Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:23 AM

Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness - Religion (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness (68274 Views)

What Does Being A Jehovah Witness Entail? And Is There A Place I Can Read About / Commercial Driver Prays As A Muslim, Christian And Traditionalist Before A Trip / Is It Right To Be A Christian And Join Secret Society?; Pastor Shares Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2019
TATIME:
Did she believe in the Bible at all?
*She married an atheist, meaning she never cared about Bible's admonition regarding marrying ONLY Christians! 1Corinthians 7:39
*She has no husband to teach her what Christianity truly means, since Apostle Paul said Christian women should learn from their Christian husbands! 1Corinthians 14:35, Ephesians 5:24, 1Timothy 2:12

If she is not a Christian, how will she know that she supposed to remain silent when men are talking about scriptural doctrines?
Please Maximus, this is why Jesus said we keep quiet so as not to throw precious things like sacred matters before such persons like DOGS! Matthew 7:6
Hmmm, thank you brother!
She's an untamed daughter of Eve,to be totally ignored!
I know gradually i will learn how to apply all Bible' counsel one by one! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 6:39pm On Jun 09, 2019
Maximus69:
Whatever Sir, WHATEVER!
I've made myself clear enough because Jesus will never agree that a Pharisee is his brother since they're not of the same father! John 8:19, 44
As long as you believe that my Jesus differs from your Jesus, how on earth are we brothers?
If i say you're confused, you will will start cursing, insulting and abusing me.
Whereas the TRUTH is you and i aren't related by blood, business nor faith therefore how exactly are you my brother? cheesy
Jehovah's Witnesses thank you for teaching me the TRUTH! smiley
This shouldn't pain you my sister!
At least I've stopped calling you brother.

Remember that Jesus never called the Sadducees anything: He ignored them for much of His ministry.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

As far as I'm concerned, the note from nutarious wasn't directed at you. It was to me, and I have replied her!

As per the earlier heading : note!
I didn't recall I took permission nor consultation from you. The topic was such to prevent external interest in the discussion until we had finished our Question and answer session.

You know I told you before that your faith is very similar to the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star and the Mormons. All the adherents swallow whatever their governing body churn down the line, hence nothing is strange with your claim.
You are 100% correct, only one thing is missing Sir!
There should be a PUBLIC HEARING of your presentations in comparison with their own. Otherwise you're exhibiting the trait of the Pharisees who have already concluded without giving Jesus an hearing on what he truly believe! John 7:51-52
You know as TRUE Christians, we fear whatever comes out of the mouth of our Master, Lord and King. He said 'the type of judgement you render to others is what you're going to get' Matthew 7:2
Jehovah's Witnesses will never decide for anyone unless we first give the person the opportunity to speak for himself. Matthew 10:11-15
That's why it is easy for us to fish out faithful ones from your midst and bring them in for Jesus, because we're 100% sure that you're one and all deluded with divers doctrines! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

Remember that Jesus never called the Sadducees anything: He ignored them for much of His ministry.
Whatever neighbour, W H A T E V E R! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2019
Maximus69:
You are 100% correct, only one thing is missing Sir!
There should be a PUBLIC HEARING of your presentations in comparison with their own. Otherwise you're exhibiting the trait of the Pharisees who have already concluded without giving Jesus an hearing on what he truly believe! John 7:51-52
You know as TRUE Christians, we fear whatever comes out of the mouth of our Master, Lord and King. He said 'the type of judgement you render to others is what you're going to get' Matthew 7:2
Jehovah's Witnesses will never decide for anyone unless we first give the person the opportunity to speak for himself. Matthew 10:11-15
That's why it is easy for us to fish out faithful ones from your midst and bring them in for Jesus, because we're 100% sure that you're one and all deluded with divers doctrines! wink
They just follow whatever their magic practicing priests tells them without thinking twice!
He believes all religions calling Jesus are Christians.
He believes there is no denomination in heaven.
He believes whoever accepts others as Christian is OK
Now what is the criteria of segregating those religious groups without any hearing, tori olorun? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Instead of saying their magic practicing priests have given them certain group names to castigate, they'll start lying against God's holy spirit saying 'na him tell me say that church no be am'
explain from the Bible, NO WAY!
let's hear from them, NO WAY!
Walahi Talahi Jesus knew everything about them before saying 'they have nothing to say against the TRUTH' undecided undecided undecided
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 09, 2019
TATIME:
They just follow whatever their magic practicing priests tells them without thinking twice!
He believes all religions calling Jesus are Christians.
He believes there is no denomination in heaven.
He believes whoever accepts others as Christian is OK
Now what is the criteria of segregating those religious groups without any hearing, tori olorun? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Instead of saying their magic practicing priests have given them certain group names to castigate, they'll start lying against God's holy spirit saying 'na him tell me say that church no be am'
explain from the Bible, NO WAY!
let's hear from them, NO WAY!
Walahi Talahi Jesus knew everything about them before saying 'they have nothing to say against the TRUTH' undecided undecided undecided
Hmmm,
I wonder o! undecided
Instead of covering their faces in shame, they're still trying to convince themselves inside falsehood.
Which of you should i join if i leave Jehovah's Witnesses?
Response ~ Any of us! angry
But your doctrines contradicts one another now.
Response~ don't worry about that, just leave JW! angry

