Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! (11535 Views)

5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? / The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Elgaxton(m): 4:20pm On May 07, 2007
hey u are supposed to compensate ur boyfriend for not givin him time

afterall time is far more important than the so-called Tantalizers/ Mamaput,

Advice to every nigerian lady: always think of the part u are faulting too,

if you are wise, buy him correct Mr Biggs to prove

u are not one of those gold- diggers!!! lookin for where to settle 4 dinner after a hard day's work

by the way what does ur boyfriend do for a livin @ least let's start from there,

Me I'm tired of this naijah babe's trend of buy me food, recharge card etc.

u just sell urself so cheap!

abba food!!!

*** too much talk abi: well u really like him like u said above then just buy Good food
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Everbright(f): 4:45pm On May 07, 2007
Must you wait for him to buy you good food before you can eat it?
By the way,were you eating in these places before you met him
Or you just want to start it now cos he's there
Am saying this cos if he met you eating in such places,he wouldn't take you to mamaput grin grin
Unless he's a winch grin
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Gheorghe(m): 5:59pm On May 07, 2007
jesuspikin na waoooo.well number one be say u no even dey thank God say him dey comot carry plate go buy u food,jus imagine dat, walahi him dey try for u o,im fact him tooo love u.

landers have said a lot and the two major things i have to say are 1.if u really love him,u can always cook when u get to his place,these way u'll neva complain of what u eat,buka or mommy-put and 2.be true to urselves,what is still keeping u two togrther (with all the on and off relationships)?? does he have what u can't get elsewhere?

abeg make una go talk-the-talk and leave mama bashira out of these grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Okejazz(m): 10:01pm On May 07, 2007
Una cool down…nu.!!! see as all man dey jump for this omo (jesus freak) case …, say the okpeke nah gold digger and her relationship with her bobo go take a downward toll because she don tire for Mama Put, meanwhile we no know if…
1. Guyman meet the omo for buka….con feel say since dem don dey accustomed to that communal “washing basin” type of eatery, grin make e no change wetin join dem together in the first place. BUKATERIA!!!
2. The omo wan upgrade…….(who dash u?)
3. She think say she don see better life especially now wey she and her bobo don chop AWOOF for Tantalizer and Mr Bigg’s on top their friend head.
4. Guyman no sabi cook…. and money dey tight.
5. She no be the main babe…(nah sidekick….reason why their relationship nah OFF TODAY….ON NEXT TOMMORROW).
6. The guyman nah “hothead” and the omo no fit cough where him dey….so she no know how she go fit approach am on this matter.

Well Jesusfreak, these are just mere assumptions and i know a woman likes to be treated out , but like others looking from the outside, i'ld say you really don't have a problem, besides some of the roadside eateries serve the closest to delicious "home food" if not better. If this is a pressing issue then you need to communicate more with your boyfriend and tell him the way you feel.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by nazzyon(m): 11:14pm On May 07, 2007
Nigerian girls and their way of life.

I came  across some girls of ages ranging between 18-20 @ a Buka in Yaba Area of recent because that is where I eat whenever I am in Yaba.

So I over heard the girls talking about the guy who would take them out and the guy whom they visited. And bros served them Garri and Iced Water,  They went on chanting that if any guy would take them out he has to take their group and they were like 6 in number and besides that he has to take them to an Eatery,  More like the first poster.

If any of those girls come online, I believe once they come across this thread and read my post they would know who posted it because I couldn't  pretend that I was not hearing them.

I still don't get the reason why girls do this,  may be it is because I am not dating yet but I feel they know it is not right.  What they don't know is that it leads to lots of the things happening to them nowadays (Maltreatments).

You sleep on Mat in your family house and you expect your boy friend to put you on a King Sized bed,  Is it right?

To me I believe, whores are the one's you threat like dirty. But I have come to realise that some girls are now behaving like that. And this is because of what they are doing to the guys.

Funny enough it happens all round the world.

I am still wondering why how my love life will be, because I don't have time for that kindda life.

Pardon me if you threat the guys right.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by LoVeBoOBS: 1:48am On May 08, 2007
You Nigerian Girls are very funny sha, you are not even happy his buying you buka food instead of giving your ass some garri and groundnut with sugar.
Girl I wish it was me someone is buying buka food for because I haven't eaten it in years, even when I visited Naija 4yrs ago during summer I had some buka food, and I think the name of the place is baba Ghana in Ebuta Metta, omo it tasted so good that I licked all my five fingers. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Ndipe(m): 2:51am On May 08, 2007
Funny@lovebob
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by LoVeBoOBS: 2:56am On May 08, 2007
Na true talk oh cheesy cheesy cheesy omo i miss Naija buka can't wait 4 this summer to eat some real food tongue tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by NiteAngel(m): 4:03am On May 08, 2007
Can't you cook? What sort of women do we have these days. It's either you encourage him to buy stuff with which both of you can cook or you tell him you prefer home made food that way he'll cook for you. If you know he is not financially stable and you insist on nice food, you are already on to go list. When he becomes financially viable he'll simply believe that you are in because things are better.

