Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (83318 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Chechem: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2019
Booked
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by smsreseller: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

It's real dear. I even had to cut it to be as short as possible.

I really wish you didn't cut it short. Every segment was really intriguing.

Thank God, you got through. That your pity face sha is some gift o. grin

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ndipe(m): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
All that glitters . . .
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by BlissB(f): 8:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
naijaguy123456:
OP you have your self to blame for poor planning. Number one sin is you left Nigeria broke and you entered another man country broke. You could have save little money and keep with your trusted friend or family then when you are desperate overseas they can send you tiny bits.
I met countless Nigerians who made it to Europe through African countries most especially Ivory Coast .
If you enter Europe with no papers then they know you are a Nigerian, 99.9 percent you are coming back home I swear . But if you go first to other African countries and get the knowledge of that country like you know the tribes, few languages, cultures, their foods etc then if you made it to Europe you have 50-50 chance as you can claim you are not from Nigeria.
There was a man I’ll call Mr T an Igbo man left naija for Ivory Coast then he entered holland . He was able to get paper in Holland because he claimed Ivorian, if he claimed naija 95 percent they won’t give him.
Another man I know went to Uk from Ivory Coast, claimed asylum he was refused, they took him to Ivory Coast embassy in Uk, the embassy agreed he speaks French and their language but his accent is not from them. Home office took him to Nigeria embassy. At Nigeria embassy he started speaking French non stop. The embassy staff told home office this guy doesn’t speak a word of Nigeria language and English. After 3 years of dragging it on and off, home office gave him paper.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Canadauto: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2019
What's your contacts.
I ve gone through this 20 years ago
But I need to tell you something.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Enugupikin: 8:50pm On Jun 01, 2019
the op story is genuine..I can relate to the places he mentioned in Ghana

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
SIRTee15:

People like u enjoy nigeria because it's a lawless and disorganised nation where rule of law favours the high and mighty....
If I may ask, how much do u pay your domestic staffs, driver and security guard....
U see poverty stench all over the place yet u are comfortable because u definitely beyond the hook.....
I'll rather have 50% of my money go to tax n have a nation that caters to everybody with good infrastructure and social service....
There's nothing u wrote up there, that's convincing for anyone to stay in nigeria....
That's why almost every upper middle class has relocated to Canada....
Even, okey bassey is not left out.
He recently boasted about his daughter winning ontario federation athletic championship....
Can his daughter have such opportunity in nigeria....
Stay there dey deceive yourself.....

please leave that guy....

He is in that small bracket of "upper middle class" Nigerians who are comfortable living in the midst of so much poverty, hopelessness and foolishness that permeates in NIGERIA

there is nothing wrong with that....

Stable light and running water that even an idiot lowlife enjoys in Abobo/Youpougon is only within the reach of upper middle class thereabouts and above in NiggerArea

They will sleep under fan this night against the heat, while niggers in NiggerArea will sleep in the heat, and mosquito deal with them cheesy

So if he is "enjoying" himself in NiggerArea
no need to criticise him

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
uruba23:

he who hasn't experience this would think it is fiction, but I tell you this Tales are real especially having gone through similar experiences myself. But God has been faithful. I bless the writer,the Good Lord would always located you.But for the Man at the Embassy even though we don't know your name the Good Lord would triple your promotion as well as all those who contributed to help this Gentleman.

I will never forget that man and if God makes a way for me, I know I will visit Ghana again just to see that man.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Apina(m): 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
Iyajelili:
This story of yours must be fictional because I can't imagine someone passing through this shit in real life
my sister, I have seen worse conditions in Ghana, the major slang among Nigerians is "No brother for Ghana"
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2019
distributeinc:

Encourage to go become slaves and nuisance, in another man's land, tarnishing your country's image?