I will never stop thanking God that i listened that faithful day to what those JW wanted to say, because their presentation that day opened the way for me to realise that Jesus truly have a unique GROUP like no other! smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2019
Maximus69:

Haaa!
Please i never saw this part of your post.
Well we're friends Sir as in neighbours but as brothers NO we're not brothers!
There are three factors that could make us brothers
(1) Blood~ this means we come from the same lineage like family relations.
(2) Business~ this means we are partners in business so we will always think alike for the progress of our business.
(3) Faith~ this means we are of the same line of thought regarding sacred services.

You and i are neither related of the three, and the factor JWs cherish most is when we're related by FAITH! Matthew 12:46-50 compared to Galatians 6:10

So until we agree on the same line of thought, we're like social media friends or neighbours, but NOT brothers!
What a disaster!
You know i've been trying to find out what ensued to this discussion of brother or no brother!
So after concluding that you're a Sadducee, he still wish you're his brother! undecided undecided undecided
Please
WHY?
HOW?
ON WHAT GROUND?
I know you're seeing how learned they are when it comes to discernment and how confused they are when talking about judgment!
A cultist who is worshiping the same god like olumba and mormon, you still went ahead to address him as 'my brother' cheesy cheesy cheesy
They envy the way JWs relate by unwavering faith yet instead of humbly submitting themselves to learn how two persons could truthfully relate as brothers, they just feel like addressing anyone even the person for whom they've developed intense hatred as BROTHER! Genesis 4:9 embarassed embarassed embarassed
Jehovah will surely deliver us from their hands in Jesus name!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2019
TATIME:
What a disaster!
You know i've been trying to find out what ensued to this discussion of brother or no brother!
So after concluding that you're a Sadducee, he still wish you're his brother! undecided undecided undecided
Please
WHY?
HOW?
ON WHAT GROUND?
I know you're seeing how learned they are when it comes to discernment and how confused they are when talking about judgment!
A cultist who is worshiping the same god like olumba and mormon, you still went ahead to address him as 'my brother' cheesy cheesy cheesy
They envy the way JWs relate by unwavering faith yet instead of humbly submitting themselves to learn how two persons could truthfully relate as brothers, they just feel like addressing anyone even the person for whom they've developed intense hatred as BROTHER! Genesis 4:9 embarassed embarassed embarassed
Jehovah will surely deliver us from their hands in Jesus name!
A M E N!!!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 09, 2019
shadeyinka:

@ Tatime!
Please take note!
'Jesus never called the Sadducees anything: He ignored them for much of his ministry'

But shadeyanka who claims to be one of Jesus' followers today has been the one striving to engage a Sadducee in argument, even when that one is saying 'let sleeping dog lie'

And even after confirming that this is surely a Sadducee {due to a lengthy discussion that ended in disagreement} he still wish a demonic Sadducee be his brother!
What an unquestionably stupid and confused dullard? embarassed
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 10, 2019
For the benefit of all SINCERE followers of this thread!

We should be aware that Jesus' ministry was targeted at THREE main goals, Jesus actually achieved TWO of these three goals and asked his followers to continue in the two so that the third goal could be achieved!

