Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (7524 Views)

The Peter Obi Network Campaign Movement And Coalition Of Non Indigenes In Labour / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 1:35pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

I read on Quora, an Israeli answering a question about Nigeria. He said Nigeria is the worst place to reside in this world.

He talked about our denial of the truth, voting an incompetence mediocre for a geniuse. A talent needs to pay to be admitted. Look at Anthony Joshua and Anaba. They both beg for opportunity to represent this nation, but no! Except they pay money.

Please I wish this nation be divided, we share different values.
I agree with you BUT if we don't look at the potential we have as a nation, we would think fragmentation is the best that can happen.

Why do we vote in incompetent leaders?
Because we allow the uneducated to decide for us through our disunity. Have you ever seen the voting class in the north?
You'll be sorry for this country!

When we fragment, we e become like Guinea Bissau and Togo: God forbid!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 1:36pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

I'm not against who you people vote for/like or what you stand for... You guys should learn to respect other people's decision, we are different... Let us criticize this government constructively and not base on hate... When an igbo man says something against this government, so many people will think he/she said that cause you guys hate him

When did criticizing a government that one is a stake holder in become a problem? If we pay tax, we have a right to be constructively critical about issues that affects us.

Critics isn't same as hate. Wait... Even if they hate him, they have every right. After killing their children in the name of Python dance, how many people were killed that warrant Military intervention, why haven't they implemented same strategy in Zamfara and the whole of North East?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 1:41pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Hello Sir

I beg to disagree with you here with due respect!
Voting pattern has never been one sided in the west. Except one is not educated...and that is why Tinubu will recon more with the Street Urchins than the intellectuals in winning elections.

Did Yorubas really follow OBJ even though he was one of them?
Read that my comment again. I made mention of two or three strongmen. It is mostly unlikely that all strongmen will agree with one ideology unless it affects their collective existence or interest. In reality, each usually pursue personal agenda so it is impossible to have everybody voting in one direction. It's usually cut almost in half (for two strongmen) as is the case in the SW overall, or two people align to oust the third.

For the Obasanjo part, I can't comment on that but what I read is that the SW tilts in favor of those who are unapologetic about pursing the yoruba agenda while Obasanjo was more of a nationalist.

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 1:43pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

When did criticizing a government that one is a stake holder in become a problem? If we pay tax, we have a right to be constructively critical about issues that affects us.

Critics isn't same as hate. Wait... Even if they hate him, they have every right. After killing their children in the name of Python dance, how many people were killed that warrant Military intervention, why haven't they implemented same strategy in Zamfara and the whole of North East?

Read my last post well, I'm only going to touch the points I didn't make mention of... We can decide to hate or not but not been so childish as insulting everybody that isn't with you.
I'm not pro/against anybody.. Just get my message right.. Someone clearly said pdp birthed APC, why then the sudden hate for anyone in Apt and you expect people not to see things otherwise
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 1:44pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I agree with you BUT if we don't look at the potential we have as a nation, we would think fragmentation is the best that can happen.

Why do we vote in incompetent leaders?
Because we allow the uneducated to decide for us through our disunity. Have you ever seen the voting class in the north?
You'll be sorry for this country!

When we fragment, we e become like Guinea Bissau and Togo: God forbid!

Which Togo? Brother... Small Ghana has more Direct Foreign Investment as we speak. Better road network, steady power and more visa free nations. Why do we have majority of our top officers from the North, when they have the least literacy in Nigeria? Are you going to stop the North from bringing in uneducated personality to head ministries?

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 1:46pm On May 09, 2019
What are the Eboes afraid of Let the SW ,SE and SS slug it out competitively? At the end of the day it would surprise both that the SS would win.

The bottomline is the Yoruba do NOT see the Eboes as a relevant factor to them becoming president. The Eboes HAVE ALWAYS been political competitors so long may that continue.

Let the Eboes stop wailing and come to the pitch to contest.
aribisala0:

You are entitled to your emotions, your pet hates and quirks but not your own facts.