These days Europe and America prefer business men, tourists and student foreigners, immigrants are a nuisance to them ...what is enjoyment in slaving your life away, only to come and pose for your poor families and old friends/relatives. Quite shallow minded.

true tho

But I still support anyone who wants to leave that failed contraption called NiggerArea

just have it at the back of your mind that you have to move with sense, move with as much cash as you can and know that the days of getting menial jobs to make big bucks is OVER

Leaving NiggerArea is a chance worth taking
just do so in a sensible way

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by abramabayomi(m): 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
Iyajelili:
This story of yours must be fictional because I can't imagine someone passing through this shit in real life
na true talk,i have been thru this in accra

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
Apina:

my sister, I have seen worse conditions in Ghana, the major slang among Nigerians is "No brother for Ghana"

yea

I see some of them at Kasoa/Ashaiman/techiman

even in bolga sef, you see Nigerians

But their condition there is better

You don't expect to move to a country without proper funds /planning and without skills as well (VERY key) and not run into problems undecided

At the end of the day, one MUST look before leaping
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by justwise(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
Gforce2019:

Nah today? I remember similar story told by a friend heading to UK , on landing at the airport , after all the due process, the guy called his childhood friend, and the friend switch off his fone. Thank God that the guy brought enough money for lodging and food

Did he tell his childhood friend that he was coming to the UK before leaving Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by alexola20(m): 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mctfopt: 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
justwise:

Did he tell his childhood friend that he was coming to the UK before leaving Nigeria?

That's a good question, you don't just barge into a country and call up someone simply because you happen to be friends when you were kids. The entitlement mentality exhibited by some people can be nauseating. Most people living outside Nigeria live a very organised life, if anyone plans to visit, they should first of all inform the "friend" of how long they plan to stay to give the host the chance to check if it's something they can handle. Informing the friend you are visiting without telling the host in clear terms you want them to accommodate you may lead to them "not picking calls" when you ask for help.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ugosample:

true tho

But I still support anyone who wants to leave that failed contraption called NiggerArea

just have it at the back of your mind that you have to move with sense, move with as much cash as you can and know that the days of getting menial jobs to make big bucks is OVER

Leaving NiggerArea is a chance worth taking
just do so in a sensible way
If a person is poor and desperate, of course, they need to go where they can get jobs, and get paid...not everyone wants to run out, lots of people are doing well here, living better lives than Nigerian immigrants abroad...it all depends on what you are doing wherever you are. Not everyone wants to leave Nigeria for greener pastures abroad...

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mechanics(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
uruba23:
It is a cold morning my house is flooded can't go downstairs Oya continue your story.
lol, so the story will stop the flood abi?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 9:28pm On Jun 01, 2019
distributeinc:

Not really, it's a mentality...most people rushing to travel out as 'immigrants', are either yahoo boys, or very desperate people from poor family, especially from village. No fun in being a slave, or second class citizen. I only travel for business or trips

So the hordes of upper middle class Nigerians dumping their jobs at the big 4 and oil companies and selling their business and property to move to Canada and the US/Australia are all dumb abi?

or they are from poor homes abi?

You think it's easy to cough out USD11000 + ?

baba just thank God you are comfortable in NiggerArea that's all I'll tell you

many despite the millions are NOT.

Example is myself....

So people like us had to leave

I'm not against anyone who still want to be settled in NiggerArea tho
someone has to live there

After all I have a business contact from Vietnam that still lives there despite the country being a proper $hithole
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Simeon88(m): 9:32pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

Bro his story doesn't concern me

All I care about is for guys to have a better life out there legally

Good luck

Bros please help me get out of naija legally biko...my bags are packed
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
distributeinc:

If a person is poor and desperate, of course, they need to go where they can get jobs, and get paid...not everyone wants to run out, lots of people are doing well here, living better lives than Nigerian immigrants abroad...it all depends on what you are doing wherever you are. Not everyone wants to leave Nigeria for greener pastures abroad...

I disagree with the "lots of people" up there tho....

Compared to the population of Nigeria

The pool of upper middle class, upwards is very thin....

NiggerArea is not called the HQ of extreme poverty for no reason

Pockets of relatively well to do people holed up in enclaves in lagos/Abj /Ph /Kano /Onitsha maybe is not representative enough
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Henryking228(m): 9:34pm On Jun 01, 2019
This is true life story! i have gone through this before this is not fictional
Iyajelili:

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Henryking228(m): 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2019
OP you are a very strong man. when i went to Ghana 2007, that was how my friend also switched off his off i have to sleep in an uncompleted building, drank the sea water and i decided to face the reality of life.
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop close to the church. Unlike most of the guys that were picking pure water sachet in the circle area, the guys here were doing more of hard labour like bricklayer work, offloading goods from containers because that area is an industrial area so there are many warehouses around. Many of them have been there for long so they had their connection and knew when jobs were coming up. I tried to get involved with anything I could do so I can survive but yet again everyone would always tell me I can't do those kind of jobs. I will force them to take me but at the end the supervisor will still reject me. I felt really bad but then I had to get back to my usual begging which was obviously the only one that favoured me. Somehow I really felt like God was with me because I never imagined doing those kind of jobs and God didn't allow me do it. Sometimes when they have church services am always looking for you to beg until one day one man told me he will report to the pastor because the pastor warned that if anyone is caught begging they should report security and arrest the person.

