Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (7515 Views)

The Peter Obi Network Campaign Movement And Coalition Of Non Indigenes In Labour / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 2:40pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Ummm... I don tire for you.
Lol.. Just check it... No one complains about ministers cause every states will be represented... Look more
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:40pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

The key to technological development isn't about direct foreign investment but about government will and market. Foreign direct investment looks good but it milks a country. Check out MTN in Nigeria. We actually give South Africa more money than we make from the investment. It's not even about the oil but about will to innovate and be self sufficient.

The enormous resources of Nigeria is being mismanaged daily because we southerners
wouldn't work together

A good nation won't allow capital flight. Foreign investment is good, but they should be policies to check them. You can't send out more than $50,000 out of China.

Secondly, our differences is overwhelming us. Population is good in China, but hurts India.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Curlieweed: 2:41pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

This is like a demonic sponsored enemity if the conclusion is that our coalition can never work due to unforgivness.

If USA can be at peace with Germany, we should also give peace a chance. Even Israel after the Holocaust seem to have forgiven Germany. God can heal any wound!

It is instructive that all the examples of "forgiveness" you gave in your comment involve separate countries. Maybe there is a clue there.

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:42pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Read that my comment again. I made mention of two or three strongmen. It is mostly unlikely that all strongmen will agree with one ideology unless it affects their collective existence or interest. In reality, each usually pursue personal agenda so it is impossible to have everybody voting in one direction. It's usually cut almost in half (for two strongmen) as is the case in the SW overall, or two people align to oust the third.

For the Obasanjo part, I can't comment on that but what I read is that the SW tilts in favor of those who are unapologetic about pursing the yoruba agenda while Obasanjo was more of a nationalist.
But apart from Tinubu, who do you consider a strong man in Yoruba politics? It's difficult to say. It is complex a mixture of village politics, religion, coalitions etc. Very complex that is why you wouldn't see a landslide victory for any candidate.

OBJ was a nationalist with hindsight: however, the Yorubas felt he was given too much to the hausas. Of course, it's easier for the Yorubas to support one of their own too unlike in the east when internal competition is too severe than none will step down for his brother.

I know the Igbos are intelligent: they can nominate such to steer this country to the best direction.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 2:43pm On May 09, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

My brother this is a wonderful write up, which I applaud so much. Naturally, the two tribes should be best allies politically (they are already best allies socially) but the spirit of backwardness, rancour and bitterness no go gree dem. It is either yorubas shouting "we will never vote Ibo president', with Ibos claiming they also throw spanner in the wheels of a Yoruba presidential aspiration. Na who dey gain and who dey lose?

The Igbos have mended fences with the SS and both have been voting in the same pattern since 1999, the missing link here is the Yoruba which join the majority south and form a powerful Southern bloc as campaigned for by Bode George and Afenifere in the 2006 southern conference in Enugu, hosted by Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani.

Fight...fight...fight everytime. Shuuu!
Please some creating silly fiction

In 2011 The SW gave GEJ 2.4 million votes and Buhari 250000 votes he came 3rd to Nuhu Ribadu
https://www.reuters.com/article/nigeria-elections-results-idAFLDE73G05B20110418

How did GEJ reward them?

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:44pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Of course there will always be those FOR, AGAINST and NON-COMMITAL but what is the general sentiment?

My point is, we all have differing values and conflicting interests so the union is not working.
Maybe the key is to truthfully itemize our differences and see if it's not because we are rivals and jealous of each other that the problem between us looks insurmountable
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 2:45pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I know the Igbos are intelligent: they can nominate such to steer this country to the best direction.
really

What have they achieved in any of their states?

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:46pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Lol.. Just check it... No one complains about ministers cause every states will be represented... Look more

You said Yorubas weren't fairly represented in his cabinet. They accused of not giving the Yorubas Speakership, but it was hijacked by (Tinubu) ACN Yoruba Lawmakers in the house with Tambuwal. As to control the house via proxy instead of PDP Yoruba candidate.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:46pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

You sound differently, but our definition of power differs in Nigeria.

South defines power as the ability to provide jobs, economics and social welfare.

But the Northern defines it as the ability to suppress others and subject them to his own way of life.
Yes I agree but what is the East's definition of Power. It is certainly not like the northern definition of power.

Until we give peace a chance, we would remain backward!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:47pm On May 09, 2019
Hi
kernel01:

You sound differently, but our definition of power differs in Nigeria.

South defines power as the ability to provide jobs, economics and social welfare.

