Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (7507 Views)

The Peter Obi Network Campaign Movement And Coalition Of Non Indigenes In Labour / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO / MURIC Activities Will Distroy Yoruba Unity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 4:16pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

We lack tact, I agree. You are king Solomon and an all knowing being, what difference have you made?
You claim you're wise yet ruled by people whom you're wiser than. What's that?
Bros, SW is large in revenue by means of Lagos and federal presence. When the cashless policy was enacted, which states did it start from first?
Parasites I agree but your the world bank of Nigeria. Why are your states owing salaries?
Rather than solving your proble,s, you are more interested in supremacy over another being.
Bros, does it matter whether you are richer? The point is that I am happy for all I have achieved for myself.
Bros, the SE seeks its independence cos it knows it will do better.
As per Sar'duana's speech, it has everything to do with this.
In fact, you only reek of sentiments and not facts
Guy what is federal presence? There has been federal absence now for 29 years with Federal presence in Abuja for same period.

Why is Abuja not generating that kind of IGR

It is a fact that in 1999 after 8 years of Federal absence when Tinubu came to power the IGR in Lagos State was 500 million a month today it is 30 billion.
Ask Davido he will confirm it

Federal Presence Well for your information the Nation takes out more that it gives to Lagos . Lagos State is a Net contributor to the Federal account .

What has cashless policy got to do with anything . Your brain is working in a bizarre way. How is that relevant to anything we are discussing here . Next you will remind us of how Rihanna comes shopping in Onitsha market or how Orji Uzor Kanu banks with the World Bank as your brother previously did on Nairaland.

You claim SE seeks independence and yet NOT one of your Houses of Assembly has passed a resolution to that effect. Not one of Your elected federal legislators has raised this in the National Assemble so what evidence is there that you are seeking independence more than anyone? Is it your attempt to forcefully rope in the SS into your failed enterprise.Asari Dokubo has put you jokers in your place.

Tell me is Nnamdi Kanu your representative? Let us start from there

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:18pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

A good nation won't allow capital flight. Foreign investment is good, but they should be policies to check them. You can't send out more than $50,000 out of China.

Secondly, our differences is overwhelming us. Population is good in China, but hurts India.
It doesn't work like that in international businesses!
Do you know how much dollars Shell and Mobil pay as tax from Money made from Nigeria to their respective countries? Is their company profit spent in Nigeria?
All the money we pay MTN for calls are converted to dollars and most carried to South Africa: to who's profit really?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:19pm On May 09, 2019
Curlieweed:

It is instructive that all the examples of "forgiveness" you gave in your comment involve separate countries. Maybe there is a clue there.
How about the Hutu's and Tutsi's?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 4:20pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

It doesn't work like that in international businesses!
Do you know how much dollars Shell and Mobil pay as tax from Money made from Nigeria to their respective countries? Is their company profit spent in Nigeria?
All the money we pay MTN for calls are converted to dollars and most carried to South Africa: to who's profit really?
So Shell and Mobil do not pay Tax on their profit in Nigeria. Are you saying they pay profit twice or they do not pay tax in Nigeria
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:21pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
really

What have they achieved in any of their states?
Every tribe has intelligent individuals with good leadership abilities. Every tribe!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:22pm On May 09, 2019
kernel01:

Brother... The truth is that we don't share same ideology.
What are igbo's three main ideologies?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 4:24pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Every tribe has intelligent individuals with good leadership abilities. Every tribe!
Firstly I prefer the term Ethnicity not tribe. I suggest you open a dictionary and study what the word means. We are not tribes.

Yes every group may have such individuals but not every group has a culture that allows such persons to thrive and rise.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:26pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Yoruba are not jealous of Eboes. Yoruba are indifferent to them. Deep down we see them as politically disorganized and culturally uncivilized. That is the bitter truth. We prefer to have Regional government. If we do we generally mind our business. Yoruba would not go to Enugu and start looking for how to become Mayor.
So in reality we have greater affinity with the Hausa and Fuani than Eboes politically. We do some other things well together especially crime but not politics. We are parallel lines politicallly and the only way we can operate is if the Eboes accept Yoruba as their leaders which they are too proud to do and yet they have no serious political thinkers.
What can you deduce about a people who line up behind Nnamdi Kanu
But I feel that the Yorubas are actually marginalising themselves with their coalition with the north against the east. It simply means that we have made the North the decider of our political future.