FIRST GOAL~ Jesus made it clear that mankind is far away from his holy father due to our sinful state, he then thought us the tenets that will draw the attention of his father into loving us as sons so that our sinful conditions is blotted out completely! Matthew 5:3-20

SECOND GOAL~ Jesus' followers were 100% sure that there teacher's counsel is truly divine even passersby were amazed at the uniqueness of his teachings { Matthew 7:28-29,John 7:45-46 compared to Isaiah 9:6} they told him 'though it is PRACTICALLY applicable, simple and straightforward but very difficult to practice' in the midst of crooked people { Luke 18:26} Jesus told them they needed the help from God in order to be DIFFERENT and start APPLYING all that he taught them! Matthew 19:26

THIRD GOAL~ There must be a visible GROUP of people PRACTICING what Jesus taught during his ministry globally! Act 1:8 This is the goal that wasn't met during Jesus' life time on earth. Because he told his followers that it is ONLY through the help of God's holy spirit that they can succeed in the practical applications of his teachings {John 14:15-17, Act 1:8} So according to Jesus, the GROUP practicing what he taught will not surface until the arrival of the holy spirit. And it happened just as Jesus said so that after observing the activities of Jesus' followers in a city called Anthioc, onlookers could say 'this are the Christians' as in those practicing exactly what Jesus who claimed to be the Christ taught throughout his life! Act 17:11

Satan have established so many religious groups today {Matthew 13:24-30,36-43} and because he knows that none of them belongs to Christ,so he is trying really hard to discourage people from focusing on any GROUP because if they do they will notice as in observe the one and only GROUP practicing what Jesus taught! Matthew 13:43 compared to Matthew 5:14-16

We are Jehovah's Witnesses! The group name supposed to be Jesus' Witnesses{Christians} Act 1:8
But because Satan's seeds have tarnished that image {Matthew 13:25-26} the true God JEHOVAH suddenly change our group name in this final part of the days {Isaiah 65:15} so that we stand out as a unique GROUP totally different from all Satan's seeds! Revelations 18:4 compared to Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-17
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by OkCornel(m): 8:50am On Jun 10, 2019
All ye debaters...

If you believe in the same Jesus and the One True God Paul preached of, consider this scripture for your morning digest while you interact...

Galatians 5 v 14-15;

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Galatians 6 v 1;
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 10, 2019
OkCornel:
All ye debaters...

If you believe in the same Jesus and the One True God Paul preached of, consider this scripture for your morning digest while you interact...

Galatians 5 v 14-15;

14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

Galatians 6 v 1;
Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
smiley 1John 2:19, 2John 10-11
Satan sowed his own seeds throughout the earth today and they've been gathered in bunches {Matthew 13:30a} Light and darkness can never be together as one family, the family of light will stand out as one and the families belonging to darkness {though you may notice that they're not in harmony} will also stand up together as one against the light! John 17:14-16

Your interest in seeing God's people unite as one is well noted, but you need to listen CAREFULLY to discern the light as it is standing clearly out of darkness!
They're surely confuse amongst themselves but there is still one unique GROUP of people PRACTICING pure worship, that is the one and only organization belonging to Jesus. And all the children of darkness have been taken their stand against this single GROUP representing the light! Matthew 5:14-16

We are Jehovah's Witnesses, the global family of worshipers like no other! wink
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jun 10, 2019
Maximus69:
For the benefit of all SINCERE followers of this thread!

We should be aware that Jesus' ministry was targeted at THREE main goals, Jesus actually achieved TWO of these three goals and asked his followers to continue in the two so that the third goal could be achieved!