But the Northern defines it as the ability to suppress others and subject them to his own way of life.
Yes I agree but what is the East's definition of Power. It is certainly not like the northern definition of power.

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 2:50pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

Politicians are not the problem of Nigeria instead we the people. It is more complicated
Of course!
And you can see how emotion is boiling here and few are ready for peace and reconciliation.

Even the Tutsis and the Hutu's are at peace now even after the genocide. Why can we give peace a chance in our generation.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 2:50pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

I'm not against who you people vote for/like or what you stand for... You guys should learn to respect other people's decision, we are different... Let us criticize this government constructively and not base on hate... When an igbo man says something against this government, so many people will think he/she said that cause you guys hate him
Oga Mayor, sorry to say; you are being sentimental here. If you claims critics against PMB what wil, you call that against GEJ?
A man names his dog Buhari and police had to jail him but coffins and goats tagged with Gej was the order of the day in 2015 yet you never called it hate.
I ask you, how can python dance and killed several young men and another python dance 3 is on going but troops will be lacking in places like Zamfara, Benue, Adamawa, Bornu, etc.? Bros, Nigeria is a mad country.
And the problem is you blaming the Igbo man for all these?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 2:51pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

You said Yorubas weren't fairly represented in his cabinet. They accused of not giving the Yorubas Speakership, but it was hijacked by (Tinubu) ACN Yoruba Lawmakers in the house with Tambuwal. As to control the house via proxy instead of PDP Yoruba candidate.
You are still saying the same thing.. I accept all that.. The igbos aren't represented politically presently too... Let's let go of that for now..
Yoruba's voted for GEJ, but his appointments were poor and he accepted.. Everyone knows that.. Stop twisting things.. He favoured some sect just like buhari is doing.. That is Nigeria for you
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by kernel01: 2:51pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:
Hi

Brother... The truth is that we don't share same ideology.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Maybe the key is to truthfully itemize our differences and see if it's not because we are rivals and jealous of each other that the problem between us looks insurmountable
Yoruba are not jealous of Eboes. Yoruba are indifferent to them. Deep down we see them as politically disorganized and culturally uncivilized. That is the bitter truth. We prefer to have Regional government. If we do we generally mind our business. Yoruba would not go to Enugu and start looking for how to become Mayor.
So in reality we have greater affinity with the Hausa and Fuani than Eboes politically. We do some other things well together especially crime but not politics. We are parallel lines politicallly and the only way we can operate is if the Eboes accept Yoruba as their leaders which they are too proud to do and yet they have no serious political thinkers.
What can you deduce about a people who line up behind Nnamdi Kanu

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 2:53pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

Oga Mayor, sorry to say; you are being sentimental here. If you claims critics against PMB what wil, you call that against GEJ?
A man names his dog Buhari and police had to jail him but coffins and goats tagged with Gej was the order of the day in 2015 yet you never called it hate.
I ask you, how can python dance and killed several young men and another python dance 3 is on going but troops will be lacking in places like Zamfara, Benue, Adamawa, Bornu, etc.? Bros, Nigeria is a mad country.
And the problem is you blaming the Igbo man for all these?
I'm sorry if you misunderstood all I stated.. I'm in support of no one and I'm blaming everyone.. My post was aimed at someone blaming Yoruba's for everything, I'm only letting him see things the way they are

2 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Donelli: 2:56pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Who shall we send, and who will go for us?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 3:05pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
What are the Eboes afraid of Let the SW ,SE and SS slug it out competitively? At the end of the day it would surprise both that the SS would win.

The bottomline is the Yoruba do NOT see the Eboes as a relevant factor to them becoming president. The Eboes HAVE ALWAYS been political competitors so long may that continue.

Let the Eboes stop wailing and come to the pitch to contest.
One problem with the South is this, no one wants to accept their wrongs.
@Shadeyinka, you see why people doubt the feasibility of a United South?
Aribisala here is twisting and hiding facts to justify himself.
I ask him,
1) How do you mean by Balewa and Zik forming a gov't as a coalition?
2) Are the Yorubas not more entangled to the Hausas than the Igbos like you claim? Apart from Zik (whom the Igbos never really trusted well), which other Igbo man had strong ties like AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, etc.?
It is a fact that the Hausa prefers to deal with the Yoruba more cause an Igbo man will never spend 4yrs in power without causing trouble by stopping the current political pattern. The kind of loyalty Osinbanjo shows PMB, I can count few Igbos who will accept PMB's excesses.
3) Taunting Igbos and thinking you're the most ready region for a break up? Bros, think twice;the only region brought to its knees by the war and without the whole intervention of North East devt commission and other reconciliatory programs, built up itself in a country hostile to it till date. Bros, don't brag it cos you haven't got it all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by googi: 3:06pm On May 09, 2019
At some point most Nigerians have to accept that this unitary system has failed. We need to go back to at least 6 regional areas.

