Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant - Agriculture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant (59868 Views)

How True Is The Myth About This Plant And What's The English Name / What's The Best Crop To Plant And Have Maximum Output On A 3 Plots Of Land? / Castor Plant And Castor Oil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Psalmy2cute:

Pls how do you fine tune your npk 15'15:15 fertiliser??
Do you dissolve in water?? Or what method can be used to achieve this?
At every stage of every plant I cultivate I know the amount of N,P,K,C,Mg,S needed. So, I hardly use only NPK. I mix with other salts like urea, Epsom, lime, etc. The mixing ratio used depends on the stage the plants are. Of course it is possible to dissolve NPK in water and use. But I hardly dissolve it, except when improvising for fertigation.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by OluchiDelly: 7:59am On Oct 19, 2019
ifedola28:
Please, I respectfully ask you to leave me out of her business. I don't go pull down people. When her cup is over filled, she will be disgraced at the right time if she doesn't change. And if she allows me face her if she doesn't desist from her nasty attacks on my person, she will not like what she will get.

God bless you for this response. I wonder why he keeps reporting on this thread.

His action will only give people the impression that Pistotita is behind the whole thing but thank God you have addressed it in the most appropriate way possible

That is the more reason we need to be careful with the choice of words we use whenever we try to vent our anger. They had confrontation, and within 1 or 2 weeks, she ran into efcc/police net.
OP is someone I respect a lot. Been a while i opened his thread, cos i dont use to be comfortable with those toxic words he normally used against those who supposedly crossed his lane. One can still vent his anger with the use of mild n civil utterances.
If the points raised by @myrates are true, then those who filed complaint @efcc are possibly the victims/member of her cluster farming/ failed cooperative. Which in my own opinion, pistotita can never be a member of the crashed projects.
Shallom.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 19, 2019
OluchiDelly:

That is the more reason we need to be careful with the choice of words we use whenever we try to vent our anger. They had confrontation, and within 1 or 2 weeks, she ran into efcc/police net.
OP is someone I respect a lot. Been a while i opened his thread, cos i dont use to be comfortable with those toxic words he normally used against those who supposedly crossed his lane. One can still vent his anger with the use of mild n civil utterances.
If the points raised by @myrates are true, then those who filed complaint @efcc are possibly the victims/member of her cluster farming/ failed cooperative. Which in my own opinion, pistotita can never be a member of the crashed projects.
Shallom.

You are an unfriendly friend. I do not know your mission, but you sure have my private line to chat with me. You are really a snake. This is all I have for you. And I will stay far away from you. You need to really ask yourself why you used the phrase "crossed his lane" instead of the phrase "attacked him". I pray someone hacks you soon. And I pray they find the reasons to continuously send you missiles both online here and offline. Then you will watch what you type. If I continue, you will hate me. Let me just leave you.

If it pains you she was arrested, you sure can go to her thread and sympathize with her. Please, take her story off my lane. Dont bring it here again. When God starts dealing with my attackers one by one, they will shut up. Lol. I dont bring people down. She brought herself down. And you will go same way if you are not careful.

And if you think I am angry, you dont know anything. Someone was with me yesterday and I was cracking jokes about this nairaland. Lol. As I am bashing you sef, I am eating pop corn. You know the feeling....right? It is called multi tasking. Trying to use one hand to continuously throw pop corns in my mouth, and using the other hand to bash you. Very interesting. I am catching my fun bro. It is you who is carrying nairaland on top of your head like super story. Lol. If I see you tomorrow, I will hug you and smile. It doesn't mean I will still not bash you if you talk trash on my thread. That is the nairaland thing. This is what mods tell us to do. Lol.

Respect is reciprocal mehn! If you dont want to come to my lane again, do I care? 120 millions population we are in Naija. Guy, you are insignificant. Trust me! And if anyone does not want to talk to me cos of the bashing, the people is sure not ordained to associate with me. That is life. LIFE goes on. If the person cannot try to contact me to know what could be wrong, that is the person's cup of green tea. As for me.....I am going higher. Spreading my wings like an eagle. Piaaaaam!

