Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,826 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (7509 Views)

The Peter Obi Network Campaign Movement And Coalition Of Non Indigenes In Labour / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 5:29pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
If that makes you feel like a real man
lol...reveese psychology doesn't work on people like me, I will call you out for what you are, A poor Yoruba church rat who hides under the anonymity of social media to promote IGBOphobia..........usu!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Daewang: 5:48pm On May 09, 2019
nwadiuko1:
lol...reveese psychology doesn't work on people like me, I will call you out for what you are, A poor Yoruba church rat who hides under the anonymity of social media to promote IGBOphobia..........usu!

grin Nwanne you don finish am.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 5:56pm On May 09, 2019
Daewang:

grin Nwanne you don finish am.
he was trying to be smart by half

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 5:59pm On May 09, 2019
nwadiuko1:
It is not reverse psychology I simple cannot respond to every attention seeker. I made a determination that you do not matter. That may be frustrating to you hence your bile , changes nothing. You are an irrelevance of no consequence

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 6:07pm On May 09, 2019
Curlieweed:

It's a also different scenario. If the Hutus had won after the genocide, there would have been no reconcilliation.
It's no different!
Has the Yorubas won? No!
Has the Igbo's won? No!

What are they even fighting for?

There can be reconciliation if there is life and a future ahead

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 6:10pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Just over 100 years The British used to sell opium to the Chinese their government did not like the harmful effect on its people and banned it. The British declared war. Part of the outcome settlement was that the Chinese ceded Hong Kong to the British for 99 years simply because the British had bigger guns.

The Chinese did not like it and they bided their time they made strategic PLANS with a long term vision and today they are where they are now . So we can make progress too though we are not likely to if we remain together in Nigeria because we are not really clear what being Nigerian means in the same ways as what it means to be Chinese.
That is what some people call the national question.

If some people can wipe out an entire village because of some cows then we need to deal first with the national question. Breaking up is not the solution because you cannot progress if your neighbours do not it is almost impossible

That is not to say we should not or should break up it just will not solve our problems by itself
Our population is a great asset to technological greatness of only we know how to use it to our advantage.

The bigger a population, the easier it is to close the border against the western world who want you to be dependent on them for ever
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 6:24pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Guy what is federal presence? There has been federal absence now for 29 years with Federal presence in Abuja for same period.

Why is Abuja not generating that kind of IGR

It is a fact that in 1999 after 8 years of Federal absence when Tinubu came to power the IGR in Lagos State was 500 million a month today it is 30 billion.
Ask Davido he will confirm it

Federal Presence Well for your information the Nation takes out more that it gives to Lagos . Lagos State is a Net contributor to the Federal account .

What has cashless policy got to do with anything . Your brain is working in a bizarre way. How is that relevant to anything we are discussing here . Next you will remind us of how Rihanna comes shopping in Onitsha market or how Orji Uzor Kanu banks with the World Bank as your brother previously did on Nairaland.

You claim SE seeks independence and yet NOT one of your Houses of Assembly has passed a resolution to that effect. Not one of Your elected federal legislators has raised this in the National Assemble so what evidence is there that you are seeking independence more than anyone? Is it your attempt to forcefully rope in the SS into your failed enterprise.Asari Dokubo has put you jokers in your place.

Tell me is Nnamdi Kanu your representative? Let us start from there

Truly, your words reflect your personality; you see yourself as wise but maybe you think highly of yourself than you should. Bros, cashless policy is one of the index one can premise arguments on IGR. A viable economy will see money flow high and consistent especially in a physical cash oriented market like ours.
What difference will it make to raise an issue that over 80% of the house will shut down? Albeit, you have a point on this, as our greedy politicians are not being sensible enough.
Yorubas don't want a regional gov't too? Why isn't your politicians raising it in the house too?
Guy, you are a hypocrite, big one at that.
Bros, Lagos will definitely be your standpoint and I don't wanna explain somethings to you before you reel out the "Igbos are jealous because of Lagos" cliche. But the truth is that politics is only what keeps Lagos the way it is.
I am a proponent of "depopulate Lagos", send back anyone even my Igbo brothers doing nothing tangible in Lagos and open up seaports, riverports and airports in other regions of the country.
How will Lagos IGR not be much when every Nigerian in SE, SS & SW will have to get to Lagos to either board a flight or ship goods?
Imagine calling people whom you fear jokers?
Bros, the Igbo man isn't roping anyone into our success; the Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria not afraid to stand alone and you still call it political naivety.
Oga, grow up
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by gidgiddy: 6:37pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

