Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant (60109 Views)

How True Is The Myth About This Plant And What's The English Name / What's The Best Crop To Plant And Have Maximum Output On A 3 Plots Of Land? / Castor Plant And Castor Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Wizs2019: 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
Pistotita:

Are you not the one who addressed me in that group that talk is cheap. I have been very polite with you, but it seems you want to push out chemicals from my mouth. I will not still make comments on anything you feel is used for bomb cos you are just trying to make me spit words out, but I am not someone that can be pushed. I discuss details with people privately, and not recklessly on public forum. I wrote details about fertlizer here in this thread. Someone asked me about them, and not only did I write the names but gave recipe on how to use them with vegetables and Maize.

My words are clear enough. I don't discuss cells elongation and multiplication publicly. And I don't discuss chemicals publicly too. Both are cancer. Cancer is uncontrollable growth. Experts who use them are trained on precautions, and it's why some papers are not released for public consumption. Like I said, Ridomil Gold is an example of total chemical abuse. Using it weekly is wrong. Diseases develop resistant to it fast, and the next step for the farmer is to find something stronger. But if the farmer follows the rules, he will have no problem so that more potent ones are not needed. Crop rotation is important too.

Oga, try to focus on bombarding your soil with manure. Learn prunning very well (at least to the top of your stake and thenafter, let them blowout) And use fertilizer the way you know. You will hit 1,000 bags I assure you. I like the fertilizer image you shared, but how many people can still translate the image? Like you said, formulation is the challenge. And that's where arithmetic and basic chemistry come in. Are you not confirming what I have been writing? How many farmers are interested in learning formulation? You may be interested in it like I was, but I chilled out during my time. Do you think Israeli take Africans serious? They look at us like dummy. lol. And I always exercise patience until they trust me enough.

I was asking the main man Hazera attached to Africa why it's only old seeds in Nigeria. The guy thought he was talking to a "mumu", and was trying to send me to one guy like that, and I told him that I don't need that. It was another Israeli who read our conversation who quickly wrote me and put a call across. And he told me their challenges in Nigeria. In short, he said advance countries do not use seeds again, they use seedlings. And Kenya is picking up, but Nigeria is terribly backward. We agreed to collaborate, but where are the Nigerians who are ready to pick these new techniques? They want new techniques but do not want to spend. Who takes such people serious.

It kills the spirit when one wants to introduce non chemical techniques but just because it's not as cheap as chemicals people don't pay attention. When I see a farmer who bombards his farm with manure, I pay more attention. It's why vegetable farms should not be inside bush where lorries cannot drive into. How will the farmer move tons of manure to the farm? Such farmer is only willing to spend money in moving out harvests. But many think I am insulting them. I have farmed where only bike can enter, and takes 40 mins journey on the bike. Just narrow path only a bike can take at a time. So, you can imagine how rampant collision of two bikes along the path. If the bike is without "horn", it's a no for me. And I would make sure the guy blew his horn heavily. I didn't mind paying extra. Also, I have been to flooded areas. These are psychological issues that weaken farmers. I do not mean to insult anyone, but let farmers remove all these challenges first, use more manure for soil preparation, and see how progressive they will be.

I made a mistake on my previous post which I have now corrected. To clarify,I do NOT use any fertiliser that can be used for explosives! They are dangerous to use and store, and extremely difficult to get also (obviously). There are plenty of other safer alternatives.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Wizs2019: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2019
Pistotita:

Are you not the one who addressed me in that group that talk is cheap. I have been very polite with you, but it seems you want to push out chemicals from my mouth. I will not still make comments on anything you feel is used for bomb cos you are just trying to make me spit words out, but I am not someone that can be pushed. I discuss details with people privately, and not recklessly on public forum. I wrote details about fertlizer here in this thread. Someone asked me about them, and not only did I write the names but gave recipe on how to use them with vegetables and Maize.

My words are clear enough. I don't discuss cells elongation and multiplication publicly. And I don't discuss chemicals publicly too. Both are cancer. Cancer is uncontrollable growth. Experts who use them are trained on precautions, and it's why some papers are not released for public consumption. Like I said, Ridomil Gold is an example of total chemical abuse. Using it weekly is wrong. Diseases develop resistant to it fast, and the next step for the farmer is to find something stronger. But if the farmer follows the rules, he will have no problem so that more potent ones are not needed. Crop rotation is important too.

Oga, try to focus on bombarding your soil with manure. Learn prunning very well (at least to the top of your stake and thenafter, let them blowout) And use fertilizer the way you know. You will hit 1,000 bags I assure you. I like the fertilizer image you shared, but how many people can still translate the image? Like you said, formulation is the challenge. And that's where arithmetic and basic chemistry come in. Are you not confirming what I have been writing? How many farmers are interested in learning formulation? You may be interested in it like I was, but I chilled out during my time. Do you think Israeli take Africans serious? They look at us like dummy. lol. And I always exercise patience until they trust me enough.

I was asking the main man Hazera attached to Africa why it's only old seeds in Nigeria. The guy thought he was talking to a "mumu", and was trying to send me to one guy like that, and I told him that I don't need that. It was another Israeli who read our conversation who quickly wrote me and put a call across. And he told me their challenges in Nigeria. In short, he said advance countries do not use seeds again, they use seedlings. And Kenya is picking up, but Nigeria is terribly backward. We agreed to collaborate, but where are the Nigerians who are ready to pick these new techniques? They want new techniques but do not want to spend. Who takes such people serious.

It kills the spirit when one wants to introduce non chemical techniques but just because it's not as cheap as chemicals people don't pay attention. When I see a farmer who bombards his farm with manure, I pay more attention. It's why vegetable farms should not be inside bush where lorries cannot drive into. How will the farmer move tons of manure to the farm? Such farmer is only willing to spend money in moving out harvests. But many think I am insulting them. I have farmed where only bike can enter, and takes 40 mins journey on the bike. Just narrow path only a bike can take at a time. So, you can imagine how rampant collision of two bikes along the path. If the bike is without "horn", it's a no for me. And I would make sure the guy blew his horn heavily. I didn't mind paying extra. Also, I have been to flooded areas. These are psychological issues that weaken farmers. I do not mean to insult anyone, but let farmers remove all these challenges first, use more manure for soil preparation, and see how progressive they will be.

I think me and you are actually quite similar in our belief, we just approach things differently. Pistotita, please let sleeping dogs lie. Lets have creative discussions, forget chemicals etc. We have warned people against them therefore conscience clear.

I always try to use manure twice every planting, once when shaping and preparing the beds, and another has part of pre-plant fertiliser application (same as basal application). But I will tell you now it is labour intensive. So apply manure again during plant growth is not feasible (and it can also damage your plant you don't prepare the manure properly). I prefer to use inorganic fertilisers because it is not labour intensive and also I practice fertigation. I also know how to prune, but only on monoecious cultivars like CU999. There are many techniques but I try to follow what is recommended by the seed manufacturer. Pruning for me doesn't really increase the yield, it just ensured that the fruit produced will be top quality and helps to balance the plants between vegetative growth and fruit production. See Thaiagro recommendation below:

https://www.facebook.com/276331512414239/videos/vb.276331512414239/1544261308954580/?type=2&theater

The images of fertilisers I attached to one of my previous posts is actually part of a spreadsheet I developed to do the arithmetic and help formulate the fertilisers I need for crop (cucumber only for now). All I need to input is the details of the planting area and beds and the formulation is automatically calculated. Please everyone, I will not be making this spreadsheet available so please don't ask. However, I am more than happy to publicly discuss how to understand the calculations and perform them.

