Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,230 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant - Agriculture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant (59770 Views)

How True Is The Myth About This Plant And What's The English Name / What's The Best Crop To Plant And Have Maximum Output On A 3 Plots Of Land? / Castor Plant And Castor Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Bamocoded: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2019
Thanks all for your inputs on this thread.It has been useful for me.
Please where can i sell my lettuce products to,I have a lettuce farm almost three weeks now.
Thanks
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2019
Bamocoded:
Thanks all for your inputs on this thread.It has been useful for me.
Please where can i sell my lettuce products to,I have a lettuce farm almost three weeks now.
Thanks

Are you trying to quickly expand 3 weeks after sowing seeds? What is wrong with the market you researched before you decided it's lettuce?

Modified:
From page 9 down to page 13, there are attacks from chemicals farmers and consultants who even engaged hackers to attack me. So, I wish to leave this thread as it is for now. They teach very annoying agro-practice which can spread cholera, and many infectious diseasses. I had to slam many of them to back off. Many of them are even c.urs.ed for killing innocent consumers of their chemical products. They are already cu.rs.ed without adding more to it.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Xlyad(m): 8:22pm On Jul 18, 2019
ifedola28:
Contact me for your Cucumber seeds, fertilizers and Agrochemicals
I need cucumber seeds . how much do you sell?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 18, 2019
Xlyad:
I need cucumber seeds . how much do you sell?
We have different types of cucumber seeds, contact me pls 07068278983
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2019
Liftitupo:

I am interested in tomato, and I want to set up 1 ha. Please, sorry to bother you. I am even more interested in the new varieties you introduced for December. I mean the ones not included in this thread.

There is a farmer in Lagos who asked me to assist in finding about 10 people who can cultivate a plot each. The idea is that they start ASAP with cucumber to raise fund and move into tomato production by December. And I believe if they really work well in unity, nothing stops each of them from going home with minimum of N700k at the end of the project.

Individual Tomato Cultivation for 2020
Yeah! I am using 2 cultivars this year which I had a group test for me with great potentials. Both are breeded in the United States in 2018. It's very new and with multiple diseases resistances. I developed 80% organic and 20% inorganic soil feeding program which all 55 strains of microbes tolerate very well. Some strains die immediately they come in contact with inorganic fertilizers. But these 55 strains tolerate the exact soil feeding program. Except two major diseases that they both cannot still fight effectively due to high humidity. And so, I gat another solution for that. And that depends on the result of soil test. My expectation is that 2,000 - 4,300 35-kg baskets will be pulled out of 15 plots of land from March - August.

I doubt 1 person can handle 1 ha and produce these number of baskets (I am confident it is not possible with local workers) I quoted above, but perhaps, someone can be efficient. Really, I am not sure. Cos, I will not try it now with the kind of farm workers around. They can drop output to less than 400 baskets. Lol.

This tomato option is for only people who had worked with me. Like I said earlier, I am not bringing my business to nairaland. I don't want to, and I will not. Please, this is the last time I will answer this kind of question here. Please, send me email. I think I have mentioned that many times. It's not cheap, and I know majority cannot afford it. So, there is no point bringing it up here.

I am still accepting guys who wish to work with the farmer. Please note, it is not a training from my end, but I am always available to help out. Kindly send me email if you can afford N100k for set up.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Seedforthagro1: 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tacoma RZ is an awesome Cabbage variety bred by Rijk Zwaan for the African soil.
Tacoma RZ has proven the myth "Cabbage plants don't survive rainy season" wrong.

These pics are evidence of cabbage plants growing very well despite the heavy downpour in Ogun State.

Hurry now and place your order. Very limited stocks are available. Drop a message or call 09024561835 today

You could also visit http://www.seedforthagro.com/…/premium-vegetable-s…/cabbage/

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2019
Liftitupo:

I have sent you an email. If the people interested in farming with the farmer are smart, they can also learn from you. Thank you for your good work.