FACTS are VERY STUBBORN

In 1960 at Independence we practised a parliamentary system. No one party had a majority and could only form a government by forming an alliance with any other party
There were 3 major parties
NCNC Azikiwe
NPC Ahmadu Bello/Balewa
Action Group Awolowo
In 1960 Zik went into coalition with Balewa to form the Government
Balewa became the Prime Minister and Zik was Ceremonial President, shortly afterwards Awolowo was sent to Prison in 1962 and the Western Region was split. The Midwest region was carved out of the West (what is today Edo and Delta States) because they were minorities but minorities in the North and Eastern regions were not granted the same privilege
In 1965 again Zik went into coalition with NPC after the elections and the Action group went into opposition
In 1966 the military struck and remained in power till 1979

Again in 1979 after winning the presidential election Shagari's party won only 7 out of 19 states Zik's NPP was strong in the east and Plateau while Awo's UPN was strong in the West and Bendel states.

Shagari had Ekwueme as Vice President and to get control of the National Assembly did a deal with Zik so that Edwin Ume Ezeoke of Zik's NPP became speaker House of Reps
Joe Wayas of NPN from Cross River was Senate President and once again the West was isolated

In 1983 Shagari brought Ojukwu back from exile and he joined NPN

So in all of this what are the facts

When you talk about LICKING THE FOOT OF GAMBARI
who is the expert at this FACTS ARE STUBBORN
When in Nigerian History before Buhari have the YOruba allied with the North. The Yoruba are very content to be in opposition. It is from this same opposition that you accuse them of sabotaging seaports and economic development in the East.

Again you talk of "southerner". WHEN in Nigerian history has there EVER been a south??

In 1993 Did the SE vote for Abiola?

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

The only ONE TIME THERE WAS A SOUTH was in 2011

when Goodluck Jonathan got 2.4 million votes from the SW and Buhari got 250000

The SE have always gone with the so called Gambaris against Yoruba

The SS is split in two SS West of the Niger and SS east of the Niger i.e Bayelsa , Rivers and Cross River they NEVER voted for Awolowo

So no matter your emotions

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

They keep coming back to haunt you

Will the real Gambari slaves please stand up!!

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 1:49pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Read my last post well, I'm only going to touch the points I didn't make mention of... We can decide to hate or not but not been so childish as insulting everybody that isn't with you.
I'm not pro/against anybody.. Just get my message right.. Someone clearly said pdp birthed APC, why then the sudden hate for anyone in Apt and you expect people not to see things otherwise

Look brother, all you life, I've never seen any Nigerian President insulted by any tribe. The West called him unprintable names. Today, we're faced with nick naming a sitting President.

The West set the antecedent. Don't expect it to stop. The South South may not homogeneous in nature, but was pained by those gestures.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Curlieweed: 1:49pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

If you have done your analysis we'll, you will see that we will succeed more because of our market size as a united country than otherwise. Technological development with no market is useless!

There is a gangup against emerging countries technology-wise. A country that would survive must have a large internal market.

We have all the problems above because the intellectuals have allowed the mediocre to rule them in the name of tribal sentiments. We need to strategically think of the way forward.

The EU has a very large common market but it’s made of several countries. You don’t have to be in a single country to have a common market.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 1:52pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Look brother, all you life, I've never seen any Nigerian President insulted by any tribe. The West called him unprintable names. Today, we're faced with nick naming a sitting President.

The West set the antecedent. Don't expect it to stop. The South South may not homogeneous in nature, but was pained by those gestures.
Lol.. Sounds funny.. Last time I checked he and is cabinet called the south west ewedu eating people... Browse that out though
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 1:54pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Then you shouldn't be bothered if the north takes it again. Hope you're not banking on the promise Osinbanjo and Fashola campaigned with.. that voting APC will bring power SW in 2023 cos it doesn't seem like "taking".
Actually We are not bothered check history
What are the Eboes afraid of Let the SW ,SE and SS slug it out competitively? At the end of the day it would surprise both that the SS would win.

The bottomline is the Yoruba do NOT see the Eboes as a relevant factor to them becoming president. The Eboes HAVE ALWAYS been political competitors so long may that continue.

aribisala0:

You are entitled to your emotions, your pet hates and quirks but not your own facts.

FACTS are VERY STUBBORN

In 1960 at Independence we practised a parliamentary system. No one party had a majority and could only form a government by forming an alliance with any other party
There were 3 major parties
NCNC Azikiwe
NPC Ahmadu Bello/Balewa
Action Group Awolowo
In 1960 Zik went into coalition with Balewa to form the Government
Balewa became the Prime Minister and Zik was Ceremonial President, shortly afterwards Awolowo was sent to Prison in 1962 and the Western Region was split. The Midwest region was carved out of the West (what is today Edo and Delta States) because they were minorities but minorities in the North and Eastern regions were not granted the same privilege
In 1965 again Zik went into coalition with NPC after the elections and the Action group went into opposition
In 1966 the military struck and remained in power till 1979

Again in 1979 after winning the presidential election Shagari's party won only 7 out of 19 states Zik's NPP was strong in the east and Plateau while Awo's UPN was strong in the West and Bendel states.