My farm is located in a small village in Owode, Ogun State however, I have 2 poultry farm near me that are walking distance so I have easy access to manure. In fact most poultry farms I know are in the 'bush'. Also land is not cheap, I paid 750k per acre for my farm and that is in the village. So imagine buying land in a more urban area. then there is stealing. Village people are very trustworthy and would protect you as long as you have humility. So I don't totally agree with your point about psychological issues.

So far from what you have been posting, what I have learnt about non-chemical techniques is use plenty manure, @Pistotita I am really interested in learning can you elaborate a little bit more please?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 12, 2019
Wizs2019:

I think me and you are actually quite similar in our belief, we just approach things differently. Pistotita, please let sleeping dogs lie. Lets have creative discussions, forget chemicals etc. We have warned people against them therefore conscience clear.

I always try to use manure twice every planting, once when shaping and preparing the beds, and another has part of pre-plant fertiliser application (same as basal application). But I will tell you now it is labour intensive. So apply manure again during plant growth is not feasible (and it can also damage your plant you don't prepare the manure properly). I prefer to use inorganic fertilisers because it is not labour intensive and also I practice fertigation. I also know how to prune, but only on monoecious cultivars like CU999. There are many techniques but I try to follow what is recommended by the seed manufacturer. Pruning for me doesn't really increase the yield, it just ensured that the fruit produced will be top quality and helps to balance the plants between vegetative growth and fruit production. See Thaiagro recommendation below:

https://www.facebook.com/276331512414239/videos/vb.276331512414239/1544261308954580/?type=2&theater

The images of fertilisers I attached to one of my previous posts is actually part of a spreadsheet I developed to do the arithmetic and help formulate the fertilisers I need for crop (cucumber only for now). All I need to input is the details of the planting area and beds and the formulation is automatically calculated. Please everyone, I will not be making this spreadsheet available so please don't ask. However, I am more than happy to publicly discuss how to understand the calculations and perform them.

My farm is located in a small village in Owode, Ogun State however, I have 2 poultry farm near me that are walking distance so I have easy access to manure. In fact most poultry farms I know are in the 'bush'. Also land is not cheap, I paid 750k per acre for my farm and that is in the village. So imagine buying land in a more urban area. then there is stealing. Village people are very trustworthy and would protect you as long as you have humility. So I don't totally agree with your point about psychological issues.

So far from what you have been posting, what I have learnt about non-chemical techniques is use plenty manure, @Pistotita I am really interested in learning can you elaborate a little bit more?

I use fertilizer too. I have shared my story here, and different approaches I use. It's an open secret which I have revealed here many times. But it is like people want magic.

1. Soil preparation is the first key. I even went to the extent of saying 10tons of compost per acre. This is like 1kg per plant since the standard population. Even Mr. Emeka said same how he digs holes and dump compost/manure inside. And I add basal fertilizer. This is the biggest revelation I give farmers but they do not take it serious. Why don't you try it? Cos it seems you think I use special spray. Yes, I do, but this is far more important.

2. After this cycle you are doing, if you want to relax, go home for 2 months and perfect your prunning skills at home. If not, get yourself a pilot space. I have mentioned it here many times. You must try many seeds. I even gave tips on mixing cultivars which no one has ever told farmers here. And I have been reading how farmers are trying different combos. These are secrets I got on my own that I shared.

3. When people say prunning works, and only you say it doesn't work, then, check yourself again. Return to pilot and prune gynecious how it should. Prune monoecious how it should. Don't use scissor for pruning as it spread diseases,except you use a sterilizer like 99% alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to clean it after using it on every plant. This usually slows me down, so I adopt using hands.

4. Your main challenge is that immediately you harvest, like flowers on 10 nodes above the fruits you harvest everytime abort and it delays harvest to every 10 days or more. Your mission is to minimize the abortion rate. Note that if you feed well, and there're limited abortion rate, you should harvest every 2 days. Harvest fast = super yield. You don't allow Cu999 get big cos they say it can reach 1kg. It will definitely cause abortion of flowers.

5. There is no reason to modify sex of cucumbers since every kind of sex is available. Let that slide.

6. Pottasium, Calcium and Magnesium are very necessary as soon as you start improving.

7. Do you think I don't want to return to my old style of minimum of 1 acre? But I don't have the man power. Only you cannot prune 10,000 plants. And if you leave it with those boys, they will spoil your plants. So, I guess it is why everyone keeps saying prunning doesn't work. So, I downsized drastically.

8. The better alternative is educated people forming alliances, but not Nigerians. Since we have been saying it that it is not cheap to set up well, why can't people think of alliances? Nope, they just want to force it anyhow. I saw that you use fertigation, now what about that man using hose on 1 acre, doing side dressing weekly. Too hard. I don't advise alliance though I know it's the way forward. lol

9. Return to drawing board and keep practising till you can reduce abortion drastically. That's what is keeping you from improving yield. And it comes with observing your plants. We are different. What is good and easy for you may be hard for me. I have noticed this. When I tell people that Murano is my favorite, they don't believe it. Perhaps I am saying it here the first time. But there is one lion seed cultivar, I think it's called Popular that I enjoyed too. But it's life shelf is poor. If there is glut, that cultivar is real challenge to sell. You may check Suntech. They have got new breeds that are good.

10. If you do the above well, no one will advise you to downsize too. You will just see it clearly that it is in your own best interest to downsize and be efficient.

11. Then, you start thinking of consistency. How many farmers have you seen doing open field cucumber back to back? They relax at a stage because it is not easy.

12. My brother, no one will tell you to start thinking about covered production. You think about the energy you put in. But when you do beds just once a year, you have lesser plants to manage, and you make profit consistently, you feel fulfilled.

13. Watermelon is another alternative to cucumber. No wahala like cucumber. Just save cash to get galvanized pipes for stakes. Or painted steel pipes.

After doing all these, you will definitely understand every word in my thread. There is no secret I have not revealed.

Ok. The last is parthenorcarpic cultivars. But 10,000 seeds will be N500k to N850k. Lol. Of course, when farmers were in unity last 14 months, I imported such that 1,000 seeds were like N15,000 as against N55,000 to N85,000 these importers are selling. These people make huge profit that they don't need to practise farming again. But everyone wants to go "solo".

Modified:
From page 9 down to page 13, there are attacks from chemicals farmers and consultants who even engaged hackers to attack me. So, I wish to leave this thread as it is for now. They teach very annoying agro-practice which can spread cholera, and many infectious diseasses. I had to slam many of them to back off. Many of them are even c.urs.ed for killing innocent consumers of their chemical products. They are already cu.rs.ed without adding more to it.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Wizs2019: 8:51pm On Jul 12, 2019
Pistotita:

Normally, I do not make comments on cultivars publicly, but since I have started, I think you should bring it on. Most likely I will change this thread's topic to tomato and Cucumber Cultivars, Fungicides, Pesticides, organic options, Questions and Answers, while I start a new thread on the high yield objectives. Let me see if more questions and answers will come by here. I think people have many unanswered questions.

