Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,761 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 (113595 Views)

Visiting Hungerbad's Mother To Show Solidarity After Four Years Rememberance / Remembering Hungerbad, Nairaland Most Iconic Figure That Passed Away / Burial Photos Of A Fallen Hero, Kennedy Ovabore (Hungerbad) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Estellie: 6:19am On May 24, 2019
Honestly, life is nothing. NOTHING... Live while you still can.. This is sad.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by gr8cany: 6:19am On May 24, 2019
O God! Accept this soul in heaven please..Rest in peace great one

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 6:20am On May 24, 2019
R. I. P
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by MistadeRegal(m): 6:21am On May 24, 2019
Am I dreaming? No this can't be! So that man is same sobriquet as Hungerbad! My Gosh!
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 6:21am On May 24, 2019
comshots:
Why would a us army be commenting and posting topics on nairaland when he was supposed to be busy in Arab countries battling against terrorists? American soldiers are busy personnel,unlike their Nigerian counterpart.I find it hard to believe that late soldier is hungarbad.

An average Nigerian has lost the use of his brains. There are soldiers that work in an office like you and I. Next time before you type something and prove to us you lack brain cells try re-reading the rubbish you are about to post at least 3 times. Slowpoke

Rest In Peace Hungerbad. One of the few good ones in this forum. Seun you just lost a gem, come pay your tributes.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by idiagbo86(m): 6:22am On May 24, 2019
Rest in peace boss.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 6:23am On May 24, 2019
Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! God why? This guy helped a lot of NLanders here.. So sorry Bro. Rip

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by DWJOBScom(m): 6:23am On May 24, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
Just a Sec...
I am still trying to remember someone with a moniker here on NL that was rumoured dead, only for that moniker to become active later...
Do your findings wella oh...
Anyways May God comfort his family and friends...

Exactly!!!

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 6:25am On May 24, 2019
Too bad, will like to know why he choose that moniker and what killed him? R.I.P HungerBAD
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Duggedised12(f): 6:25am On May 24, 2019
Sad! embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 6:25am On May 24, 2019
My day don spoil.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by SarkinYarki: 6:26am On May 24, 2019
Ayotemide:
I don't think you have noticed but his last posts were on May 9th whereas his death was announced as May 5th. Are you very sure?
March 9th
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 6:27am On May 24, 2019
error4040:

He was A FREE MASON.

IT'S JUST A FVCKING PICTURE.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2019
DWJOBScom:

Exactly!!!
That's 09 March. He died this month na

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by ujezeez(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2019
One of the few monikers on Nairaland which serves as a constant reminder on the need to hustle as a man....Hungerbad gon!...Rest on brov!

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by smeag0l(m): 6:27am On May 24, 2019
He chose the logo cos he was a mason. Now , lalasticlala, Dominique and mynd44 can you already ban that guy who is celebrating the death of my friend , hungerbad and even wishing others dead cos of political affiliations?
jimi4us:
Oh my God, who would have thought he was a US soldier.

Look at what he used as his Nairaland Profile, what does it mean.?

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by ngadaAwo: 6:28am On May 24, 2019
[s]
iSlayer2:

Hahahahahaha. Did the few bucks he gave you, buy your soul? Look at this clown, it's today you showed me your true nature. Odumagana.

No rule 2 for a dead tribal idiot!

*Spits*
[/s]
trash trash trash
i never benefited from his gestures nor knew him but mocking the dead irrespective of who involved (except Buhari) is not proper
we shall all die one day nobody owns his life
Infact you or I can die this morning
there's no guarantee of life
at least what you can do is to say your respect and go or simply ignore.
this is unnecessary
kiss the truth

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Heineken(m): 6:28am On May 24, 2019
He must have suffered at one point in time for him to know that hungerbad. Hunger is actually bad. A very good man. How come the good die? Rest in peace sir. It pays to be good....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by lamidex(m): 6:29am On May 24, 2019
Rest on brother.

My hands are shaking and I don't know what to write.