Just quite shocked you want to resurrect a forgotten trash that has been discarded off my thread. You better take it back to where it is coming from. Her case is closed on my thread. Closed, discarded and forgotten. You wanna discuss it further, find the nearest LAWMA. Trash!
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by OluchiDelly: 2:48pm On Oct 20, 2019
1. Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord, Apostle Pistotita. How was service today?
2. This few epistle of mine is not intended to lunch any counter-attack, that is not in my habit.
3. Rather it is to tender an apology for one issue you raised in your last epistle, and to correct some of your many negative notions towards me.
4. You accused me of scolding publicly instead of privately since I have your contact, as regards this, i admit i was wrong, therefore my apology. That's me, I appreciate it when people point out my errors.
5. I would have loved to make this apology private, but you may have the notions that I scolded in the public and I now beg in the private, Or, I shamefully apologized after you bashed me. I have nothing to be ashamed of.
6. Your last epistle shows you have lots of grudges against me, which propelled all your caustic words, even though you called it fun.
7. To set the record straight, I don't have any grudge, mission, whatever name you might called it against you. That I don't like a particular habit of yours does not mean I hate you. (I know you are a xtian), Bible says, God loves sinners but hate sin. I mean two separate entities. Abeg don't quote me out of context, I'm not saying you are a sinner o.
8.That I said i devised a way to be avoiding reading curses, abuses esp early in the morning, that i felt were unhealthy for my consumption is not enough reason to tag me those bad names.
9. You prayed I should be hacked so that I can I feel your pain. I had been there b4 bro. Till today, no access to one of my e-mail adds which contains lots of research works and stuffs I cannot mention here.
10. Lastly, the laughable one is "carrying NL on the head" someone whose all his epistles in weeks is not up to 25percent of your single epistle per post, especially if you are to lunch counter attack, between both of us who now carry NL on the head?, lol.
11. Sorry to have derailed your thread, as this will be my last post that is not related to the contents of this thread.
12. Same way u catched fun with your pop corn while bashing, same way I'm catching fun using Apostle Paul style to write. The difference is, mine is not bashing, it's more of apology and clearing the bad impressions you had about me.
13.May the grace of the Lord be with you.

1 Like

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
OluchiDelly:

1. Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord, Apostle Pistotita. How was service today?
2. This few epistle of mine is not intended to lunch any counter-attack, that is not in my habit.
3. Rather it is to tender an apology for one issue you raised in your last epistle, and to correct some of your many negative notions towards me.
4. You accused me of scolding publicly instead of privately since I have your contact, as regards this, i admit i was wrong, therefore my apology. That's me, I appreciate it when people point out my errors.
5. I would have loved to make this apology private, but you may have the notions that I scolded in the public and I now beg in the private, Or, I shamefully apologized after you bashed me. I have nothing to be ashamed of.
6. Your last epistle shows you have lots of grudges against me, which propelled all your caustic words, even though you called it fun.
7. To set the record straight, I don't have any grudge, mission, whatever name you might called it against you. That I don't like a particular habit of yours does not mean I hate you. (I know you are a xtian), Bible says, God loves sinners but hate sin. I mean two separate entities. Abeg don't quote me out of context, I'm not saying you are a sinner o.
8.That I said i devised a way to be avoiding reading curses, abuses esp early in the morning, that i felt were unhealthy for my consumption is not enough reason to tag me those bad names.
9. You prayed I should be hacked so that I can I feel your pain. I had been there b4 bro. Till today, no access to one of my e-mail adds which contains lots of research works and stuffs I cannot mention here.
10. Lastly, the laughable one is "carrying NL on the head" someone whose all his epistles in weeks is not up to 25percent of your single epistle per post, especially if you are to lunch counter attack, between both of us who now carry NL on the head?, lol.
11. Sorry to have derailed your thread, as this will be my last post that is not related to the contents of this thread.
12. Same way u catched fun with your pop corn while bashing, same way I'm catching fun using Apostle Paul style to write. The difference is, mine is not bashing, it's more of apology and clearing the bad impressions you had about me.
13.May the grace of the Lord be with you.

Paul was a choleric who slammed many people.

Has any of my thread been moved to the front page that you were forced to read? Stop reading my posts. If you continue, it means you are sick. I am not abusing you but stating the fact out. If my words do not encourage you, why read them? You do not want to read because you fall under the category of the chemical people. Say the truth.

I pointed out the most painful action of yours; yet, you progressed and even justified yourself. You can talk to me privately but chose to come here. This is the typical Nigerian. LEARN not to mandate your believe on an adult. What dont you understand in this issue? I dont need your counsel.

If I had been defeated by my attackers, what would you have done? If you are my friend, you will support me whenever attacks come around. Or be neutral, but stylishly use wisdom to settle it. But you were silent. And you think you have the right to counsel me. Just imagine. And you are even complaining that I defended myself when you were silent during the attacks. You are like Job's friend who were quick to point out his errors. Did you read what God said about them? Go and read your Bible.

Many Nigerian Christians are like you. Just religious. A good Christian learns how to respect others' decision. Which part dont you understand? Do I want to listen to you? No. I do not want to.

Let me tell you what is really your problem. Oga, start using modern tech. I am not insulting you directly by bashing cutlass and hoes people. OK?

Say what is paining you. Those that didnt agree with me are those using cutlasses and hoes....right? Leave story.

I can see that my words are working wonders. People are changing gradually. I am happy my post on drip many months ago changed many farmers.