By God's grace, I will work with anyone who is willing to learn; however, they still have to make decisions for themselves. I am not committing myself to anyone, so I cannot dictate for anyone. My believe is that anyone who is willing to learn, can take instructions, work in a team, and the farmer is there to guide him/her will be successful. There will be challenges, but as long as they are united, they will all sail through.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2019
Has anyone cultivated beetroot? What about carrot?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 21, 2019
ATTENTION

I do not farm for anyone. I do not need investors. And I do not consult for anyone.

I have been receiving messages on requests that people want to invest in my projects. Please, let it be known that when I decide to run big farms again, I will still not take investors from public forums like this. And at the moment, I do not need investors. Also, some have been trying to ask me consult for them. I don't do such too. And I don't go to people's farms to manage their projects. Neither am I a consultant, nor a farm manager.

The offer I rolled out is for new farmers, or anyone who wants to learn under another farmer; however, I will put in my suggestions if they want it. The farmer worked under me for over 5 years; therefore, he can easily carry out my instructions. I have many of such farmer around Nigeria. So, anyone who wants to learn by working on a farm can participate only and only if he/she has N100,000 to set up with. And make money for him/herself. No one is collecting money for training from anyone. And you are not invited for sightseeing, please, do not ask for such favor. The farm is a business center and not a tourism center. We do not want to open the site to theft threats.

Please, stop asking me to be your farm manager or consultant. It's one reason I don't open communication channels to the public.

The offer is still opened. I appreciate those who have shown interest, but I am selecting only the most appropriate candidates. As a matter of fact, only two have been accepted out of over 25 inquiries. All I am just looking for is real zeal, passion, and ability to work in a team. Skills and intelligence are not prerequisites. If it is only these 2 candidates that will eventually work with the farmer, so be it. But I hope to get more. Deadline: July 30, 2019.

Happy Sunday to you all.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Adeoye007(m): 6:08pm On Jul 21, 2019
Please o , is 100k enough to cultivate 3 plot of habanero pepper? And also is basal application of Organic manure good for vegetable.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Cocoboms(m): 7:32pm On Jul 21, 2019
Hi all. Happy weekend. I apologize to the OP for derailing the thread a bit. Please house, I have this new 20 litres Motorised knapsack sprayer for sale. I'm selling it at 60k.

I'm in abuja. Can deliver nationwide. Pics are below. Check my profile for my contact. Thanks!

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by OluchiDelly: 8:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
Adeoye007:
Please o , is 100k enough to cultivate 3 plot of habanero pepper? And also is basal application of Organic manure good for vegetable.
Mebros, what's d update of ur platinum f1? How is d yield like? Guess by now u should be smiling to d bank.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 2:52am On Jul 22, 2019
@OluchiDelly, FMCASH, Cocoboms, and Adeoye007
Please, what's the present price of tomato in your areas? Do you know the highest and lowest prices from April till date? I want to compare with some figures with me.

Ogb5, please permit me to ask you the prices of tomato from April till today in Edo and Delta. Please, could you here?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 10:11am On Jul 22, 2019
Pistotita:
Please, what's the present price of tomato in your areas? Do you know the highest and lowest prices from April till date? I want to compare with some figures with me.
price varies here in my location. Here is village market (isiun), we have more local farmers here and cotonus. The peak is mid of may to mid of June. I have little tomatoes for the last project, so didn't take it to market. Just sell to tomatoes vendor around. At peak I sell around #100/kg because it local tomatoes assume its royal tomatoes could have been around 150 to 220/kg. When glut set in I sell it at range of #50/kg. But if its royal tomatoes it could have been premium. My next sales will be cobra 26 f1, minimum sales will be #150/kg.

