Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke (31813 Views)

Why Yoruba Will Leave Nigeria By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Ekiti Will Produce President For Nigeria In 2023 - Afenifere / 2019: Attempt To Cede Kwara To The Yoruba Will Fail – Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Alexis11: 12:19pm On May 25, 2019
Yoruba supported Obasanjo in 2003.
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by plaindealer: 12:21pm On May 25, 2019
iiiyyyk:
Lubish

There is no alliance between the North and the west. There is only an alliance between Tinubu and Buhari. Buhari won because of his massive followership in the north. By 2023, buhari will not be in the ballot again. Tinubu have very little chance of winning election in the north. It will go back to House- Igbo alliance as it has always been from the beginning of time in Nigeria.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8889461_wpss201902280002_jpegba58227b29b40fe65a6a78f2bebe3b82

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8889070_528257787935246810273383897569777580769280n_jpg0795285d57c57ad2dbdffed4844495b9

Stop posting fake rubbish..

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Westtimeline: 12:21pm On May 25, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

Before you spout nonsense, remember Ijaws have called you slaves and NONE of you can confront them grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by ClearFlair: 12:22pm On May 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:

“In 1999, when the constitution came in, Obasanjo wasn’t sponsored by the Yoruba, even though he was a Yoruba man; the Yoruba rejected him, and sponsored Falae. But the Northerners and the Igbo voted for him; the Yoruba never voted for him and he still won because the Northern Hausa and the Eastern Igbo decided to support him.

“In 2003, Obasanjo came for the second term; again, he was not sponsored by the Yoruba; the Yoruba put up another candidate but still he won.

“In 2007, Yar’Adua was not supported by the Yoruba but the Igbo supported the Northerners and he won.

“In 2011, Jonathan came in, he’s not a Northerner but he was supported by the North and the Igbo, and he won."
Says clerk

This will tell you how inconsequential their votes are. But but since butterfly have started seeing themselves as birds, they are going back to their normal position when the chips are down.
Is it Tinibu abi Osibanjo that couldn't deliver his pooling unit ? grin grin

Meanwhile I heard that Elrufai is also warming up

Another monumental disappointment awaits you in 2023. You think it’s like during OBJ’s time when no voting took place in the SE and inflated figures were used...lol...you will learn. 2023 is not that far off. cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by gidgiddy: 12:25pm On May 25, 2019
All the talk is about who will produce the president, never is there talk about what anybody has benefited from the presidents already produced

Those who have produced presidents have nothing to show for it, but every day, they will be shouting about what Igbos must do to produce the president as if this is what is important
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Born2Breed(f): 12:25pm On May 25, 2019
Weda Na south east, south west or south south. Come 2023 power must return to the south.

Any of the popular party that picks anyone from the south gets my vote.
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by olaolaking: 12:25pm On May 25, 2019
lenghtinny:
Clarke may be right about the alliance but he's so wrong about 2011. Yorubas supported Jonathan in 2011 while the north were against. The Old man should stop twisting history.

Pdp giving its slot to the North would be a huge gamble because it won't favor them at the end of the day.... Hoping the north would give them massive votes in return is not enough to guarantee a win for them.

Just look for someone worthy enough in the south because an average Yoruba man won't even endorse a Tinubu presidency. Though I know the APC would be smarter than to give the slot to him and Tinubu himself knows when to take a bow.
You will be surprised how Yoruba will support Tinubu. Forget about all the beefing at the moment.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Westtimeline: 12:26pm On May 25, 2019
IvarTheTerrible:

Pained and emotional response as usual. I just quoted Asari nah cheesy

A slave is a group with zero chance at leadership. One condemned to servitude.

The President openly called una 5% non-entities that don't matter grin

Tell me why despite all the chest-beating, the South South has a better chance at Presidency than you cheesy
cheesy You have a bad mouth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Yyeske(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2019
Perfect, I had made this analysis on an earlier thread about the big three but Igbos would never listen, form an alliance with one or both groups and get what you want but if you think you can go it alone, sorry is your name.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Westtimeline: 12:32pm On May 25, 2019
DabuIIIT:

Nna,time dey go,o...E lo wa oje O,awe will soon be over

grin
What is this one saying. Looking for attention.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by TempleHouse: 12:32pm On May 25, 2019
This is the voice of the Elder.
Igbo Nation need to seize the initiative now and stop playing second fiddle every time.

Alex Ekwueme
Slyvester Ugo
Chuba Okadigbo
Peter Obi

They should align with SW to have the Presidency in 2031...but they must acknowledge Yoruba ingenuity first.
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by cosymyman: 12:34pm On May 25, 2019
Hmmm
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by emerged01(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2019
I don't see any reason Tinubu won't win presidential election if he decides to contest. Nigerians don't choice when it comes to election,we have always been going for "who get money to pass to campaign".
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by chiedu7: 12:46pm On May 25, 2019
mrtc:
Is Atiku not a fulani as well as a northerner that the Igbos supported in 2019 election? The Igbos are voting based on party regardless of who is contesting and that is PDP.
Nobody in the SE & SS will vote Buhari assuming he were the PDP candidate.
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by DabuIIIT: 12:46pm On May 25, 2019
Westtimeline:
What is this one saying. Looking for attention.

grin

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by chiedu7: 12:51pm On May 25, 2019
bkool7:

These what I keep telling those shouting Tinubu's name . He May be a godfather but Tinubu himself knows his name can't win an election except he pushed for a more credible personality.