What can you deduce about a people who line up behind Nnamdi Kanu

What I can deduce from that is that Yorubas have no sense of self determination, just like their fathers who were chasing an empire all over West Africa.

While other people are talking about their own separate country, all the Yoruba man cares about is what political position he can get inside the "empire of one Nigeria"

Thats why people line up behind Nnamdi Kanu, they are tired of your "empire of one Nigeria"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 6:40pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

But it doesn't mean that peace shouldn't be given a chance. Right now, we need the unity more than ever. The North prefer the West to the East, that is the truth. But, the East cannot be politically relevant by themselves. They need more friends than enemies. Therefore make more friends!

I agree with you.
Honestly, this beef on Yorubas by Igbos is not known to me until I came to the west. The common thought in the east is that, Hausas are the problem, Yorubas are not but the Yorubas are helping the Hausas to become the problem and not what most Yorubas think.
We Igbos like Osinbanjo as a person (the man dey try especially when PMB isn't around safe for times when he lick boots; but he is intellectually and psychologically sound to rule this country) and won't,mind voting him if not for this payback issue. But for me and many other Igbos, I have decided not to vote anymore till I see a better INEC.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 6:40pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Yes, we've been fighting!
Over what?
I don't really know.

And what have the East gained from the fight? Nothing
And what have the West also gained from the fight? Nothing

So, must we continue to fight each other?
Egbon mi, I SEE CLEARLY YOUR INTENT.
Inasmuch as I don't doubt it, I still don't believe it is entirely possible.
Aburo, some people just love this useless fights, they bask in the pride of it. They wanna be the kings of the jungle (both Igbo &Yoruba) while they are not just still British slaves but slaves of the North.
Both Yoruba & Igbo claim they are the brain behind every good thing. Each wanna be the progenitor of every success.
What foolery
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 6:44pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

Egbon mi, I SEE CLEARLY YOUR INTENT.
Inasmuch as I don't doubt it, I still don't believe it is entirely possible.
Aburo, some people just love this useless fights, they bask in the pride of it. They wanna be the kings of the jungle (both Igbo &Yoruba) while they are not just still British slaves but slaves of the North.
Both Yoruba & Igbo claim they are the brain behind every good thing. Each wanna be the progenitor of every success.
What foolery
You've said it all, I hope we wake up from our delusion and self deception!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 6:50pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Our population is a great asset to technological greatness of only we know how to use it to our advantage.

The bigger a population, the easier it is to close the border against the western world who want you to be dependent on them for ever
Not a population of illiterate jihadists. They are a liability

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 6:52pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
It is not reverse psychology I simple cannot respond to every attention seeker. I made a determination that you do not matter. That may be frustrating to you hence your bile changes nothing. You are an irrelevance of no consequence
then why are you replying a person that doesn't matter? are you not confused like this?
If I want to seek attention, trust me it won't be from someone like you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 7:03pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Please stop talking rubbish there is no coalition with the North or coalition against the East

In 2011 GEJ got 2.4 million SW votes and Buhari got 240000 . We never saw that as a coalition AGAINST the north or a coalition with anybody.

We chose what we thought was the best option based on the available information.

If anyone was involved in a coalition against anybody it was GEJ and the Eboes agains the SW after GEJ won the election.
The only difference between the election numbers in the SW is they were not cooked up like in the SE and SS.

At any rate in 2007 SW voted for Yar'adua against Buhari was that a coalition against the North?

