Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,069 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! (11524 Views)

5 Types Of People You Meet At A Typical Nigerian Buka (mama Put) / The Secret Of Buka Stew - MSG, Firewood, Palm-oil Or Juju ? / The Best Buka You Ever Ate In? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 1:36am On May 05, 2007
Infact cute,you are one smart girl.
There was a time nairaland was filled with so many unintelligent,trash talking uncultured girls(I will name no names) and I told my brothers on here that if these were the stock,they'll have to choose wives from,they were in deep trouble,the offsprings would be worse than the almajiri's of Kano.

I take back that statement.
Intelligent girls of Nigerian descent still dey.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 1:42am On May 05, 2007
i support being financially responsible for your gf but not to the extent that the girl now begins to demand her "rights" as if you were the one who concieved her. She conveniently forgot to tell us what she does anytime the boy visits and complains he is hungry.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by heyma: 1:43am On May 05, 2007
jesusfreak let me select a few for you.

Should i assume you're like hungry almost all the time you visit.
by cute-ass

may i know how long you've be moving out with this boy?because i believe once in a while u take the girl out to a nice place just to make her happy,it is not going to take all your money and the one outing will not closed his bank account.
by hope

Anywayz I think it's crap to say buy your food before going to (your boyfriend) his house.

Check Timeni, Jidody, Pennyman, Software, Seun's second post On the Buka thing and check IBdat reagrding gifts.

Other posts I find simply crazy funny. smiley

And hey has anyone thought of it that it could be the nearest available thing. That was my first thought even before jesusfreak made the statement that they hardly have time for each other when they meet.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 1:47am On May 05, 2007
but people buka food is not that bad,
My aunt had a happening buka in ojota and she was a great cook,buka food is homemade food.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by cuteass1(f): 1:52am On May 05, 2007
babyosisi:

Infact cute,you are one smart girl.
There was a time nairaland was filled with so many unintelligent,trash talking uncultured girls(I will name no names) and I told my brothers on here that if these were the stock,they'll have to choose wives from,they were in deep trouble,the offsprings would be worse than the almajiri's of Kano.

I take back that statement.
Intelligent girls of Nigerian descent still dey.

Dear, that's the height of compliments, hope i live up to it lol but honestly though i'm flattered . .thanks!!! cheesy

davidylan:

i support being financially responsible for your girlfriend but not to the extent that the girl now begins to demand her "rights" as if you were the one who concieved her. She conveniently forgot to tell us what she does anytime the boy visits and complains he is hungry.

I don't think she forgot. As it seems, i don't actually think her guy will have the nerves to complain of hunger when he'll end up being the one doing the buying, and while he's at it( buying "buka buka"wink, he' still showered with insults of how his mates take their girlfriends to high classy diners.

David, if na you, you go talk??
BTW girls should start doing things in the kitchen too, or you've not heard?? Nothing trips a guy like having a lady that can make him some home-made-finger-licking food. But it seems this brother lost on that side too cry

@ poster
you said something about you guys not having time?? but you still have time to complain of hunger, have one of you go get "buka" and then eat it . . na wa ooh, the defintion of time seems different in everybody's dictionary

My dear for future relationships, make time. Give as much as you want to recieve. Its a "two peopel's"thing, don't make it fall just to the one side wink
Today, this is a story we're all laughing at, but take my words it might be a big determining part of your life tomorrow!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 2:01am On May 05, 2007
babyosisi:

but people buka food is not that bad,
My aunt had a happening buka in ojota and she was a great cook,buka food is homemade food.

. . . and has less fat

cute-ass:

David, if na you, you go talk??
BTW girls should start doing things in the kitchen too, or you've not heard?? Nothing trips a guy like having a lady that can make him some home-made-finger-licking food. But it seems this brother lost on that side too cry

How can i go to her house and complain of hunger when i know the next thing is for me to shell out scarce naira notes to buy HER food at mrbiggs!
Anytime i'm there i'll be more than full even when i'm really starving.