Listen carefully. Any farmer who uses chemical wrongly is a cursed fellow. Yes, he is. On that I will cu.rse a cancer giver. He is curs.ed. If you are using chemical wrongly, your generations are cur.sed cos you know the right thing to do, but you stubbornly just do what is wrong because of money. You are cursed if you are spreading cancer. But if you use them rightly, are you cursed? No, you are blessed.

So, stop using chemicals wrongly because this is the real problem here. If you dont stop, curses will follow you. Shikena. You cannot be blessed. Why? You know what is right, but you decide to cut short people's life because of your own selfishness. Cursed are those in this category. Ho and read Deut 28. Curses are in the bible. David, the apple of God cursed too. He cursed even the children of the offender. Let his children be fatherless. Let them cry....bla bla bla. Do you want me to show you where they are in Psalms?

Do you want me to show you David's curses? David, the apple of God's eyes was a pro in issuing curses. Curse is anyone who uses chemicals to kill the consumers of his products.

If curses will make chemical people stop...oga, it will not be better for anyone who gives cancer to people through food. Oga, his children will also cry.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Intuition, the most powerful tool in you
If you observe my posts, I always keep away from making decisions for people. Why? I want you to make the decision yourself; unfortunately, many want to take robotic commands.

Do pilots instead of taking robotic commands
In regards to veggie, you can ask for opinions on NL. But at the end, you need to make a decision. This is where intuition comes in. What is your inner mind telling you to do? It is unfortunate many have killed their inner minds. They do not know how to listen to themselves. In fact, too much noise goes behind the scene in the lives of many. At times, you just want to push things, but you must have signals that should guide you. Know when to stop. Learn to listen to every tick the seconds hand of your mind's clock ticks.

I understand almost every agricultural person here look forward to read my posts. Well, yours truly really appreciate it. But the truth may be packaged in an unpleasant box many times. That truth, I must still deliver through my posts.

Whatever you sow, you will reap
This is a truth I am grateful has been deposited in me since I was a toddler. We seem to easily forget this truth, but the truth will always be the truth. You know that I can go on hours of debate if I still have a benefit of doubt. Or even years......I may endure. But the moment I get the signal, I am just a person who involuntarily moves away.

If you truly want to achieve unimaginable success, you just must try new things. I read the recent article of Ovation chief editor, Dele Momodu about his opinion on the aspiration of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu in regards to becoming the next Nigerian president, and I was so impressed with his analysis. Yeah! Dele is very right. Only intuitive people understand it. But the truth is: nobody knows the mind of Asiwaju. And that is a characteristic of a true leader. No one knew he was going to support Buhari until the last minute. No one knew he was going to choose Osinbajo as the VP until the last minute. And Ambode got the shock of his life the very last minute. Though, I supported Ambode that time. Lol. This same way, no one will ever know his mind until the very last minute. That is a man of strong intuition. Without him, Buhari is zero. Read my words again, without Tinubu, Buhari is nothing. Even Buhari was afraid of him, and did not know his mind till the very last minute that he stepped face to face with him in Aso Rock villa before telling him that he would be his rock again. Many words arent the mind of most people.

Get on a very good pilot. I always tell people...if you want to know if greenhouse is profitable or not, get the cultivar and try it at your backyard. Just be patient. The seeds may be expensive, but close your eyes, buy, and try them.

Patience is the KEY
You must be able to have patient for 30 days before you transplant just 10 to 20 plants. Then wait patiently for 70 - 90 days just before tomato plants or pepper start producing fruits. In addition, you get your apparatus and start recording details of your pilot. How long is the harvest? The harvest may be 9 months, but the answer you are looking for might be gotten during the first week of harvest, or after rounds of harvest. Can you be patient enough for 3 - 6 months to get the answer you are looking for instead of looking for robotic commands on NL?

You have to decide what you want to do. If you can last long under the sun, good. That is you. You are a camel and I am happy for you. But if you are not, and you forcefully do open field on a large area of land, you are planning and excellently executing your failure.

Reading Reviews
I do it many times. You are going with the majority. But know fully well that the road to huge success is a lonely road. Let your instinct tell you the way forward. When you want to decide which brand of seed to use, let your inner mind lead you. And then, confirm it with a very good pilot.

You do not necessarily need to do what I do. This is why I teach concepts and not robotic commands. This is why I dont write chemicals on public forums, it is the reason I dont even make seed recommendations. I avoided it in my old posts, but I decided to release some here because the request was getting too much, and it started to look like I was not ready to open up. Well, no matter the depth of secrets you release, no matter the quality of info you give out, those who will gain zero are still going to be the majority.