In 2015 GEJ had succeeded in squandering his political capital in the SW by depleting the PDP. He jailed Bode George, Harrassed Dimeji Bankole, Drove Oyinlola out of PDP and so by the time election came who was his biggest player in the SW ?? Femi Fani-Kayode.
GEJ was badly advised by the Eboes and his wife and fought against all the Yoruba people in PDP whom he thought were Obasanjo's people and so he was naked in 2015. The fact that he had not extended political patronage to PDP in the region did not help him and so from inheriting, Oyo, Osun,Ogun and Ekiti govs in PDP from Yar'adua he was left with just Fayose whom he installed in the dying minutes come 2015.

How then can we call this a coalitin with the North

Buhari was not aligned with political forces in the north. His party CPC was completely out of sync with that.

Buhari and Tinubu were both opposition elements and their victory was improbable . GEJ made it happen.
The Yoruba have always voted rationally.

Buhari's performance has been disappointing and we have seen the reflection in the results of 2019 election
How then can any sensible person talk about coalition agains the east?
Was GEJ favorable to Yoruba interest?
Did he govern well?

The truth is he did not afterall Yoruba voted him in.

This time Buhari has been disappointing but Atiku did not have the right resources and probably is not the right man for the job. SO do not cast this as any Yoruba vs East story that isn RUBBISH
See your problem? Gej was badly advised by the Igbos? Osogbo weed is really at work.
What did GEJ even do for the east? Nothing! The east gave him support only when it seemed he is being pushed cos he is minority.
Igbos ill advised GEJ, please name Igbos whom were closest allies of GEJ? Okonjo Iweala (from same SS you claim we attach to). When I read how son people reason here I feel bad replying posts here. Same you claim Igbos attach the SS, and will still drag anything related to the SS Igbo.
So, how come you are blaming a MISDEED by an SS man on an Igbo man?

Harassed Dimeji Bankole? A young leader whom had a bright career ahead but went for cheap stones in corruption and here you are mentioning him?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 7:12pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Still greater than the SE. Ogun State IGR alone is close to the entire SE despite all the chest beating

SW IGR less Lagos still greater than SE.

Aba remains dirtiest place in the Milky Way Onitsha 2nd .

i.e The whole Milky Way
Chief Aribisala, you still fell into this trap of mentioning Ogun State?
Oga, without sentiments, for me Ogun State is the worst state currently in Nigeria. Why?
This is a state that enjoys just about anything you can call it, companies, churches and schools from these churches yet has the worst roads in Nigeria.
Aribisala, I bet you, go to Awori lands, Yewa, Ado-Odo/OTA, Akute, Lambe, and some parts of IJEBU lands and you will understand that Ogun state needs a FASHOLA.
Please don't just mention Ogun State here. High IGR But with worst roads than Anambra and owing salarand high even crazy debts, Oga what is the impact on the common ABEOKUTA, IJEBU and Awori man?

4 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 7:17pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

Truly, your words reflect your personality; you see yourself as wise but maybe you think highly of yourself than you should. Bros, cashless policy is one of the index one can premise arguments on IGR. A viable economy will see money flow high and consistent especially in a physical cash oriented market like ours.
What difference will it make to raise an issue that over 80% of the house will shut down? Albeit, you have a point on this, as our greedy politicians are not being sensible enough.
Yorubas don't want a regional gov't too? Why isn't your politicians raising it in the house too?
Guy, you are a hypocrite, big one at that.
Bros, Lagos will definitely be your standpoint and I don't wanna explain somethings to you before you reel out the "Igbos are jealous because of Lagos" cliche. But the truth is that politics is only what keeps Lagos the way it is.
I am a proponent of "depopulate Lagos", send back anyone even my Igbo brothers doing nothing tangible in Lagos and open up seaports, riverports and airports in other regions of the country.
How will Lagos IGR not be much when every Nigerian in SE, SS & SW will have to get to Lagos to either board a flight or ship goods?
Imagine calling people whom you fear jokers?
Bros, the Igbo man isn't roping anyone into our success; the Igbos are the only tribe in Nigeria not afraid to stand alone and you still call it political naivety.
Oga, grow up

Honestly you need to learn how to write in coherent English. This chaotic offering of a troubled mind is an undeserved chastisement.What is my sin? I am no psychiatrist!

