extremely strong illegal drug laws like Saudi.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by landsngcom: 2:12pm On May 04, 2019
ifyalways:

I talk as a frequent flyer.

As corrupt as Naija and Kenya airports are, i have never heard or seen a non passenger at arrival area of the airport. There are cameras in most airports especially arrivals, I dont know any airport staff that will risk his job to go pick a luggage from the conveyor belts.

Your rhetorics or theory does not seem realistic to me. This whole story get as e be.

You make me laugh. I've traveled to the point that I piled up mileages to book first class from North America to Nigeria. But whether you or I are a frequent flier is not the point here. You are even talkibg about Nigeria airports. Nigeria of all country.

What make you think its an airport staff that will pick the luggage? I suspect its another traveler that is part of the ring.

Since we are not members of the ring or security agents conversant with the crime here, these are all possibilities. But my point is that, the more corrupt a country is, the more likely it can happen with connivance of airport staff. In that same Lagos airport, I have seen uniformed FAAN staff pulled luggages off the conveyer for some so-called VIPs.

4 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by THUNDER4real(m): 2:13pm On May 04, 2019
Built2last:

It's called secure wraps. Usually before you check in your bag, you can do that after security checks

It's in most airports in the world. Most people dont just know
Do we have it in Nigeria Airports?
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by smsk: 2:19pm On May 04, 2019
What some people failed to understand concerning Zainab Aliyu and the other guy's case is that, the drug cartel did not plant the drug in her bag, they simply use her itenery ticket number to check in a bag with her name, because she only have a carry on luggage with her.
 For those familiar with the Saudi Airport knows that even without a Luggage tag one can easily claim a luggage, more also there is not much restriction in the baggage claim area, not only perssengers have access to those sections, and those areas are flooded with Nigerians as if in one of those motor packs in northern Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Investmentfreak: 2:22pm On May 04, 2019
Built2last:

Yea. There are CCTV everywhere bags pass.

The fault is from Nigeria ��
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Originalsly: 2:24pm On May 04, 2019
Benz4pimp:

most of you don’t even understand what really happened,this has nothing to do with Tram or coke!!The drug is not planted in your original luggage,another luggage is registered in your name by the cartel and that is were you have the drugs!!!once the luggage is lucky to bypass immigration in Saudi,there are people ready to pick it up!!!Hope you understand now?what Nigerian immigration has to do was check the time luggage was registered and if there is a security cam,check and pick up whoever did it!!!

Hmmm..... this is more than a suitcase of crap. Does it make sense to you? Drug cartels do send suitcases thru.... but their own... not switched with someone else's.... and they have people to clear and others to pick up at the destination. They never ever hope to be lucky the stuff clears customs....it is supposed to be cleared.

1 Like

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:34pm On May 04, 2019
My brother , the thing self tire me. Not really sought after drugs like cocaine that is worth millions of dollars but ordinary tramadol that is available on Pharmacy shops by prescription over there

rex444:
And all those so called cartel members could do besides planting drugs worth millions of naira was to plant tramadol in a girl bag , a girl who comes from where all sorts of drugs were taken by teenagers to get high....hmmmmmmm don't let others pay for your crime tho
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:36pm On May 04, 2019
How much is tramadol in Saudi Arabia and what is the quantity in her bag?

smsk:
What some people failed to understand concerning Zainab Aliyu and the other guy's case is that, the drug cartel did not plant the drug in her bag, they simply use her itenery ticket number to check in a bag with her name, because she only have a carry on luggage with her.
 For those familiar with the Saudi Airport knows that even without a Luggage tag one can easily claim a luggage, more also there is not much restriction in the baggage claim area, not only perssengers have access to those sections, and those areas are flooded with Nigerians as if in one of those motor packs in northern Nigeria.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by ifyalways(f): 2:40pm On May 04, 2019
landsngcom:

You make me laugh. I've traveled to the point that I piled up mileages to book first class from North America to Nigeria. But whether you or I are a frequent flier is not the point here. You are even talkibg about Nigeria airports. Nigeria of all country.

What make you think its an airport staff that will pick the luggage? I suspect its another traveler that is part of the ring.

Since we are not members of the ring or security agents conversant with the crime here, these are all possibilities. But my point is that, the more corrupt a country is, the more likely it can happen with connivance of airport staff. In that same Lagos airport, I have seen uniformed FAAN staff pulled luggages off the conveyer for some so-called VIPs.
Hmmmn
So when you pick your luggage at Nigerian airport you just zoom off? No one checks your tags and luggage to see that it corresponds?

Interesting , coming from a frequent flyer.