FIRST GOAL~ Jesus made it clear that mankind is far away from his holy father due to our sinful state, he then thought us the tenets that will draw the attention of his father into loving us as sons so that our sinful conditions is blotted out completely! Matthew 5:3-20

SECOND GOAL~ Jesus' followers were 100% sure that there teacher's counsel is truly divine even passersby were amazed at the uniqueness of his teachings { Matthew 7:28-29,John 7:45-46 compared to Isaiah 9:6} they told him 'though it is PRACTICALLY applicable, simple and straightforward but very difficult to practice' in the midst of crooked people { Luke 18:26} Jesus told them they needed the help from God in order to be DIFFERENT and start APPLYING all that he taught them! Matthew 19:26

THIRD GOAL~ There must be a visible GROUP of people PRACTICING what Jesus taught during his ministry globally! Act 1:8 This is the goal that wasn't met during Jesus' life time on earth. Because he told his followers that it is ONLY through the help of God's holy spirit that they can succeed in the practical applications of his teachings {John 14:15-17, Act 1:8} So according to Jesus, the GROUP practicing what he taught will not surface until the arrival of the holy spirit. And it happened just as Jesus said so that after observing the activities of Jesus' followers in a city called Anthioc, onlookers could say 'this are the Christians' as in those practicing exactly what Jesus who claimed to be the Christ taught throughout his life! Act 17:11

Satan have established so many religious groups today {Matthew 13:24-30,36-43} and because he knows that none of them belongs to Christ,so he is trying really hard to discourage people from focusing on any GROUP because if they do they will notice as in observe the one and only GROUP practicing what Jesus taught! Matthew 13:43 compared to Matthew 5:14-16

We are Jehovah's Witnesses! The group name supposed to be Jesus' Witnesses{Christians} Act 1:8
But because Satan's seeds have tarnished that image {Matthew 13:25-26} the true God JEHOVAH suddenly change our group name in this final part of the days {Isaiah 65:15} so that we stand out as a unique GROUP totally different from all Satan's seeds! Revelations 18:4 compared to Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-17

INDISPUTABLE PRESENTATION!

Bravo, Maximus! Bravo!

I'll be waiting for what Satan's agents have to say about this unchallengeable write-up. Let them speak for their god if truthfully he is the true God! Habakkuk 2:18-20

Isaiah 54:17 says "No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises against you in the judgement. This is the heritage of the servants of JEHOVAH, and their righteousness is from me declares JEHOVAH!"

May our heavenly father bless you Maximus my brother for this wonderful presentation!

Let them speak NOT just off point but refute what you typed up there if truthfully they know or have the power of discernment just like our wonderful counselor JESUS! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2019
TATIME:

INDISPUTABLE PRESENTATION!

Bravo, Maximus! Bravo!

I'll be waiting for what Satan's agents have to say about this unchallengeable write-up. Let them speak for their god if truthfully he is the true God! Habakkuk 2:18-20

Isaiah 54:17 says "No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises against you in the judgement. This is the heritage of the servants of JEHOVAH, and their righteousness is from me declares JEHOVAH!"

May our heavenly father bless you Maximus my brother for this wonderful presentation!

Let them speak NOT just off point but refute what you typed up there if truthfully they know or have the power of discernment just like our wonderful counselor JESUS! smiley smiley smiley
NO Sir!
On the contrary, you and your folks taught me all of these. Whenever i remember how your folks kept coming both rain and sunshine, they never gave up on me, my first study conductor said 'Mr you've gotten the potentials, and i believe that is why Jehovah has picked you out from the military intelligence to become one of Christ's soldiers'
Last Saturday, i was discussing with a woman who has been attending the theology school, after some time she asked me a question : 'please Sir will i ever be as fully competent and completely equipped to quote the scriptures and explain it's practical applications like you are doing'
Tears of Joy rolled down my cheek because that was exactly the same question i asked my conductor back then, so i gave her the same answer i received from my conductor! 'don't worry, with man that is impossible, but with God's holy spirit, all things are possible' Matthew 19:26

So Tatime i'm doing it!
That's why i'll always say
'Jehovah's Witnesses, thank YOU!' smiley
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 7:59pm On Jun 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

You are right and correct as the God you serve is also shared by the following organisations

1. The Mormons (The Church of the Latter days Saints)
2. Olumba Olumba (The Church of the Brotherhood of the Cross and Star)
3. The Moonies

Lying Pharisee Shadeyinka,you have no proof that 1,2,3 are serving our Most High God, Jehovah (Psalms 83:18), the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ (John 20:17, Rev 3:5,21. Acts 3:13. Eph1:3. 3:14,15).
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Janosky: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2019
shadeyinka:

You know what you are doing?
Burying falsehood under loads of information!

I have only re-echoed

Gal 1:8:
"But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed."