Shagari had Ekwueme as Vice President and to get control of the National Assembly did a deal with Zik so that Edwin Ume Ezeoke of Zik's NPP became speaker House of Reps
Joe Wayas of NPN from Cross River was Senate President and once again the West was isolated

In 1983 Shagari brought Ojukwu back from exile and he joined NPN

So in all of this what are the facts

When you talk about LICKING THE FOOT OF GAMBARI
who is the expert at this FACTS ARE STUBBORN
When in Nigerian History before Buhari have the YOruba allied with the North. The Yoruba are very content to be in opposition. It is from this same opposition that you accuse them of sabotaging seaports and economic development in the East.

Again you talk of "southerner". WHEN in Nigerian history has there EVER been a south??

In 1993 Did the SE vote for Abiola?

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

The only ONE TIME THERE WAS A SOUTH was in 2011

when Goodluck Jonathan got 2.4 million votes from the SW and Buhari got 250000

The SE have always gone with the so called Gambaris against Yoruba

The SS is split in two SS West of the Niger and SS east of the Niger i.e Bayelsa , Rivers and Cross River they NEVER voted for Awolowo

So no matter your emotions

FACTS ARE STUBBORN

They keep coming back to haunt you

Will the real Gambari slaves please stand up!!

Even from opposition you accuse us of sabotaging the ports in the East

Let me summarize your position

If the Yoruba do not support Eboe presidency then let the North have it

in short you know you can never win it.

The reality is there are Yoruba individuals who covet the position but we are with you on the same page because we will not support you.
It will not happen . The only way we will vote an Eboe man for President is if both APC and PDP field an Eboe. That will not happen

It is the North that eventually whether in 2023 or 2031 that will beg us to lead Nigeria. Why? we are making demonstrable progress in governance with Lagos and Ogun.

We are Marching on with the DAWN agenda.
We have ALWAYS been in opposition so that is very familiar territory for us as Papa Awolowo taught. We can do well without the centre

If I am to be honest I really do not believe that a Yoruba President can protect Yoruba interest because of trying to appear nationalistic.

What we need is a regional champion that is local to help regional development and reduce dependence on the centre.

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 1:56pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Lol.. Sounds funny.. Last time I checked he and is cabinet called the south west ewedu eating people... Browse that out though

Please show me.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 2:00pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Please show me.
Please show where THE WEST called him unprintable names

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:04pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Please show where THE WEST called him unprintable names

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 2:08pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Actually We are not bothered check history

Even from opposition you accuse us of sabotaging the ports in the East

Let me summarize your position

If the Yoruba do not support Eboe presidency then let the North have it

in short you know you can never win it.

The reality is there are Yoruba individuals who covet the position but we are with you on the same page because we will not support you.
It will not happen . The only way we will vote an Eboe man for President is if both APC and PDP field an Eboe. That will not happen

It is the North that eventually whether in 2023 or 2031 that will beg us to lead Nigeria. Why? we are making demonstrable progress in governance with Lagos and Ogun.

We are Marching on with the DAWN agenda.
We have ALWAYS been in opposition so that is very familiar territory for us as Papa Awolowo taught. We can do well without the centre

If I am to be honest I really do not believe that a Yoruba President can protect Yoruba interest because of trying to appear nationalistic.

What we need is a regional champion that is local to help regional development and reduce dependence on the centre.
Do you really believe the presidency is in the priority list of the Igbos? I mean the Igbos as a whole, not the handful of political jobbers. When you respond to this question I will come back to address your points

4 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 2:10pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Please show me.
Couldn't fish it out, Jonathan didn't say it himself, it was said by one of his appointees.. I will like to share a thread with you and let you see thing for yourself and let you know we are all the same... Yorubas complained of been marginalised by Jonathan led fog but your people rained insults on us and our elders we can't reap where we did not show forgetting we also voted for Jonathan....