If the Hausa/Fulani says they want to retain presidency in 2023 do you have any strategy of stopping them?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2019
Donelli:

Who shall we send, and who will go for us?
Indeed, who are those who would be the first of our leaders to stretch hand of peace across our artificial borders?

I am amazed some of us are so full of hate!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:28pm On May 09, 2019
Hi
Donelli:

Who shall we send, and who will go for us?
Indeed, who are those who would be the first of our leaders to stretch hand of peace across our artificial borders?

I am amazed some of us are so full of hate!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:31pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

One problem with the South is this, no one wants to accept their wrongs.
@Shadeyinka, you see why people doubt the feasibility of a United South?
Aribisala here is twisting and hiding facts to justify himself.
I ask him,
1) How do you mean by Balewa and Zik forming a gov't as a coalition?
2) Are the Yorubas not more entangled to the Hausas than the Igbos like you claim? Apart from Zik (whom the Igbos never really trusted well), which other Igbo man had strong ties like AWOLOWO, ABIOLA, TINUBU, etc.?
It is a fact that the Hausa prefers to deal with the Yoruba more cause an Igbo man will never spend 4yrs in power without causing trouble by stopping the current political pattern. The kind of loyalty Osinbanjo shows PMB, I can count few Igbos who will accept PMB's excesses.
3) Taunting Igbos and thinking you're the most ready region for a break up? Bros, think twice;the only region brought to its knees by the war and without the whole intervention of North East devt commission and other reconciliatory programs, built up itself in a country hostile to it till date. Bros, don't brag it cos you haven't got it all.
Yes, we've been fighting!
Over what?
I don't really know.

And what have the East gained from the fight? Nothing
And what have the West also gained from the fight? Nothing

So, must we continue to fight each other?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:33pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

There can never be real unity.. Do you know why?

Different regions were fed with different versions of what transpired during the civil war .

After pains, there must be healings.. Is there any in the case of the civil war?

We should stop pretending as if it was nothing..

Those that are victims still nursing the pains as if it happened yesterday.

He who comes into equity must come with clean hands
I still use the Hutu's and the Tutsi's as an example.
If the intelligent ones among them didn't finish the quarrels, the dumb ones would still be slaughtering each other today
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:38pm On May 09, 2019
Nazzysca:

@Shadeyinka, this is what you see from Nigeria.
You see the second to last statement is what a normal Igbo man won't even accept from his king.
The Igbo man do not accept the supremacy of any being over another.. Now, if the Igbo man accepts the Yorubas are the Igbo man's leaders, the North will also claim leadership over the Yorubas?
@Shadeyinka, what is the rationale behind stopping people from voting a candidate of their choice? How can a sane man see that as not respecting the will of the indigenes? See from Aribisala's words, what the problem is; you dont see the Igbos as relevant and want them to be led by you? Aribisala, Igbos don't allow even their kings to become autocratic talk more anyone having leadership over them.
. Aribisala claiming Igbos align more to the North now claiming Yoruba has more political affinity to the Hausas than the Igbos.
Is this not confusion?
But it doesn't mean that peace shouldn't be given a chance. Right now, we need the unity more than ever. The North prefer the West to the East, that is the truth. But, the East cannot be politically relevant by themselves. They need more friends than enemies. Therefore make more friends!
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:41pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Firstly I prefer the term Ethnicity not tribe. I suggest you open a dictionary and study what the word means. We are not tribes.

Yes every group may have such individuals but not every group has a culture that allows such persons to thrive and rise.
I am no English major forgive the error in semantics
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 4:41pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I still use the Hutu's and the Tutsi's as an example.
If the intelligent ones among them didn't finish the quarrels, the dumb ones would still be slaughtering each other today

And who led or currently leading reconciliation meeting among Nigerians.

