Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 PM

Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 (6666 Views)

I'm 35 Years Unmarried Lady Part 2 / Isn’t This Hypocrisy On This Lady’s Part? Photos!! / Rants Of A Single Lady Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 9:58am On May 16, 2019
First , thank you nairaland for providing an avenue for me to bare my mind.

I wish I could write a sign board in from of my house that says "husband wanted apply within" without getting judged since the pressure of marriage has become too much to bear.

I wish those who see me and make remarks like "when is she settling down sef?" Will not lump me among the "choosy spinster" not knowing I wasted a good number of my years in a long term relationship with promise of marriage only to be disappointed at the end.

I wish I could put "single and searching " on social media and not have married men looking for free cookie wanting to cash in assuming I am desperate and play boys playing the part of serious bachelor just to get free cookie.

Maybe its a curse cos I heard late marriage runs in some families, maybe I am just unlucky ,maybe its something I am not doing right ,maybe just maybe .

I wish I could ask a guy out and he will take me serious and not think I brought him my cookie for free.

Dem say boyfriend full everywhere na husband scarce ,but thats because one guy can be dating 5 ladies with all the ladies thinking they have a boyfriend until he decides to settle down.

13 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by JoeMaddog: 10:24am On May 16, 2019
cool

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by fasho01(m): 1:17am On May 17, 2019
Valid rant

6 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by expert234: 8:08am On May 17, 2019
Please, I'll like to discuss something with you. Can we find time and "place" to communicate?

3 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by greenprince(m): 4:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
I find this really funny and interesting.
Take your time and pray for a good man. Sorry about what happened but learn from it and move on.
A good partner will either lengthen your days or cut it short. Leave playboys, they're no good. Guys can tell all sorts of lies and act as holy as a sheikh to get what they want.
A real guy will dignify you and won't just lust after your body. But a good guy is not easy to find and they're demanding because they give a lot. Be ready to meet those demands or you may be forced to settle for less.

Settle right, or don't settle at all before heartache kills you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Blackmiserable(m): 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
Duggedised12:
First , thank you nairaland for providing an avenue for me to bare my mind.

I wish I could write a sign board in from of my house that says "husband wanted appli within" without not getting judged since the pressure of marriage has become too much to bear.

I wish those who see me and make remarks like "when is she settling down sef?" Will not lump me among the "choosy spinster" not knowing I wasted a good number of years in a long term relationship with promise of marriage only to be disappointed at the end.

I wish I could put "single and searching " on.social media and not have married men looking for free cookie wanting to cash in assuming I am desperate and play boys playing the part of serious bachelor just to get free cookie.

Maybe its a curse cos I heard late marriage runs in some families, maybe I am just unlucky ,maybe its something I am not doing right ,maybe just maybe .

I wish I could ask a guy out and he will take me serious and no think I brought him my cookie for free.

Dem say boyfriend full everywhere na husband scarce ,but thats because one guy can be dating 5 ladies with all the ladies thinking they have a boyfriend until he decides to settle down.

Cc lalasticlala

Believe me, having a husband is good, very good, after all, God created woman for companionship and procreation but NOT having one is not the end of the world. Neither is a man for a woman. I for take you sha but I'm already taken. One, no two Taraba woman sha!

Put your pics here for any potential suitor here.Your rantings is justified but let folks see yo

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
@Duggedised12:

Okay talk time. So guess what? Do you know If you actually want a Husband, you can get it in a Month, Yes I said in a month. Let's put Money aside honestly, the same friends which you envy & look at getting married every weekend are picking guys that you wouldn't even think fit into your criteria of what a Man should be.

I've discovered every lady crying Wolf about marriage isn't crying because there are no Men approaching them, but they need a certain kind of Man, Not that I'm against that ideology but don't cry when you know you've set standards for yourself & some people have not met such standard.
Some people get lucky & they find Men who meet the standards in short time, some don't.

Miss A's Destiny is different from Miss B.

I would advise that you stay put & keep your trust in God, I want to believe you have other things going for you like Career, activities etc

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
Blackmiserable:

Believe me, having a husband is good, very good, after all, God created woman for companionship and procreation but NOT having one is not the end of the world. Neither is a man for a woman. I for take you sha but I'm already taken. One, no two Taraba woman sha!