As

"But though ECWA or any Church Organisation, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed."

The apostles have said that your lives shouldn't be defined by them or any other person or personality but by the GOSPEL of CHRIST.

Paul is saying if/peradventure himself or any of the Apostles should somehow deviate from the Gospel of Christ, they become accursed! Not to be followed!

But in arrogance, you equate the JW Watchtower organisation as infallible, that which even the apostles didn't claim. Make the Scriptures your Standard NOT a human Organisation!
Lying Pharisees, your false gospel of trinity is NOT the Gospel of Jesus which apostles Peter preached (Acts 3:12,13) or Paul preached Acts 9:17-20., Eph 1:3. Rom 15:5,6. Galatians 1:8, John 10:34-36. 7:16. 5:37. 6:46. It's crystal clear what the gospel of Jesus is. special emphasis on Acts 9 verse20.
JWs stick to the scriptures and the apostolic example of the first century Christians. Acts15:1-31.
Acts 9:4-31 is another case study of how well organized the first century Christians were , under Christ's leadership .
That's an Organization in practice .
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 1:22am On Jun 12, 2019
Janosky:

Lying Pharisees, your false gospel of trinity is NOT the Gospel of Jesus which apostles Peter preached (Acts 3:12,13) or Paul preached Acts 9:17-20., Eph 1:3. Rom 15:5,6. Galatians 1:8, John 10:34-36. 7:16. 5:37. 6:46. It's crystal clear what the gospel of Jesus is. special emphasis on Acts 9 verse20.
JWs stick to the scriptures and the apostolic example of the first century Christians. Acts15:1-31.
Acts 9:4-31 is another case study of how well organized the first century Christians were , under Christ's leadership .
That's an Organization in practice .

ha ha ha
lying pharisee deceiver false jw Janosky/OneJ

false jw's change the scriptures

Col 1:2  To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

false jw's completely removed "and the Lord Jesus Christ" from your false nwt

Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

you false jw's completely removed "I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last" from your false nwt 
evil as you are

false jw's, false accusers, false prophets, false nwt, false doctrines, false jesus, false jehovah, false everything
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 1:54am On Jun 12, 2019
Janosky:

Lying Pharisee Shadeyinka,you have no proof that 1,2,3 are serving our Most High God, Jehovah (Psalms 83:18), the God and Father of our lord Jesus Christ (John 20:17, Rev 3:5,21. Acts 3:13. Eph1:3. 3:14,15).

lying pharisee deceiver false jw Janosky/OneJ

your jehovah god is a false jehovah who you call almighty god
and your lord jesus christ is a false christ who you call mighty god, two god's there oh polytheist

of course Almighty and Mighty are names for the one true God, ask for verses

so in the beginning when all that existed was your jehovah god
he had "a god" with Him, ha ha

truly in the beginning was the Word, and the word was with God
and the Word was God, john 1:1

in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, not "a god" created the heaven and the earth, and not a angel either oh duh one

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

in the beginning Jesus(God the Word) created the heaven and the earth

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 
Joh 1:2  The same was in the beginning with God. 
Joh 1:3  All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Father and the Word (God), john 1:1, created the heaven and the earth 

ask for more scriptures showing that Jesus is God, is Jehovah

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Barristter07: 2:33am On Jun 14, 2019
shadeyinka:

Look at the bolded: are you insinuating that the Holy Spirit is just an appendage of God like the arms, mouth, ears and legs are to man?. If that is correct, then the Holy Spirit cannot be a force as you have been taught.

It is too easy for me to prove that the Holy Spirit isn't just a Force but a personality. A force is inanimate and emotionless: isn't it.
You, knowing that God IS a Spirit still choose to alienate the Holy Spirit from God by saying that He is just an active force.

I will show you Scriptures to show that the Holy Spirit isn't just an active Force as you have been taught

There are three distinct characteristics of a personality
a. Must have a Will/Volition
b. Must have an Emotion
c. Must have an Intellect
A force is just an effort applied on an object. A force is inanimate and cannot exist without a force producing source

1. The Holy Spirit Speaks:
Acts 8:29:
"Then the Spirit said to Philip, Go near, and join yourself to this chariot."

Acts 10:19:
"While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said to him, Behold, three men seek you."