I, and many Yorubas I know can't vote a Tinubu. An Osinbajo seems more credible

Osinbajo if he packages himself well would get with support in the SE & SS

As for Tinubu is dead on arrival.
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 25, 2019
richie240:

Bia, 'gentumern', dt information was false. An imposter, someone of ur ilk, used his picture to make that hateful and divisive speech.
The owner of d pix (under d false name Sani M'med) has since made a disclaimer.

https://www.nairaland.com/5052509/someone-trying-frame-me-man?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5905670702

I would've Tod u to stop spreading falsehood, but can a leopard change its spot?

cc: IvarTheTerrible
tohyorsih2, iiiyyyk

It's obvious that an imposter did that… I'm sure he's an igbo man lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by RTSC: 12:55pm On May 25, 2019
It is the fault of ohanaeze and igbo elite like obiano and co.

When it comes to things that don't favour the igbo masses, they have no problem allying with the north.

But when it comes to things that matter, they somehow lose their voice.

Clark is right.

Though, 2023 is still pregnant. Any two of the three alliance will win.

Igbos have enjoyed the 2/3 alliance for the most part of our democracy.
A shame we couldn't use it to get the presidency and develop the region.

Anyway, it is not too late. I hope we are finally learning to take advantage of any opportunity.

The pendulum will swing east once again. Recognising the moment is what I hope we can do.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:56pm On May 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:

We know slaves and slaves know themselves..
Anybody telling you that second biggest ethnic group in Nigeria is a slave to 7th largest ethnic group is a clown..

Crawl back to your hole , go and beg for food you will use to break your fasting

Stop being hateful, I wonder what you get from it
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:57pm On May 25, 2019
chiedu7:

Osinbajo if he packages himself well would get with support in the SE & SS

As for Tinubu is dead on arrival.

Absolutely

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 25, 2019
oilPUSSY:

“In 1999, when the constitution came in, Obasanjo wasn’t sponsored by the Yoruba, even though he was a Yoruba man; the Yoruba rejected him, and sponsored Falae. But the Northerners and the Igbo voted for him; the Yoruba never voted for him and he still won because the Northern Hausa and the Eastern Igbo decided to support him.

“In 2003, Obasanjo came for the second term; again, he was not sponsored by the Yoruba; the Yoruba put up another candidate but still he won.

“In 2007, Yar’Adua was not supported by the Yoruba but the Igbo supported the Northerners and he won.

“In 2011, Jonathan came in, he’s not a Northerner but he was supported by the North and the Igbo, and he won."
Says clerk

This will tell you how inconsequential their votes are. But but since butterflies have started seeing themselves as birds, they are going back to their normal position when the chips are down.
Is it Tinibu abi Osibanjo that couldn't deliver his pooling unit ? grin grin

Meanwhile I heard that Elrufai is also warming up

'Pooling' ko, poo ni. Olodo!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by willibounce1(m): 12:59pm On May 25, 2019
Ask yourself what you personally stand to benefit if a Yoruba man becomes president...Ask same question if an igbo man becomes President... abo.ki don be president for a long period yet see as them dey suffer.

All of the 36 states in Nigeria, you have their tribes men as the governors and LG chairmen, what have they done for their people? Nada... no state is currently progressing in this country hence supporting your tribes man to become president is just for empty bragging. If Nigerians are truly serious about progress, they'll begin to tackle their leaders starting from the ones closest to them.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 25, 2019
Joromi12:
talo so fun e ni yen. Omo ipinle oyan ni odo otin lga osun ni baba mi to wa. Ile otupepeye. Ori tinubu o pe rara. Awon gambari ti gba

Ijinle Omoluabii no brosii yii saa. grin

Awon ti Ooodua tokan tokan. Owo 1 taasan fun eeyan kan... Baba oooooooo grin grin grin grin
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:01pm On May 25, 2019
Alexis11:

Yoruba supported Obasanjo in 2003.

Also in 2011, we supported Jonathan
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by farem: 1:05pm On May 25, 2019
jaxxy:
Yoruba or the south? Where is obasanjo who did 8years from?

He is from the South!
Are you relieved now?
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by Manshoesq: 1:09pm On May 25, 2019
Igbo alliance with other sect might happen before 2023,things can change in an instance.
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by stawarts(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2019
[/color]Hu
lenghtinny:
[color=#006600] Clarke may be right about the alliance but he's so wrong about 2011. Yorubas supported Jonathan in 2011 while the north were against. The Old man should stop twisting history.

Pdp giving its slot to the North would be a huge gamble because it won't favor them at the end of the day.... Hoping the north would give them massive votes in return is not enough to guarantee a win for them.

Just look for someone worthy enough in the south because an average Yoruba man won't even endorse a Tinubu presidency. Though I know the APC would be smarter than to give the slot to him and Tinubu himself knows when to take a bow.
I'm not for or against the candidature of Tinubu but I think he will be a formidable candidate if pdp present Atiku but I wish Nigerian could be able to retire all these old politician comes 2023. what really make Tinubu a bad choice ?
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:17pm On May 25, 2019
leokid866:

Read the cards bruv, we are producing the next president. We have been waiting for this opportunity since Obasanjo left office, we know he wasn't the best and we are looking to correct that.
it's ok... naso pdp do overconfidence say dem go stay for 60 yrs till dem lose...sm of u are so ignorant...to think a Yoruba presidency is so easy kashimawo...if any igbo person with a national appeal contest he go win same for other major and minority tribes...
Re: 2023: Why Yoruba Will Produce President After Buhari – Clarke by kayusely70(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2019
Yoruba voted for jonathan in 2011 and he alienated them while the igbos hijacked his government and cornered all the juicy posts.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari's Comment In Hausa And The True Translation ( No Blood Mentioned ) / Patience Jonathan Mourns Bayelsa Women Who Died In Car Accident / What Do Nigerians Do With The Tinubu Documentary?- ABIMBOLA ADELAKUN (punch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.