If he changes gear to nice places and he falls in love with it be ready for him to continue and move a step further to bring home benefits of the frequent visits. Buka food can only go on for a while; he'll outgrow it sooner than you imagine.

My suggestion ask for home made food or begin by bringing food or stuff to cook with; that could provide a good event for you guy instead of buka-sex-gist. One note of warning don't bring stuff he can't afford if you'll be cooking at his place. You can include whatever as long as he doesn't have to contend with the ingredients.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Lawijo(m): 9:01am On May 08, 2007
jesusfreak,
Me think you are entitle to complain, but come to think of it,
Are you in this relationship only for the food thing?
And because of what kind of food the guy can buy you?
You are f, king CHEAP! Get a life!
When I am in Nigeria, I take my time to enjoy buka food o.
There is one in Surulere, , ehm , wetin call: OLAIYA tongue
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by DewDrop(f): 9:10am On May 08, 2007
[center]LoL @ topic
Your man is cheap
You either deal with it or not
And I'm sure you're not referring to Marco Polo, Imperial, Oceanview e.t.c)
TSo something affordable but nicer than 'buka' food abi?
You could always buy/bring your own food!
He'd get your point,
LoL
You should know him and his budget by now.
It's silly - complaining about where he takes you to eat! (But I'm sure that's not [i]REALLY [/i]the problem is it?!)
Are you sure that's what you're really upset at?

[/center]
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Elgaxton(m): 9:28am On May 08, 2007
O'l babe u see now!

LoVeBoOBS:

Na true talk oh cheesy cheesy cheesy omo i miss Naija buka can't wait 4 this summer to eat some real food tongue tongue

wetin girlee like u dey write , meanwhile u dey busy dey complain, just appreciate ur man and giv him real time abeg!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by omirin(m): 10:37am On May 08, 2007
Be contented with whatever he gives you and try to be appreciative of anything he gives.And concerning being wanted to be beloved,it must start from you and dont let your expectation overweighs your own efforts and contributions of building a good relationship with him because The test of love is what one is willing and able to do for the one he or she loveS

BE A CARING AND LOVING PARTNER,
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by afrikangal(f): 1:57pm On May 08, 2007
this kind thang na big time ya wao.maybe he his tryin to prove to ya dat he his a real african boi.but he no suppose to dey do am all time.na wa o.i pity u sef.no be every time make u guys fit they eat from bukka or wetin u call them sef.oh gal i pity ur stomach o.u sef get wahala u suppose to dey chop b4 u go haba.just messin wit ya smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley enough love xxxxx
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by endychux: 2:12pm On May 08, 2007
@ jesusfreak
Have u ever told him that u don't like him taking u to bukka?
my dear if ur guy really luvs u then u don't need to worry because of the bukka stuff. talk it out wit him.
talk wit ur guy!!
don't let pple mislead u.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by puker(m): 8:18pm On May 08, 2007
Na wao! You call ya self jesus-wetin and you dey complain for eating iya basira well thank God because some poeple dey wen never see that kind one self. e b like say you be longer throat o. Why you no dey chop for house before goin him place. And wen you go there how many times you dey cook carry food go make una share. I see say you no love that guy and the poeple wen dey carry una comot go chop take away don spoil you finish. I beg no follow any of dem go o. Since wey be say food na ya problem
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by sisimose(f): 8:22pm On May 08, 2007
lmao
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Okejazz(m): 8:32pm On May 08, 2007
This post just reminded me of my oh-so- missed experience at the bukka.
It was part of our subculture as a student away from home.
Ah!, those days
, pounded yam and egusi soup at Mama Bomboy, no forget to put jara  grin
Her pepper soup eh, will definitely cure all your catharr  grin.

But the blaring truth is that most bukkas (roadside eateries) are patronized by transit drivers, mechanics and other blue-collar workers. Not only that, they are located in a not-so-appealing surrounding which makes it definitely not for the weak stomachs.

However, as a connoisseur of good food I will say that I have had several mouth-watery, finger-licking, bone-splittin, marrow-suckin moments at a bukka, kai!