Lagos was a protectorate of Britain since the late 19th century well over 100 years ago. It was a prosperous centre of commerce THEN .
This is simply because it is the cheapest port to maintain in Nigeria. That is all. Do not be bitter about this.Do not begrudge the Yoruba the foresight of their ancestors to locate in a land flowing with milk and honey. grin
Your ancestors bequeathed you a land flowing with Akpu& tombo you should thank them too.
This claim that politics keeps Lagos the way it is is hackneyed and tired. Clearly you are young.
The North were never happy with Lagos and as far back as 1975 put in place the Abuja agenda.
Lagos is not even satisfactory to us Yorubas. We know we can do better if we had true resource control

This refrain of open up seaports is quite ignorant. Who closed down seaports anywhere?

The simple truth if you are old enough to know is that Nigeria has been broke for a very long time short of an oil boom that lasted 9 years from 1974-1983 when prices crashed and a short period in 1991 during the 1st gulf war.
The 3rd Mainland bridge was constructed up to Herbert Macaulay and then suspended for years why? No money

We did not build any refineries? why? no money
We did not build any power stations after Egbin completed in the early 80s why? no money.
this for nearly 20 years. No rail nothing. And then there came a windfall of 1991 and it was all plowed into Abuja. No serious Economic infrastructure. No refineries , No railways, No Power station . Everything Abuja. Lagos NEVER received that kind of cash injection.
Is it a country that fails to build all those things that would build seaports?

There is no conspiracy the truth is from 1983 There was very little investment in Lagos except the completion of 3rd Mainland Bridge. The port in Lagos was a cash cow. Money was taken out but nothing put back and so all the roads around it decayed.

How then can you folk be so petty to keep this victimhood alive.
There was a functioning port in PH when Shagari was in power. It ceased functioning simply because the Nigerian economy collapsed in the mid 80s and the Naira plunged. Buhari banned a lot of stuff and Cotonou came to life.

The Nigerian government is not going to build any ports they have not done do since the upgrade of Lagos by Gowon under Bamanga Tukur.
There is simply no money
Again there was a slight window under Jonathan when we had $100 oil prices what did Odili ,Ibori and Akpabio do?
Akpabio built a grand stadium and Hospital.

Let us tell our selves the truth. The port is Lagos is there and serviving in spite of government not because government supports it.

That port was there throughout the military government and Lagos never exceeded 500 million IGR in a month.
Give credit to Tinubu

The governors of the SS have had the resource to build a port in Akwa Ibom but they mismanaged it. How much did Ibori get convicted of stealing?

Yet you do not like the truth rather you prefer victimhood.

Finally remember from 1979-1983 Alex Ekwueme as Vice President and Ume-Ezeoke Speaker HOR and yet the Yoruba whoo were in opposition were able to conspire to hold back the SS. Is that credible? Was it the Yoruba that held back investment in power,refineries railways and made Babangida spend over $10 billion on Abuja?

The truth is Abuja has been a total waste. If that money had been spent on Lagos it would yield returns 10 fold what returns is Abuja yielding?
It is still being subsidized.

2 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

Chief Aribisala, you still fell into this trap of mentioning Ogun State?
Oga, without sentiments, for me Ogun State is the worst state currently in Nigeria. Why?
This is a state that enjoys just about anything you can call it, companies, churches and schools from these churches yet has the worst roads in Nigeria.
Aribisala, I bet you, go to Awori lands, Yewa, Ado-Odo/OTA, Akute, Lambe, and some parts of IJEBU lands and you will understand that Ogun state needs a FASHOLA.
Please don't just mention Ogun State here. High IGR But with worst roads than Anambra and owing salarand high even crazy debts, Oga what is the impact on the common ABEOKUTA, IJEBU and Awori man?

I been wanting make dey ignore the useless usu... But one moniker like that give am space to rant his bullcrap..
Till nwadiuko came and disused the monkey feeling funky..
Trust the insecure fool..after dropping ..he resume..to reverse psychology..my man follow am up...

The fool don go hide...

Boy go dey abeokuta for him mind he dey London...