Put your pics here for any potential suitor here.Your rantings is justified but let folks see yo
thanks, but the pics own go hard o. Just don't feel comfortable.Thanks all the same.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by bluefilm: 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
Your emphasis on the free cookie says a lot of negative things about you.

Seems your type only brings free cookie to the table.

Maybe, you should start working from there and see how you can make yourself more valuable to those guys and make them start thinking beyond free cookie when they are with thee?

As for me, I'm already disgusted.

Free cookie gbukwee gi dia.

Nonsense. sad

16 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Blackmiserable(m): 9:15pm On Jun 18, 2019
Duggedised12:
thanks, but the pics own go hard o. Just don't feel comfortable.Thanks all the same.

There's no means for anonymous folks who have never seen you to size you up - I mean, on the INTERNET, maybe, just maybe, you want to write a very vivid description with a link to one of your social media account (after all, many people dey see your face since 1900 so wtf), if you're really serious. If you can't do both, do one. I have actually wooed a woman I stumbled on Reddit just because she admitted to being a virgin, so you never know, people are just different.

Even though females should be the object of desire, there's certainly and absolutely nothing wrong in pursuing men for marriage. God made marriage for you so if the mountain wouldn't come to Muhammad; Muhammad can go to the mountain. If I have wares like Chicken for sale, it is in my best interest to put out "Chicken is sold here" signpost.

You want a husband and he's not forthcoming; you can make that clear especially through means like the web and this Nigerian forum where we have Nigerians from all nooks and cranny, without sounding weird. Believe me dear sister even if you're as ugly as shit, there's a man for you. You may want to say: "If you want sex or any type of intimacy (before the relationship gains any momentum) before we get married then I am not for you; I am not going to give my body until we're married."

Men want to be attracted to their spouse and beauty, as you know, is relative. Let's see your pics and share your email address, too, your husband is around the corner. But on a serious note, why are you still unmarried? Are you that ugly? Aren't there unmarried bachelors in your church? Do you go to church? Are you hot tempered or... because there's hardly any woman who doesn't get wooed on a regular basis. Even if it's so bad, at least once a month or two. Are you saying all your suitors just want your body and aren't really interested in marriage? Maybe you want to change location or city.

If you are beautiful, I CAN GET YOU A SPOUSE ON REDDIT WHO WOULD FLY ALL THE WAY FROM OBODO OYIBO FOR MARRIAGE. WHY? THE DATING SUBREDDITS THERE ARE HEAVILY SKEWED, ALTHOUGH MANY JUST WANT A FLING, YOU'D STILL SEE THAT MANY WHITE GUYS THERE THAT WOULD RUSH YOU LIKE INDOMIE.

Remember your servant! God don butter your bread I swear!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by bigpicture001: 9:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
Op...do hv somthing to bring to table...? Cuz dts a big factor for middleclass young men of marriageable age

3 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 6:02am On Jun 19, 2019
Blackmiserable:

There's no means for anonymous folks who have never seen you to size you up - I mean, on the INTERNET, maybe, just maybe, you want to write a very vivid description with a link to one of your social media account (after all, many people dey see your face since 1900 so wtf), if you're really serious. If you can't do both, do one. I have actually wooed a woman I stumbled on Reddit just because she admitted to being a virgin, so you never know, people are just different.

Even though females should be the object of desire, there's certainly and absolutely nothing wrong in pursuing men for marriage. God made marriage for you so if the mountain wouldn't come to Muhammad; Muhammad can go to the mountain. If I have wares like Chicken for sale, it is in my best interest to put out "Chicken is sold here" signpost.

You want a husband and he's not forthcoming; you can make that clear especially through means like the web and this Nigerian forum where we have Nigerians from all nooks and cranny, without sounding weird. Believe me dear sister even if you're as ugly as shit, there's a man for you. You may want to say: "If you want sex or any type of intimacy (before the relationship gains any momentum) before we get married then I am not for you; I am not going to give my body until we're married."

Men want to be attracted to their spouse and beauty, as you know, is relative. Let's see your pics and share your email address, too, your husband is around the corner. But on a serious note, why are you still unmarried? Are you that ugly? Aren't there unmarried bachelors in your church? Do you go to church? Are you hot tempered or... because there's hardly any woman who doesn't get wooed on a regular basis. Even if it's so bad, at least once a month or two. Are you saying all your suitors just want your body and aren't really interested in marriage? Maybe you want to change location or city.