Learn Veggie very well
You cannot be poor, or lack if you know veggie. In fact, you will never understand why some still wear rope on their necks and put on jacket in this hot sun going to work 8am - 6pm, 5 days in a week. You may not be extremely rich, but the confidence will always be there that you are not going to suffer. No matter how bad Nigeria is, you will be able to take care of your family. You are producing food. Let inflation be 100%, people will still eat.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 9:51am On Oct 29, 2019
Weldone sir
Pistotita:
Intuition, the most powerful tool in you
If you observe my posts, I always keep away from making decisions for people. Why? I want you to make the decision yourself; unfortunately, many want to take robotic commands.

Do pilots instead of taking robotic commands
In regards to veggie, you can ask for opinions on NL. But at the end, you need to make a decision. This is where intuition comes in. What is your inner mind telling you to do? It is unfortunate many have killed their inner minds. They do not know how to listen to themselves. In fact, too much noise goes behind the scene in the lives of many. At times, you just want to push things, but you must have signals that should guide you. Know when to stop. Learn to listen to every tick the seconds hand of your mind's clock ticks.

I understand almost every agricultural person here look forward to read my posts. Well, yours truly really appreciate it. But the truth may be packaged in an unpleasant box many times. That truth, I must still deliver through my posts.

Whatever you sow, you will reap
This is a truth I am grateful has been deposited in me since I was a toddler. We seem to easily forget this truth, but the truth will always be the truth. You know that I can go on hours of debate if I still have a benefit of doubt. Or even years......I may endure. But the moment I get the signal, I am just a person who involuntarily moves away.

If you truly want to achieve unimaginable success, you just must try new things. I read the recent article of Ovation chief editor, Dele Momodu about his opinion on the aspiration of Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu in regards to becoming the next Nigerian president, and I was so impressed with his analysis. Yeah! Dele is very right. Only intuitive people understand it. But the truth is: nobody knows the mind of Asiwaju. And that is a characteristic of a true leader. No one knew he was going to support Buhari until the last minute. No one knew he was going to choose Osinbajo as the VP until the last minute. And Ambode got the shock of his life the very last minute. Though, I supported Ambode that time. Lol. This same way, no one will ever know his mind until the very last minute. That is a man of strong intuition. Without him, Buhari is zero. Read my words again, without Tinubu, Buhari is nothing. Even Buhari was afraid of him, and did not know his mind till the very last minute that he stepped face to face with him in Aso Rock villa before telling him that he would be his rock again. Many words arent the mind of most people.

Get on a very good pilot. I always tell people...if you want to know if greenhouse is profitable or not, get the cultivar and try it at your backyard. Just be patient. The seeds may be expensive, but close your eyes, buy, and try them.

Patience is the KEY
You must be able to have patient for 30 days before you transplant just 10 to 20 plants. Then wait patiently for 70 - 90 days just before tomato plants or pepper start producing fruits. In addition, you get your apparatus and start recording details of your pilot. How long is the harvest? The harvest may be 9 months, but the answer you are looking for might be gotten during the first week of harvest, or after rounds of harvest. Can you be patient enough for 3 - 6 months to get the answer you are looking for instead of looking for robotic commands on NL?

You have to decide what you want to do. If you can last long under the sun, good. That is you. You are a camel and I am happy for you. But if you are not, and you forcefully do open field on a large area of land, you are planning and excellently executing your failure.

Reading Reviews
I do it many times. You are going with the majority. But know fully well that the road to huge success is a lonely road. Let your instinct tell you the way forward. When you want to decide which brand of seed to use, let your inner mind lead you. And then, confirm it with a very good pilot.

You do not necessarily need to do what I do. This is why I teach concepts and not robotic commands. This is why I dont write chemicals on public forums, it is the reason I dont even make seed recommendations. I avoided it in my old posts, but I decided to release some here because the request was getting too much, and it started to look like I was not ready to open up. Well, no matter the depth of secrets you release, no matter the quality of info you give out, those who will gain zero are still going to be the majority.

Learn Veggie very well
You cannot be poor, or lack if you know veggie. In fact, you will never understand why some still wear rope on their necks and put on jacket in this hot sun going to work 8am - 6pm, 5 days in a week. You may not be extremely rich, but the confidence will always be there that you are not going to suffer. No matter how bad Nigeria is, you will be able to take care of your family. You are producing food. Let inflation be 100%, people will still eat.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 9:53am On Oct 29, 2019
Boss, Demon f1 can fruits for how many month continuously without break? Hadiza said it can produce for 3 year or until I'm tired of harvest grin
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2019
I'm currently nursing angel f1 from technisem to compare demon f1 cheesy
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2019
FMCASH:
Funny.
It's an angel vs demon war!