Cu999 is a good cultivar. Believe it. It is a savior in many areas. But there are cultivars in its league presently. It is even getting common in Lagos if you harvest very fast without making it get big. And that is the beauty part of cucumber, if you harvest rapidly, you get better yield. Like if Cu999 is around 300-400grams and you harvest, and you don't allow it to get to 800g or 1kg, you will harvest and get tired. Likewise if greengo is around 200grams and you do not allow it to get to 400grams, you will harvest and get tired. Please, forget all those pictures showing you length and width of fruits using biros/ball pens, rulers, soda PET bottles, etc . It is good, it shows me the capability of the cultivar, but I am more interested in the width and the market determines what to do. My target is to avoid strong seeds inside it. Therefore, for high yield, avoid reaching the maximum level of the cultivars.

If you are doing dutch long varieties that will reach over 30cm or even up to 40cm, shoprite, spar and other brands will never take it from you at this size. It must be small like 20cm or even less like 12 to 15cm. it means you harvest quickly. So, when you prune these kinds, you use sense doing it so you do not end up with loss. If you are pruning Cu999, you use sense too depending on the sizes you are producing. Ignore the gimmicks of extreme big size. But big size cultivars has the advantage of better profit if there is disease on the farm. The smaller the fruits, the more nutritious they are. Rich people go for extreme small sizes, thin skin that get damaged easily, but they are tasty. They prefer refrigerating their veggie. They care less about long life shelf.

In 2014, it was a savior when Nagano messed me up cos I was on a downy mildew infected region. And I had Murano too on the land. But I would not do these 3 combos again. I have better combos based on regions. There are still places like in Ilesha that the best for them is Nagano because it is powdery mildew that is disturbing them and not downy.

Let us look at its flowering pattern. You will first get male flowers. But make no mistake, if you feed it well, especially using the following as basal treatment: NPK + Lime + Magnesium (or you spray Epsom Salt), and you still get the right soil PH for your variety, or for cucumber in general. you must mix veyr well with soil in good proportion ( I educate people on the method of application to get goof PH) or you just do yourself more favor by using 500g to 1kg of manure inside the holes of each plant, and add fertilizers, hmmmmmm! You will see wonders. Let your soil be without zero nutrients, they will dazzle you. Just make sure you have prepared stakes down. Seriously, if you tweak fertilization pattern, spraying and staking pattern, you will see wonders. You will see crazy wonders. You will be panting after your crops cos they will almost make you go mad with their growth. I prefer DAP with Calcium and Magnesium, or SSP with Calcium and MAgnesim. If I do not get theses, I go with NPK + Urea + Calcium (lime and not calcium nitrate) + Magnesium. LAstly never joke with micro-nutrients. From day I, use it for crazy high yield.

The main challenge of Cu999 is that with heat, it will start producing many male flowers. And there will be too many which will reduce your yield. This is peculiar to all monoecious. The solution is to alter the flowering pattern to produce more female flowers from its young age so that when heat comes, you will still have numerous female flowers.

With Cu999, you will not have too many flowers abortion like other cultivars. Like I said, there are other cultivars in this league if you are in a region of dark green skinned color. I have tried some and they are good.

Cu999 is on a good league because it has very good shelf life after harvesting. It will does not get easily spoilt. It will last days, and it is good for buyers and agents. I know a particular cultivar which is very big like Cu999 with some nice resistance to downy, and it will not produce bitter taste, but the downsize is that it has short life shelf after harvest. It is extremely hard to sell when the market is bombarded with cucumbers. When you get to market like mile 12, and you have to compete with five 20 feet containers of cucumbers, then you need long life shelf and fresh ones cos the seller might not finish selling even after 3 days, and they put it under sun. The makers of such cultivars do not expect anyone in his right mind to ever expose cucumber to such harsh weather after harvest. Ha! Craziness dey LAgos, I fear the way many people behave. LOL They subject cucumber to heavy heat inside bags for days under the SUn, and they start blaming you that you should have used better cultivars. LOL. But there are special cultivars for this kind of situation.

Nevertheless, Cu999 has it own cons. The worst is that it will be extremely bitter if heat is too much. There is absolutely nothing you will do except you irrigate crazily or shade it. Shading is not feasible for most people. So, there are periods I advised against using it. You will get zero sales if taste is bitter. It is worst than any kind of disease you will ever think of. Another con is that if you are in a region where dark green skinned is favored, you will sell at reduced pricing. Just not good, but can still be used for optimizing yield even if dark skinned green is the targeted market.

Another con is that to alter the flowering pattern, the enzymes used are on the high price level, but it will take you for a long period of time to finish 1 liter bottle. You get 1 liter, and it serves you for many months, even years. These are imported enzymes that are not readily available. It is with deep observations, coupled with consultation of different researchers from Asia especially before I arrive at this unique style.

In conclusion, it is a cultivar that is good for light green market. You will enjoy it more if you mix another variety which produces smaller fruits (you must get the population ratio right due to your peculiar market), cos you can chase buyers away with big sizes fruits (this is from personal experience). You will sell more if you have smaller sizes added to this big jumbo size cultivar. Very good disease tolerated cultivar, but susceptible to bitter taste which will render it useless after hard work.

Best of luck sir.

From one of your previous posts (quoted above) you seems to be contradicting yourself. You mentioned about changing the flowering pattern of Cu999, now are you saying let it slide. A little bit confusing.

Anyway have you planted your half plot yet? Please update us on the progress, I would like to know if you achieved the40 fruits per plant or the 200 bags. Because if you do, I promise to forget everything I know and beg for an apprenticeship from you.

For now though, 'to each his own', let agree to disagree.

Peace.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by okoroemeka(m): 10:29pm On Jul 12, 2019
Wizs2019:

From one of your previous posts (quoted above) you seems to be contradicting yourself. You mentioned about changing the flowering pattern of Cu999, now are you saying let it slide. A little bit confusing.

Anyway have you planted your half plot yet? Please update us on the progress, I would like to know if you achieved the40 fruits per plant or the 200 bags. Because if you do, I promise to forget everything I know and beg for an apprenticeship from you.

For now though, 'to each his own', let agree to disagree.

Peace.
pls wiz,stop joking let be serious,what do mean by 200 bags from half plot,only Jesus can do such galileeian miracle,we got 35 bags from our last half plot,we gearing up to do another half plot and see if we can squeeze 50 bags from it,we have applied 2 tons of chicken manure as basal and ready with simple fungicides like zforce to prevent DM from the beginning,in veggies prevention is better than cure,it's a bitter lesson learnt.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 11:23pm On Jul 12, 2019
Any link on how to get parthenocarpic at cheaper rate sir?
Pistotita:

I use fertilizer too. I have shared my story here, and different approaches I use. It's an open secret which I have revealed here many times. But it is like people want magic.

1. Soil preparation is the first key. I even went to the extent of saying 10tons of compost per acre. This is like 1kg per plant since the standard population. Even Mr. Emeka said same how he digs holes and dump compost/manure inside. And I add basal fertilizer. This is the biggest revelation I give farmers but they do not take it serious. Why don't you try it? Cos it seems you think I use special spray. Yes, I do, but this is far more important.