Instead of Southerners to accept that Northerners have outsmarted them at every rule they have promulgated like the unitary system, they keep blaming one another.

You cannot change the rule in the middle or end of the game to win.

Let everyone go back to their tents and show us what they are capable of. Don't blame your failure on others.

The worst mistake Awolowo made was coming to the Federal. The West has gone backwards since.

If you developed your region, investment and talents would be on the que to come in. It is then up to you to determine which you want.

Stay in your lane make I pass.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 3:08pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Of course!
And you can see how emotion is boiling here and few are ready for peace and reconciliation.

Even the Tutsis and the Hutu's are at peace now even after the genocide. Why can we give peace a chance in our generation.

There can never be real unity.. Do you know why?

Different regions were fed with different versions of what transpired during the civil war .

After pains, there must be healings.. Is there any in the case of the civil war?

We should stop pretending as if it was nothing..

Those that are victims still nursing the pains as if it happened yesterday.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by MorufuAtanda: 3:08pm On May 09, 2019
Mayor08:

Lol.. Sounds funny.. Last time I checked he and is cabinet called the south west ewedu eating people... Browse that out though

When did happen Abeg? Why all these fallacious propaganda?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 3:13pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Yoruba are not jealous of Eboes. Yoruba are indifferent to them. Deep down we see them as politically disorganized and culturally uncivilized. That is the bitter truth. We prefer to have Regional government. If we do we generally mind our business. Yoruba would not go to Enugu and start looking for how to become Mayor.
So in reality we have greater affinity with the Hausa and Fuani than Eboes politically. We do some other things well together especially crime but not politics. We are parallel lines politicallly and the only way we can operate is if the Eboes accept Yoruba as their leaders which they are too proud to do and yet they have no serious political thinkers.
What can you deduce about a people who line up behind Nnamdi Kanu
@Shadeyinka, this is what you see from Nigeria.
You see the second to last statement is what a normal Igbo man won't even accept from his king.
The Igbo man do not accept the supremacy of any being over another.. Now, if the Igbo man accepts the Yorubas are the Igbo man's leaders, the North will also claim leadership over the Yorubas?
@Shadeyinka, what is the rationale behind stopping people from voting a candidate of their choice? How can a sane man see that as not respecting the will of the indigenes? See from Aribisala's words, what the problem is; you dont see the Igbos as relevant and want them to be led by you? Aribisala, Igbos don't allow even their kings to become autocratic talk more anyone having leadership over them.
. Aribisala claiming Igbos align more to the North now claiming Yoruba has more political affinity to the Hausas than the Igbos.
Is this not confusion?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 3:19pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

One problem with the South is this, no one wants to accept their wrongs.
@Shadeyinka, you see why people doubt the feasibility of a United South?
Aribisala here is twisting and hiding facts to justify himself.
I ask him,
1) How do you mean by Balewa and Zik forming a gov't as a coalition?
2) Are the Yorubas not more entangled to the Hausas than the Igbos like you claim? Apart from Zik (whom the Igbos never really trusted well), which other Igbo man had strong ties like AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, etc.?
It is a fact that the Hausa prefers to deal with the Yoruba more cause an Igbo man will never spend 4yrs in power without causing trouble by stopping the current political pattern. The kind of loyalty Osinbanjo shows PMB, I can count few Igbos who will accept PMB's excesses.
3) Taunting Igbos and thinking you're the most ready region for a break up? Bros, think twice;the only region brought to its knees by the war and without the whole intervention of North East devt commission and other reconciliatory programs, built up itself in a country hostile to it till date. Bros, don't brag it cos you haven't got it all.

What strong tie did Awolowo have

Was Ekwueme a Yoruba man?

Was Edwin Ume Eze-Oke a Yoruba man

If you are too young ask your elders

Awolowo politically ALWAYS was in opposition

In 1979 Shagari NPN had Ekwueme as VP and did a deal with NPP to give them Speaker HOR and the same thing played out in 1983

In 1983 he pardoned Ojukwu and brought him back from Core d'Ivoire to join NPN

Tell us the most senior Yoruba man in Shagari's government
If you feel taunted ,sorry. The truth is that from day one the Eboes were never friends of the Yoruba and have ALWAYS sought to be in central government at the expense of Yoruba to the extent that in 1962 Awolowo was jailed and the MidWest was carved out of the West while the East was left intact.