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 2:18pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Which is what it ought to be. The north supports their own no matter what. What happens in the North, stays in the North and it should be thesame with the south. The only time a northerner antagonises another northerner in power, it is to take power for himself and not on behalf of the South... Which, by the way, has only happened during military coups... but your people are just too wise for their own good. After the games everybody go count scores.

By principle, the media appeared to have done their job. So why is thesame resource not in play with all the wrongs happening, even far worse than what GEJ was accused of?

I'm referring to the ever vibrant Yoruba media corporation not the masses

Because North supports their own,, so South should have supported cluelessness? Please dont be carried away with politics.

The same corporate media made use of their channels to do what they did to GEJ just that Buhari have lots of projects to show i most especially in SW.

If you are from SE, please tell me, how did Buhari got more votes in 2019 compared to 2015?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:23pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Couldn't fish it out, Jonathan didn't say it himself, it was said by one of his appointees.. I will like to share a thread with you and let you see thing for yourself and let you know we are all the same... Yorubas complained of been marginalised by Jonathan led fog but your people rained insults on us and our elders we can't reap where we did not show forgetting we also voted for Jonathan....

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

When the PDP zoned the Speakership of the House to the South West it was expected that all members elected on the platform of the Party would be loyal to it. The leadership of the PDP did not know that there was a mole in the PDP. The opposition represented by the defunct ACN and CPC supported you Hon Tambuwal and deceived some Honorable members of the PDP in order to install you Speaker of the House.
It was obvious to all that the intention of the opposition and yourself was to cause disaffection in the polity as your emergence as Speaker disenfranchised the South West.

What was the position of the Igbos in that government?

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 2:24pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

Because North supports their own,, so South should have supported cluelessness? Please dont be carried away with politics.

The same corporate media made use of their channels to do what they did to GEJ just that Buhari have lots of projects to show i most especially in SW.

If you are from SE, please tell me, how did Buhari got more votes in 2019 compared to 2015?
The bolded plus the 2023 ambition is the reason..
Every other thing is just to make up essay. SW was against GEJ because they didn't feel in charge, now that they do, nothing else matters

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:25pm On May 09, 2019
Curlieweed:

Bro, you’re on a quixotic venture. It’s never going to happen. You are just tilting at windmills.

This fvckery has been going on for over 150 years. From colonial records, the Yoruba and Igbo freed slaves in Sierra Leone were already at loggerheads with much the same quarrels you read everyday on this forum.

They should never have been together in one country but the British were never interested in a viable country to start with.
This is like a demonic sponsored enemity if the conclusion is that our coalition can never work due to unforgivness.

If USA can be at peace with Germany, we should also give peace a chance. Even Israel after the Holocaust seem to have forgiven Germany. God can heal any wound!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 2:26pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

When the PDP zoned the Speakership of the House to the South West it was expected that all members elected on the platform of the Party would be loyal to it. The leadership of the PDP did not know that there was a mole in the PDP. The opposition represented by the defunct ACN and CPC supported you Hon Tambuwal and deceived some Honorable members of the PDP in order to install you Speaker of the House.
It was obvious to all that the intention of the opposition and yourself was to cause disaffection in the polity as your emergence as Speaker disenfranchised the South West.

What was the position of the Igbos in that government?
Here we go.. I'm talking about appointments... His cabinet
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:28pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Brother.... Our religious differences are too high. I wish we divide this nation, so many tiny nations are doing well. Libia are 10 million.
Is Libia really doing well technologically?
I understand that problem of religious difference but in situations where we now have some Igbo Muslims (Nwoko Ned) as an example, we may need to think deeper.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:30pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Here we go.. I'm talking about appointments... His cabinet