2. After this cycle you are doing, if you want to relax, go home for 2 months and perfect your prunning skills at home. If not, get yourself a pilot space. I have mentioned it here many times. You must try many seeds. I even gave tips on mixing cultivars which no one has ever told farmers here. And I have been reading how farmers are trying different combos. These are secrets I got on my own that I shared.

3. When people say prunning works, and only you say it doesn't work, then, check yourself again. Return to pilot and prune gynecious how it should. Prune monoecious how it should. Don't use scissor for pruning as it spread diseases,except you use a sterilizer like 99% alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to clean it after using it on every plant. This usually slows me down, so I adopt using hands.

4. Your main challenge is that immediately you harvest, like flowers on 10 nodes above the fruits you harvest everytime abort and it delays harvest to every 10 days or more. Your mission is to minimize the abortion rate. Note that if you feed well, and there're limited abortion rate, you should harvest every 2 days. Harvest fast = super yield. You don't allow Cu999 get big cos they say it can reach 1kg. It will definitely cause abortion of flowers.

5. There is no reason to modify sex of cucumbers since every kind of sex is available. Let that slide.

6. Pottasium, Calcium and Magnesium are very necessary as soon as you start improving.

7. Do you think I don't want to return to my old style of minimum of 1 acre? But I don't have the man power. Only you cannot prune 10,000 plants. And if you leave it with those boys, they will spoil your plants. So, I guess it is why everyone keeps saying prunning doesn't work. So, I downsized drastically.

8. The better alternative is educated people forming alliances, but not Nigerians. Since we have been saying it that it is not cheap to set up well, why can't people think of alliances? Nope, they just want to force it anyhow. I saw that you use fertigation, now what about that man using hose on 1 acre, doing side dressing weekly. Too hard. I don't advise alliance though I know it's the way forward. lol

9. Return to drawing board and keep practising till you can reduce abortion drastically. That's what is keeping you from improving yield. And it comes with observing your plants. We are different. What is good and easy for you may be hard for me. I have noticed this. When I tell people that Murano is my favorite, they don't believe it. Perhaps I am saying it here the first time. But there is one lion seed cultivar, I think it's called Popular that I enjoyed too. But it's life shelf is poor. If there is glut, that cultivar is real challenge to sell. You may check Suntech. They have got new breeds that are good.

10. If you do the above well, no one will advise you to downsize too. You will just see it clearly that it is in your own best interest to downsize and be efficient.

11. Then, you start thinking of consistency. How many farmers have you seen doing open field cucumber back to back? They relax at a stage because it is not easy.

12. My brother, no one will tell you to start thinking about covered production. You think about the energy you put in. But when you do beds just once a year, you have lesser plants to manage, and you make profit consistently, you feel fulfilled.

13. Watermelon is another alternative to cucumber. No wahala like cucumber. Just save cash to get galvanized pipes for stakes. Or painted steel pipes.

After doing all these, you will definitely understand every word in my thread. There is no secret I have not revealed.

Ok. The last is parthenorcarpic cultivars. But 10,000 seeds will be N500k to N850k. Lol. Of course, when farmers were in unity last 14 months, I imported such that 1,000 seeds were like N15,000 as against N55,000 to N85,000 these importers are selling. These people make huge profit that they don't need to practise farming again. But everyone wants to go "solo".
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 3:10am On Jul 13, 2019
You want me to share the link of such place online for you? Not even only for you, but for all. @FARMCASH, are you a seller who will go and knock the source like they do? Lol.

To the one saying 200 bags cannot be avhieved on a plot. I have a question. Did the same Jesus you called tell the builders of tower of Babel that they could build a tower to reach His side? They reasoned it, and they started working it work. Infact, they were in Unity. Oga, a no dey drag words with you. Let us be in Unity. Therefore @okoroemeka, I challenge you. You want to see. Right? Provide N5,000,000 and we sign a Non Disclosure Agreement with Penalty that:

1. If I lose in 3 trials (3 trials cos I need to train boys very well), I will refund you the cash apart from the sales generated from the trials. So, do not think I will use sales to do it. And apart from the capital, you will pay me additional heavy fine for losing.
2. You worry about sales and marketing. My job is to prove it and not to put a business in your hand.
3. Anyone from you down to the workers will pay heavy fine if sensitive info is leaked out. It is not that I don't want to teach, but I am guarding against terrible importers and Bo.ko Ha.ram agents. And certain info will still be kept in secret.
4. We make a duplicate contract blurring out sensitive information available here. You know it took me instant decision, but am I giving you 24 hours to make up your mind. And I will give you 1 month to come up with the cash. If you cannot come up with the cash in 1 month after bragging you are in, you will pay me certain fine too. I am going to initiate this contract in 24 hours if you accept my challenge.The only way out is that you decline, or say nothing.
5. Of course I will use 300 - 500sqm to prove my case, and we step it to a plot which is just a little bit above 500sqm.

If you notice, I don't interject threads I am not welcomed. So, users defending you, and talking on your behalf should take note. You can write whatever you want to on your thread, thats not my business. But oga, kindly do not mention me. Respect is reciprocal.

@Wisz2019, like I said earlier, your plan will not work. Go to the thread you talk is not cheap. Oga, it is just small info you got, you blew out unguarded. I just pray you return again to use your brain to pull out stuff here, you will definitely get what you don't bargain for.

Upon All I wrote, and with all cautions I gave out, you decided to even post a chemical in the name of fertilizer, and wrote that you don't use it. If you love yourself, you better delete the part before a Bo.ko Har.am member picks it. Or nairaland should save us by hiding that useless post of yours. You want to prove you are intelligent. Right? Apparently, my posts have been guiding you, but you are very unguarded.

I apologize to all readers. If I have declined your request at one time, you can see the reason. This is why people don't teach. This man is just too forward. Ha ba! It's time to wrap off before this one puts one in serious problem.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by tpben: 12:48pm On Jul 13, 2019
Good work @Pistotita Can I have your number sir?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 13, 2019
Contact me for your Cucumber seeds, fertilizers and Agrochemicals
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:17am On Jul 14, 2019
Prune Cucumber to get Super High Yield

Professionals will not tell you not to prune, because it is the right way to go. However, they will let you know that it is a sw.ord with double edges.

