Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,209 members, 7,815,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match (32503 Views)

Chelsea Boss Exposes Secret Lesson He Learnt From EPL After Trashing Huddersfied / Proud Chelsea Fan Gives Birth To Twins During Champions League Match. Photos / 5 Things We Learnt From Our Victory Over Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by ClintonNzedimma(m): 12:49pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:

How can Messi be the player of the tournament when he was blown and roasted? At best, he would win the Golden Boot and that settles it. Do you really know the criteria for being the player of a tournament? How do you guys watch football
you have a point but balondor is his to loose now
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 08, 2019
naturalwaves:

Was that why Barcelonia lost? undecided undecided undecided
Oga, go and sit down and mourn your loss sensibly. Liverpool was better than Barcelonia in all areas of the game..................even in the first leg, Liverpool played far far better but were not just so clinical.

There is absolutely no point stating the obvious. Liverpool is not the only team better than Barcelona. Man City, Juventus, PSG, Ajax and Tottenham are all better than Barcelona to me. The point is that the loss does not detract from the fact that Messi is the GOAT. Messi is the difference in Barcelona now but sadly, football is not like basket ball where one good man can make the difference.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:54pm On May 08, 2019
internationalman:

yeah Ronaldo lost out bcoz probably it's a World Cup year..

but nevertheless I still see a Messi as the front runner though, not a stroll in the park now that they have been eliminated
Ronaldo did not lose out because it is a world cup year, he lost because he was cheated.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 08, 2019
Akuruoulo:

this not also a good reason Barcelona sacrificed the goat to Liverpool.
my Ronaldo makes it impossible for defenders to mark him.

Lol. I don't even understand your point
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2019
internationalman:

yeah Ronaldo lost out bcoz probably it's a World Cup year..

but nevertheless I still see a Messi as the front runner though, not a stroll in the park now that they have been eliminated
which world cup year 2010 when Messi won it was it not a world cup year...even wen Schneider and xavi had done enough to win...a Messi who did not score won..it's individual award...last award Ronaldo ought to have won...so to balance equation pple like dijk shd win it...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by jaxxy(m): 12:58pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

Has Ronaldo ever been marked like Messi in the photo below?

Never assume u have won the 2nd leg no matter wat. This is football and anything can happen.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 12:58pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

There is absolutely no point stating the obvious. Liverpool is not the only team better than Barcelona. Man City, Juventus, PSG, Ajax and Tottenham are all better than Barcelona to me. The point is that the loss does not detract from the fact that Messi is the GOAT. Messi is the difference in Barcelona now but sadly, football is not like basket ball where one good man can make the difference.
So, why were you bringing up the picture as though you wanted to justify that it was the way he was marked that made Barcelonia lose the game..........He played absolutely rubbish aside 1-2 shots and maybe 1 or 2 passes during the attack.........he was handicapped and irrelevant in the scheme of things yesterday. GOAT indeed that lacks inspiration...go and read about all the acclaimed GOATS........Pele, Maradona and the likes, even C Ronaldo...........they inspire when the chips are down! and that is a characteristic your diminutive goat lacks.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by cr7lomo: 12:58pm On May 08, 2019
henrixx:
I disagree. Wasn't he there v Ajax? If not Messi who can do it for Barcelona?

At Madrid there was marcelo, there was RAMOS, there was carvajal, there was BALE. these players could stand up when Madrid were down. Ronaldo mostly did it when there was no pressure. 2 finals v atletico where was Ronaldo, v Liverpool where was Ronaldo. The players around you matter. At juve now they don't have such players who can stand up and that's why juve lost. There was no Costa, no chiellini, no mandzukic. These are the spirited players that can do it in such times. If Ronaldo and Messi aren't surrounded with spirited players there's nothing they can do

Nonsense talk...when Barca scored 4 past Roma last season, was messi on the score sheet??....when they scored and won atletico 2.1 , a couple of yrs ago....was messi on the score sheet?? When they played Chelsea 2.2, was messi on the score sheet...
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by cr7lomo: 1:03pm On May 08, 2019
ClintonNzedimma:

Regardless of what you say, Messi remains the player of the tournament

U are a dreamer...after being disgraced 4.0...

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 08, 2019
naturalwaves:

So, why were you bringing up the picture as though you wanted to justify that it was the way he was marked that made Barcelonia lose the game..........He played absolutely rubbish aside 1-2 shots and maybe 1 or 2 passes during the attack.........he was handicapped and irrelevant in the scheme of things yesterday. GOAT indeed that lacks inspiration...go and read about all the acclaimed GOATS........Pele, Maradona and the likes, even C Ronaldo...........they inspire when the chips are down! and that is a characteristic your diminutive goat lacks.