I've challenge lots of fool like him..to name one state in Yoruba land .. including Lagos ..but excluding Lagos island..

Which is more advance in terms of every qualification and measurements.. physical..more developed than anystate in southeast south south..

No interest generated federal government oluwole statistics to make em feel funky..
I mean one on what state comparison.

But you won't see them respond..

I'm still waiting for that day..one full blooded afonjas will do that..
Will surprise Nairaland and onlines readers..

Those guys are still living in dark ages...living where awo left them..

Na why the see igbos as huge threat..

Have you work in office with an average Yoruba..xtian I Muslim..
Have you shared accommodation with a Yoruba ..
Or shared compound...

Bros the reality is ....

South unity can never ever work...

If you've not experienced this humans ... You no go understand..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 7:40pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Not a population of illiterate jihadists. They are a liability
Even they could be part of the market
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 7:41pm On May 09, 2019
bounty007:

I been wanting make dey ignore the useless usu... But one moniker like that give am space to rant his bullcrap..
Till nwadiuko came and disused the monkey feeling funky..
Trust the insecure fool..after dropping ..he resume..to reverse psychology..my man follow am up...

The fool don go hide...

Boy go dey abeokuta for him mind he dey London...

I've challenge lots of fool like him..to name one state in Yoruba land .. including Lagos ..but excluding Lagos island..

Which is more advance in terms of every qualification and measurements.. physical..more developed than anystate in southeast south south..

No interest generated federal government oluwole statistics to make em feel funky..
I mean one on what state comparison.

But you won't see them respond..

I'm still waiting for that day..one full blooded afonjas will do that..
Will surprise Nairaland and onlines readers..

Those guys are still living in dark ages...living where awo left them..

Na why the see igbos as huge threat..

Have you work in office with an average Yoruba..xtian I Muslim..
Have you shared accommodation with a Yoruba ..
Or shared compound...

Bros the reality is ....

South unity can never ever work...

If you've not experienced this humans ... You no go understand..

Oga, but I disagree with you as bad people are everywhere.
I work in Yorubaland and it was a Yoruba man who interviewed me and told me to my face he wants me cos I am all he needed in a smart being . I won't say because I have met a bad Yoruba man and say Yorubas are bad.
Btw, I like the dark skin tone of Yoruba women and I'd like to wife one.
Bros, relax your temper.
The notorious kidnapper caught last year is Igbo, should we say all Igbos are kidnappers?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

Oga, but I disagree with you as bad people are everywhere.
I work in Yorubaland and it was a Yoruba man who interviewed me and told me to my face he wants me cos I am all he needed in a smart being . I won't say because I have met a bad Yoruba man and say Yorubas are bad.
Btw, I like the dark skin tone of Yoruba women and I'd like to wife one.
Bros, relax your temper.
The notorious kidnapper caught last year is Igbo, should we say all Igbosu are kidnappers?

You just got to yoruba land...lol

Time will tell... Time will tell.

Good luck with your Yoruba wife...

As for me..

I've seen it all..in Yorubaland..

Hardly a place in the west I've not been...spend 20 years with them...

It's always like that when you come fresh...

History is always a repetition of events.... Somethings can never ever change..

Igbos have theirs...but tribalism envy of another tribe or ethnicity is not an igboman thing.

Tribalism is bad..and if you're not careful...either you lose your igbo nature and go tribal with them ..or you retain on your reset...and get Snitch and hated by them..

No strings on fence

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 7:59pm On May 09, 2019
bounty007:

You just got to yoruba land...lol

Time will tell... Time will tell.

Good luck with your Yoruba wife...

As for me..

I've seen it all..in Yorubaland..

Hardly a place in the west I've not been...spend 20 years with them...

It's always like that when you come fresh...

History is always a repetition of events.... Somethings can never ever change..

Igbos have theirs...but tribalism envy of another tribe or ethnicity is not an igboman thing.

Tribalism is bad..and if you're not careful...either you lose your igbo nature and go tribal with them ..or you retain on your reset...and get Snitch and hated by them..

