Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,532 members, 7,843,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (68085 Views)

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
TATIME:
Thanks buda for this historical research!
All of these is of no use to the so called born agains of nowadays, all they just want to hear is that whatever Jesus talked about with a tone of favoritism belongs to theme!
So instead of going for further research to fully grasp what actually happened back then, they are claiming Jesus is speaking to each of them in person. And to worsen the matter, their so called Revelations contradicts one another, yet they're still claiming God purposely arranged it like that! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Therefore any insinuation of one single channel infiltrates the fury in them as they just want everyone to keep saying "even though we continue contradicting ourselves, it is well in Jesus name" undecided undecided undecided
Did you no see "your friend" cut his own throat?
I must worship least more die.

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2019
TATIME:
That is why we are saying only our organization have the TRUTH!
All the Apostles including Paul died before 90ce, John only survived because Jesus promised to reveal some sacred secrets to the congregation through John. John 21:22-23
You need to make research to know how and when the Apostles died, so that all of these won't be strange to you!
There is no organisation in this world that is worthy to hinge once faith upon. Our faith should be in Jesus Christ and His words written in the Scriptures. ECWA, Baptist, Deeper life, Redeemed Christian fellowship etc are not infallible just as any other organizations. Only the word of God is perfect and should be obeyed without question.

I would build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it says Jesus Christ.

You will discover that there is no single Scripture that says the authority of the church will be handled by any single organisation. This so called organisation is usurping the power of the Scriptures, claiming to be the only true organisation. Is that really the truth? And what is the basis of that conclusion?

Shalom!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2019
budaatum:

Did you no see "your friend" cut his own throat?
I must worship least more die.
I have repeatedly mentioned that there were several religious sects in Judea during the time of Jesus.
John the baptist also gathered another group but he claimed that he has not come to establish his own group rather he has come to prepare the way for Jehovah, just as Isaiah prophesied centuries before then. Mark 1:3 John 1:23 Isaiah 40:3 Malachi 3:1
When the religious rivals sent messengers to John, he did not keep them in suspense. He quickly cleared their minds that he is not the Messiah{Christ}. John 1:19-27
So they all felt a great relief because John had earlier uttered a judgmental speech against all these sects. Matthew 3:7-10
They concluded that if he is not the Christ, then his words are of little or no significant.
When Jesus suddenly appeared and began His ministry, everyone could easily sense that this is the Messiah {John 3:1-2} even John asked his own disciples to follow Jesus whom he called the lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world. John 1:29,26
So the tension began!
The Messiah is here but which of the five existing groups will He approve as doing fine?
Jesus just went of and start his own GROUP, even John's disciples became jealous! John 3:26
But John declared to them openly that Jesus' GROUP will continue to increase while his own decreases because Jesus is the Messiah so John's followers must go and join Jesus' GROUP! John 3: 28-30
So all the remaining GROUP started agitating that they're not going to dispass their followers because of Jesus! John 11:48 12:19
That was why all these rival groups formed alliance against Jesus and His GROUP!
Satan is the brain behind all these!
He is now vicious than ever before, so let them continue to agitate while we continue to preach and teach that Jehovah is ONE person, HE sent his ONLY begotten son and so there shouldn't be more than ONE single group worshiping Jehovah in accord with the teachings of HIS son.
And it is no other group than Jehovah's Witnesses!
So whoever wants to die because of that can die now, we will rather fear God than man, we will not say it is ok when it is not.
There is ONE Lord, ONE Faith, ONE Baptism.Ephesians 4:5
Whoever is not baptised under the umbrella of our Organization is surely worshiping a God "just like Maximus said" But such a person is certainly NOT worshiping our own God JEHOVAH. Period! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

There is no organisation in this world that is worthy to hinge once faith upon. Our faith should be in Jesus Christ and His words written in the Scriptures. ECWA, Baptist, Deeper life, Redeemed Christian fellowship etc are not infallible just as any other organizations. Only the word of God is perfect and should be obeyed without question.

I would build my Church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it says Jesus Christ.

You will discover that there is no single Scripture that says the authority of the church will be handled by any single organisation. This so called organisation is usurping the power of the Scriptures, claiming to be the only true organisation. Is that really the truth? And what is the basis of that conclusion?