After the civil war instead of moving on you poisoned the minds of your children against Yorubas and you are hear talking ribbush and ninsuns.

If you are sincere is the issue about becoming President? to so some extent it is because it would mean changing the constitution by force if necessary which would be a coup of sorts. Nigerian will not tolerate that from an Eboe man and so any Eboe man going there would have to continue the status quo. It will be a waste as far as Yoruba interest is concerned

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 3:27pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
really

What have they achieved in any of their states?
I can bet you to a debate here that Igbo states aside Abia are doing considerable well .
Bros, I live in Ogun State currently since 9yrs and I am from Anambra and I have been pleading to my company to even move me to Osogbo if they insist I will be in SW.
Ogun is one of the riches states in Nigeria but with about the worst roads in Nigeria.
Bros, which states are owing more salaries and debts?
Aside Lagos, what have your states achieved?
This isn't to say the SE is doing better than SW ooooooo! But this man's problem is claiming a fundamental problem with Nigerian states are peculiar only to the Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 3:30pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

I can bet you to a debate here that Igbo states aside Abia are doing considerable well .
Bros, I live in Ogun State currently since 9yrs and I am from Anambra and I have been pleading to my company to even move me to Osogbo if they insist I will be in SW.
Ogun is one of the riches states in Nigeria but with about the worst roads in Nigeria.
Bros, which states are owing more salaries and debts?
Aside Lagos, what have your states achieved?
This isn't to say the SE is doing better than SW ooooooo! But this man's problem is claiming a fundamental problem with Nigerian states are peculiar only to the Igbos
Nigeria may not be great but the SW is greater than the SE. Do not deceive yourself.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 3:39pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

What strong tie did Awolowo have

Was Ekwueme a Yoruba man?

Was Edwin Ume Eze-Oke a Yoruba man

If you are too young ask your elders

Awolowo politically ALWAYS was in opposition

In 1979 Shagari NPN had Ekwueme as VP and did a deal with NPP to give them Speaker HOR and the same thing played out in 1983

In 1983 he pardoned Ojukwu and brought him back from Core d'Ivoire to join NPN

Tell us the most senior Yoruba man in Shagari's government
If you feel taunted ,sorry. The truth is that from day one the Eboes were never friends of the Yoruba and have ALWAYS sought to be in central government at the expense of Yoruba to the extent that in 1962 Awolowo was jailed and the MidWest was carved out of the West while the East was left intact.

After the civil war instead of moving on you poisoned the minds of your children against Yorubas and you are hear talking ribbush and ninsuns.

If you are sincere is the issue about becoming President? to so some extent it is because it would mean changing the constitution by force if necessary which would be a coup of sorts. Nigerian will not tolerate that from an Eboe man and so any Eboe man going there would have to continue the status quo. It will be a waste as far as Yoruba interest is concerned

"The truth is that from day one the Eboes were never friends of the Yoruba and have ALWAYS sought to be in central government at the expense of Yoruba to the extent that in 1962 Awolowo was jailed and the MidWest was carved out of the West while the East was left intact."
Like I said, "YOU feed yourself with lies. Go and listen to the interview with Sara'duana (Balewa) the North has always seen the Igbos as "NOT FRIENDS". Even prefers Lebanese to an Igbos just thinking wrongly that Igbos are domineering.
And my concern with your statement is for others to understand your scope of reasoning: the Igbo man is daunting and will change the constitution by all means (either balkanising Nigeria or a implememnoting a federating system) which you don't want.
THE TRUTH IS THAT NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE WHERE THE MAJOR TRIBES ARE FEEDING OFF THE MINORITIES "BY FUSS" AND ANY REVOLT BY THE MINORITIES WILL MEET HOSTILITIES.
@SHADEYINKA, the bolded above is just the truth and the unity between 2 or more parts of this country will always be frustrated by greedy folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 3:46pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

"The truth is that from day one the Eboes were never friends of the Yoruba and have ALWAYS sought to be in central government at the expense of Yoruba to the extent that in 1962 Awolowo was jailed and the MidWest was carved out of the West while the East was left intact."
Like I said, "YOU feed yourself with lies. Go and listen to the interview with Sara'duana (Balewa) the North has always seen the Igbos as "NOT FRIENDS". Even prefers Lebanese to an Igbos just thinking wrongly that Igbos are domineering.
And my concern with your statement is for others to understand your scope of reasoning: the Igbo man is daunting and will change the constitution by all means (either balkanising Nigeria or a implememnoting a federating system) which you don't want.
THE TRUTH IS THAT NIGERIA IS A JUNGLE WHERE THE MAJOR TRIBES ARE FEEDING OFF THE MINORITIES "BY FUSS" AND ANY REVOLT BY THE MINORITIES WILL MEET HOSTILITIES.
@SHADEYINKA, the bolded above is just the truth and the unity between 2 or more parts of this country will always be frustrated by greedy folks.