Even your Western or supposedly modernized joints incorporate foods served in the roadside bukka in their menu to attract more customers.  
So my dear, unless your boyfriend buys you bukka food prepared by women from Burkina Faso, grin grin grin  then you don't have a problem.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Ndipe(m): 2:56am On May 09, 2007
What's wrong with the dishes prepared by Burkinabe women?
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by spoilt(f): 3:37am On May 09, 2007
i was just thinking the same thing ndipe!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by benbella(m): 1:26pm On May 09, 2007
if he buys u buka food i guess not too bad but once in a while he should give u real treat u see boys prefer feeling up their tummy not give themselve real treat and still be hungry one have u weighed is pocket and u talked to him about it and ask urselve are u forming or not dont compare him with his friends i am against u on that
how often do u both communicate and hope u iron out things some boys dont buy atall so dont loose the one u have
u can put him to shame buy urselve noodles or cant u cook in ur boyfriends place take the money cook for him and u might see he might love u better
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by bdaf(m): 1:40pm On May 09, 2007
u de say ur boyfriend de buy buka food, make i ask u this ? u don ever buy ham buka food. ar be u nor know say na from buka e take de go Mr small and mr Biggs. abeg go tell doo 1st before u come us tell wetin e go u again.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by blackchief(m): 4:50pm On May 09, 2007
what u are saying now is that if the guy ask ur hand in marrage, u will say no because he brought u food from a buka abi.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by FactorChic(f): 6:53pm On May 09, 2007
LMAO grin grin grin grin grin

the title pf this post is good enough to make one laugh "MY BOYFRIEND BUYS ME BUKA FOOD"
LMAO
dats funny
is he like d poor kinda guy or he's just stingy?

he buys it all d time, atleast he should act "classy" once in a while
nothing wrong with buka food, I'm craving it right now
but c'mon, he should take u out sometimes, like a fancy restaurant, dats more romantic
BUKA!!!!
haba
and he dey do am all d time
he must be stingy!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by FactorChic(f): 6:59pm On May 09, 2007
All d men wey dey talk here make una SHARAP!!! angry

see as dem dey open mouth, naija gurls this, naija gurls that
RUBBISH
poor men

why d girls no go complain, na so one come here dey post one topic like that "what use is my girlfriend if I cant sleep with her" and he claims to have spent money on her

I sure say d money he dey spend na Buka him dey spend am, con dey expect d girl to sleep with him

c'mon LAdies deserve more respect, nothing wrong with a buka, but all d time, haba
and if d girl no wan sleep with u, u go dey open mouth like goat wey dem roast
make una sharap!!! angry

and what's with the on and off relationship, stuffs like that don't work
make una end am now b4 its too late!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by minute(f): 12:14am On May 10, 2007
too bad u date my type of guy.
Girl i really gat nothing to say here cld u pass the guy to mii?

seriously,this is no big deal,if u dont like the food he buys for u,buy some on ur way to his place or eat when u get to ur house, simple as dat.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by kike001(f): 12:56pm On May 10, 2007
food is food so far u didnt get food piosoinin i guess maybe dats wat he can afford
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by tenor(m): 4:11pm On May 10, 2007
Sweetheart, you shouldn't have posted this. First and fivemost, can't you cook?The bros actually goes out to buy you food unlike some guys who'll insist you cook. Don't worry when one sweet, beautiful, correct calabar girl steals your man from you by cooking and f#cking your man to submission, your eye go clear. Dey complain dey go o!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by verbocity: 12:00pm On May 11, 2007
Simple solution: Eat before going to his place.

Verdict: The guy is either broke or he is a miser. Period.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by software(m): 9:56pm On May 11, 2007
FactorChic:

All d men wey dey talk here make una SHARAP!!! angry

see as them dey open mouth, naija girls this, naija girls that
RUBBISH
poor men

Pls try and be more construtive and decent in ur future posts, WHY CLASS ALL THE MEN TOGETHER? And pls dont call us poor men.

Sebi na una kuku dey collect all the money for our hand, angry
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by FactorChic(f): 3:32am On May 14, 2007
software:

Please try and be more construtive and decent in your future posts, WHY CLASS ALL THE MEN TOGETHER? And please don't call us poor men.

Sebi na una kuku dey collect all the money for our hand, angry

which yeye money?
sebi na d money una give we go collect
una wey dey collect money from d ladies nko?

lol, I apologise for that earlier, but seriously, its just totally wrong, dating a girl for 2yrs without giving her anything!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by FactorChic(f): 3:33am On May 14, 2007
LOl, I think I got d wrong post grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can I Make Toast Bread? / Your Favorite Road Side Meal : Boli, Boiled/Roasted Corn Or Roasted Yam? / As A Bachelor Do You Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.