Shalom!
I remember that Maximus answered those two questions in previous posts!
The truth is there are individuals who love to worship with their fellow humans, but don't want any further commitment. You will find many of them around the neighbourhood, and if we find such persons in our midst, we will direct them to go and join the none denominationals. They belong to your side!
There are also individuals who will give it all it takes to worship with their fellow humans where there is strong commitment as in bond amongst the worshipers. These are the ones we're searching for. So if you notice such a person in your neighbourhood, please help us tell him/her "you belong to the GROUP of Jehovah's Witnesses" because we will locate him and our presentation will hook him!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2019
TATIME:
I remember that Maximus answered those two questions in previous posts!
The truth is there are individuals who love to worship with their fellow humans, but don't want any further commitment. You will find many of them around the neighbourhood, and if we find such persons in our midst, we will direct them to go and join the none denominationals. They belong to your side!
There are also individuals who will give it all it takes to worship with their fellow humans where there is strong commitment as in bond amongst the worshipers. These are the ones we're searching for. So if you notice such a person in your neighbourhood, please help us tell him/her "you belong to the GROUP of Jehovah's Witnesses" because we will locate him and our presentation will hook him!

Only Jesus could have said it better!
Mat 23:15:
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 06, 2019
shadeyinka:

Only Jesus could have said it better!
Mat 23:15:
"Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for you compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, you make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
That's Jesus' statement for sure and it always suit our hearts when people quote His words for us.
Thanks shadeyinka.
May the TRUE God bless you abundantly for quoting the words of our Lord and King!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:01am On Jun 07, 2019
TATIME:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
That's Jesus' statement for sure and it always suit our hearts when people quote His words for us.
Thanks shadeyinka.
May the TRUE God bless you abundantly for quoting the words of our Lord and King!
The only problem is, I doubt we share the same Jesus!

3 Likes

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:31am On Jun 07, 2019
shadeyinka:

The only problem is, I doubt we share the same Jesus!
That's no problem Sir!
Jesus said there are just two roads. Matthew 7:13-14
(1) The broad way. This road is wide and spacious so you can switch to any lane of your choice on this broad road.
(2) The narrow way. This road is just a single lane therefore you can't switch nowhere than to follow strictly behind those in front of you.
The same Jesus later said many people will call him Lord and even perform mighty works in His name, yet He will disown them as "workers of iniquity or lawlessness" Matthew 7:21-23
So it is clear that Jesus himself knew before now that there will be lots of misconceptions regarding His teachings when He declared Himself as THE WAY{ John 14:6} therefore it's left for each person to examine himself and his personal analogy about Jesus if one is on the BROAD or NARROW way! 1John 4:1
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:05am On Jun 07, 2019
TATIME:
That's no problem Sir!
Jesus said there are just two roads. Matthew 7:13-14
(1) The broad way. This road is wide and spacious so you can switch to any lane of your choice on this broad road.
(2) The narrow way. This road is just a single lane therefore you can't switch nowhere than to follow strictly behind those in front of you.
The same Jesus later said many people will call him Lord and even perform mighty works in His name, yet He will disown them as "workers of iniquity or lawlessness" Matthew 7:21-23
So it is clear that Jesus himself knew before now that there will be lots of misconceptions regarding His teachings when He declared Himself as THE WAY{ John 14:6} therefore it's left for each person to examine himself and his personal analogy about Jesus if one is on the BROAD or NARROW way! 1John 4:1
I guess you are still assuming that we refer to the same Jesus:
Your Jesus is a certain Angel Micheal who is supposed to be the brother of Satan.

My own Jesus is NOT an Angel, He is the WORD and GOD almighty who created everything seen and unseen including Angels Gabriel, Micheal and Even Lucifer. He the same one who came in flesh to Abraham with two of His angels to speak about Sodom and Gomorrah.

We serve two different Jesus Christ: and your ways is not Different from that of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star or the Mormons. Birds of the same feather!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 07, 2019
shadeyinka:

I guess you are still assuming that we refer to the same Jesus:
Your Jesus is a certain Angel Micheal who is supposed to be the brother of Satan.