No strings on fence
Listen to ya buloda remeber how Yolobas starve your people to death during Biafra. We are not ya friends. Remember how Yoloba seized ya money in Banks and gave you twenty pounds. Remember how they s eized ya houses in Ragos . We are not ya friends
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

Listen to ya buloda remeber how Yolobas starve your people to death during Biafra. We are not ya friends. Remember how Yoloba seized ya money in Banks and gave you twenty pounds. Remember how they s eized ya houses in Ragos . We are not ya friends

Forget all this....e no matter in present Nigeria..

Go through you psycho post on this thread... that what matters..

You said the bare truth..about Yoruba and una view about igbos..

No dey change am.

What you wrote there is what the Yoruba tribe wish for igbos...
For igbos ...and other tribe..to bow before Yoruba and acknowledge them as their Superiors..just like una dey bow give hausa Fulani a as una Superiors...

Thas's the only condition the Yoruba wish...that's why the hate others doing great..
Look down with contempt..

You people will keep dreaming till world without end.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 9:10pm On May 09, 2019
bounty007:

Forget all this....e no matter in present Nigeria..

Go through you psycho post on this thread... that what matters..

You said the bare truth..about Yoruba and una view about igbos..

No dey change am.

What you wrote there is what the Yoruba tribe wish for igbos...
For igbos ...and other tribe..to bow before Yoruba and acknowledge them as their Superiors..just like una dey bow give hausa Fulani a as una Superiors...

Thas's the only condition the Yoruba wish...that's why the hate others doing great..
Look down with contempt..

You people will keep dreaming till world without end.

Change what are you mad ?
We are not friends and never will be

Who has been bowing for Hausa Fulani since 1960

Refresh your memory

Go o and refresh your history of all the elections that have ever happened in Nigeria
In 1960 Zik went into coalition with Balewa Awo led Yoruba into opposition

1965 Zik went into coalition with Balewa Awo led Yoruba into opposition

What we want is for you to stay out of our land and you will see action not talk starting next month in Lagos

1979 Zik went into coalition with Shagari Awo led Yoruba into opposition Ekwueme was VP
AND Ume Ezeoke was speaker HOR
1983 AGAIN Zik went into coalition with Shagari Awo led Yoruba into opposition Ekwueme was VP
AND Ume Ezeoke was speaker HOR By this time Ojukwu had returned to join NPN

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 9:11pm On May 09, 2019
YOU are the ones that are Hausa Slaves
They have one emotion for you and that is contempt. They know you are empty barrels.

Ojukwu after all his noise came back in 1983 to join NPN

You keep calling Yoruba slaves but what are the facts

Every single election before 2015 what have you done?

You genuflected

Have you ever been confident enough to go into opposition?

You are the parasites in Nigeria .

Even Ijaw are now spitting on you calling you slaves

Yes if we you will not bow for Yoruba then eff off we are not your equals and never will accept you as that because you are not civilized folk

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 9:23pm On May 09, 2019
It is very sweet to parrot slave slave but Awolowo famously told us

Kaka ki a dobale fun Gambari ki a roju ku.

I will not bother to translate

You folk are the contemptible ones that shamelessly offered first Zik and then Ekwueme and Ume-Ezeoke as dogs to feed at the Gambari table

Yet you have the effrontery to call anyone slave it is disgraceful.

Today you are talking about "south" about "betrayal" where were those ideas in 1960 1965 1979 1983 maybe you think we are as fickle as you are.

After all your years as apprentice the Fulani have made it clear that all you will ever be in their eyes is useful idiots and you imagine you can blackmail Yoruba into supporting your dirty political ambitions.
Funny!!.

After all the Bifula or death chanting you were vainly hoping Obi would become VP . You folk need to make up your minds

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 9:30pm On May 09, 2019
Church rat that cannot feed on quality food, three times a day is coming online to talk about the great IGBO tribe..... meet them for Ibafo, mowe, papa, owode, shagamu, na so so poverty.....
nkita rachapu gi anya

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 9:45pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

Honestly you need to learn how to write in coherent English. This chaotic offering of a troubled mind is an undeserved chastisement.What is my sin? I am no psychiatrist!