NB: All regions are hurt
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:45pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
So Shell and Mobil do not pay Tax on their profit in Nigeria. Are you saying they pay profit twice or they do not pay tax in Nigeria
Who owns the Oil? Nigeria or Mobil?
It's a shame to us. Does Nigeria know the cost price of getting the crude oil?
Does Nigeria know exactly how many million barrels of oil shell pumps in a day? Do we not just rely on what they tell us they have pumped.
Do we know big MTN has parallel accounts? How can we tax them appropriately.
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 4:47pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

And who led or currently leading reconciliation meeting among Nigerians.

NB: All regions are hurt
I wish more of our leaders actually brake a lead in mending our fence. I think Ooni of Ife is trying to do this, I don't know how successful his efforts are !
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 4:48pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

But I feel that the Yorubas are actually marginalising themselves with their coalition with the north against the east. It simply means that we have made the North the decider of our political future.

If the Hausa/Fulani says they want to retain presidency in 2023 do you have any strategy of stopping them?
Please stop talking rubbish there is no coalition with the North or coalition against the East

In 2011 GEJ got 2.4 million SW votes and Buhari got 240000 . We never saw that as a coalition AGAINST the north or a coalition with anybody.

We chose what we thought was the best option based on the available information.

If anyone was involved in a coalition against anybody it was GEJ and the Eboes agains the SW after GEJ won the election.
The only difference between the election numbers in the SW is they were not cooked up like in the SE and SS.

At any rate in 2007 SW voted for Yar'adua against Buhari was that a coalition against the North?

In 2015 GEJ had succeeded in squandering his political capital in the SW by depleting the PDP. He jailed Bode George, Harrassed Dimeji Bankole, Drove Oyinlola out of PDP and so by the time election came who was his biggest player in the SW ?? Femi Fani-Kayode.
GEJ was badly advised by the Eboes and his wife and fought against all the Yoruba people in PDP whom he thought were Obasanjo's people and so he was naked in 2015. The fact that he had not extended political patronage to PDP in the region did not help him and so from inheriting, Oyo, Osun,Ogun and Ekiti govs in PDP from Yar'adua he was left with just Fayose whom he installed in the dying minutes come 2015.

How then can we call this a coalitin with the North

Buhari was not aligned with political forces in the north. His party CPC was completely out of sync with that.

Buhari and Tinubu were both opposition elements and their victory was improbable . GEJ made it happen.
The Yoruba have always voted rationally.

Buhari's performance has been disappointing and we have seen the reflection in the results of 2019 election
How then can any sensible person talk about coalition agains the east?
Was GEJ favorable to Yoruba interest?
Did he govern well?

The truth is he did not afterall Yoruba voted him in.

This time Buhari has been disappointing but Atiku did not have the right resources and probably is not the right man for the job. SO do not cast this as any Yoruba vs East story that isn RUBBISH
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Yoruba are not jealous of Eboes. Yoruba are indifferent to them. Deep down we see them as politically disorganized and culturally uncivilized. That is the bitter truth. We prefer to have Regional government. If we do we generally mind our business. Yoruba would not go to Enugu and start looking for how to become Mayor.
So in reality we have greater affinity with the Hausa and Fuani than Eboes politically. We do some other things well together especially crime but not politics. We are parallel lines politicallly and the only way we can operate is if the Eboes accept Yoruba as their leaders which they are too proud to do and yet they have no serious political thinkers.
What can you deduce about a people who line up behind Nnamdi Kanu
lol...an Igbo man doesn't even accept to be a slave under an Igbo EZE ot IGWE...... and you are talking about accepting a yorrober as a leader?.... rie nsi

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 4:52pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Who owns the Oil? Nigeria or Mobil?
It's a shame to us. Does Nigeria know the cost price of getting the crude oil?
Does Nigeria know exactly how many million barrels of oil shell pumps in a day? Do we not just rely on what they tell us they have pumped.
Do we know big MTN has parallel accounts? How can we tax them appropriately.
Interesting points but quite different from the first one
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 4:53pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Nigeria may not be great but the SW is greater than the SE. Do not deceive yourself.

apart from lagos which is a result of collective effort from Nigeria... no southwestern state is great don't deceive yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 4:56pm On May 09, 2019
nwadiuko1:
apart from lagos which is a result of collective effort from Nigeria... no southwestern state is great don't deceive yourself
Still greater than the SE. Ogun State IGR alone is close to the entire SE despite all the chest beating

SW IGR less Lagos still greater than SE.