1. You will only get average yield without pruning.
2. Learn how to prune leaves, fruits, and suckers.
3. Pruning is like inflicting your plants with wound. Perhaps, you should know when to prune, and when not to. But during the cycle of cucumber, you just need to prune for high yield.
4. Pruning is the reason you can go on super high density. Start thinking straight.
5. Pruning is the reason I personally will not cover large area of land. But what I will bring out from my small area will be massive. That I know I can achieve over 1,000 bags from 1 acre does not mean I will do it. I just know I don't have the man power. I have repeated this many times, and I am repeating it again. If I cannot do 1 acre, why are you asking me on strategies to do 1 acre when I know the workers you have are not efficient? Even you, I am not sure how efficient you are.
6. You cannot learn pruning with your major projects, you need pilots to train yourself. Your trainer will just show you "Abrakatabra", but you need to practise.
7. Practise very well so you can estimate the number of plants you will be able to do. If it's just 300, do not exceed this. What you can do is to see how many you can do and get someone else who can do it very well to increase population of plants you will do. You need real stamina to stake and prune very well. It is not easy, but it's really worth it.
8. If the professional tells you that prunning is rubbish, just know that he is fak.e. The worst that professional is going to say is that it is kil.ling so he doesn't do it. Or it can easily spread dise.ases, so he is ok with his little yield. Lol.
9. Watch closely, people who do not prepare soil very well and do not prune effectively are always desperate with using latest chemicals.
10. The simple basic techniques to increasing your cucumber yield exponentially are: excellent soil preparation and pruning. Then everything you use on your plants works like charm. Otherwise, the best and most effective chemical will not give you better result. Perfect the basics before becoming desperate with newer things . Personally, if I point out your mistake which I spot, and you keep arguing, you will get no more from me. I can debate and argue many topics, but I respect knowledge so much so I don't debate it. Also, if I see you not matured for some topics, and I have shown you what your first mission should be, but you keep jumping to 15 steps above you, then, you have deleted yourself. Knowledge is powerful.

Learn from the mistakes of desperate Farmers
1. They criti.cize publicly, but learn from the person they are criticising secretly; however, maturity speaks the truth with wisdom.
2. What they cannot achieve is a mystery or miracle. You just believe in yourself and push through. You will be shocked that nothing is impossible. But use good variety, or be humble to ask through the right medium.
3. When your trainer tells you to see him after class privately, do so, and avoid confronting him publicly. Doing that, you have blocked the chance of knowing more. He who is humble with what he gets today will receive more tomorrow.
4. When you learn from someone, you don't go brag on some other medium showcasing skills like you brought them from heaven. Only you know you are deceiving yourself. You can attack, justify yourself, but that is where it ends. The truth is: you have put limitation on yourself. Personally, I see this in old farmers too. Who are they competing with? If you check well, they are competing with someone who is not in the same market with them? Does it make sense?
5. Watch out for wolves who come like sheep asking you to mentor them. If you clearly give out instruction for private discussions/inquiries after a public lecture because of security purposes, but just because they want to showcase knowledge, and they push out what is not suppose to be out like naming a bomb recipe publicly, then, you should be careful and avoid giving such more. Else, you are handing a Bo.ko Har.am or Cancer spreader in disguise weapons. They come and destroy you. I have met many of them. Thank God for wisdom in not letting me put money first. Many of them have offered me enticing rewards, but I declined.

Please, learn basic things first, take note of your progress, and keep improving . Rome was never built in a day. Chemicals will not make you get super yield in a day. When he is talking about too much chemicals, just avoid him, and move on. He will tell you he is not, but just watch it, the conversation will return to chemicals from time to time. What should you do? Just shut your mouth, refuse to reply, and move on. That way, you have saved yourself from unnecessary distraction.

It is not all about cucumber. It is not the most profitable bla.bla bla as proclaimed by some farmers. If it is, I will not produce other crops. Be a balanced vegetable farmer and not an over qualified cucumber farmer. There are so many other profitable crops even on small area of land. Cucumber is real hard work in open field.

Again, I repeat: I am not in slicing cultivars business anymore; therefore, let anyone who is atta.cking choose his fight very well. If I retaliate, it will be disastrous. Don't pick a fight you will be a cas.ualty in. Let me tell you what will happen? Pick Rick Renner's book called "Dre.ss to Ki.ll". I am merc.iless when it comes to online war. I avoid it, but when you push me to the wall, you will get what you do not bargain for. Kindly face the ones who opened their eyes and could not see that ch.olera is around the corner of anyone who exposes manure like he is teaching. At least they went to primary school too. Did they not learn about cho.lera there? A wise man does not keep visiting where he is not accepted. Only a foo.lish arr.ogant person keeps doing that. To those who said I should apologize, I hope you have your answers clearly. An arro.gant man will always be arro.gant who needs to be shutdown. And I promise him "Dress to kill" attack if he does not return to his domain and keep to 500K on a plot which he has not made. Not a threat, but telling him what he will get.

Note: I did not say you should not use chemicals, but do not be desperate about them. I learned gradually, and my successes are gradual.

Happy Farming this rainy season. Bountiful Harvest by God's grace. I want you all to succeed and it shall be so. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 14, 2019
FMCASH:
Any link on how to get parthenocarpic at cheaper rate sir?
There are many brands on aliexpress, it's very hard to choose just like every other seeds. But I have listed on this thread my favorite brands just because of similar questions I have received. I have written about my relationship with some of the breeders I use. And I have written about some online fake products I was warned about. I don't just buy seeds like that online. Wholesalers of good brands don't advertise with prices online, and retailing prices are always knock out. By the way, I don't have the money to buy 1kg of tomato seeds or 10kg of cucumber seeds that I cannot finish except there are farmers I am sharing with. So, are you just asking me to prove it? Or is it a honest question? I believe you can also contact me privately for this since it's the right thing to do. Seed sellers here are not smiling.

tpben:
Good work @Pistotita
Can I have your number sir?
Send me a detailed email sir, and drop your number. I will contact you or send you a referral.

Umuike, Godben, Okestrakenny, Saybal, Pinusta1, Nakedicome, Dean50, ayodehji202, kyriannelson, ... please check the email you used to open nairaland. I have replied you all Thanks!
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Idemujoseph: 11:48am On Jul 14, 2019
Oga Pistotita, is it wise to plant watermelon September?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Oga Pistotita, is it wise to plant watermelon September?
For the style I wrote about, yes. But if you want it crawl, I am not in the best position to advise you.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Wizs2019: 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Pistotita:
Prune Cucumber to get Super High Yield

Professionals will not tell you not to prune, because it is the right way to go. However, they will let you know that it is a sw.ord with double edges.

1. You will only get average yield without pruning.
2. Learn how to prune leaves, fruits, and suckers.
3. Pruning is like inflicting your plants with wound. Perhaps, you should know when to prune, and when not to. But during the cycle of cucumber, you just need to prune for high yield.
4. Pruning is the reason you can go on super high density. Start thinking straight.
5. Pruning is the reason I personally will not cover large area of land. But what I will bring out from my small area will be massive. That I know I can achieve over 1,000 bags from 1 acre does not mean I will do it. I just know I don't have the man power. I have repeated this many times, and I am repeating it again. If I cannot do 1 acre, why are you asking me on strategies to do 1 acre when I know the workers you have are not efficient? Even you, I am not sure how efficient you are.
6. You cannot learn pruning with your major projects, you need pilots to train yourself. Your trainer will just show you "Abrakatabra", but you need to practise.
7. Practise very well so you can estimate the number of plants you will be able to do. If it's just 300, do not exceed this. What you can do is to see how many you can do and get someone else who can do it very well to increase population of plants you will do. You need real stamina to stake and prune very well. It is not easy, but it's really worth it.
8. If the professional tells you that prunning is rubbish, just know that he is fak.e. The worst that professional is going to say is that it is kil.ling so he doesn't do it. Or it can easily spread dise.ases, so he is ok with his little yield. Lol.
9. Watch closely, people who do not prepare soil very well and do not prune effectively are always desperate with using latest chemicals.
10. The simple basic techniques to increasing your cucumber yield exponentially are: excellent soil preparation and pruning. Then everything you use on your plants works like charm. Otherwise, the best and most effective chemical will not give you better result. Perfect the basics before becoming desperate with newer things . Personally, if I point out your mistake which I spot, and you keep arguing, you will get no more from me. I can debate and argue many topics, but I respect knowledge so much so I don't debate it. Also, if I see you not matured for some topics, and I have shown you what your first mission should be, but you keep jumping to 15 steps above you, then, you have deleted yourself. Knowledge is powerful.