Rev 14:13:
"And I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from now on: Yes, said the Spirit, that they may rest from their labors; and their works do follow them."
2. The Holy Spirit Has emotion:
Eph 4:30:
"And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby you are sealed to the day of redemption."

Rom 15:30
"Now I beseech you, brothers, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;"
3. He makes intercession for the saints

Rom 8:27:
"And he that searches the hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because he makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God."

4. He has a Will (He decides what to do)

1Cor 12:11:
"But all these works that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will."

Acts 16:6:
"Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,"

5. You can sin against Him
Mat 12:31-32:
"Why I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven to men. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whoever speaks against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

Acts 5:3-4:
"But Peter said, Ananias, why has Satan filled your heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not your own? and after it was sold, was it not in your own power? why have you conceived this thing in your heart? you have not lied to men, but to God."

How can one lie to a force?

6. He teaches and instructs:

Neh 9:20:
"You gave also your good spirit to instruct them, and withheld not your manna from their mouth, and gave them water for their thirst."

Luk 12:12:
"For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what you ought to say."

John 14:26:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you."

Do you know any non Personality who has an ability to teach?

Firstly, I admire your courage to quote the above verses, but I will restate that PERSONIFICATION does not prove personality .

I have my reason:

There are as well other verses that speak of holy spirit been shared , people been filled with it etc .

To solve this dillema, Let's take a look at a single scripture that highlight EVERY personality that exist in the universe .

Matthew 24:36

[b] " Concerning that day and hour NOBODY KNOWS, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father "

Two issues here

1. [i] If Holy spirit is a personality why was it ommited from this list whereas angels are mentioned ?

2. Someone might say it probably belong to the category of " Nobody Knows " . if so this question the position that it is God , and once its God status is questioned, it's personality status followed suite .

Cc: nutarious

1 Like

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 3:19am On Jun 14, 2019
Barristter07:

Firstly, I admire your courage to quote the above verses, but I will restate that PERSONIFICATION does not prove personality .

I have my reason:

There are as well other verses that speak of holy spirit been shared , people been filled with it etc .

To solve this dillema, Let's take a look at a single scripture that highlight EVERY personality that exist in the universe .

" Concerning that day and hour NOBODY KNOWS, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father "

Two issues here

1. [i] If Holy spirit is a personality why was it ommited from this list whereas angels are mentioned ?

2. Someone might say it probably belong to the category of " Nobody Knows " . if so this question the position that it is God , and once its God status is questioned, it's personality status followed suite .

why has he courage to post the above verses,
it's because of your twisting of said verses
but it doesn't take courage to face a lying twister of God's word

lie lie barristter
oh duh, the Holy Spirit wasn't specifically mentioned in that verse, however He is God
gabriel wasn't specifically mentioned in that verse either, however he is a angel

all christians know that the Holy Spirit is God
God is a Spirit, who else could the Holy Spirit be but God

some verses showing that the Holy spirit is God:

Psa_99:9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

God is holy
God is a Spirit
the Holy Spirit is God.

more bible verses showing that the Holy spirit is God to follow
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 3:26am On Jun 14, 2019
The Holy Spirit is God

none can flee from the Spirit - the LORD vvv

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.

Jer 23:23 Am I a God at hand, saith the LORD, and not a God afar off?
Jer 23:24 Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD.

^^^ The LORD - The Holy Spirit, is everywhere

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

God is a spirit
God is everywhere
God resides in believers
the Holy Spirit is ofcourse God, who is a Spirit, God and the Word.

"we will come unto him, and make our abode with him"
"the Word was with God and the Word was God"
"let us make man in our image" etc.

The Word may have had a beginning as a person, but His Spirit is Eternal.

more to follow
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by nutarious(f): 5:21am On Jun 14, 2019
Barristter07:

I have my reason:

[b] " Concerning that day and hour NOBODY KNOWS, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father "

Two issues here

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by nutarious(f): 5:29am On Jun 14, 2019
@Barrister07

I notice in Analysis, the same contents must be used as a basis for different group analysing.

Shadeyinka has been using other Bible interpretations and maybe if we used your own interpretation which is the only different one among others there, then we could strike a balance to this Arquement about the Holy Spirit.