I once dated a chic who new the way to a man's stomach. We NEVER ate out in the 13 months we were together. She cooked ALL the time including foods she didnt eat and had to go learn from friends simply because i barely mentioned it when we talked. Now THAT was a real woman not this yeye girl calling herself Jesusfreak when she should be called golddiggingfreak.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by cuteass1(f): 2:07am On May 05, 2007
davidylan:

. . . and has less fat

How can i go to her house and complain of hunger when i know the next thing is for me to shell out scarce naira notes to buy HER food at mrbiggs!

LOL grin grin i thought so too grin Now you understand the guy!!

I once dated a chic who new the way to a man's stomach. We NEVER ate out in the 13 months we were together. She cooked ALL the time including foods she didnt eat and had to go learn from friends simply because i barely mentioned it when we talked. Now THAT was a real woman.

It really does take two to tango . . the left hand washes the right hand, and the right hand washes the left hand.
My secondary school will call it "division of labour"
While Babyosisi's signature would say "to whom much is given, much is expected/required" wink cheesy cheesy cool
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 2:31am On May 05, 2007
davidylan:

. . . and has less fat

I[b] once dated a chic who new the way to a man's stomach. We NEVER ate out in the 13 months we were together. She cooked ALL the time including foods she didnt eat and had to go learn from friends simply because i barely mentioned it when we talked. [/b] Now THAT was a real woman not this yeye girl calling herself Jesusfreak when she should be called golddiggingfreak.

what happened?
It seemed like you found the right one and let her go
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 3:06am On May 05, 2007
babyosisi:

what happened?
It seemed like you found the right one and let her go

madam babyosisi, till tomorrow i keep asking myself why i did o. I guess sometimes we dont know what we have until its gone.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by spoilt(f): 3:27am On May 05, 2007
you teach people how to treat you.
if you never say anything he'll continue treating you cheaply. its not fronting like some people may think. in my personal experience because i never complain i was once reduced to pure water, buka and okada's. (yes you heard me.i was terrified of bikes but i didnt complain.) it was ironic because i could afford to eat 3 times a day in nicon noga hilton every damn day if i wanted. one day i just revolted and called him a miser. he was making good money but being cheap like money was scarce. guys atimes forget how to treat you like a lady because you never say anything.
these days what i can afford for myself (and yes i treat myself well!) is what i expect from a man and much more. undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by oge4real(f): 3:31am On May 05, 2007
just manage what he has for now and remember not to despise the days of humble beginning.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by TCUBE(m): 4:26am On May 05, 2007
take ur food along the next time u go to his place, word!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by spoilt(f): 4:56am On May 05, 2007
drastic situations need drastic measures! carry your food in a cooler to his house next time. thats funny as hell. if he doesnt get the message then he will never get it! angry
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Ndipe(m): 5:07am On May 05, 2007
Did you expect him to wine and dine you at a swanky restaurant? Get real!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by TCUBE(m): 5:23am On May 05, 2007
So u are only interested in him buying u food all the time.Why are u always hungry anytime u are at his place? try eating from house next time /, word!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Pain(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2007
Then The Hell Get Into The KITCHEN!!!! embarassed shocked
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Godfathern(m): 9:09am On May 05, 2007
Well, that may be his own life style, he may have the money but have greater priority. U just have to take him for who he is. or better still, have u considered taking him out to those nice places u talk about and taking care of the expenses? Do that a couple of times and make him know how u enjoy eating in such places. the next time u tell him u are hungry I gues there will be a difference. smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by LEVI2ME(m): 9:22am On May 05, 2007
Sorry!!!!!!! may i ask, you be ajebo or ajeparki .
Anyone it is then it as to be according to the guys pocket but
maybe the guy would just be more considerate if you be AJEBO[color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by LEVI2ME(m): 9:25am On May 05, 2007
Sorry!!!!!!! may i ask, you be ajebo or ajeparki .
Anyhow it is then, it's as to be according to the guys pocket but
maybe the guy would just be more considerate if you be AJEBO[color=#006600][/color]
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by jesusfreak(f): 9:55am On May 05, 2007
im stunned at the many replies this topic has been getting.

some just ahead and wrote stuff without reading through all i said.  undecided

im not a vain person as some replies suggest. embarassed

my b/f and i are having some problems because of my working hours so we hardly see each other.

he doesnt live alone, we meet in his friend's place because he prefers it to his family house.

we're not students as someone assumed, we re both graduautes just that he's planning for a second degree abroad.