Learn from the mistakes of desperate Farmers
1. They criti.cize publicly, but learn from the person they are criticising secretly; however, maturity speaks the truth with wisdom.
2. What they cannot achieve is a mystery or miracle. You just believe in yourself and push through. You will be shocked that nothing is impossible. But use good variety, or be humble to ask through the right medium.
3. When your trainer tells you to see him after class privately, do so, and avoid confronting him publicly. Doing that, you have blocked the chance of knowing more. He who is humble with what he gets today will receive more tomorrow.
4. When you learn from someone, you don't go brag on some other medium showcasing skills like you brought them from heaven. Only you know you are deceiving yourself. You can attack, justify yourself, but that is where it ends. The truth is: you have put limitation on yourself. Personally, I see this in old farmers too. Who are they competing with? If you check well, they are competing with someone who is not in the same market with them? Does it make sense?
5. Watch out for wolves who come like sheep asking you to mentor them. If you clearly give out instruction for private discussions/inquiries after a public lecture because of security purposes, but just because they want to showcase knowledge, and they push out what is not suppose to be out like naming a bomb recipe publicly, then, you should be careful and avoid giving such more. Else, you are handing a Bo.ko Har.am or Cancer spreader in disguise weapons. They come and destroy you. I have met many of them. Thank God for wisdom in not letting me put money first. Many of them have offered me enticing rewards, but I declined.

Please, learn basic things first, take note of your progress, and keep improving . Rome was never built in a day. Chemicals will not make you get super yield in a day. When he is talking about too much chemicals, just avoid him, and move on. He will tell you he is not, but just watch it, the conversation will return to chemicals from time to time. What should you do? Just shut your mouth, refuse to reply, and move on. That way, you have saved yourself from unnecessary distraction.

It is not all about cucumber. It is not the most profitable bla.bla bla as proclaimed by some farmers. If it is, I will not produce other crops. Be a balanced vegetable farmer and not an over qualified cucumber farmer. There are so many other profitable crops even on small area of land. Cucumber is real hard work in open field.

Again, I repeat: I am not in slicing cultivars business anymore; therefore, let anyone who is atta.cking choose his fight very well. If I retaliate, it will be disastrous. Don't pick a fight you will be a cas.ualty in. Let me tell you what will happen? Pick Rick Renner's book called "Dre.ss to Ki.ll". I am merc.iless when it comes to online war. I avoid it, but when you push me to the wall, you will get what you do not bargain for. Kindly face the ones who opened their eyes and could not see that ch.olera is around the corner of anyone who exposes manure like he is teaching. At least they went to primary school too. Did they not learn about cho.lera there? A wise man does not keep visiting where he is not accepted. Only a foo.lish arr.ogant person keeps doing that. To those who said I should apologize, I hope you have your answers clearly. An arro.gant man will always be arro.gant who needs to be shutdown. And I promise him "Dress to kill" attack if he does not return to his domain and keep to 500K on a plot which he has not made. Not a threat, but telling him what he will get.

Note: I did not say you should not use chemicals, but do not be desperate about them. I learned gradually, and my successes are gradual.

Happy Farming this rainy season. Bountiful Harvest by God's grace. I want you all to succeed and it shall be so. Amen!

Why must everything with Nigerians be 'talk to me in private' and 'let's meet at the backdoor', it is terrible! As a diaspora, I try to limit my contact with my own people because they will always seek self glorification and interest. Anything I cannot say in public, I will not say it in private. Several people have ask me for my number but I haven't giving them because, I prefer to have open and honest discussion. I do it this way so that everyone can learn and also make comments and corrections because I don't know it all.

If anyone checks my posts they will see that I attach supporting information to everything I say. Everything is public knowledge. Who are we kidding? Everyone that has watch any decent action movie or that has done some research on fertilisers will know that there are fertilisers which can be used to make explosive. Moreover Boko Haram have been callously killing our people with bombs for more than a decade now, trust me when I say this, they don't need to come on Nairaland to learn how to make bombs, they know it already! @Pistotita I am grown man and I don't throw shade, I will address you directly, you are immature, over sensitive and very disrespectful! Please don't ever directly or indirectly refer to me as Boko Haram or Cancer spreader! If you are challenged about something you say, you don't need to resort to name calling and character assassination, its just childish. I will now make every effort to avoid messing with you again. You are attacking @okoroemeka for not achieving his objective yet but you haven't either! I will say this now, @okoroemeka can and will achieve his objective with using drip irrigation and fertigation easily. But your objective is suspect. In fact you have already giving up right.

I will say it again, all you are saying for getting super yield is use plenty manure and pruning very well. This is nothing special and I will put my house on it that doing what you are saying will never get 200bags over half plot. Please everyone research pruning, from what I have seen and my personal experience of pruning, it really improves the number of quality fruits but is doubtful if in open field farming it actually increases the yield.

I don't need anyone to give me praise and call me boss, sir or oga. I just want to learn and share any information I have that might be useful to somebody. I will never be desperate, by God's grace I am in a fantastic position in life at my young age. I do farming because its a passion and I way to give back to Nigeria and to the community. Farming is one of the ways Nigeria can become self sufficient with minimal external debts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 14, 2019
Wizs2019:

Why must everything with Nigerians be 'talk to me in private' and 'let's meet at the backdoor', it is terrible! As a diaspora, I try to limit my contact with my own people because they will always seek self glorification and interest. Anything I cannot say in public, I will not say it in private. Several people have ask me for my number but I haven't giving them because, I prefer to have open and honest discussion. I do it this way so that everyone can learn and also make comments and corrections because I don't know it all.

If anyone checks my posts they will see that I attach supporting information to everything I say. Everything is public knowledge. Who are we kidding? Everyone that has watch any decent action movie or that has done some research on fertilisers will know that there are fertilisers which can be used to make explosive. Moreover Boko Haram have been callously killing our people with bombs for more than a decade now, trust me when I say this, they don't need to come on Nairaland to learn how to make bombs, they know it already! @Pistotita I am grown man and I don't throw shade, I will address you directly, you are immature, over sensitive and very disrespectful! Please don't ever directly or indirectly refer to me as Boko Haram or Cancer spreader! If you are challenged about something you say, you don't need to resort to name calling and character assassination, its just childish. I will now make every effort to avoid messing with you again. You are attacking @okoroemeka for not achieving his objective yet but you haven't either! I will say this now, @okoroemeka can and will achieve his objective with using drip irrigation and fertigation easily. But your objective is suspect. In fact you have already giving up right.