My question from the NWT translations is to ask you @barrister who is The Father of Jesus.?

Who is the Father of Jesus?

Your interpretation didn't change that, it said the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus. Follow logic, follow rhema, follow layman's reading. That's what it said.

Then When Jesus said in that Act you quoted that he mentioned the Father and Angels and did not mention the Holy Spirit.

Read your NWT translation again and tell me who fathered Jesus?

I will wait for your Honest review of the Scripture according to Jehovah Witness interpretation.

But try and check some of this scriptures from your interpretations. Let's first get who the Father that Jesus Always talk about first.

Review it well and tell me what you got from your own interpretation

Shalom

Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 7:01am On Jun 14, 2019
nutarious:
@Barrister07

I notice in Analysis, the same contents must be used as a basis for different group analysing.

Shadeyinka has been using other Bible interpretations and maybe if we used your own interpretation which is the only different one among others there, then we could strike a balance to this Arquement about the Holy Spirit.

My question from the NWT translations is to ask you @barrister who is The Father of Jesus.?

Your interpretation didn't change that, it said the Holy Spirit is the Father of Jesus. Follow logic, follow rhema, follow layman's reading. That's what it said.

Then When Jesus said in that Act you quoted that he mentioned the Father and Angels and did not mention the Holy Spirit.

I will wait for your Honest review of the Scripture according to Jehovah Witness interpretation.

But try and check some of this scriptures from your interpretations. Let's first get who the Father that Jesus Always talk about first.

Shalom
Mrs Shalom Homosapien!
How come you know all of this but ended up marrying an Atheist?
Why are you so zealous for talks without doing what the WORD says? cheesy
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2019
nutarious:
@Barrister07

Shalom

grin grin grin grin Are u now saying the Father is holy spirit ? I thought Trinity says they are different persons .
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Jozzy4: 7:19am On Jun 14, 2019
johnw47:

why has he courage to post the above verses,
it's because of your twisting of said verses
but it doesn't take courage to face a lying twister of God's word

lie lie barristter
oh duh, the Holy Spirit wasn't specifically mentioned in that verse, however He is God
gabriel wasn't specifically mentioned in that verse either, however he is a angel

all christians know that the Holy Spirit is God
God is a Spirit, who else could the Holy Spirit be but God

some verses showing that the Holy spirit is God:

Psa_99:9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at his holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.

1Pe 1:16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

God is holy
God is a Spirit
the Holy Spirit is God.

more bible verses showing that the Holy spirit is God to follow

Shut up there grin grin , is holy spirit the Father ?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 7:45am On Jun 14, 2019
Jozzy4:

Shut up there grin grin , is holy spirit the Father ?

confused know nothing false jw jozz

the Holy Spirit is God, God is Father and the word, john 1:1
read the verses i have posted and the ones below and the ones to come over the following days and learn something oh great fellow know nothing of Janosky/OneJ

The Holy Ghost is the Father of Jesus, verse 18 & 20

Mat 1:18  Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost
Mat 1:19  Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 
Mat 1:20  But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost

Jesus is the Son of God, hence the Holy Spirit is God

Luk 1:35  And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Joh 1:34  And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 7:55am On Jun 14, 2019
Jozzy4:

grin grin grin grin Are u now saying the Father is holy spirit ? I thought Trinity says they are different persons .

oh duh just like know nothing false jw Janosky/OneJ

the Holy spirit is God, the Father is God, work it out

answering for me of course
nutarious probably explains and knows things better than me
i'm just a "know little" christian but which is far better though than a "know nothing" false jw
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:31am On Jun 14, 2019
Barristter07:

I have my reason:

Two issues here

I wish you had addressed each of the SIX characters of the Holy Spirit I raised but instead, you choose to ignore them to raise your own single point alternate idea. No problem.

It's like a chess game. It's almost impossible to check a king by just one piece. To check a king, you use multiple pieces and the more simultaneously checking the king, the less probable that the opponent can rescue his king. In this case, I gave you SIX simultaneous/concurrent characters of the Holy Spirit to show that He isn't a thing but a being. It's not one or two, but six.