2 Likes

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
FMCASH:
Boss, Demon f1 can fruits for how many month continuously without break? Hadiza said it can produce for 3 year or until I'm tired of harvest grin
The honest truth is that I will never try any demon on my farm. The name is a turn off. Lol. I know it produces well cos I saw it, but I dont know further. And I will never try to know. I might want to consider knowing about Angel f1.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
U
FMCASH:
how much did you get the demon f1
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:17pm On Oct 29, 2019
FMCASH:
You say it's pungent? Then it's not chilli pepper.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:56am On Oct 30, 2019
Tomato will make you a richer farmer than Cucumber. Think more about Greenhouse
The challenge with cucumber is that it is a very delicate vine. And if you are doing slicing cucumber, you will hit rock very soon if you are close to Mile 12 market. I dont know about other markets, but if you are in Lagos and the price of mile 12 affects your area, start moving away from cucumber because we, "the abokis" are going to rattle you with loads of containers from the north. It is our domain. Clear off the road because we are coming back to business as soon as this rain is over. Get off mile 12 market.

The only way you can survive is to bring very dark green colour and make sure they are first grade cukes. Maybe you can sell at N2.5k to N3.5k per bag.

But I advise you all to learn tomato. Run away from 3rd grade tomato tagged as Lagos and Ogun tomato if you want to compete well. Well, you cn still make money but if you have to do these, dont not try it in dry season. They are all Technisem and East Eest tomato seeds. If you try Platimum in dry season, you will regret it because its value will be poor in market. I am telling you. If is better you.buy very cheap Roma and learn to treat your soil and make it good with low yield than using any Technisem and east west during dry season. The value is too low. They are Lagos and Ogun. Lol.

Do not compromise, do not use cheap seeds. And do not be foo.lish to buy extremely expensive seeds. Go for quality seeds. I am telling you the truth that no one I have really seen on nairaland who can cultivate tomato. I know what I am saying. And I have not met the one person who can do bell pepper and very delicate cucumber for expats.

If you want to do greenhouse, feel free to import kits by yourself if you can. If you get the right seeds, you will be successful. Be ready to wait for 7 to 9 months before you recover all your investments and then after, you will be swimming in profit if you have huge money to invest. If you plan to grow gradually, you will not make much initially because every time you add a new greenhouse, you are removing from your profit. But you can still make reasonable gain with just 1 kit. It is about assurance, convenience, and peace of mind.

You have your choice to make. To struggle and do it like the poor consultant brain washing you, or you to do a pilot which can assure you of success. If you are a stingy person, keep to low cost of production, rely more on your workers, and live in penury.

Fact; Habanero and Chilli will never make you rich. This I am confident of. If you like come and attack me. You are wasting your time with habanero and chilli if you really want to shoot high if you are targeting open market. Of course, I know rich people doing habanero and chilli, but go and check them out....over 95% doing them are hustlers. So why do you think you will not be in the rat race too? There are still deep secrets you dont know about these crops. Chilli can frustrate you during harvest. That is one reason you will lose bitterly. But there are crops that if you get right, you are in millions. These are crops people run away from. These are delicate crops.

Why do you think the price if Cu999 is low im SW? If you are in SW, let the idea of using CU999 slide off your mind. Although, it is a strong one, but cannot make you Rich. Do not try it in December to March if you dont want to be wounded financially.

A word is enough for the wise. Use quality seeds. Please, I dont sell anything oooooo.....so do not come ask me the price of anything. Go to market and make inquiries. Anyone I choose to partner with, we know how we will handle ourselves.

Also, I do not visit farms. And I am not a consultant or manager for anyone. I am doing what God has put in my mind to do for people who are ready to chase away poverty. Remember....poverty is a bas.tard.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

You do not need anything to pollinate murano. I believe you all interpreted wrongly my explanation on in this issue. And the problem is that many just follow blindly. Why pollinate murano?

Dark green will drop to N1 5kand light to N1k by the time
Bala, Musa, Sule and Tanko start moving their products from Kaduma, Zaria, Sokoto, and Kano to Mile 12. Pray to never meet their containers of cucumber the period you are supplying yours. Or find market elsewhere and leave mile 12 alone during dry season.

Do a very good pilot before going for 1 ha.

Pls...I dont want yo continue posting here again. I dont like derailing threads of people. And I dont want to endorse.anyone. if you have any question....kindly to my threads. Thanks.

Okay. I'm really confused right now. Are you saying by the dry season the cost of cucumber will drop to 1.tk per bag because that's when suppliers from the North will bring their produce to Mile 12.
If so, I was thinking of going to Oyinbo market at Yaba and maybe some other market maybe at Lekki or are you advising me to move my products to another part of Nigeria say South South or South East?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

You do not need anything to pollinate murano. I believe you all interpreted wrongly my explanation on in this issue. And the problem is that many just follow blindly. Why pollinate murano?

Bala, Musa, Sule and Tanko start moving their products from Kaduma, Zaria, Sokoto, and Kano to Mile 12. Pray to never meet their containers of cucumber the period you are supplying yours. Or find market elsewhere and leave mile 12 alone during dry season.