Vanity upon vanity.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Emmzy201(m): 6:30am On May 24, 2019
Rip man
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by CanadaOrBust: 6:30am On May 24, 2019
femi4:
Assisting undergraduates in paying school fees

U mean like does posting on NL they were about to drop out - I read those were scams. How can I know legit ones to help?
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Heineken(m): 6:31am On May 24, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
Too bad, will like to know why he choose that moniker and what killed him? R.I.P HungerBAD
it's obvious why he chose that moniker bro. He must have suffered at a point.. Hunger is bad bro.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Kingzy4pep(m): 6:32am On May 24, 2019
You guys shouldn't be speaking ill about the dead. Common!
It doesn't make any sense at all.
It's not a must to comment.

Rip Kennedy.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by femi4: 6:32am On May 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

U mean like does posting on NL they were about to drop out - I read those were scams. How can I know legit ones to help?
he always request for their school id card and other means of identification
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by kaziblake(f): 6:32am On May 24, 2019
BuhariIsBURIED:
He has a story behind that monicker
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Realhommie(m): 6:33am On May 24, 2019
Nednwoko:
He wrote this below sometime last year, that was how I was able to get a glimpse of who he was. See in quote:

"This sounds interesting. Story not complete. Joeruano complete this story.

Joeruano thanks for completing the story.

I try not to talk about my personal stuff on Nairaland,but will make an exception today and tell a story before commenting on yours.

I am a Niger Deltan like you too,and a couple of months ago,my younger sister got married. I am also the oldest child and my dad is late(RIP) and so I am the Head of the family.

I had known her husband to be for a couple of years,and I know him to be a struggling young man,who is into different businesses and trying to survive.

Sometimes, without telling anyone, I push little contracts for him to handle so as to meet up,since he never once approached me for money considering the fact he knows I am on the okay side.

I liked him then,and I like him now. I wished him my inlaw,which he eventually became. I consider him a younger brother and that was how I treated him.

My Sister too, a beautiful young lady works for one of those organizations that pays in the 200k region . My sister is also a prudent woman who I know does not spend money on petty things.

When it was time for marriage. They approached me,and after giving them my blessing, I agreed they should go ahead and plan their marriage in Lagos. Later my mother started giving me heat that we should not ignore tradition,and out of pressure from more of my mothers family, I asked them to go get the list from the village.

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

Finishing my story.

When I saw the list, to say I was taken aback would be an understatement. They asked for everything there,and then some.

Now let me talk about this my village people and my history with them.

I went straight for my post-graduate degree,after my NYSC,and after graduation, showed up in my community,thinking they will hook me up with one of the Multiple National oil companies there, as a native.

They refused to help in a hostile way,and called me a Yoruba man,since i was born and bred in Lagos. And that the spots for jobs they had was for the people that grew up there,and not for strangers like us.

I left there after weeks hanging around, knocking on different doors. It was the humiliation of how I got to Lagos that still gets me upset. I sold my shoes,belts, trousers and my wristwatch.

I swore to never go to my people again for anything.

But my sister was getting married,and her husband to be did not have the muscle to sort everything out. I wanted to help, but did not want to look desperate as if I am in a hurry to just throw my sister way.

Told them not to worry,and that I will sort everything out when I fly back into the Country. A week later I flew into Nigeria,and called for a meeting with my inlaw to be. I asked him to look at the list and see what he can afford there. And when he picked the little things he could shoulder, I told him to bring the cash equivalent,and that I will go to the village myself to beg on his behalf.

I went to my hometown that weekend,and had a meeting with the elders of my family and the community, where I presented them with everything they asked for. I told them my inlaw had provided them to me in Lagos. They got their complete list,as I had swore me or any of my family members will never beg them for anything again.

The only thing they did was send a 5 man village representative to Come for the traditional wedding in Lagos,and that I took care of too.

My sister got married because big brother would not let traditionalists hold her marriage to ransom. They got what they wanted, and everybody is happy.

Not everyone I understand has a brother, or even anyone willing to stick it out for them to make sure their marriage works,as regards meeting the financial burden. And this is why the Tradition of extorting people under the quise of a long lists for marriage should be stopped."
I saw this post on that very thread.. I had known him to be very funny, sarcastic and somewhat humane but when i saw this very post i knew he had connections and was well off financially..

It's sad he's gone, saw the news last night and never would have imagined the person to be our beloved Hungerbad, too bad..

There's nothing in this life.. Sleep on big bros, God grant your soul eternal rest. Amen

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (31) (Reply)

A Married Woman's Facebook Post That Got People Talking / Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.