Too much sun also determine gluts
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 22, 2019
FMCASH:
price varies here in my location. Here is village market (isiun), we have more local farmers here and cotonus. The peak is mid of may to mid of June. I have little tomatoes for the last project, so didn't take it to market. Just sell to tomatoes vendor around. At peak I sell around #100/kg because it local tomatoes assume its royal tomatoes could have been around 150 to 220/kg. When glut set in I sell it at range of #50/kg. But if its royal tomatoes it could have been premium. My next sales will be cobra 26 f1, minimum sales will be #150/kg.

Too much sun also determine gluts

Please bro, what is the name of the local variety accepted in your area? And where are you located?

What if you have a very good roma cultivar which is red, fleshy, sweeter, and the fruit size twice as big as Cobra f1, what price will it go during glut and scarcity?

How do you mean too much sun determine glut? What temperature range exactly do you mean? And what is the impact on the plants and fruits, and on market?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 11:03am On Jul 22, 2019
Pistotita:

Please bro, what is the name of the local variety accepted in your area? And where are you located?

What if you have a very good roma cultivar which is red, fleshy, sweeter, and the fruit size twice as big as Cobra f1, what price will it go during glut and scarcity?

How do you mean too much sun determine glut? What temperature range exactly do you mean? And what is the impact on the plants and fruits, and on market?
. Aka omo oko, its Yoruba indigenous tomatoes. Very high yielding harvest last for two month. But it does make soup watery and consumer complain about soup sour. Roma, uc 82b will command price like cobra and other royal tomatoes, what's they are after its big and fleshy tomatoes.

My location is owode egba.

Even during tomato scarcity during may and June. If there is too much sun. More tomato will ripe and this will cause farmers bring times two of what they bring to market. Which cause glut. What you sell for 1000 will be sold 500.

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 11:07am On Jul 22, 2019
All tomato seller prefer medium to big size tomatoes so far it comes red, fleshy and affordable
Pistotita:

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 11:08am On Jul 22, 2019
Pistotita:

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2019
Just a made a few harvest now

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
FMCASH:
All tomato seller prefer medium to big size tomatoes so far it comes red, fleshy and affordable
Exactly. The word affordability depends on supply as demand is always high. Traders buy at extreme high price when supply is extremely low.

FMCASH:
. Aka omo oko, its Yoruba indigenous tomatoes. Very high yielding harvest last for two month. But it does make soup watery and consumer complain about soup sour. Roma, uc 82b will command price like cobra and other royal tomatoes, what's they are after its big and fleshy tomatoes.
This omo oko, how do you rate it to soil pathogens in your area? Most indigenous breeds adapt more to their location than foreign breeds. Roma itself is foreign, same as UC28b. Could you kindly run a summary of your experience with Roma, UC28b, Cobra, and this Omo Oko in terms of diseases and yield? Please, kindly narrate your dry and wet seasons experiences.

My location is owode egba.

Even during tomato scarcity during may and June. If there is too much sun. More tomato will ripe and this will cause farmers bring times two of what they bring to market. Which cause glut. What you sell for 1000 will be sold 500.

Lol! Hahahaha! You are so right. It is why I said that farmers are lucky this year because June was like dry season. And just imagine sun is already coming out again. It's the reason cucumber glut is there also since farmers are able to still cope with mildews. Rainfall like 7 days non stop retires 99.9% farmers temporarily. Yeah! Only experienced farmers survive it. And some local varieties manage through also. But experienced farmers make more income during this time. Serious and heavy rainfall that sends 99.9% farmers useless. grin Such that zero trailer from the north enters mile 12 in a week. Lol. That's when agents move to Niger, Cameroon, Cotonou to order for tomatoes.

I know that when there's normal rain in May/June/July, prices can run up to N400 - N500 per kg. My estimation is that 80% farmers are retired temporarily too.

When it gets to the scenario that zero trailer enters mile 12 in a week, Hahahaha, like that rain which pushed out "tomato ebola", it can run N950 per kg.