My own Jesus is NOT an Angel, He is the WORD and GOD almighty who created everything seen and unseen including Angels Gabriel, Micheal and Even Lucifer. He the same one who came in flesh to Abraham with two of His angels to speak about Sodom and Gomorrah.

We serve two different Jesus Christ: and your ways is not Different from that of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star or the Mormons. Birds of the same feather!
Well i've been following this thread from page one, and i think you and Maximus have both made enough presentations to help all followers see the differences between the doctrines of JWs courtesy Maximus and Christendom courtesy shadeyinka.
If both of you were allowed to judge based on what you think of each others stand, i'm sure he couldn't have seen you any way better than what you just described.
One thing that i know is what Jesus Himself said "By their fruit, you will know"
Please let's leave the judgement in Jesus' hands, you and i know fully well that "Jesus is the BEST judge!"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 07, 2019
TATIME:
Well i've been following this thread from page one, and i think you and Maximus have both made enough presentations to help all followers see the differences between the doctrines of JWs courtesy Maximus and Christendom courtesy shadeyinka.
If both of you were allowed to judge based on what you think of each others stand, i'm sure he couldn't have seen you any way better than what you just described.
One thing that i know is what Jesus Himself said "By their fruit, you will know"
Please let's leave the judgement in Jesus' hands, you and i know fully well that "Jesus is the BEST judge!"
I wonder o!
He is always judgmental against whoever has contrary opinion.
Thank God everyone can see his attitude and the spirit he keep displaying. He can't just calmly present his beliefs without judging the opposite side. Every follower can see that you and JWs aren't on the same page.
So there is no point judging since you can't be a co~debator and at the same time the judge! cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
I wonder o!
He is always judgmental against whoever has contrary opinion.
Thank God everyone can see his attitude and the spirit he keep displaying. He can't just calmly present his beliefs without judging the opposite side. Every follower can see that you and JWs aren't on the same page.
So there is no point judging since you can't be a co~debator and at the same time the judge! cheesy
I really feel for him!
He is so hurt to the marrow seeing a group who are zealously preaching and teaching about Jesus, and not only that this group can fully explain what they're doing (globally) as one happy family, yet they don't give a bleep about all that he cherishes (miracles) which he claims to have performed in the name of that same Jesus!
So he is boiling hot inside just as i used to feel back then as a Muslim when i see people claiming they're worshipers of God, yet reject Muhammad. A witness read and narrated how Cain felt about Abel {Genesis 4:1-16} from that day onward i said to myself "if truthfully i'm on God's side, i need not feel this hurt simply because someone disagrees with me on religious doctrines" Luke 9:51-56 compared to John 4:20-22
Well Paul said it all { 1Corinthians 3:6-7} if he belongs to the fold i'm sure one day he will have a thorough meditation on all of these to reconsider why it is profitable to be swift in hearing, slow in response and slow to anger! James 1:19-20
So do not discourage him from arguing with JWs, who knows if that is his only saving grace. He may see reasons why we choose to be happy with one global group of like minded worshipers! 1Corinthians 1:10 Ephesians 4:3
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 07, 2019
TATIME:
I really feel for him!
He is so hurt to the marrow seeing a group who are zealously preaching and teaching about Jesus, and not only that this group can fully explain what they're doing (globally) as one happy family, yet they don't give a bleep about all that he cherishes (miracles) which he claims to have performed in the name of that same Jesus!
So he is boiling hot inside just as i used to feel back then as a Muslim when i see people claiming they're worshipers of God, yet reject Muhammad. A witness read and narrated how Cain felt about Abel {Genesis 4:1-16} from that day onward i said to myself "if truthfully i'm on God's side, i need not feel this hurt simply because someone disagrees with me on religious doctrines" Luke 9:51-56 compared to John 4:20-22
Well Paul said it all { 1Corinthians 3:6-7} if he belongs to the fold i'm sure one day he will have a thorough meditation on all of these to reconsider why it is profitable to be swift in hearing, slow in response and slow to anger! James 1:19-20
So do not discourage him from arguing with JWs, who knows if that is his only saving grace. He may see reasons why we choose to be happy with one global group of like minded worshipers! 1Corinthians 1:10 Ephesians 4:3
Tatime! Tatime!! Tatime!!!
You know i always love reading your comments a lot.
Hmmm, no wonder budaatum {a former atheist} feels like having you always participating in all that is been said in the forum. That's what i've leant from you within the past few months CALMNESS in the face of fierce Criticism.
Thanks for the enlightenment my good brother, God bless you!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
Tatime! Tatime!! Tatime!!!
You know i always love reading your comments a lot.
Hmmm, no wonder budaatum {a former atheist} feels like having you always participating in all that is been said in the forum. That's what i've leant from you within the past few months CALMNESS in the face of fierce Criticism.
Thanks for the enlightenment my GOOD brother, God bless you!
Na na na na na na! undecided undecided undecided
Maximus, only JEHOVAH is GOOD! Mark 10:18
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 07, 2019
TATIME:
Na na na na na na! undecided undecided undecided
Maximus, only JEHOVAH is GOOD! Mark 10:18
You see what i just said? undecided
You just keep beating my intelligence brother!
No wonder Paul said we should imitate some gifted brothers in the Organization. Hebrew 13:7
Jehovah's Witnesses, Thank you o!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 10:14am On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:

Hmmm, no wonder budaatum {a former atheist} feels like having you always participating in all that is been said in the forum.
I actually wonder why argue about words in a book they all believe but do not practise amongst one another.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 10:16am On Jun 07, 2019
TATIME:

An appropriate response!

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Emusan(m): 11:28am On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
I wonder o! He is always judgmental against whoever has contrary opinion.
Thank God everyone can see his attitude and the spirit he keep displaying. He can't just calmly present his beliefs without judging the opposite side.
Every follower can see that you and JWs aren't on the same page.

TATIME: Well i've been following this thread from page one, and i think you and Maximus have both made enough presentations to help all followers see the differences between the doctrines of JWs courtesy Maximus and Christendom courtesy shadeyinka.

See hypocrisy written all over their statements.

When it pleases them they turn themselves to God by judging others and condemn them as fake Jesus' followers but when they were pressed they tell you, you are judgmental against those who have contrary opinion to yours and please let's leave the judgement to the hands of Jesus as Jesus is the BEST judge.

Yet these are the people who see themselves as the only TRUE WORSHIPPERS of God.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 07, 2019
budaatum:

I actually wonder why argue about words in a book they all believe but do not practise amongst one another.
The word BELIEVE eludes their intellect. Because it connotes something AGREED upon like a DEFINITION. Matthew 18:20
So in the actual sense, if two or three persons gather together and they can't come to a conclusive agreement binding on all concerned, definitely they don't BELIEVE in that gathering as worthwhile!
That is why they continued to mock Jesus and they keep scattering {Matthew 12:30} as they are deceiving on another after disagreeing on serious sacred matters! You will hear them say 'we're worshiping the same Jesus' but it's evident that that's not what each of them truthfully have in mind!
Adam and Eve ate the fruit of good and evil, this means each of them have concluded in their minds NEVER to take instructions from their creator anymore. Those following their footsteps are referred to as teachers or students of human traditions, they believe in setting personal standards, that is why they can't come together as on happy global family like JWs.
Shadeyinka said 'i worship with ECWA but church doctrine don't define me' meaning you shouldn't expect 100% compliance from me regarding the teachings of any church. Whereas he claims to believe that the church is under the supervision of Jesus!
So why NOT in 100% compliance to the church that's monitored by Christ?
The answer is 'he wants to be independent like Adam and Eve, to set personal standards on rights and wrong' which is the main cause of the incessant friction you're seeing in their midst!
We are Jehovah's Witnesses, whoever detests 100% compliance to the standard agreed upon, there is no way such can worship our own God acceptably! Ephesians 4:5-6 wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 07, 2019
Emusan:

See hypocrisy written all over their statements.
When it pleases them they turn themselves to God by judging others and condemn them as fake Jesus' followers but when they were pressed they tell you, you are judgmental against those who have contrary opinion to yours and please let's leave the judgement to the hands of Jesus as Jesus is the BEST judge.
Yet these are the people who see themselves as the only TRUE WORSHIPPERS of God.
Why do you people love falsely accusing others?
Jehovah's Witnesses aren't saying 'we're the only true worshipers of God'
Of course there are many Gods and many Lords! 1Corinthians 8:5
You can claim that yours is the one and only true one just as your friend said earlier.
But as regards JEHOVAH our own God, you can't possibly worship him without 100% compliance to the standards and principles agreed upon within us. Matthew 16:19
That is EXACTLY what we're saying, so don't get it twisted Sir! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 11:54am On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
The word BELIEVE eludes their intellect. Because it connotes something AGREED upon like a DEFINITION. Matthew 18:20
So in the actual sense, if two or three persons gather together and they can't come to a conclusive agreement binding on all concerned, definitely they don't BELIEVE in that gathering as worthwhile!
That is why they continued to mock Jesus and they keep scattering {Matthew 12:30} as they are deceiving on another after disagreeing on serious sacred matters! You will hear them say 'we're worshiping the same Jesus' but it's evident that that's not what each of them truthfully have in mind!
Adam and Eve ate the fruit of good and evil, this means each of them have concluded in their minds NEVER to take instructions from their creator anymore. Those following their footsteps are referred to as teachers or students of human traditions, they believe in setting personal standards, that is why they can't come together as on happy global family like JWs.
Shadeyinka said 'i worship with ECWA but church doctrine don't define me' meaning you shouldn't expect 100% compliance from me regarding the teachings of any church. Whereas he claims to believe that the church is under the supervision of Jesus!
The answer is 'he wants to be independent like Adam and Eve, to set personal standards on rights and wrong' which is the main cause of the incessant friction you're seeing in their midst!
We are Jehovah's Witnesses, whoever detests 100% compliance to the standard agreed upon, there is no way such can worship our own God acceptably! Ephesians 4:5-6 wink
I only follow the Scripture below to no apology to any church or person.
Gal 1:8-9:
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel to you than that you have received, let him be accursed."

Just like the Jehovah's Witnesses in this regard are
1. The Mormons (The Church of the Latter days Saints)
2. Olumba Olumba (The Church of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star)
3. The Moonies

They all have a mandate to conform 100% to whatever their leadership speaks often in disharmony with the Scriptures.

I rest my case as this is your yardstick for being Christ's!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 07, 2019
shadeyinka:

I only follow the Scripture below to no apology to any church or person.
Gal 1:8-9:
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel to you than that you have received, let him be accursed."
Just like the Jehovah's Witnesses in this regard are
3. The Moonies
They all have a mandate to conform 100% to whatever their leadership speaks often in disharmony with the Scriptures.
I rest my case as this is your yardstick for being Christ's!
Micah 4:5 ! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Emusan(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
Why do you people love falsely accusing others?
Jehovah's Witnesses aren't saying 'we're the only true worshipers of God'
Of course there are many Gods and many Lords! 1Corinthians 8:5
You can claim that yours is the one and only true one just as your friend said earlier.
But as regards JEHOVAH our own God, you can't possibly worship him without 100% compliance to the standards and principles agreed upon within us. Matthew 16:19
That is EXACTLY what we're saying, so don't get it twisted Sir! wink

Frustration of a hypocrite!

You said to him "He can't just calmly present his beliefs without judging the opposite side."

How many times have you CALMLY PRESENTED your belief without judging the opposite side?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 12:07pm On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
Disbelieve and Know!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
Micah 4:5 ! wink
You are right and correct as the God you serve is also shared by the following organisations

3. The Moonies
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2019
Emusan:

I see the problem. I was told I can't be a Online JW self after showing my certification, and was told I'm "certainly NOT worshiping our own God JEHOVAH. Period! smiley smiley smiley" It is rather odd if the same person says, "leave the judgement in Jesus' hands".

Should one not think that when one is condemning?

Someone explain the essence of this verse to me please.

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 07, 2019
Emusan:

Frustration of a hypocrite!

You said to him "He can't just calmly present his beliefs without judging the opposite side."