Lagos was a protectorate of Britain since the late 19th century well over 100 years ago. It was a prosperous centre of commerce THEN .
This is simply because it is the cheapest port to maintain in Nigeria. That is all. Do not be bitter about this.Do not begrudge the Yoruba the foresight of their ancestors to locate in a land flowing with milk and honey. grin
Your ancestors bequeathed you a land flowing with Akpu& tombo you should thank them too.
This claim that politics keeps Lagos the way it is is hackneyed and tired. Clearly you are young.
The North were never happy with Lagos and as far back as 1975 put in place the Abuja agenda.
Lagos is not even satisfactory to us Yorubas. We know we can do better if we had true resource control

This refrain of open up seaports is quite ignorant. Who closed down seaports anywhere?

The simple truth if you are old enough to know is that Nigeria has been broke for a very long time short of an oil boom that lasted 9 years from 1974-1983 when prices crashed and a short period in 1991 during the 1st gulf war.
The 3rd Mainland bridge was constructed up to Herbert Macaulay and then suspended for years why? No money

We did not build any refineries? why? no money
We did not build any power stations after Egbin completed in the early 80s why? no money.
this for nearly 20 years. No rail nothing. And then there came a windfall of 1991 and it was all plowed into Abuja. No serious Economic infrastructure. No refineries , No railways, No Power station . Everything Abuja. Lagos NEVER received that kind of cash injection.
Is it a country that fails to build all those things that would build seaports?

There is no conspiracy the truth is from 1983 There was very little investment in Lagos except the completion of 3rd Mainland Bridge. The port in Lagos was a cash cow. Money was taken out but nothing put back and so all the roads around it decayed.

How then can you folk be so petty to keep this victimhood alive.
There was a functioning port in PH when Shagari was in power. It ceased functioning simply because the Nigerian economy collapsed in the mid 80s and the Naira plunged. Buhari banned a lot of stuff and Cotonou came to life.

The Nigerian government is not going to build any ports they have not done do since the upgrade of Lagos by Gowon under Bamanga Tukur.
There is simply no money
Again there was a slight window under Jonathan when we had $100 oil prices what did Odili ,Ibori and Akpabio do?
Akpabio built a grand stadium and Hospital.

Let us tell our selves the truth. The port is Lagos is there and serviving in spite of government not because government supports it.

That port was there throughout the military government and Lagos never exceeded 500 million IGR in a month.
Give credit to Tinubu

The governors of the SS have had the resource to build a port in Akwa Ibom but they mismanaged it. How much did Ibori get convicted of stealing?

Yet you do not like the truth rather you prefer victimhood.

Finally remember from 1979-1983 Alex Ekwueme as Vice President and Ume-Ezeoke Speaker HOR and yet the Yoruba whoo were in opposition were able to conspire to hold back the SS. Is that credible? Was it the Yoruba that held back investment in power,refineries railways and made Babangida spend over $10 billion on Abuja?

The truth is Abuja has been a total waste. If that money had been spent on Lagos it would yield returns 10 fold what returns is Abuja yielding?
It is still being subsidized.
Lol!
You are right about my coherence in my write-ups. Sorry, I was at work and was trying to juxtapose lots of ideas in few words.
Anyway, Aribisala Igbos have remained not a servant to the North and that's why the North is so scared of the Igbo man.
Ask yourself, why would the FG leave Sambisa and engage many troops in python dance just cos of Kanu?
(Btw, I like many Igbos are anti-Kanu but we only kept quiet on his rants cause the FG has done enough)
The point here is that the North knows for sure that any little uprising from the east will take a huge toll on the country.
In fact,you've wearied me with your argument which holds no water.
What are we arguing? That Igbos are not nonentities like you opined
I have not argued that Yorubas are great people, but you are here trying to claim Igbos are "wastes".
Bros, check yourself ooooooo!
You need to tone down the hate and lies, it is too much and no matter how much you look down on them, they won't be affected cos you're not GOD
The Hausas has never seen Igbos as slaves but enemies that are clear about their goals and intentions. How are you being viewed?
@ShadeYinka, I hope you are seeing it all? NAIJA would've been a country to behold but personally I have given up on it cos even the common man is so biased and selfish in thought