But if you have been following my posts, I know that the delay in rain esp in SW really helped this year. Price went up a bit in May and then it normalizes itself. Most vegetable farmers in SW are very happy this year.

Please, farmers in Edo and Delta, could you kindly post your experiences here? Even it's not tomato, any veggie is fine.

@ EMMAACHILE
Tomato must be cheap in Lokoja since you mentioned that rain has been really scarce this year there. Please, what is the present situation there sir?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pistotita:

@ EMMAACHILE
Tomato must be cheap in Lokoja since you mentioned that rain has been really scarce this year there. Please, what is the present situation there sir?
Its not cheap because the last time someone bought them, it was only the local variety of small tomato and pepper that was seen. I dont know the current price but the assorted tomatoes if its available will command a high price.

I will try and check the prices this wednesday.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Its not cheap because the last time someone bought them, it was only the local variety of small tomato and pepper that was seen. I dont know the current price but the assorted tomatoes if its available will command a high price.

I will try and check the prices this wednesday.
Ok. Thanks bro.

Tomato is still hot cake. I know there are locations it's still very expensive. Even during dry season when price can move to N80 per kg, as soon as one gets the trick, the strategy is to leverage on massive production. Then, one can get tractor. I can imagine starting with transplanting 1 hectare every month from November. That's a huge business. Not to talk of transplanting seedlings on 1 ha every week or more.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
Pistotita:

Ok. Thanks bro.

Tomato is still hot cake. I know there are locations it's still very expensive. Even during dry season when price can move to N80 per kg, as soon as one gets the trick, the strategy is to leverage on massive production. Then, one can get tractor. I can imagine starting with transplanting 1 hectare every month from November. That's a huge business. Not to talk of transplanting seedlings on 1 ha every week or more.
Tomatoes on a hectare should give money in millions at that price. The problem is getting the best variety to plant. Rijk Zwaan seem to be one of the talk of the town.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 3:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
The omo oko yield is like crazy, not up to 65m long plot size gives me average of 136.5kg marketable yield within two month of harvest. Its rugged. Not upto 5% I lost to wilt during vegetative stage.

For cobra too, its very okay and rugged. Its was pruned so I've bigger fruits. Fruits per stand varies from 10 fruits to 25 fruits and they are still flowering but the continuous rainy drop affect the yield.
To be candid tomato it's more rugged to cucumber in all aspect. Short rain drops you have tonnes of abortion in cucumber.

I had no experience with Roma, the local seed seller sold omo oko seed to me instead of Roma, so annoying.

My uc82 are still in nursery.

We're experience 11 days of no rain here (august break) my colleagues in oyo too are experiencing that.

Mid of last month too we experience a week break of rain which affect my cucumber farm and also cause BER to my tomatoes.

I've nursed 5 grams of padma twice in February but I've failed. From the few that remain. I was able to count average of 25 fruits per stand
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

Tomatoes on a hectare should give money in millions at that price. The problem is getting the best variety to plant. Rijk Zwaan seem to be one of the talk of the town.
gamhar rz or jarrah rz. There marketer on Fb are promising 4 to 8kg per stand. I wonder!! Will give it a trial soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 22, 2019
EMMAACHILE:

My brother, read my thread very well from the start, RZ is not a choice for me. Not saying they are not good, but there are still others that are more outstanding for my own style. And I am preparing a group presently for 1 to 5 ha tomato as against 2020. I explained the reason why RZ is not a choice for me in this thread. For me, Hazera comes ahead of RZ because they understand tropics more. And BHN is another brand I don't joke with. BHN produces only tomato and it's based in FL. So, you should understand my point. There's another brand from Phillipines that I am presently working with. But it's still all about maintenance. RZ, Hazera, BHN, Technisem, East West, etc will all fail under 7 days continuous rain if the farmer does not know what he is doing. The last time I checked, RZ does not even battle all wilt diseases. It's good, but just with loud ovation just like when East West artived. lol. Yeah...A good brand, no doubt. But East West is still rated above it. That's a fact.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
FMCASH:
gamhar rz or jarrah rz. There marketer on Fb are promising 4 to 8kg per stand. I wonder!! Will give it a trial soon.
All these people are liars. Plant population is 10,000 minimum per acre. And it says 36 tonnes per acre yield. that translate to 3.6kg per plant. How possible is 8kg per plant? liars everywhere.