and no, ive never insisted that he must buy me anything. yes, ive given him something before.im not particularly insisting that he gets me a gift, anything as mundane as a short note wuld do just fine as long as it makes me feel loved

i eat food he gives me because i don't want to hurt his feelings.

yes, ive cooked for him before.

yes, he takes me to the buka or buys the food grin

anyhow, thanks everyone, ive really had a goooooooooood laugh at my own story! grin

ladies out there, please be frank, we all want to feel loved once in a while right and it doesnt have to be expensive to say something like "i love you"
or "your hair looks great"

im not asking for the guy's money but his love!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by adconline(m): 10:24am On May 05, 2007
Any law in this planet that your boyfreind should always buy you food? Would it not be nice if you take him to those nice places you would love him to take you.

Does your boyfriend eat BUKA food?
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by jesusfreak(f): 10:28am On May 05, 2007
yup that's what he eats

and i do buy him food at times but what if he keeps insisting that i must eat what he buys? i really dont have a choice
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Obeto(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2007
Sorry dear, this is not an issue. U should know your guy better than anyone in this forum. An issue like this is individualistic in nature. U are simply tellin the house that you're yet to know your guy. I'll advice you to keep mute and try as much as possibly to understand each other. Understanding is what builds mutual relationship.

Personally, i know it's good to take your girl out once a while for a treat, but not mandatory. Abi u want make the guy chop him future with sweetmouth. When the love and understanding is there, MOKAKA (Dried Bread) will do  cool. My young lady, look beyong the physical if you want to sustain your relationship. Be careful of whom you seek advice and the people you listen to.

"A MARRIED WOMAN SHOULD NOT ASK A DIVORCEE FOR ADVICE. SHE SHOULD HAVE USED THE ADVICE TO SUSTAIN HER MARRIAGE".

Sorry I forgot I was cooking. Ciao!!!  wink cool
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by jesusfreak(f): 1:02pm On May 05, 2007
@ davidlyan

i tot u had more class than to start a name calling trend here again!

if u feel im  a gold digger which thank heavens im not! y don't u be civil about it :-\

materialism is a relative term and its funny how everyone is being so priggish about the whole thing. we just love condemning others don't we?
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Seun(m): 1:08pm On May 05, 2007
@jesusfreak: we are sorry for misjudging you. I am sorry for saying that your relationship is doomed. embarassed
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by jesusfreak(f): 1:17pm On May 05, 2007
its okay seun, im not mad

i just feel pple shld stop being so righteous all the time. no body's perfect sad
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Bankole01(m): 1:19pm On May 05, 2007
A good buka beats any mr biggs or sweet sensation any day. I can't wait till my next visit ti naija so I can eat buka food. I have this woman whose rice and beans is simply heavenly, I miss it so much, sometimes I eat it for breakfast.
Girl enjoy the buka food and stop being uppity.
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Obeto(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2007
jesusfreak:

if u feel im  a gold digger which thank heavens im not! y don't u be civil about it :-\

materialism is a relative term and its funny how everyone is being so priggish about the whole thing. we just love condemning others don't we?

@ Jesusfreak
Sista, make u non vex na. Allow guys to express their view. At least we "assume" to be in Democracy(Is this spelling correct lipsrsealed)

On a second thought, this time issue even they allow una make love so lipsrsealed. E fit be say na the thing dey vex the guy.   cool

DEMOCRACY still holds.

Ciao!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by TBAG6(f): 1:40pm On May 05, 2007
do u reali think he's iya basira,
or na u no understand
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by desorlah(f): 1:44pm On May 05, 2007
@ jesusfreak Good-luck wink kiss[table][/table]
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by jesusfreak(f): 1:46pm On May 05, 2007
thanks dear

but i av a feeling my relationship is not working anymore anyhow undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Buys Me Buka Food! by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 05, 2007
jesusfreak:

@ davidlyan

if u feel im a gold digger which thank heavens im not! y don't u be civil about it :-\

I'm sorry for using the term, it was done in the heat of the moment. pele. wink
But my oppinion still stands, cook for him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Do You Drink Water While Eating? / Your Favorite Road Side Meal : Boli, Boiled/Roasted Corn Or Roasted Yam? / As A Bachelor Do You Cook?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.