I posted the picture in response to a person's comment and not the op's topic. You cannot blame your presumptiousness and inability to follow through a train of thought on me. I still insist that Messi is better than all the aforementioned nevertheless.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 1:04pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

Lol. I don't even understand your point
are u a barca fan ?
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2019
Sanchez01:
LMAO grin
We are arguing el Clasico though.
abeg no vex oh , na too much para cause am

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 08, 2019
Akuruoulo:

are u a barca fan ?

I am not a Barcelona fan. I just supported Barcelona because of the GOAT among them.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:09pm On May 08, 2019
henrixx:
I disagree. Wasn't he there v Ajax? If not Messi who can do it for Barcelona?

[quote author=henrixx post=78210175]At Madrid there was marcelo, there was RAMOS, there was carvajal, there was BALE. these players could stand up when Madrid were down. Ronaldo mostly did it when there was no pressure

Stop watching TV with the back of your head Oga, At Manchester, did it against Chelsea and FC Porto
What did you mean there was no pressure? He murdered Bayern Munich in their prime at Real, did it against ATletico, rescued Madrid from Werder Bremen just to mention but a few.
henrixx:
2 finals v atletico where was Ronaldo, v Liverpool where was Ronaldo
He was in your house I guess undecided Without his exploit enroute finals, would Real have smelled the finals? .
henrixx:
The players around you matter. At juve now they don't have such players who can stand up and that's why juve lost. There was no Costa, no chiellini, no mandzukic. These are the spirited players that can do it in such times. If Ronaldo and Messi aren't surrounded with spirited players there's nothing they can do
Players who can stand up for what exactly? Stop dragging Ronaldo into your miserable loss. Even a mad man knows that when it comes to stading up and delivering in tough moments, Ronaldo and Messi no be mate for that one...Ronaldo is more bankable why Messi fizzles out under the smallest pressure..........Messi is a fantastic player no doubt but Ronaldo no be him mate for this one wey you dey talk.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:12pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

I posted the picture in response to a person's comment and not the op's topic. You cannot blame your presumptiousness and inability to follow through a train of thought on me. I still insist that Messi is better than all the aforementioned nevertheless.
You have the right to your thoughts my dear even without empirical evidence.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Akuruoulo(m): 1:13pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

I am not a Barcelona fan. I just supported Barcelona because of the GOAT among them.

OK let me explain my previous post.
That pained fan posted a picture of messi where 5 players was running after him . and he said Players can't go after Ronaldo like that . but do u know that Ronaldo will never put himself in such danger, CU's he will pass the ball out and do a defense splitting run that will force u to give him a through pass.

No be waiting Ronaldo do against Ajax first leg

my explanation ends here, ND thank God Liverpool have slaughtered the goat barca gave out

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:13pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

Oh. I see!
The picture was irreleveant in the overall scheme of things anyway.................go mourn quietly, this is football, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. No need holding on to strings to justify whatever you feel.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 08, 2019
naturalwaves:

Oh. I see!
The picture was irreleveant in the overall scheme of things anyway.................go mourn quietly, this is football, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. No need holding on to strings to justify whatever you feel.

LMAO. Bro, your critical reasoning skills are poor. No pun intended.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:15pm On May 08, 2019
Akuruoulo:

That pained fan posted a picture of messi where 5 players was running after him . and he said Players can't go after Ronaldo like that . but do u know that Ronaldo will never put himself in such danger, CU's he will pass the ball out and do a defense splitting run that will force u to give him a through pass.

my explanation ends here, ND thank God Liverpool have slaughtered the goat barca gave out
Exactly!
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:16pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

You should rather work on your temperament.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 08, 2019
naturalwaves:

You have the right to your thoughts my dear even without empirical evidence.

Hahaha
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 08, 2019
naturalwaves:

You should rather work on your temperament.

I will bro. Give my comments some thought as well.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:18pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

Your analytical skills are terrible. No pun intended.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:19pm On May 08, 2019
DanXplore:

I will bro. Give my comments some thought as well.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 08, 2019
I want to use Coutinho as a case study.
• The grass isn't always greener on the other side, you may not be happy when you get there. (Coutinho left Liverpool for Barcelona, thinking he would be happier there, but now the criticism has heaped on him, and he doesn't seem to be happy in Barcelona.)
• Don't be in a hurry to succeed. (Coutinho left Liverpool for Barcelona, thinking he would get all the trophies he wished for. Well, so far, he has won the La liga trophy but Liverpool is on the verge of winning a more precious trophy than the la liga.)
• As long as you know you have the potentials, keep on pushing until you achieve your goals. (Liverpool has had it coming for a few seasons running now. They've had the potentials, especially with Coutinho around. They failed on several occasions, but now it seems like it's their time. Unfortunately, Coutinho isn't around to be a partaker. )
• Sometimes, that moment when you give up could be the moment when you're very close to your success. (He left last for Barcelona last season for greener pastures, giving up on Liverpool because of subsequent failures. It's just one season later, and Liverpool will be featuring in the UCL in their second successive final. )

After all these points, tell me why Liverpool won't win the UCL. This forms my basis for predicting Liverpool's success in the final.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by kikuyu1(m): 1:33pm On May 08, 2019
BrainnewsRadio:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/lessons-i-learnt-from-liverpool-vs-barcelona-champions-league-match/

Its better to be underrated! I warned someone about Origi. I was expecting a win on the day maybe 1-0 or 2-1 but GODDAMN!?