If you are beautiful, I CAN GET YOU A SPOUSE ON REDDIT WHO WOULD FLY ALL THE WAY FROM OBODO OYIBO FOR MARRIAGE. WHY? THE DATING SUBREDDITS THERE ARE HEAVILY SKEWED, ALTHOUGH MANY JUST WANT A FLING, YOU'D STILL SEE THAT MANY WHITE GUYS THERE THAT WOULD RUSH YOU LIKE INDOMIE.

Remember your servant! God don butter your bread I swear!
you have spoken well, I am not ugly lol ,just introverted and i have come to realize to be noticed and get wooed ,you have to show up ,my neigbours barely even see me . I am not the church freak ,I barely go to church (dont want to go into the reason for that here) but then meeting someone in church is not what I am keen on as "we are all saints dressed in our best attires on Sundays".

Thanks for your input, it is highly appreciated.

2 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 6:06am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:
@Duggedised12:

Okay talk time. So guess what? Do you know If you actually want a Husband, you can get it in a Month, Yes I said in a month. Let's put Money aside honestly, the same friends which you envy & look at getting married every weekend are picking guys that you wouldn't even think fit into your criteria of what a Man should be.

I've discovered every lady crying Wolf about marriage isn't crying because there are no Men approaching them, but they need a certain kind of Man, Not that I'm against that ideology but don't cry when you know you've set standards for yourself & some people have not met such standard.
Some people get lucky & they find Men who meet the standards in short time, some don't.

I would advise that you stay put & keep your trust in God, I want to believe you have other things going for you like Career, activities etc
The same way we are not born equal and are not born with equal opportunities, some people are just unlucky when it comes to relationships and not about standards. Sometimes things happen for no fault of ours and not.because of our own doing.

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Blackmiserable(m): 7:31am On Jun 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
you have spoken well, I am not ugly lol ,just introverted and i have come to realize to be noticed and get wooed ,you have to show up ,my neigbours barely even see me . I am not the church freak ,I barely go to church (dont want to go into the.reason for that here) but then meeting someone in church is not what I am keen on as "we are all saints dresses in our best attires on Sundays' .

Thanks for your input, it is highly appreciated.

Haha, I think I have to agree, "We are all devils dressed in our best attires on Sundays." Your Introversion could be your main hindrance! Move out, tour places, go to church, social gathering, stop feeling too entitled. You just said you want a husband but you didn't really describe yourself, what you want in a spouse, and maybe a link to one of your social media accounts. You may even use a throwaway social media account BUT with a real profile pics. Why in the world do you think anyone would take you serious without a vivid description of who you are? Mind you, people (men) still woo women online so stop taking your effort for granted. Please stop!

I sent this screenshot to encourage you and prove my point and she's not even the only person I sent this message to. Meeting one's spouse through the internet works.

See this link.

https://old.reddit.com/r/r4r/

Edit: Image has been removed.
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 7:46am On Jun 19, 2019
Blackmiserable:

Haha, I think I have to agree, "We are all devils dressed in our best attires on Sundays." Your Introversion could be your main hindrance! Move out, tour places, go to church, social gathering, stop feeling too entitled. You just said you want a husband but you didn't really describe yourself, what you want in a spouse, and maybe a link to one of your social media accounts. You may even use a throwaway social media account BUT with a real profile pics. Why in the world do you think anyone would take you serious without a vivid description of who you are? Mind you, people (men) still woo women online so stop taking your effort for granted. Please stop!

I sent this screenshot to encourage you and prove my point and she's not even the only person I sent this message to. Meeting one's spouse through the internet works.

See this link.

https://old.reddit.com/r/r4r/
entitled? I think not, its just my kind of person it has helped me stay out of trouble in the past ,due to the environment I grew up , but I guess its kind of telling on me now ,I just can't leave the house when I dont have a very important reason to ,I don't mean hanging out and chatting away . I have tried ,but it seems to be proving very hard.

There are many kind of people like me, and I assure you its not a feeling of being entitled. Thanks all the same. I will put in more effort to go out more .