Aba remains dirtiest place in the Milky Way Onitsha 2nd .

i.e The whole Milky Way

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 5:02pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Still greater than the SE. Ogun State IGR alone is close to the entire SE despite all the chest beating

SW IGR less Lagos still greater than SE.

Aba remains dirtiest place in the Milky Way Onitsha 2nd .

i.e The whole Milky Way
an average IGBO man is living better than a yoruba man..... i served in OGUn state.....Obafemi owode to be precise........ poverty lives within you guys.

without Igbo businesses and that of other Nigerians sW is nothing.... deal with that

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 5:02pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

I wish more of our leaders actually brake a lead in mending our fence. I think Ooni of Ife is trying to do this, I don't know how successful his efforts are !

Ooni ? I doubt. The politicians, elites, royal fathers do no care about the masses.

The big question is do masses care about themselves?
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 5:07pm On May 09, 2019
nwadiuko1:
an average IGBO man is living better than a yoruba man..... i served in OGUn state.....Obafemi owode to be precise........ poverty lives within you guys.

without Igbo businesses and that of other Nigerians sW is nothing.... deal with that
If that makes you happy.

There are those who have time to respond to this sort of nonsense .I am not one of them. I believe that the average Nigerian, Eboe or otherwise, has a very shitty life . What makes the Eboe man stand out is his capacity for self delusion

3 Likes

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2019
helinues:

Ooni ? I doubt. The politicians, elites, royal fathers do no care about the masses.

The big question is do masses care about themselves?
Speaking about the masses!
They don't really know what they want.

Politicians don't care as long as there is money to be made
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by shadeyinka(m): 5:13pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:
Interesting points but quite different from the first one
It's one of those things that pains me. We are 200 years technologically behind the western Nations
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by helinues: 5:17pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Speaking about the masses!
They don't really know what they want.

Politicians don't care as long as there is money to be made

Now you can see that the unity and the changes you are clamouring for is not visible..

It is time for each region to work independently.. That is the only solution at least for now. SW goal towards 2023 ( An hint)
Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by nwadiuko1(m): 5:19pm On May 09, 2019
aribisala0:

If that makes you happy.

There are those who have time to respond to this sort of nonsense .I am not one of them. I believe that the average Nigerian, Eboe or otherwise, has a very shitty life . What makes the Eboe man stand out is his capacity for self delusion
lol......so for all your greatness you still have a shitty life?
When reasonable yorubas like the one that opened this thread talk, people like you should keep shut......... because if you air your useless view, people will definitely burst your bubble.... mpama

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by Curlieweed: 5:19pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

How about the Hutu's and Tutsi's?

It's a also different scenario. If the Hutus had won after the genocide, there would have been no reconcilliation.

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 5:23pm On May 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

It's one of those things that pains me. We are 200 years technologically behind the western Nations
Just over 100 years The British used to sell opium to the Chinese their government did not like the harmful effect on its people and banned it. The British declared war. Part of the outcome settlement was that the Chinese ceded Hong Kong to the British for 99 years simply because the British had bigger guns.

The Chinese did not like it and they bided their time they made strategic PLANS with a long term vision and today they are where they are now . So we can make progress too though we are not likely to if we remain together in Nigeria because we are not really clear what being Nigerian means in the same ways as what it means to be Chinese.
That is what some people call the national question.

If some people can wipe out an entire village because of some cows then we need to deal first with the national question. Breaking up is not the solution because you cannot progress if your neighbours do not it is almost impossible

That is not to say we should not or should break up it just will not solve our problems by itself

1 Like

Re: Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition by aribisala0(m): 5:25pm On May 09, 2019
nwadiuko1:
lol......so for all your greatness you still have a shitty life?
When reasonable yorubas like the one that opened this thread talk, people like you should keep shut......... because if you air your useless view, people will definitely burst your bubble.... mpama
If that makes you feel like a real man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Amb Hussaini Coomassie Consoles IGP Over The Death Of DCP Umar Usman / Governor Akeredolu Pays N4 Billion To Pensioners / We Are Not Involved In Negotiations For Kankara Students Release – DHQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.