I will say it again, all you are saying for getting super yield is use plenty manure and pruning very well. This is nothing special and I will put my house on it that doing what you are saying will ever get 200bags over half plot. Please everyone research pruning, from what I have seen and my personal experience of pruning, it really improves the number of quality fruits but is doubtful if in open field farming it actually increases the yield.

I don't need anyone to give me praise and call me boss, sir or oga. I just want to learn and share any information I have that might be useful to somebody. I will never be desperate, by God's grace I am in a fantastic position in life at my young age. I do farming because its a passion and I way to give back to Nigeria and to the community. Farming is one of the ways Nigeria can become self sufficient with minimal external debts.

You want to learn from me, and you are dictating to me. You want to bu.lly your way to getting info from me? Hehehehhe! De.speration! Chai! grin

I gave you what you need, but you said it is b.ull c.rap. So, it means I am a liar. So, why can't you leave me in peace? Must I mention chemicals?

I don't go about quoting people to pin them down, and I don't respond to such "pinning down" questions which I can answer, or go into details on a neutral ground. I have answers to everything you asked there if you care to know, but I am sure you are ready to start dishing them out like you are the originator as soon as you get any slight clue. I'm more matured than that. I can create a new response to tighten or untighten bolts and nuts in the heads of "over s.abi people".

Everything you pointed to showed you are a smart person who has researched my posts. And you could get what you want if you had obeyed simple instruction. But I am sure you ignored the most important part of my post. Let me remind you again: I don't look for smartness and skills again, but for good character and excellent attitude. Search very well my thread and you will see this clause.

I gave an insight on how explo.sives are made from the so called fertilizers, and why we must be careful with them, and you blew open one of such here like there is lepr.osy in your hands that you cannot control what you type. Just because you want to show that you are a professional, or you want to show everyone that I am a lair, or what? Are you not aiding Bo.ko Har.am like that? Infact, are you sure you not Bo.ko Ha.ram? And you expect me to continue going into details publicly mentioning che.micals? And you are still arguing. Instead of you to quickly remove that che.mical in your post before someone with bad intention picks it. I know you are the pro who can differentiate fertilizers from che.micals. Except you put it there for ba.d people to use. I keep talking in parables why some sensitive things cannot be discussed openly but you dont still understand. Truly, you are an adult. angry

Are you trying to learn? Or are you trying to prove to everyone that I am a b.ad person? You are the good guy so you have decided to start posting information that you got from me. Are you really the good guy? Painting me like what? Did I know you from anywhere? Cos I am confused now. Why the sudden attack? Are we in the same market?

OK. Tell me. From the so called fertilization images that you have posted to show that I am not sharing, but you are sharing, please, kindly show me where you actually taught calculating the exact needed grams using: NPK 15 15 15, Urea, Calcium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrate and Epsom, and foliar 20 20 20 (and get the exact kg of N, PO2, KO3, S, Mg, Ca, etc) of the images you shared on the other thread. Cos you mentioned you will rather discuss formulation. Did you show that? So, of what usefulness is the image that you still cannot show the details? Tell me: which one do people understand more: the images you shared, or the explanation I made here? Well, I am happy you shared them and perhaps it may make more people extremely more conf.used. Thank you for painting yourself as the most generous person while painting me as the bad one. But who started the sharing? Did you start this thread? Or did I? Guy, you are an ung.rateful human being. Very desp.erate who will go on de.stroying others to climb to his glory. But you cannot des.troy me. Nope, you can't..You will end up dest.roying yourself if you do not stop this ma.dness.

Everyone had actually checked and researched fertigation, fertilization, etc. This I know, so I don't repeat such information. And on google, one of the first website to always pop up is haifa. How many people can translate it? Even you. Have you been able to translate it here? So, why con.fuse more people? The clue is in my post and those who felt they needed it contacted me. And I took them on the long journey. That you asked for details of such here shows that you do not understand it yourself but just trying hard. Many times foo.lish people think they are right. But they actually show their fo.lly unknowingly. If you really understand what it takes to formulate nutrients, you will never go the route you took. I am sure this is a clue again for you. And you will want to return when you have searched again, but I don't think so this time. This is what I want. Keep learning. You will understand someday that basic things matter more than those chemicals you are desperate looking for. Since you are 100% sure that pruning and soil preparation do not work, what else work, if not chemicals. How can you alone prune 10,000 plants accurately, or how can farm workers prune well? And I am sure you did not use even SSP you claimed to be using....just talking rub.bish. Also, you did not use enough compost You can never do these things accurately and not get up to 800 bags with Cu999 on 1 acre. Even we leave out that other variety and we use ratio to assume you have cu999 on your farm 100%, you still lack behind. Never. I repeat Never will you not get minimum of 800 bags if you follow these two simple instructions. You do not know how to prune. Simple as ABC. What you don't know, you don't know. oga, sh.ut up and take back seat.

In one of your posts here you used in trying to justify you do crop rotation. Anyone who knows about crop rotation can easily spot your mistake. Oga, you know nothing. And stop it. If I see that you know, I will not criticize you. In fact, I did not even point to your error until now that your ma.dness needs to be checked. But you do not know. And if you do not stop, I will embarrass you here by going through all you have posted on nairaland, and I will start overruling all your errors to shame you. If you love yourself, keep quiet and leave me alone. Go away if you do not like my approach, or if you are too arrogant to follow simple instruction. People like you are smart only in misch.ievous activities. Bu.llying me for more info don't work on my personality. Using co.ded approach do not work too. If I decide to take m.oney to train anyone or collect money for further info is no crime, and there nothing unethic.al in it. Simply walk away if you do not like my style. If I decide to use my farm harvests to eat, there is no crime. If I decide to make more income with the b.rain God gave me, is there crime in it? I have paid my dues and you are not the one to school me what to give out freely. "Over sabi" human being.

@FarmTech and @Pavore9, please, assist in hiding that particular post where the over zealous man names a sensitive chemical that is used for explo.sives. I beg you guys in God's name.

Oga, I have left your N500k cucumber production income on 1 plot of land thread. So, why can't you leave me in peace? Is it by force? Ok. I don't want to teach you. Be a man, and leave me in peace. Is it by force to teach you? Is it?

OK. I lied. It is impossible to get the yield I mentioned here. Ok. The best yield we can get from one acre is exactly around what you got. Pruning does not work, and there is no need to use compost at all. So, I accept it that your method is better than mine. Infact, everyone reading....kindly follow wizs2019 as he is the guru. Oga, could you kindly leave me alone now that I have referred all my readers to start following you? Please, let me be in peace.

Oga, you will definitely be very alright. Ok. Sorry for calling you oga. Lol.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Sophiefol: 6:24am On Jul 17, 2019
@ pistotita please can I have your contact?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 8:21am On Jul 17, 2019
Liftitupo:
How can a new farmer start up properly? N50k is huge to many, not to talk about N500k. It was easy for you because you had fund already. What do you advise?