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 08, 2019
Akuruoulo:

I try to avoid detailed analysis on both players especially on nairaland because i know alot of people do not play football in real life and as such will not understand why Messi is being referred by most to be the GOAT. It is so funny of you say that Ronaldo will not put himself in position of danger. Incase you do not know, more than half of the time spent by teams practising to play against Barcelona is on how to stop Messi. You could easily confirm that from Arsene Wanger's interview on youtube. This is b3caue he is unpredictable. You can never tell whether he will give a lethal long/short through ball, dribble or score and so a huge chunk of the defence resource is allocated to stop these posibilities.

First of all, we all know that Messi and Ronaldo play different roles. They are both great footballers but then there is a reason why Messi is being compared with Pelle, Maradona and other well known legends while Ronaldo is not. This alone silently speaks volumes. I am not trying to win any arguement as to who is better because i doubt you would be objective in your analysis but here are some facts i will leave you with to judge.

1. Messi plays CF, SS, LWF, RWF, AMF, CMF and free roles. On the other hand, ronaldo plays CF and rarely plays LMF and RWF. This speaks much about versality.

2. Ronaldo is a better CF and attacking LWF than Messi.

3. Messi is by far a better playmaker than Ronaldo. It has been proven severally.
4. Messi is a more acurate long and short range pass maker than Ronaldo.
5. Messi is a better dribbler than Ronaldo.
6. Ronaldo supercedes Messi in jump power, making him a great header. Ronaldo is a better striker.
7. Messi plays the false 9 position. A position that requires only very skillful players. On the other hand, Ronaldo sometimes play the false winger which does not necessarily translate to uncommon skill, but means even though his crosses are good, he is best a striker.
8. Messi is a better free kick taker than Ronaldo.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by kikuyu1(m): 1:35pm On May 08, 2019
BrainnewsRadio:

Read More At: https://www.brainnewsradio.com/lessons-i-learnt-from-liverpool-vs-barcelona-champions-league-match/

Its better to be underrated! I warned someone about Origi. I was expecting a win on the day maybe 1-0 or 2-1 but GODDAMN!? Btw,ter Stegen had a good day or it could even have been 5 if not 6!
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by naturalwaves: 1:36pm On May 08, 2019
Jayhazard:
I want to use Coutinho as a case study.
• The grass isn't always greener on the other side, you may not be happy when you get there. (Coutinho left Liverpool for Barcelona, thinking he would be happier there, but now the criticism has heaped on him, and he doesn't seem to be happy in Barcelona.)
• Don't be in a hurry to succeed. (Coutinho left Liverpool for Barcelona, thinking he would get all the trophies he wished for. Well, so far, he has won the La liga trophy but Liverpool is on the verge of winning a more precious trophy than the la liga.)
• As long as you know you have the potentials, keep on pushing until you achieve your goals. (Liverpool has had it coming for a few seasons running now. They've had the potentials, especially with Coutinho around. They failed on several occasions, but now it seems like it's their time. Unfortunately, Coutinho isn't around to be a partaker. )
• Sometimes, that moment when you give up could be the moment when you're very close to your success. (He left last for Barcelona last season for greener pastures, giving up on Liverpool because of subsequent failures. It's just one season later, and Liverpool will be featuring in the UCL in their second successive final. )

After all these points, tell me why Liverpool won't win the UCL. This forms my basis for predicting Liverpool's success in the final.

There are no golden rules to this sir. On the flip side, Suarez left the same Liverpool for Barcelonia and so far so good, he has been far far more decorated than he would have been if he had remained at Liverpool.
Countinho leaving Liverpool for Barcelonia is just a normal career progression and career progressions should be encouraged.

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by koyeni(m): 1:37pm On May 08, 2019
There's nth like the 'god of soccer', goat et al
All those who refereed to Messi as the king of Kings and Lord of Lords have gone into hiding grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by shoczy(m): 1:43pm On May 08, 2019
Is not until you make 4000 passes and zero assist make you a world-class but when you score an important goal that makes you a hero.
Wijnaldum is far better than jorginho.
Re: Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match by dangervu(m): 1:48pm On May 08, 2019
If Salah had played,Liverpool might have lost ! my opinion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) / Lee Mason Quits As Premier League VAR Referee / Phillipe Coutinho Returns To Liverpool For Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.