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 9:53pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

Lol!
You are right about my coherence in my write-ups. Sorry, I was at work and was trying to juxtapose lots of ideas in few words.
Anyway, Aribisala Igbos have remained not a servant to the North and that's why the North is so scared of the Igbo man.
Ask yourself, why would the FG leave Sambisa and engage many troops in python dance just cos of Kanu?
(Btw, I like many Igbos are anti-Kanu but we only kept quiet on his rants cause the FG has done enough)
The point here is that the North knows for sure that any little uprising from the east will take a huge toll on the country.
In fact,you've wearied me with your argument which holds no water.
What are we arguing? That Igbos are not nonentities like you opined
I have not argued that Yorubas are great people, but you are here trying to claim Igbos are "wastes".
Bros, check yourself ooooooo!
You need to tone down the hate, it is too much and no matter how much you look down on them, they won't be affected cos you're not GOD
They are not scared of Eboes just securing the oil and providing deterrent to Niger Delta

This is not about greatness but the refusal of Eboes to move on from 1970 and constantly blaming Yoruba for it.We have had enough and will react very soon
Eboes have been schooled to hate Yoruba and we have ignored it for too long very soon there will be a final solution

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2019
In Nigeria of 1970 if there was one group that was a frien to the Eboe man it was the Yoruba
Awolowo save all the allocation of East Central state during the war and handed it over at the end,he recapitalized ACB but they chose to make the Yoruba their enemy.

The truth is this started even before the war. They jailed Awo. Zik as presiden appointed Eboes all over University of Ibadan. I can go on till next year intead of you to show respect and gratitude to the one people who showed you humanity after the war you fed your children all manner of lies and today we have the result.

You are in for a nasty surprise before the year runs out. You will find out what the Fulani have always known

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by jaycent(m): 10:19pm On May 09, 2019
gidgiddy:

Theres no tribe in Nigeria called "Ibo"
I still dey wonder which one is ibo grin grin
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by MorufuAtanda: 10:27pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Yoruba are not jealous of Eboes. Yoruba are indifferent to them. Deep down we see them as politically disorganized and culturally uncivilized. That is the bitter truth. We prefer to have Regional government. If we do we generally mind our business. Yoruba would not go to Enugu and start looking for how to become Mayor.
So in reality we have greater affinity with the Hausa and Fuani than Eboes politically. We do some other things well together especially crime but not politics. We are parallel lines politicallly and the only way we can operate is if the Eboes accept Yoruba as their leaders which they are too proud to do and yet they have no serious political thinkers.
What can you deduce about a people who line up behind Nnamdi Kanu

My dear Yoruba Muslim brother, I think there will be peace if yorubas accept Igbos as their natural leader, the way Canadians, Polish, Italians, UK, Americans, Vatican are accepting Igbo Diaspora politicians and voting the Igbos to lead them. We Yoruba cannot be wiser than these white men who see Igbos as jewels of leadership and elect them to lead as politicians in Obodo Oyinbo.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by MorufuAtanda: 10:37pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

But I feel that the Yorubas are actually marginalising themselves with their coalition with the north against the east. It simply means that we have made the North the decider of our political future.

If the Hausa/Fulani says they want to retain presidency in 2023 do you have any strategy of stopping them?

We Yoruba can't raise a finger if the North says they want to continue in Aso rock post-2023. If the Yoruba makes too much noise and cry for it. The same northerners will remind yoruba that Obj has taken their turn.
We Yorubas also shout 'power is taken, not given'. Therefore the north has the right to TAKE IT! They have all the cards, so the yoruba should not lament when the north TAKES IT. Afterall power is TAKEN as yorubas claim, and rotational presidency is not backed by constitution.

2023 will be interesting. May Allah keep us alive. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NAF To Provide Low Cost Post-Service Housing For Personnel (Photos) / Bye Bye To You All. I'm Tired Of Life. Let Me Go And Rest / Tinubu Demands Fairness In Bayelsa, Imo, Kogi Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.