As usual you specialize in lies and distortion. What has Sardauna's statement got to do with what I said. We are talking political arrangements and you are talking Lebanese. Did the Sardauna talk about bringing in Lebanese people into government?

Yes the constitution needs changing even by fiat. But no one will accept it being done by an Eboe.That is the bitter truth.
You guys lack tact and diplomacy and would only end up plunging the country into crisis

When you say we don't want that this is another of the falsehoods you keep feeding yourselves. So it is you that want resource control more? The data is there of all the regions in Nigeria The SE is the most dependent on revenues from oil with the lowest IGR the data is there. THE SE is the biggest parasite so stop this SS/SE attachment

Yes
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Mayor08: 4:01pm On May 09, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

When did happen Abeg? Why all these fallacious propaganda?
Not fallacy bro, just can't remember where I saw it...it was from one appointees
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:04pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Hahaha hah... Igbos have less than 1% Muslim population in Nigeria. This year was the very first time of seeing Igbo Muslim.
My issue is this.
Is there one developed countries that have such a massive tribal differences such as we have in Nigeria?

If there is none, we had better learn to live together as friends
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Nazzysca: 4:06pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

As usual you specialize in lies and distortion. What has Sardauna's statement got to do with what I said. We are talking political arrangements and you are talking Lebanese. Did the Sardauna talk about bringing in Lebanese people into government?

Yes the constitution needs changing even by fiat. But no one will accept it being done by an Eboe.That is the bitter truth.
You guys lack tact and diplomacy and would only end up plunging the country into crisis

When you say we don't want that this is another of the falsehoods you keep feeding yourselves. So it is you that want resource control more? The data is there of all the regions in Nigeria The SE is the most dependent on revenues from oil with the lowest IGR the data is there. THE SE is the biggest parasite so stop this SS/SE attachment

Yes
We lack tact, I agree. You are king Solomon and an all knowing being, what difference have you made?
You claim you're wise yet ruled by people whom you're wiser than. What's that?
Bros, SW is large in revenue by means of Lagos and federal presence. When the cashless policy was enacted, which states did it start from first?
Parasites I agree but your the world bank of Nigeria. Why are your states owing salaries?
Rather than solving your proble,s, you are more interested in supremacy over another being.
Bros, does it matter whether you are richer? The point is that I am happy for all I have achieved for myself.
Bros, the SE seeks its independence cos it knows it will do better.
As per Sar'duana's speech, it has everything to do with this.
In fact, you only reek of sentiments and not facts

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:09pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Of course there will always be those FOR, AGAINST and NON-COMMITAL but what is the general sentiment?

My point is, we all have differing values and conflicting interests so the union is not working.
The power of the social media is great. Sometimes ago in Nigeria, people like Bobrisky would have been stoned to death or burnt with tires round their neck. But watch now! Bobrisky is a celebrity.

If the information is brandished enough time and with sincerity, the curse of enemity should break and Nigeria shall work as a solid unit
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:14pm On May 09, 2019
MorufuAtanda:

My brother this is a wonderful write up, which I applaud so much. Naturally, the two tribes should be best allies politically (they are already best allies socially) but the spirit of backwardness, rancour and bitterness no go gree dem. It is either yorubas shouting "we will never vote Ibo president', with Ibos claiming they also throw spanner in the wheels of a Yoruba presidential aspiration. Na who dey gain and who dey lose?

The Igbos have mended fences with the SS and both have been voting in the same pattern since 1999, the missing link here is the Yoruba which join the majority south and form a powerful Southern bloc as campaigned for by Bode George and Afenifere in the 2006 southern conference in Enugu, hosted by Gov. Chimaroke Nnamani.

Fight...fight...fight everytime. Shuuu!
Thank you so much for the encouraging post. Unfortunately, none of the die hard self appointed enemies have been able to itemize their gain from the inherited fight.

If young people cannot think above their emotions, I pity the kind of leaders we'll have tomorrow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Breaking: Man Falls 3500ft From Plane And Scatter- Photos / Senators, Reps Consider Tinubu’s ₦‎27.5 Trillion Budget Without Details / Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab Faces Six Count Charges! ! !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.