Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,560 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 (113695 Views)

Visiting Hungerbad's Mother To Show Solidarity After Four Years Rememberance / Remembering Hungerbad, Nairaland Most Iconic Figure That Passed Away / Burial Photos Of A Fallen Hero, Kennedy Ovabore (Hungerbad) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by mixedgene: 8:46am On May 24, 2019
RIP Soldier.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by 1759King: 8:47am On May 24, 2019
RIP Hungerbad
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Babacele: 8:50am On May 24, 2019
Jesus Christ! I taught it was a joke!
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 8:50am On May 24, 2019
RIP big boss, nlers will always have you in our hearts
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by kesmiraAutos: 8:51am On May 24, 2019
RIP Brother. May God grant you eternal rest in his bossom.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by bukatyne(f): 8:53am On May 24, 2019
Nednwoko:
He wrote this below sometime last year, that was how I was able to get a glimpse of who he was. See in quote:

"This sounds interesting. Story not complete. Joeruano complete this story.

Joeruano thanks for completing the story.

I try not to talk about my personal stuff on Nairaland,but will make an exception today and tell a story before commenting on yours.

I am a Niger Deltan like you too,and a couple of months ago,my younger sister got married. I am also the oldest child and my dad is late(RIP) and so I am the Head of the family.

I had known her husband to be for a couple of years,and I know him to be a struggling young man,who is into different businesses and trying to survive.

Sometimes, without telling anyone, I push little contracts for him to handle so as to meet up,since he never once approached me for money considering the fact he knows I am on the okay side.

I liked him then,and I like him now. I wished him my inlaw,which he eventually became. I consider him a younger brother and that was how I treated him.

My Sister too, a beautiful young lady works for one of those organizations that pays in the 200k region . My sister is also a prudent woman who I know does not spend money on petty things.

When it was time for marriage. They approached me,and after giving them my blessing, I agreed they should go ahead and plan their marriage in Lagos. Later my mother started giving me heat that we should not ignore tradition,and out of pressure from more of my mothers family, I asked them to go get the list from the village.

When they brought the list, the young man went into a very sad mood and my sister called me complaining that village people want to destroy her marriage.

I will finish this story tomorrow. I am about to go take care of some personal matters.

Finishing my story.

When I saw the list, to say I was taken aback would be an understatement. They asked for everything there,and then some.

Now let me talk about this my village people and my history with them.

I went straight for my post-graduate degree,after my NYSC,and after graduation, showed up in my community,thinking they will hook me up with one of the Multiple National oil companies there, as a native.

They refused to help in a hostile way,and called me a Yoruba man,since i was born and bred in Lagos. And that the spots for jobs they had was for the people that grew up there,and not for strangers like us.

I left there after weeks hanging around, knocking on different doors. It was the humiliation of how I got to Lagos that still gets me upset. I sold my shoes,belts, trousers and my wristwatch.

I swore to never go to my people again for anything.

But my sister was getting married,and her husband to be did not have the muscle to sort everything out. I wanted to help, but did not want to look desperate as if I am in a hurry to just throw my sister way.

Told them not to worry,and that I will sort everything out when I fly back into the Country. A week later I flew into Nigeria,and called for a meeting with my inlaw to be. I asked him to look at the list and see what he can afford there. And when he picked the little things he could shoulder, I told him to bring the cash equivalent,and that I will go to the village myself to beg on his behalf.

I went to my hometown that weekend,and had a meeting with the elders of my family and the community, where I presented them with everything they asked for. I told them my inlaw had provided them to me in Lagos. They got their complete list,as I had swore me or any of my family members will never beg them for anything again.

The only thing they did was send a 5 man village representative to Come for the traditional wedding in Lagos,and that I took care of too.

My sister got married because big brother would not let traditionalists hold her marriage to ransom. They got what they wanted, and everybody is happy.

Not everyone I understand has a brother, or even anyone willing to stick it out for them to make sure their marriage works,as regards meeting the financial burden. And this is why the Tradition of extorting people under the quise of a long lists for marriage should be stopped."

Hmmmm.

What a legacy.

May God console all he left behind.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Akabuking: 8:55am On May 24, 2019
Continue to Rest brother, till we meet to part no more.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 8:55am On May 24, 2019
I don't even want to type RIP, i know you are laughing at us wherever u are right now.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Otuegbe: 8:57am On May 24, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:
.. A candle in the wind.

Life is indeed ephemeral. I can't still believe you are gone, Mr Marshall. You promised to call me after everything had been sorted out about your health. I remember the last time I called you, how we spoke lengthily, your advices. How you wanted me to soar and do better. Before I knew you, I was a lost soul, still wandering and wondering, I had nothing and NOBODY, and then you came along, you helped and I was totally taken aback. I was sunk in depression and really wanted to die as there was nothing living for, and then I sent you a PM. You replied hastily, how unbelievable! I only asked for a paltry sum at the time which I remember now and just shake my head, and you gave me thrice than I requested for. It's really safe to say that life is indeed vain and very ephemeral. It's a sad day for me and I'll not be comforted. You remain dearest to my heart than even my 'parents', yes, you're. You've done so much for me which I cannot tell all. If I were to have a wish granted, I only want to see you face to face and bow at your feet to thank you, Hungerbad. No one has ever shown me so much kindness than you have, I still await your compare of benevolence. This even surpasses materiality, but your advices, your care, the long calls. You took special interest in me and none of it s taken for granted. I really wish to take upon your path and relive what you left. Rest in peace, gallant man. You'll forever be missed. To say I miss you is an understatement. Your name will forever remain crested in my heart.
this made me cry. Truely he was man of the people.