Pls...I dont want yo continue posting here again. I dont like derailing threads of people. And I dont want to endorse.anyone. if you have any question....kindly to my threads. Thanks.

Okay. I'm really confused right now. Are you saying by the dry season the cost of cucumber will drop to 1.tk per bag because that's when suppliers from the North will bring their produce to Mile 12.
If so, I was thinking of going to Oyinbo market at Yaba and maybe some other market maybe at Lekki or are you advising me to move my products to another part of Nigeria say South South or South East? @okoroemeka please come in here oo
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 30, 2019
LoFarms:

If so, I was thinking of going to Oyinbo market at Yaba and maybe some other market maybe at Lekki or are you advising me to move my products to another part of Nigeria say South South or South East?

Why would you move cucumber from SW to SS/SE or vice versa? You can only do such if you have gorillas working together who can destroy the market to their favor like abokis. Do not take my words, go and do real findings.

Open your eyes. Cant you see that nairaland farmers are silent about cucumber during this rainy season? Cant you see that they were making mouth in July. Lol. When last did you have serious rain in March to August in SW? Rain really starts in September for the past 6 years. This is the effect of importing old vehicles and many are used in Lagos. The kind of smoke generated by diesel and gas generator in homes is affecting rain pattern. As I am posting this, it is just raining in Lagos. And look at the flood. There was no rain until last week.....just 1 week rain. But go to Ibadan, rain has been bombarding the place since September. Calabar has been with serious rain since March with just little rain break. Benin is with real rain too. Lagos was seriously dry....but just look at what 1 week rain has done.

Downy mildew is killing farmers, flood destroying farms. Hausas dont disturb themselves during this period. They always diversify into grain during heavy rain period. This is why you will make some profit then. You may try it..Go and jam abokis during December to April in Mile 12 or its surrounding markets even up to most markets in Ogun..you will sing hallelujah. I do not know about SE or SS market....but if mile 12 has direct impact on the price of your cucumber, stay away for now. Enter gradually.

Good luck!
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

Why would you move cucumber from SW to SS/SE or vice versa? You can only do such if you have gorillas working together who can destroy the market to their favor like abokis. Do not take my words, go and do real findings.

Open your eyes. Cant you see that nairaland farmers are silent about cucumber during this rainy season? Cant you see that they were making mouth in July. Lol. When last did you have serious rain in March to August in SW? Rain really starts in September for the past 6 years. This is the effect of importing old vehicles and many are used in Lagos. The kind of smoke generated by diesel and gas generator in homes is affecting rain pattern. As I am posting this, it is just raining in Lagos. And look at the flood. There was no rain until last week.....just 1 week rain. But go to Ibadan, rain has been bombarding the place since September. Calabar has been with serious rain since March with just little rain break. Benin is with real rain too. Lagos was seriously dry....but just look at what 1 week rain has done.

Downy mildew is killing farmers, flood destroying farms. Hausas dont disturb themselves during this period. They always diversify into grain during heavy rain period. This is why you will make some profit then. You may try it..Go and jam abokis during December to April in Mile 12 or its surrounding markets even up to most markets in Ogun..you will sing hallelujah. I do not know about SE or SS market....but if mile 12 has direct impact on the price of your cucumber, stay away for now. Enter gradually.

Good luck!

Sir you've been giving me problems I'll face with no real solution asides go to the market and find out. Not to be disrespectful but I believe there are things you've done to keep yourself in the game for this long. Please if there's please share.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2019
LoFarms:

Sir you've been giving me problems I'll face with no real solution asides go to the market and find out. Not to be disrespectful but I believe there are things you've done to keep yourself in the game for this long. Please if there's please share.
Like what solution do you want to know if you do not want to research your market very well?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by FMCASH(m): 12:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Olaleyeabdullah:
U how much did you get the demon f1
#4000 for 5 grams
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

Like what solution do you want to know if you do not want to research your market very well?

So your solution is for me to go do research, try , fail regret then meant the hard way, right?
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2019
LoFarms:

So your solution is for me to go do research, try , fail regret then meant the hard way, right?

I do not deal with negative people. If you believe you will fail and regret it, goodluck.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by pheonixdld2(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2019
cheesy gringrin shocked grin
Pistotita:

I do not deal with negative people. If you believe you will fail and regret it, goodluck.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

Sir, if you read most of the replies you have me, you've been telling me the issues I'll face, which is good, but the problem is you end by saying I should sit down and research or go to the market and find out.
I went to the market and gave you the update, still I've not seen where you said, this is the problem, this is the solution I tried and worked maybe you should try it.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
LoFarms:

Sir, if you read most of the replies you have me, you've been telling me the issues I'll face, which is good, but the problem is you end by saying I should sit down and research or go to the market and find out.
I went to the market and gave you the update, still I've not seen where you said, this is the problem, this is the solution I tried and worked maybe you should try it.