Agric and Natural Resources (State) Bukar Tijani Borno
Attorney General, Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke Kogi
Aviation Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi Anambra
Defence Bello H. Mohammed Kebbi
Defence (State) Erelu Olusola Obada Osun
Education Ruqayyatu Rufai Jigawa
FCT (State) Olajumoke Akinjide Oyo
Federal Capital Territory Bala Mohammed Bauchi
Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Abia
Finance (State) Yerima Lawal Ngama Yobe
Foreign Affairs Olugbenga Ashiru Ogun
Foreign Affairs (State) Viola Onwuliri Imo
Health Onyebuchi Chukwu Ebonyi
Information Labaran Maku Nasarawa
Communication Technology Mrs. Omobola Johnson Ondo
Interior Comrade Abba Moro Benue
Labour Emeka Wogu Abia
Mines and Steel Development Mohammed Musa Sada Katsina
National Planning Shamsudeen Usman Kano
Niger Delta Affairs Godsday Orubebe Delta
Niger Delta Affairs (State) Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi Niger
Petroleum Diezani Alison-Madueke Bayelsa
Police Affairs Caleb Olubolade Ekiti
Power Chinedu Nebo took over from Bart Nnaji Enugu
Science and Technology Ita Okon Bassey Ewa Akwa Ibom
Sports Yusuf Sulaiman Sokoto
Trade and Investment Olusegun O. Aganga Lagos
Trade and Investment (State) Samuel Ioraer Ortom Benue
Transport Idris A.Umar Gombe
Women Affairs Zainab Maina Adamawa
Works Mike Onolememen Edo
Works (State) Bashir Yugudu Zamfara
Youth Development Bolaji Abdullahi Kwara.

Check your facts next time before saying things just because others are saying that.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:31pm On May 09, 2019
Curlieweed:

The EU has a very large common market but it’s made of several countries. You don’t have to be in a single country to have a common market.
Why not a conferderacy just like the EU?
If we fragment, we wouldn't still be able to relate together as markets for each other
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 2:31pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

The bolded plus the 2023 ambition is the reason..
Every other thing is just to make up essay. SW was against GEJ because they didn't feel in charge, now that they do, nothing else matters

You are only shifting goal post. So the media reporting about the lapses of Buhari government was tactics for 2023 presidency?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:33pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Is Libia really doing well technologically?
I understand that problem of religious difference but in situations where we now have some Igbo Muslims (Nwoko Ned) as an example, we may need to think deeper.

Hahaha hah... Igbos have less than 1% Muslim population in Nigeria. This year was the very first time of seeing Igbo Muslim.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 2:34pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Do you really believe the presidency is in the priority list of the Igbos? I mean the Igbos as a whole, not the handful of political jobbers. When you respond to this question I will come back to address your points
Do you believe the same of the Yoruba?
We have had Obasanjo and it was no benefit so likewise.

It is for bragging rights for the foolish.

However the attitude of the Eboes is wrong and discouragingly they simply do not get it. They do not see why Nigerians have problems with them or their politics and think they will get results with the same approach.

The reality is that the Eboes have ALWAY sided with the North against the SW why then in 2015 did they start talking of South. Was there no South in 1960 1965 1979 1983

In 1993 Eboes voted against Abiola.

How then can Eboes even dream of think to suggest that Yoruba owe them any political fraternity. That is just hyposcrisy of the most shameless variety.
Then in 2011 GEJ got to power and Stella Oduah revealed what is in the mind of Eboes. A person wakes up one day to sack several people of GM level in her ministry and replace them with Eboes. That one act was a brief moment of triumph short term and short sighted but the death knell of any potential trust politically. If some Yoruba were sleeping before they are all wide awake.

The threat that if we Eboes cannot be president let the Hausas rule for ever is amusing.

They cannot rule for ever. Look at what is happening in Zamfara state Kaduna and now Sokoto.They cannot even rule themselves.
Which region is most prepared for a breakup today?

I do not and I am being very honest here see any benefit to a Yoruba man being a president what we want is federal government state police and resource control.and the only thing a Yoruba man should go there to do is to establish that. Apart from that and taunting Eboes on Nairaland grin there is no gain.

2 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 2:34pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Agric and Natural Resources (State) Bukar Tijani Borno
Attorney General, Justice Mohammed Bello Adoke Kogi
Aviation Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi Anambra
Defence Bello H. Mohammed Kebbi
Defence (State) Erelu Olusola Obada Osun
Education Ruqayyatu Rufai Jigawa
FCT (State) Olajumoke Akinjide Oyo
Federal Capital Territory Bala Mohammed Bauchi
Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Abia
Finance (State) Yerima Lawal Ngama Yobe
Foreign Affairs Olugbenga Ashiru Ogun
Foreign Affairs (State) Viola Onwuliri Imo
Health Onyebuchi Chukwu Ebonyi
Information Labaran Maku Nasarawa
Communication Technology Mrs. Omobola Johnson Ondo
Interior Comrade Abba Moro Benue
Labour Emeka Wogu Abia
Mines and Steel Development Mohammed Musa Sada Katsina
National Planning Shamsudeen Usman Kano
Niger Delta Affairs Godsday Orubebe Delta
Niger Delta Affairs (State) Zainab Ibrahim Kuchi Niger
Petroleum Diezani Alison-Madueke Bayelsa
Police Affairs Caleb Olubolade Ekiti
Power Chinedu Nebo took over from Bart Nnaji Enugu
Science and Technology Ita Okon Bassey Ewa Akwa Ibom
Sports Yusuf Sulaiman Sokoto
Trade and Investment Olusegun O. Aganga Lagos
Trade and Investment (State) Samuel Ioraer Ortom Benue
Transport Idris A.Umar Gombe
Women Affairs Zainab Maina Adamawa
Works Mike Onolememen Edo
Works (State) Bashir Yugudu Zamfara
Youth Development Bolaji Abdullahi Kwara.