1 Like

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
The same way we are not born equal and are not born with equal opportunities, some people are just unlucky when it comes to relationships and not about standards. Sometimes things happen for no fault of ours and not.because of our own doing.

This is a big lie Sis. Men have been coming your way, you obviously don't like them as they don't fit to what you want. If you want to get married in 3 months, you can.

Stop lying to yourself. Do you want to tell me not up to 5 Men approached you in 2019?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 9:13am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

This is a big lie Sis. Men have been coming your way, you obviously don't like them as they don't fit to what you want. If you want to get married in 3 months, you can.

Stop lying to yourself. Do you want to tell me not up to 5 Men approached you in 2019?
because men have been coming my way doesn't mean I should settle down with a brick layer or bus conductor, one way or the other ,we as humans set standard for ourselves, its all part of life .while to some it might not be the jeep and PJ and house in lekki type ,no one wants to have to worry that the landlord will throw them out soon or see their children at home because no school fees.

I am not desperate to accept just anyone ,this is clearly a rant from the tittle, so take note. The last thing I will do is to "manage a marriage" . yes marriage has its ups and downs but some marriages don't get to experience the turmoils other couples experience .

And I don't have to convince you ,your opinion is yours and yours alone and dont you think 3 months is too far? Why not 3 days? undecided

7 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 9:48am On Jun 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
because men have been coming my way doesn't mean I should settle down with a brick layer or bus conductor, one way or the other ,we as humans set standard for ourselves, its all part of life .while to some it might not be the jeep and PJ and house in lekki type ,no one wants to have to worry that the landlord will throw them out soon or see their children at home because no school fees.

I am not desperate to accept just anyone ,this is clearly a rant from the tittle, so take note. The last thing I will do is to "manage a marriage" . yes marriage has its ups and downs but some marriages don't get to experience the turmoils other couples experience .

And I don't have to convince you ,your opinion is yours and yours alone and dont you think 3 months is too far? Why not 3 days? undecided

Sis. Literally saying, a Conductor or Bricklayer would not walk up to you to ask for your number. Men gauge ladies before walking up to them, even some Men fear to approach women who drive nice cars thinking they are above their league, no one wants to get rejected.

You already said It in your post that you have people chatting you up but not like your Ex used to. Another thing is Women don't go back in Lifestyle, your Ex probably has many nice attitudes + material things which others may not have. The truth that you Women don't know is the kind of Guy you seek for already belongs to someone else 9 out of 10 times.

Women judge Men by so many stupid Criteria, only to start dropping them over the years. Some get lucky with those stupid criteria, meet someone exactly or close & then make it a standard for other Women.

Your case is not new Sis, Truth is hard to accept.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by iamtheolatunde: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2019
Oh
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 9:58am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

Sis. Literally saying, a Conductor or Bricklayer would not walk up to you to ask for your number. Men gauge ladies before walking up to them, even some Men fear to approach women who drive nice cars thinking they are above their league, no one wants to get rejected.

You already said It in your post that you have people chatting you up but not like your Ex used to. The truth that you Women don't know is the kind of Guy you seek for already belongs to someone else.

Women judge Men by so many stupid Criteria, only to start dropping them over the years. Some get lucky with those stupid criteria, meet someone exactly or close & then make it a standard for other Women.

Your case is not new Sis, Truth is hard to accept.
Atleast you know its not about material things ,you call it standard or criteria and I call it compatibility.

compatibility is a serious thing that should not be compromised,I am for the "we die here marriage". So there is no point trying to accept and settle because time is running out. Now every human behaves similar, we eat,we bathe, but we all dont react the same way, have same opinion and relate the same way.

Whether we like to admit it or not ,there is something called social strata and beauty standards the same reason not everyone is considered a model and not everyone is considered an elite or royalty. we must always remember this and not get all worked up expecting others to lower their standards ,if for anything it should be their choice and not because they dont want to appear to be choosey.

I am guessing by the bolded statement you mean the good guys are already taken so I should settle? Well, thanks for the advice ,I dont have to take it,thanks all the same.

5 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Memberclub(m): 10:09am On Jun 19, 2019
Free cookie?

3 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
Atleast you know its not about material things ,you call it standard or criteria and I call it compactibily.

compatibility is a serious thing that should not be compromised,I am for the "we die here marriage". So there is no point trying to accept and settle because time is running out. Now every human behaves similar, we eat,we bathe, but we all dont react the same way, have same opinion and relate the same way.