Sir, which season are you now? Are you in dry season? Is rain still not bombarding everywhere? Did you read where I wrote that it's good in rainy season? Are you already in December? Did you meet hausa containers in Mile 12 loaded with cucumber now. Go there in December when your cucumber is going to be out, just know that I have warned you.

I do t argue with people. Experience will teach you. Dont worry. Continue arguing sir.

And which update did you give me in all your posts? If you dont research, how do you get solution? Or do you think I can defeat Bala union Audu union Sule union Abubarkar union Musa?.Or do you think I.am.hiding any solution from you? I will rather shift for them since I know they enjoy subsidy. And they are so United.

I advise you to make sure your cukes are first grade. Also start finding markets around your area. I have hinted you what you are going to face..
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

Sir, which season are you now? Are you in dry season? Is rain still not bombarding everywhere? Did you read where I wrote that it's good in rainy season? Are you already in December? Did you meet hausa containers in Mile 12 loaded with cucumber now. Go there in December when your cucumber is going to be out, just know that I have warned you.

I do t argue with people. Experience will teach you. Dont worry. Continue arguing sir.

And which update did you give me in all your posts? If you dont research, how do you get solution? Or do you think I can defeat Bala union Audu union Sule union Abubarkar union Musa?.Or do you think I.am.hiding any solution from you? I will rather shift for them since I know they enjoy subsidy. And they are so United.

I advise you to make sure your cukes are first grade. Also start finding markets around your area. I have hinted you what you are going to face..

Thank you sir you've been very helpful. I'll put your advice into action. I'm planting Murano 10 and Marketer 1 ratio
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
LoFarms:

Thank you sir you've been very helpful. I'll put your advice into action. I'm planting Murano 10 and Marketer 1 ratio

I believe I gave you direct clear answer to the combo of Murano and marketer you want to use. Good luck with your plan.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
Pistotita:

I believe I gave you direct clear answer to the combo of Murano and marketer you want to use. Good luck with your plan.

No you didn't you just said that Murano doesn't need pollination but pruning
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 2:57am On Oct 31, 2019
LoFarms:

No you didn't you just said that Murano doesn't need pollination but pruning

Read below:

LoFarms:

What will your advice be on starting on 1hect.
We are planting on going for Murano 2 F1 ratio 10 to 1 Marketer
Reason been that the Marketer helps pollinate the Murano.
But I understand what you're saying about pruning for Murano else we will just harvest 3 times in a life span. Is there a way I get see how to prune Murano.
Any advice right now is needed.

Thanks
Also I have been to Mile12 market today and what they like is Dark Green Cucumber against the stripped white CU999 which sells for 2k per bag and when the market is saturated 1.5k per bag but dark greens go for 3.5k per bag to 4.5k per bag during this season not even the dry season.

Pistotita:

You had asked the following and also my response:

LoFarms:

Baba thank you! All the information I need. But how do I optimize my products with Murano I heard it has pollination issues that I may need to sprinkle it with boiled sugar.

Pistotita:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin it makes sense. Its a bait for pollinators like bees and butterflies. But the main challenge is usage of chemicals. Lol. Lure them with sweet and kill them with poison in chemicals.

Murano is a monster with female flower production. But you will notice that during hot season, male flowers start coming out seriously during mid harvest period. Not so good.

The truth is that with number of flowers coming out of murano, only nearby apiary can do the job excellently. The efficiency of murano without nearby apiary is like 25% max.

Please, prune it seriously, else, you will experience over 97% flower abortion. After every harvest, like 6 to 10 nodes upward on the main stem with all secondary branch nodes all are always aborted making total of around 30 female flowers.

Aim at 6 fruits per plant and you are a champ. Make it 7 to 10 and you are a chief commander of cucumber growers.

I've quoted your question on the thread, and my response. Work on how his you interprete what you read. This is why many farmers fail. For the whole explanation I gave on that thread, please read this thread again:

https://www.nairaland.com/5495953/daily-price-information-mile-12#83605563
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 31, 2019
Let Market guide you
I will give you three scenarios here. All these people below are my real people. I love them. They are wonderful.