it's not even as good as Cobra that you are cultivating presently in terms of disease resistant. Why the hype? Is it not 80 to 100grams. You get mostly 100 grams when you prune, and even less than 80, down to 60g if you don't prune. At 80grams, it's 100 fruits per plant if it's 8kg per plant. A beg, make dem no blow you lies ooooooo. Never, never, never, and never. That cobra from Technis3m might be better. Trust me. Who.dem wan blow lie? Not me. Was that not how padma was overrated and smuggled in via Cotonou in those days? Then, the platinum gimmicks started. lol. Seed sellers are very manipulative. lol. So, at 8kg, they are promising 240 tons on 1 ha. Never and never! Liars.

RZ has giving you the potential yield and it's around 2 to 3kg per plant. With disease, it will move down to 0.1 to 1kg per plant. You just watch out. It will be hard to cultivate in rainy season, esp in SW, and SS. Mark my words. RZ doesn't produce broad lines of seeds for tropics. That's what you guys should know today. Technisem and East West are even more tropical friendly in my opinion. RZ is good, no foubt. Very nice seeds for the right climate. More of nethouse production for tropics is what they have.

Note...my assumption of yield per plant is wrong only and only if it's not 10,000 plants per acre.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Cocoboms(m): 9:29pm On Jul 22, 2019
Hello pistotita,

I haven't been to the wholesale market in a while to confirm price of some vegetable items. I havent called my agents there too either. I haven't had crops to harvest for a few weeks now. That's why. But the price of tomato in the retail market is very very high here in abuja. A small plate that used to go for 150 naira is now 500 naira. So you can imagine the wholesale price.

Pistotita:

Ogb5, please permit me to ask you the prices of tomato from April till today in Edo and Delta. Please, could you here?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2019
Cocoboms:
Hello pistotita,

I haven't been to the wholesale market in a while to confirm price of some vegetable items. I havent called my agents there too either. I haven't had crops to harvest for a few weeks now. That's why. But the price of tomato in the retail market is very very high here in abuja. A small plate that used to go for 150 naira is now 500 naira. So you can imagine the wholesale price.

Abuja is always on my mind. Thanks for this hint. Cucumber's income is not near tomato's during this time. And cucumber farmers labor craz.ily. Tomatoes pruning is even easier. But it's funny how cheap it is in dry season. I wish I am strong enough to resume open field in 6 months time, and I pray to find favor with good tractor drivers and workers. But I am thinking of learning it myself cos these workers can frustrate one. 10 ha fully mulched will be the target from December to August next year. Thenafter, just find a cold country to spend fall and cool down before resuming again in November following year to expand further.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 12:38am On Jul 23, 2019
Will you be using determinant or indeterminant
Pistotita:

Abuja is always on my mind. Thanks for this hint. Cucumber's income is not near tomato's during this time. And cucumber farmers labor craz.ily. Tomatoes pruning is even easier. But it's funny how cheap it is in dry season. I wish I am strong enough to resume open field in 6 months time, and I pray to find favor with good tractor drivers and workers. But I am thinking of learning it myself cos these workers can frustrate one. 10 ha fully mulched will be the target from December to August next year. Thenafter, just find a cold country to spend fall and cool down before resuming again in November following year to expand further.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (29)

How Cows Are Offloaded From Vehicles, It Takes Wisdom To Do That / World’s Most Expensive Sheep Auctions At £367,500 / SNAKE FARM ? {pic} :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.