I am guessing by the bolded statement you mean the good guys are already taken so I should settle? Well, thanks for the advice ,I dont have to take it,thanks all the same.

What I mean is If a Good guy comes your way, would you even recognize him? because Men of Gold don't wear Gold really.

If you talk about compatibility, It now means you need to spend quality time with each person to even know If they are compatible or not. It's not something you can fathom in a one week of chat of Whatsapp.

I still reckon that you are making excuses for nothing, when you truly want a Man. You know where to get him.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 10:17am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

What I mean is If a Good guy comes your way, would you even recognize him? because Men of Gold don't wear Gold really.

If you talk about compatibility, It now means you need to spend quality time with each person to even know If they are compatible or not. It's not something you can fathom in a one week of chat of Whatsapp.

I still reckon that you are making excuses for nothing, when you truly want a Man. You know where to get him.
can you point me in the right direction on where to get him ,add an address while at it thanks lol.

This is not a movie of a frog turning into a prince ,neither is this the secret billoniare reality show, and men of gold don't literally dont wear gold ,they wear tuxedos lol. Just saying

2 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Raalsalghul: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:
@Duggedised12:

Very brilliant summation!
Apt!
There are men everywhere, but she's looking for a particular type.
Nothing bad in that, but she shouldn't come and wail here that there are no SUITORS approaching her.

4 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Altern8(m): 10:21am On Jun 19, 2019
See talk. Better go and ask the guy out instead of hoping he would miraculously see the beautiful intentions in your heart and swoop down to get on his knees before you.

angry You wee sleep there. Better take charge and brace yourself for any backlash.

2 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by dingbang(m): 10:26am On Jun 19, 2019
Hi woman of grace, please click the link on my signature so you can attend the program, it would be worth your while. cool
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
can you point me in the right direction on where to get him ,add an address while at it thanks lol.

This is not a movie of a frog turning into a prince ,neither is this the secret billoniare reality show, and men of gold don't literally wear gold they wear tuxedos lol. Just saying

Well, good people move in groups, If you want I can link you up with friend(s) of mine who obviously will not be different in thought & lifestyle from me. Issue is there is a high probability you will complain of one thing or the other.

Same reason people complain they can't find good women in Nigeria, Ehn they are all Oloshos, Gold diggers etc. Look closely, you'll see one quiet good girl who has all the qualities they need seeking for attention, but No they're there looking for the Media validation of what beauty should be & keep ranting on Nairaland that they're no good women in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 10:40am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

Well, good people move in groups, If you want I can link you up with friend(s) of mine who obviously will not be different in thought & lifestyle from me. Issue is there is a high probability you will complain of one thing or the other.

Same reason people complain they can't find good women in Nigeria, Ehn they are all Oloshos, Gold diggers etc. Look closely, you'll see one quiet good girl who has all the qualities they need seeking for attention, but No they're there looking for the Media validation of what beauty should be & keep ranting on Nairaland that they're no good women in Nigeria.
lol, well my rant is different , in no way am I insinuating that men are scum or something, I just feel unlucky and decided to use this platform to express it. Part 3 is still coming sef ,lol

4 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Nobody: 10:42am On Jun 19, 2019
Duggedised12:
lol, well my rant is different , in no way am I insinuating that men are scum or something, I just feel unlucky and decided to use this platform to express it. Part 3 is still coming sef ,lol

Sis. abeg just leave am like this Biko. don't drop any part 3. Let us rest cheesy
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Duggedised12(f): 10:43am On Jun 19, 2019
truthsayer009:

Sis. abeg just leave am like this Biko. don't drop any part 3. Let us rest cheesy
I must rant o ,leave me tongue tongue tongue

5 Likes

Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Adaibeku(f): 1:02pm On Jun 19, 2019

Shud i help you sister
I can advertise it ,since am married
Re: Rants Of A Single Lady Part 1 by Drisade: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2019
just think u really don't know Wat u want all u need is pray for a good man irrespective of tribe, social status and money in the bank.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Share your Experience with University Girls / Prostitution In Broad Day Light In The Streets Of Arizona / When I Saw This Pics....i Had To Take Serious Dressing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.