1. She phoned me from Benin. She had contacted me like 10 months ago, but we lost communication. And later she got me again. She was just into cucumber because of what she read on NL. And then, she mentioned something which prompted me to tell her to go to market and ask about 5 veggies. What I love about her is that she doesn't argue. She went. But she went to cucumber slicing people and those ones discouraged her not to grow the kind of veggies I told her about. I was so firm that I told her to not listen and return. I knew she was reluctant. The following day on her way, she sent me SMS and I replied. Then, 40 mins later she said it was the reply that made her turn back that there seemed to be no clear path with those veggies. That was when I told her not to write me again unless she carried out my instruction without arguing. She returned in the evening with great news. And she felt she was dreaming. The figure were insanely impossible, but that was the reality. A reality she got by herself and she could not believe. If I had told her, she would have shouted I was exaggerating. The Aboki told her that..." madam, I will buy all". All of the veggie I told her. And then told her that she should go and get 6 million to construct a greenhouse. The person is here on NL. I laugh when people just post senselessly here. How did I know about the veggie? I told her to go to market, and she had gone earlier. Then after, she gave me feedback. From her report, I saw the prices and I knew that there is very good chance that she will be able to sell certain kind of veggies. So, I told her the veggies to research. If she had not gone to market, I would not have been able to help her.

2. She phoned me from N.America. Her budget was not robust, but she was willing to make market research. Via phone she instructed her contacts on ground. What I like about her is that she understands the importance of using figures to make decision. I was on the phone for like 4 hours (quite unusual of me) analysing the whole thing. It was so clear to her that she knew the right path to go. From figures, she made decision on who to work with, and who to let go. Let figures show you the path to take.

3. I wanted to go into a new section of business. With figures, it was promising especially because I saw an opportunity to be an early entrant, and most likely might monopolize the market. But after analysing the market, and after talking to agents in the business, I realised it was not a good one. I realised that I cannot control my business with them as partners or staff members. AND the day they rebel, that is the day I am going to lose all. No matter how someone is good or kind, if the person is not willing to be your staff, let the person go. Support the person in whatever way the person wants to go. That has been my philosophy. I always support my staff members. I do not fight them no matter the situation. If you meet anyone who deserves to be a consultant, and the fellow stylushly tells you he is a consultant, do not ever make the mistake of turning the person to a full time worker of yours. You are playing with fire. It does not mean the person is bad. Let the person be the owner he/she wants to be. So, I backed out like a gentleman without spoiling my relationship with all the people involved. It is very easy.....Do not do what you are not comfortable with no matter how promising the business is. This reminds me of someone I also was trying to push the idea of doing inorganic along organic to. She stood her ground in many areas. But I love her more because she is someone who sees into the future too. She realised the reason I suggested inorganic. I guess she looked at her cash flow and market, and arrived at a conclusion.

So, why are you here asking about market when market is around you? Are you afraid of approaching people to ask questions? Are you? What is wrong with you that at the sound of "go and do market research" you almost want to explode that the person is insulting, or not answering your questions?

Why cant you take your pen and start listing all the expenses that you are aware of, instead of looking for one consultant to "dash" you? Yeah! It might be cumbersome, but someone like me will give you hints and even contacts that you can go and check out from. But Nigeia is a funny nation. You always want to treat everyone like those artisans. You want me to list A to Z for you, so you can go and check with others if I padded mine. Lol. How are you sure mine is a good list? Instead of you to learn the theory first and understand the needed materials, all your interest is to get lists of needed materials so you can quickly go check around. Dont carry that to my side. When I see that zeal and interest in you, I will download many info on your phone. But first, get out there and do your work. Get seriously involved and do not depend on any consultant. Gone are the days you can do that. These days, you better be your own consultant. Scammers are everywhere.

Personally, I dont deal with consultants. I have the ability to research anything and become my own consultant. And if I find anyone who is opened to guide me, great. In fact, you will gain seriously while I am making research because I will be coming up with serious questions that will make you think deep. And I am always looking for concepts. I love people who can answer the question "why". And if you notice, I always answer the question "why". This is the concept. Why do you apply this at this time, and not that? You must know it, and not just copy someone else. Why do I prune this cultivar, and I don't prune another cultivar?

Do you know that downy mildew can be serious during dry season also on cucumber? Hahahahha! Let us talk about that another time.
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 11, 2019
Cancer Is Real
There are powerful veggies which fight cancer. You should learn organic gardening. I encourage you to sell inorganic for profit, but if you love yourself, go into organic production for yourself.

Berries are known to be good antioxidants, but there are super food you can grow which are better than berries, and are cheaper.

When you are fighting chronic diseases, you better start eating organic powerful antioxidants and diseases fighters. I assure anyone who is treating any kind of infection to swap to this lifestyle. You will have the reason to give God the glory.

It is now dry season and this should be pilot period for small scale farmers. Only commercial farmers should go big at this time. However, I notice many newbies farmers are gearing up to go in with full force now. Very wrong approach.

Learn how to farm when others are on vacation as a small scale farmer. It comes with experience.

Best of luck!
Re: 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant by dmz1: 11:53am On Nov 11, 2019
Oga pistotita, how may I get the Beit Alpha cucumber seed. I am near Enugu

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29)

SNAKE FARM ? {pic} :-\ / 5-Star Luxurious Ram & Goat Barn With AC & DSTV (Photos, Video) / price-list for all day old birds in Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.