This did not happen in nigeria, i have never been to Saudi so i cant comment about their airport but generally, arrivals at every airport usually have the tighest scrutiny, security and checks.

4 Likes

Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by rex444(m): 2:40pm On May 04, 2019
ohinoyee:

If saudi Arabia can give a capital punishment to there own citezen, why shud u think they can pardon a foreigner just because of a business deal......please receive brain
ok noted
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by rex444(m): 2:41pm On May 04, 2019
iamjavadem:
Mumu, do u know how much tramadol is sold in other countries?
but you mustn't call me mumu to state your fact .....please enlighten me, seems you know how much drugs sell ..
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 2:42pm On May 04, 2019
etrange:
Wow... but why would those drug pushers plant Tramadol in a girl's bag? Tramadol of all drugs? It does not make sense at all. Boys and girls use Tramadol here everyday and it wouldn't be a surprise if the beautiful lady mindlessly took some abroad. I just hope no one is being accused wrongly here; that would be unbearable painful.
Tramadol in Saudi Arabia is just like cocaine
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 2:43pm On May 04, 2019
jaxxy:

People saying her family this and that. Do u know her family? Do u also know they used Twitter retweet’s and social media to get attention when the authorities weren’t responding to them? Do u not think the recent execution of a Nigerian lady weeks back help to sensitize her own case?

We just like to assume a certain norm because it has negatively become popular with Nigeria means it’s always the case in every situation.
we've been using the same Twitter retweets and social media to try and pressurise the government into taking action against the excesses of SARS and nothing has been done about it. The speed they responded to this one makes this suspicious. Besides, people don't export tramadol when it can be gotten. they go for drugs more difficult to obtain, such as cocaine
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by kmaster007: 2:57pm On May 04, 2019
maybe nah Ghana must go someone need to carry wen traveling
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 3:09pm On May 04, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

we've been using the same Twitter retweets and social media to try and pressurise the government into taking action against the excesses of SARS and nothing has been done about it. The speed they responded to this one makes this suspicious. Besides, people don't export tramadol when it can be gotten. they go for drugs more difficult to obtain, such as cocaine

Did u read my whole post? The execution of a Nigerian lady weeks b4 added to the sentiments and sensitivity of the matter. There is really nothing suspicious here.

SARS issue isn’t as direct as this. It will take serious reforms and laws.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by dehi: 3:10pm On May 04, 2019
Those goats and idiots doing these things are supposed to be flushed out of Nigeria airports. How can you register a luggage in somebody's name who never own that document without being noticed by the system.
Nigeria is dead oooooo
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 04, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmm..... this is more than a suitcase of crap. Does it make sense to you? Drug cartels do send suitcases thru.... but their own... not switched with someone else's.... and they have people to clear and others to pick up at the destination. They never ever hope to be lucky the stuff clears customs....it is supposed to be cleared.
it thus make sense to me,if you have ever had a fam in such trouble,you would know carrels will do anything just to bypass immigration
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Cadec007(m): 3:29pm On May 04, 2019
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I am sorry to say this, but the rich gal's family likely got away with framing the luggage handlers.

Comparing the cost of Cocaine vs Tramadol is the first indicator.

The 2nd is ... the Family's influence and speed she was extracted. If you get in trouble even when 100% innocent and expect Nigerian FG to bail out, your bones would be dust before that happens.

The girl's family is so influential that they were able to pressurize the FG into bringing the matter up when discussing a business deal with Saudi.

Saudi of course would be "reasonable" so as not to jeopardize 100s of millions of dollars on the line.

Case in point - Jamal Khasoggi. The US looked the other way. What's his life compared to billions of dollars Saudi gives annually?.

Tramadol vs Cocaine comparison is as stupid as saying someone tried to steal a stainless steel cup when there was diamond or platinum available.
i get your point bro.......

This probes what i have been saying, northern children commit crime far more than the south or west but because they are more influential they get away with it 90% of the time....
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Originalsly: 3:29pm On May 04, 2019
Benz4pimp:

it thus make sense to me,if you have ever had a fam in such trouble,you would know carrels will do anything just to bypass immigration

Hmmm.... you're talking regular get rich quick guys.... not the same as cartels.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by saintneo(m): 3:44pm On May 04, 2019
Built2last:

Its kot easy to open these seals and get same type between check in and boarding. You will know if your seal is removed.

Those are the type I used. But I still believe a group can open and re-seal a bag.
Re: How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) by Nobody: 3:49pm On May 04, 2019
Originalsly:

Hmmm.... you're talking regular get rich quick guys.... not the same as cartels.
call them any name but they do have a network

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / See The Chinese Bullet Trains That Can Travel Betw. Lagos & Abuja & Back In 5hrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.