Farming is not cheap. With N100 - 200k, I believe one can learn gardening very well. My idea is using around N100k to buy basic nutrients and seeds needed for pilots in a garden close by. Cucumbers, watermelon, tomato, pepper, eggplant, etc are not bad ideas. For example, the gardener practises till he gets the desired number of cucumber fruits per plant or yield of tomato per plant. Then, it is left for such person to decide how to set up his farm. If he sees that his strength can manage 10,000 cucumber plants, it's fine. If it's just 1,000 using a low set up cost even far away in Sambisa forest, it's fine. My point is that the person already knows what it takes to achieve his goal, and he can work towards it. Then, the person starts thinking how to replicate his pilots on his farm. There is absolute no reason to rush. Rome was not built in a day.

One of the guys who have been talking with me gave me good reasons why he cannot use drip irrigation, and then, he went further to describe his idea of Irrigation which is ok, but as long as it works well. And he said, it works well everytime for him. That's good improvisation. The idea is this: I gave him concepts, and he came up with methods of implementing them. Therefore, the first stage is learning. When you see that cultivars are to be managed differently, and that some are just too good, then, your brain starts functioning in the right direction. But what is disastrous is coming to nairaland and getting robotic instructions without even getting the real reason for doing what you are told to do. Even the person giving out the instructions does not understand them too. So, what do you expect?

You need to take census of farmers here who have landed in hospital but are pretending like nothing happened. lol.

You have read so called mentors here saying it is not possible to achieve 40 cucumbers per plant, well.... that's the level they are presently. From my estimation, they are around 2.5 cucumbers per plant with the number of bags they are getting. And that's ok if they are making profit. But anyone who wants to achieve max yield must do what it takes to achieve max yield. Some think they know it, but not until they return to the drawing board that they will ever improve. And not until they consult someone who understand it well (I do it everytime and I have talked about it in this thread too) will they make progress. In addition, it can surprise you how much I have spent to achieve this. But when a farmer concentrates on set up cost only, lol...the farmer is not ready at all. I encourage him to go set up. That is rushing in and rushing out. lol

You may need to find someone to guide you to make the job very easy for you. So, instead of spending such amount to force my way through, I would use it to learn. And trust me, when people start noticing your efficiency, money to set up well will be available. This is how I started. My pilots brought out the initial set up cost.

Sophiefol:
@ pistotita please can I have your contact?
Send me email, and state clearly your intention in the mail. From there, I know what to do. If it's contacts or anything, I can reply you. But if it requires a long chat or telephone conversation, no problem, that can be arranged too.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Bolutiniori(m): 12:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
Just joining this thread and needs full info on the cucumber farming please
Can I plant now, I do not have source of water for irrigation or when is the best time if its late now
Where can I get the hybrid seed
what is the process of monitoring the plant
what chemicals will i need as the interval

Please I will love any mentor through whatsapp or mail
(justgrace78@gmail.com 08032434768)
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
Bolutiniori:
Just joining this thread and needs full info on the cucumber farming please
Can I plant now, I do not have source of water for irrigation or when is the best time if its late now
Where can I get the hybrid seed
what is the process of monitoring the plant
what chemicals will i need as the interval

Please I will love any mentor through whatsapp or mail
(justgrace78@gmail.com 08032434768)

Please, read through the thread from page 1. You can ask questions thereafter. You may also check other cucumber threads for more ideas.

You can cultivate cucumber anytime in the year. Look at irrigation options for cucumber as it's not advisable to cultivate it without one, even during rainy season. It needs lots of water.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Sophiefol: 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2019
@pistotita, I av sent u an email sir.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 17, 2019
Sophiefol:
@pistotita, I av sent u an email sir.
I have just replied all emails I have received so far. I apologize if you sent me more than once. The number of mails I had to reply was scary, and it continued piling up. But I have replied all.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by excanny: 3:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
Pistotita:

I have just replied all emails I have received so far. I apologize if you sent me more than once. The number of mails I had to reply was scary, and it continued piling up. But I have replied all.

How far with this experiment? How many fruits now? Is it up to 40 yet?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by jidestroud(m): 6:14pm On Jul 17, 2019
Evening All

I came across a sight today worthy of mentioning. Saw a tomato plant growing out of a kitchen drainage pipe 2 storey building up. To my amazement, it had over 30 big fruits on it and the leaves looked so well nourished. Then it got me thinking how possible was it to achieve so much up there, soilless, no disease, only source of nutrients is waste water from the kitchen which isn't even constant...

Hoping to replicate this hydroponics method if possible.

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
jidestroud:
Evening All

I came across a sight today worthy of mentioning. Saw a tomato plant growing out of a kitchen drainage pipe 2 storey building up. To my amazement, it had over 30 big fruits on it and the leaves looked so well nourished. Then it got me thinking how possible was it to achieve so much up there, soilless, no disease, only source of nutrients is waste water from the kitchen which isn't even constant...

I believe all the pilots you did have shaped your thinking process sir. I started thinking differently when I started my exploits. Funny issue is that I stumbled on many successful ideas too. Lol.

If I am right, you have been cultivating tomato for fun for 2 years. That's real training bro. Nothing beats disease free planting media. Once diseases hide in soil, it's real trouble. The ones that affect leaves like mildews, blights, bacteria spots, etc are waiting for weeding period when farmers will use hoes to bring them into the air, or when wind blows. While wilts travel straight into plants via roots
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2019
excanny:

all this comment can't add up. There some beit alpha and English cucumber that give average of 20kg per plant, that's more than 40 fruits.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Juliana7: 9:42am On Jul 18, 2019
excanny:

it seems u have not been following/reading from the beginning of this thread. @pistotita have dissected everything about how to get such by stating some cultivars to attain such and how to go about it. If what u stated above is to see pics before u get convinced that indeed is achievable or not. Hmmm. It simply means u have not read d concepts and principles @pistotita have repeatedly stated on this thread and be extension carry out ur own research to better understand concepts or pooh-pooh it. For me the info @pistotita have given here for free is enough for me to know that this guy is a practical farmer who knows is stuff, i don't need any pics or to visit is farm to know that this is real good mehn!. Lets encourage its likes who take it upon to real what to help other farms. Yes, we can disagree with him in areas we know and convinvingly believe he is wrong, yes, we need such constructive and healthy criticism that will our lots in every facet of our life. Thanks
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Cocoboms(m): 12:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
Wow! That tomato plant looks amazing. Thanks for sharing

jidestroud:
Evening All

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
A farmer asked me today if I can assist him get about 10 people who want to learn how to cultivate vegetables and work (10 months plots lease). 1 plot of yours will be assigned to you to cultivate and make money for yourself. I think 10 plots are available while he has his own plots to himself too. You are not paying anyone for training. However, you need to be guided and you can learn at your pace.

Those of you asking me for practical opportunity, you may contact me. I advise you to hold around N100k so you can all work together to achieve together. Accomodation is around the farm, and it's just max of 10 mins walk from the farm. You can get a room, self contain, or 2 bedroom flat there.

Crops: Tomato, Cucumber, Okra, Eggplant, Lettuce, Zuchini, Cauliflower, and Capsicum.

Nothing is impossible. After 10 months, it's possible to walk out of the farm with a million naira and you can set up your farm. The only hindrance is disunity. Please send me email before 30th July if you are interested.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (29)

5-Star Luxurious Ram & Goat Barn With AC & DSTV (Photos, Video) / price-list for all day old birds in Ibadan / How Pigs Drink Water In A Modern Pig Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 242
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.