3 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by mcmyvoice: 8:57am On May 24, 2019
RIP
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by iLegendd(m): 8:58am On May 24, 2019
Sad news. R.I.P brother.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by FlutterDollar99(m): 9:00am On May 24, 2019
dominique:
Dear Lord! cry I'm short of words!
One of the most generous people this forum has ever known, a lot of young undergraduates benefited from his generosity. Why did he have to leave so soon? May God console the loved ones he left behind. RIP Hungerbad sad
my heart jumped while reading this. I am afraid
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Temple1288(m): 9:02am On May 24, 2019
RIP brother...
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by eleojo23: 9:03am On May 24, 2019
This one touched me.
I saw this news in the night and sleep left my eyes.

cry

4 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 9:05am On May 24, 2019
OMG!!!!

I don't believe this..

Wait..!
I'm still confused
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 9:12am On May 24, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

U mean like does posting on NL they were about to drop out - I read those were scams. How can I know legit ones to help?
By Checking their posts and date of registration on Nairaland.

For instance I finished NYSC since last year DEC and up till now no job, so i decided to learn a skill, i want to venture into CCTV and FTA installation but i was charged 30k and i dont have it. i applied for a hotel job to raise money for the CCTV stuff, omo you need to see crowd that came for interview on a job that pay 15k a month. That's when it dawned on me that people are suffering in this country, unfortunately i couldn't get the job. Imagine a graduate couldn't land a hotel job. lol. See alot of nairalanders need help but scammers are making it difficult for us... I'm not surprised at the high rate of suicide in this country.. All i can do is hope that one day e fo better.. RIP HungerBad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by goldbim(f): 9:16am On May 24, 2019
I cry could not sleep all night!!I kept telling myself you'd wake me up the way you use to and say lazy girl,pick your call by 4am..!I could remember our last conversation after I saw you on that wheelchair and I said you are in my prayers and you said pls do "keep me in your prayers", .
Despite your health condition, you'd still find the time to respond to my enquiries!.MARSHAL, it's sad you left this way but God knows best!REST ON,BOSS.!! cry cry

9 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by LisaAnne(f): 9:18am On May 24, 2019
RIP Sir
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by jeffizy(m): 9:18am On May 24, 2019
RIP soldier! Your time on Nairaland was one of respect and admiration from me.

God grant your family the strength to move on after your painful and early demise.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by nsien1(m): 9:21am On May 24, 2019
R.I.P. BRO.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 9:22am On May 24, 2019
R2bees:
By Checking their posts and date of registration on Nairaland.

For instance I finished NYSC since last year DEC and up till now no job, so i decided to learn a skill, i want to venture into CCTV and FTA installation but i was charged 30k and i dont have it. i applied for a hotel job to raise money for the CCTV stuff, omo you need to see crowd that came for interview on a job that pay 15k a month. That's when it dawned on me that people are suffering in this country, unfortunately i couldn't get the job. Imagine a graduate couldn't land a hotel job. lol. See alot of nairalanders need help but scammers are making it difficult for us... I'm not surprised at the high rate of suicide in this country.. All i can do is hope that one day e fo better.. RIP HungerBad
I just hope you're joking with those words I highlighted.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by TonyeBarcanista(m): 9:25am On May 24, 2019
Sleep well HungerBad.

1 Like

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by ajebuter(f): 9:26am On May 24, 2019
I didn't agree with him and always antagonized him in 2015 because of his political views..

But towards the end of 2017, he gradually became fairer and more objective in his political outlook and even criticized the government he campaigned for..

Now to read that Hungerbad is dead?

It is incomprehensible and shocking..

However, God knows best..

Sleep well soldier and godspeed!

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

6 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by chiboy1116: 9:27am On May 24, 2019
Rest in peace soldier.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by bishopkay: 9:29am On May 24, 2019
Efewestern:

Still can't believe this news, Men, a sad day for me. RIP BOSS, you thought me a lot, from your kind deeds and how well you are ready to help those in need. Jason you sure say this news no be hoax?

We'll miss you. Farewell.

Chai I so much looked forward to this guy's contributions on threads. You could see enlightenment and superior reasoning on contributions.

We were on different sides of the political divide but he was a wise brother who knew when to praise and when to say the truth unlike many of the brain dead buharists here.

Rest in peace brother and may the good Lord guide you into his kingdom

3 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by BuhariAdvocate: 9:34am On May 24, 2019
lalasticlala:
RIP Hungerbad
cry cry

He once opened a birthday thread for me https://www.nairaland.com/3632052/happy-birthday-lalasticlala#53758540

Really a sad thing to hear cry
there was no evidence show that Hungerbad is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 9:35am On May 24, 2019
Briller:

May God forgive you �. Don't deceive people on this forum. It's either GOD or Mormon. There's always a hidden part to all these stuff. My Dad was one and I tell you, he paid for it.
not Mormon, its mammon
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Nobody: 9:35am On May 24, 2019
J111333:
I just hope you're joking with those words I highlighted.
The rate of unemployment you heard that doubled this year is no fluke.... Bros Nigeria is doomed. God in heaven knows i have tried.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Brightest04(m): 9:35am On May 24, 2019
As a fellow nairalander,i'm sad and mourning you bro,may you find peace in the world beyond.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by Evangkatsoulis: 9:35am On May 24, 2019
Heineken:
so painful.. I even dropped him a pm March this year asking him that I don't have a job. So sad... I wonder why good people die like this? Some can't even help and they are still living.

What kind of dumb statement is this? So people who don't want to help do not deserve to live? What makes hungerbad more deserving of life than others? How are you sure he wasn't doing any of these just get social validation/ praises from people online?
Use ya head.
Re: Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 by billgabb(m): 9:36am On May 24, 2019
RIP sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (31) (Reply)

A Married Woman's Facebook Post That Got People Talking / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! / Don’t Lose Guard With Your Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.