On your objection: why the Holy spirit wasn't included in Mt24:36.
I don't know! Jesus said just what we needed to hear without complicating things for us. And the Holy Spirit is never in the class of Angels. In fact, Jesus taught things that seem scary about the Holy Spirit

Mat 12:31-32:
"Why I say to you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven to men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven to men. And whoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whoever speaks against the Holy Ghost , it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come."

This Scripture is similar to Mt24:36 with respect to your question:
Can you please answer why the Father's Name wasn't mentioned in this Scripture?

In spite of this, I will answer yours

1. Jesus wasn't teaching about God or His personality. Jesus was talking about the knowledge about the "when" the kingdom of God will be established.
2. Jesus didn't teach explicitly EVERYTHING about doctrine to His Disciples
And that's why Jesus said
John 14:26:
"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you."

In other words, Jesus didn't explicitly teach or said everything we sight to know as Christians.

3. And the purpose of the Scriptures wasn't to explicitly put down in writing EVERYTHING Jesus said or Did.
John 21:25:
"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen."

On your second argument
I will reply you in a question form:
Is God a "someone" or "somebody" or "something"?
Is God then a "No one" or "Nobody" or "Nothing"?
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by shadeyinka(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2019
Maximus69:
Mrs Shalom Homosapien!
How come you know all of this but ended up marrying an Atheist?
Why are you so zealous for talks without doing what the WORD says? cheesy
This coming from someone who claims to know Christ Jesus!?
Indeed by their fruit you shall know them!
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 14, 2019
shadeyinka:

This coming from someone who claims to know Christ Jesus!?
Indeed by their fruit you shall know them!
Just TWO questions based on the commands of the foundation of Christianity.
(1) Marry only in the Lord { 1Corinthians 7:39} but your sister married an Athesist{those that vehemently debunk the existence of God}
(2) Christian women are to be silent during doctrinal issues { 1Timothy 2:12} she ought to ask her husband {that is a Christian whereas she married an atheist} 1Corinthians 14:35

She even have the impetus to start insulting those who are obedient to the word, calling then ROBOTS! 1Peter 4:4 cheesy

Yet you can't tell her to be watchful of her manners, but with two questions based on the commands from the Bible to help her know she's SINNING AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT{Luke 12:10} by stubbornly ignoring clear admonition from the Apostles, you're there trying to find faults.
Of course BY THEIR FRUIT YOU WILL RECOGNISE men of lawlessness, i'm sure she is a fruit of your DEAD Churches ! Matthew 7:20
Tell her that she is EQUAL all other women the Bible gave those instructions, unless you're a worker of INIQUITY! Matthew 7:23
Re: Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness by johnw47: 10:25am On Jun 14, 2019
Maximus69:

Just TWO questions based on the commands of the foundation of Christianity.
(1) Marry only in the Lord { 1Corinthians 7:39} but your sister married an Athesist{those that vehemently debunk the existence of God}
(2) Christian women are to be silent during doctrinal issues { 1Timothy 2:12} she ought to ask her husband {that is a Christian whereas she married an atheist} 1Corinthians 14:35

She even have the impetus to start insulting those who are obedient to the word, calling then ROBOTS! 1Peter 4:4 cheesy

Yet you can't tell her to be watchful of her manners, but with two questions based on the commands from the Bible to help her know she's SINNING AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT{Luke 12:10} by stubbornly ignoring clear admonition from the Apostles, you're there trying to find faults.
Of course BY THEIR FRUIT YOU WILL RECOGNISE men of lawlessness, i'm sure she is a fruit of your DEAD Churches ! Matthew 7:20
Tell her that she is EQUAL all other women the Bible gave those instructions, unless you're a worker of INIQUITY! Matthew 7:23

lying pharisee false jw max
you false jw's are not obedient to the word
you change the word, evil as that is
read these two articles:

https://www.nairaland.com/3793815/how-one-witness-jehovahs-witness/84#79246724
plus the post following that one

https://www.nairaland.com/3793815/how-one-witness-jehovahs-witness/84#79277891
plus the post following that one

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (77) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Pastor Adeboye Prays, Advises Nigerians / TB Joshua’s Wife Evict Disciples From SCOAN (Video) / 'Vanity Upon Vanity' - Pastor Tobi Shows Off Fleet Of Cars On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.