Check your facts next time before saying things just because others are saying that.
Do you really know much?.... Who doesn't know ministers are chosen from each states... Check his appointments and agencies.. Even Jonathan admitted
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by MorufuAtanda: 2:35pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Towards Igbo-Yoruba Unity and Coalition

I am honestly dismayed by the apparent display of gross "self-centredness" and "myopicness" of Igbos and Yorubas on Nairaland.

The only thing I know is wrong with these two tribes is the Rivalry of who is the greatest tribe between. Both tribes claim sound Education, Intelligence, Commerce, Industry, Exposure and Ability unfortunately, the game of division is making the two tribes "Stupidly Foolish".

The Hausa/Fulani seem to understand this division and hence use it to their own advantage even though they are considered as inferior. They have even come out boldly to announce that 2023 still belong to them and by all common sense, they are correct.

Why can't the Igbos and Yorubas unite for once? In 2023, Tinubu or Oshinbajo would want to be President. A minimum of 27 Igbo politicians would want to be President. The East and West votes would be fragmented. The North usually vote in a block. I think you can see the obvious answer.

My submission.
1. Let the Yorubas forget the presidency for 2023 but let the Igbos nominate about 6-8 candidates for the West to choose whom to support amongst them.
2. Let the East support whoever of the lot the West adopt.
3. Finally, let the coalition work upon the Middle belt and the Minorities in the North.

I honestly think that its high time we had an Igbo president for the progress of this country.
Nothing else will work except this coalition is made to work. Peace.
What do you think?

NB:
If you read this and you are still bent on East-West division, your bigotry, myopicness and stupidity is without cure!

My brother this is a wonderful write up, which I applaud so much. Naturally, the two tribes should be best allies politically (they are already best allies socially) but the spirit of backwardness, rancour and bitterness no go gree dem. It is either yorubas shouting "we will never vote Ibo president', with Ibos claiming they also throw spanner in the wheels of a Yoruba presidential aspiration. Na who dey gain and who dey lose?

The Igbos have mended fences with the SS and both have been voting in the same pattern since 1999, the missing link here is the Yoruba which join the majority south and form a powerful Southern bloc as campaigned for by Bode George and Afenifere in the 2006 southern conference in Enugu, hosted by Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani.

Fight...fight...fight everytime. Shuuu!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:35pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Do you really know much?.... Who doesn't know ministers are chosen from each states... Check his appointments and agencies.. Even Jonathan admitted

Ummm... I don tire for you.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Which Togo? Brother... Small Ghana has more Direct Foreign Investment as we speak. Better road network, steady power and more visa free nations. Why do we have majority of our top officers from the North, when they have the least literacy in Nigeria? Are you going to stop the North from bringing in uneducated personality to head ministries?
The key to technological development isn't about direct foreign investment but about government will and market. Foreign direct investment looks good but it milks a country. Check out MTN in Nigeria. We actually give South Africa more money than we make from the investment. It's not even about the oil but about will to innovate and be self sufficient.

The enormous resources of Nigeria is being mismanaged daily because we southerners wouldn't work together
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 2:36pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

You are only shifting goal post. So the media not reporting about the lapses of Buhari government was tactics for 2023 presidency?
Fixed

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by qleap2all(m): 2:40pm On May 09, 2019
Igbo and yoruba unity? Are they fighting before? Egbirin ote!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fg Will Ensure Nigerian Traders In Ghana Get Justice, Osinbajo Assures / Senate To Probe Money Spent On Refineries’ Maintenance Since 2010 / Ribadu Takes A First Jab At Jonathan----"resign Now, He Says"!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.