How many times have you CALMLY PRESENTED your belief without judging the opposite side?
Well you're all dealing with a trained disciple of Jesus fully competent and completely equipped to handle matters! 2Timothy 3:15-17
This is internet, please you can quote any of my posts from the first page of this thread where i judge anyone apart from RESPECTFULLY and CALMLY presenting my beliefs! cheesy
Or would you say Hananiah, Mishael and Azariah {Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego~ Daniel 1:6-7} have judged King Nebuchadnezzar simple because they separated themselves as worshipers of another God during the worship that all other peoples complied with? Daniel 3:1-18 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2019
budaatum:

I see the problem. I was told I can't be a Online JW self after showing my certification, and was told I'm "certainly NOT worshiping our own God JEHOVAH. Period! smiley smiley smiley" It is rather odd if the same person says, "leave the judgement in Jesus' hands".

That's the point my dear!
You can now see that we're not forcing people to join us, neither are we stopping them from worshiping anyway they're pleased nor saying they are not worshiping God.
What we are saying is 'there are rules guiding our own form of worship, whoever is not in 100% compliance to the rules CANNOT possibly worship our own God acceptably' period!
So to worship our own God correctly, you must join our organization and comply with all the rules guiding our organization!
We don't care whatever you conclude afterwards, that's the standard and it will NEVER change! wink

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 12:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:
That's the point my dear!
You can now see that we're not forcing people to join us, neither are we stopping them from worshiping anyway they're pleased nor saying they are not worshiping God.
What we are saying is 'there are rules guiding our own form of worship, whoever is not in 100% compliance to the rules CANNOT possibly worship our own God acceptably' period!
So to worship our own God correctly, you must join our organization and comply with all the rules guiding our organization!
We don't care whatever you conclude afterwards, that's the standard and it will NEVER change! wink
A true Millwall Fan like me!

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2019
budaatum:

Let me quickly present OUR own practical application of the quoted scripture!
Jesus was teaching His disciples how to go out and preach about God's Kingdom.
They're still contemplating on the fierce opposition awaiting them courtesy Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes and other Rabbis.
They found a disciple{not one of the twelve} doing exactly what Jesus is teaching them to do.
Out of envy they wanted to stop him since he is not one of the 12.
Jesus corrected their views that the so called stranger is helping them doing what they ought to be doing with bravery.
After they became anointed with the holy spirit {Act 1:8 compared to Act 2:1-4} Jesus began dealing with the 12 in a special way so that whoever wants to work for Jesus must come to LEARN from them.
That was the foundation of the global organization! Revelation 21:14
So today whoever wants to work for Jesus MUST come and learn how to do so from his anointed servants. Whoever refuses is surely worshiping God but certainly NOT OUR OWN GOD!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by budaatum: 1:10pm On Jun 07, 2019
Maximus69:

I think this is what people tend to misunderstand. They think by "our own God" you mean the one God, completely failing to understand that there are many Gods or there'd be no reason to tell you not to worship them.

Some say God but mean themselves in whose image they create their Gods and tell one to bow to.

I know what to do.

Join the Online Witnesses for the Jealous Jehova.

[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+7%3A15-20&version=NKJV]Tickets[/url]
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2019
shadeyinka:

You are right and correct as the God you serve is also shared by the following organisations

3. The Moonies

Do you see what i mean? wink
Nobody forced you when you publicly agreed that you're worshiping the same God with all the other religious groups claiming Christians.
Now you're putting words to me regarding well established religious organizations who aren't complying with the rules of OUR OWN organization! cheesy

Well whatever you say is your own words NOT mine.

I've presented our believes publicly that 'anyone not complying 100% with the rules of our organization cannot possibly worship OUR OWN God acceptably.

While you on the other hand said your God could be worshiped in any church NOT compulsorily with ECWA!
Yet you're now saying that religious groups also claiming Christians and carrying Bibles are woshiping OUR OWN God whose rule are known by ONLY JWs!

Of course the consistency or inconsistency of each participant is becoming obvious to all followers of this wonderful thread!
Let's continue, shebi it's between you and me! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (77) (Reply)

Waking Up From Sleep With Thin Blade Marks On My Body. / Synagogue: Disciples Seize Assets, Put T.B Joshua’s Private Jet Up For Sale / Adeboye Gives New Instructions For RCCG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.