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The mosquito bite at night is terrible. The shocking thing was how new people come almost everyday with the same story of how someone ran with their money or how their money got missing at the border and we will all have to stay in that place together. Mind you we can only stay there at night because during the day it's in front of a factory and that's were their workers sit down during their break. So during the day we all have to disappear from there but our bags are there and we cover them with the cartons we spread on the floor to sleep. I had tried so hard to raise money to get back to Nigeria but it only seems I can just find money to eat and do little things and that was it. I had to make enquiries about the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and then I got the address. So one day I went to the Embassy and explained my situation. The man I met there was really so nice and helpful. He told me they will send my issue to the ambassador because I told them I needed to go and I had no were to stay if they don't attend to me that day and find money for me. Unfortunately they said the ambassador had an urgent meeting so he will have to see it tomorrow and any amount he approves they will let me know. I thought about going back to sleep in that store and I said not today, so I gave my usual pity face and said I don't have anywhere to stay. So they allowed me sleep somewhere inside the embassy. That was the best sleep I have had in ages and the best bath I had taken that night. It was like I should not come out the bathroom and they oven put AC for me but I put it off later because my body was not use to AC anymore. I felt so alive again praying and hoping they give me money to go.
The next day I got a very bad news that the ambassador didn't approve any money because Buhari has not released money to the embassy. I actually almost fainted because I could not imagine going back to that store house after sleeping in the embassy so I pleaded with the man to help me in anyway. Very nice man I will never forget. He told me to wait, he was going to rag all the workers and see what he could get for me. That was how he was able to raise 200ghc for me and then told me I should not use the naija buses because the money won't be enough but I should use the short cut which he wrote on paper for me. From Accra to Aflao, I cross through the back gate and enter Togo. From Togo to Seme and then to Mile 2.

I was so grateful to God for everything and that was how I found myself back home. I have been putting myself together and glory to God I now have a phone which I am using to type this story. I look forward to God that kept me safe all through that experience because I know he has better and bigger plans for me.

I believe I will be a testimony to many very soon.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.

2 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by mechanics(m): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop close to the church. Unlike most of the guys that were picking pure water sachet in the circle area, the guys here were doing more of hard labour like bricklayer work, offloading goods from containers because that area is an industrial area so there are many warehouses around. Many of them have been there for long so they had their connection and knew when jobs were coming up. I tried to get involved with anything I could do so I can survive but yet again everyone would always tell me I can't do those kind of jobs. I will force them to take me but at the end the supervisor will still reject me. I felt really bad but then I had to get back to my usual begging which was obviously the only one that favoured me. Somehow I really felt like God was with me because I never imagined doing those kind of jobs and God didn't allow me do it. Sometimes when they have church services am always looking for you to beg until one day one man told me he will report to the pastor because the pastor warned that if anyone is caught begging they should report security and arrest the person.

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The mosquito bite at night is terrible. The shocking thing was how new people come almost everyday with the same story of how someone ran with their money or how their money got missing at the border and we will all have to stay in that place together. Mind you we can only stay there at night because during the day it's in front of a factory and that's were their workers sit down during their break. So during the day we all have to disappear from there but our bags are there and we cover them with the cartons we spread on the floor to sleep. I had tried so hard to raise money to get back to Nigeria but it only seems I can just find money to eat and do little things and that was it. I had to make enquiries about the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and then I got the address. So one day I went to the Embassy and explained my situation. The man I met there was really so nice and helpful. He told me they will send my issue to the ambassador because I told them I needed to go and I had no were to stay if they don't attend to me that day and find money for me. Unfortunately they said the ambassador had an urgent meeting so he will have to see it tomorrow and any amount he approves they will let me know. I thought about going back to sleep in that store and I said not today, so I gave my usual pity face and said I don't have anywhere to stay. So they allowed me sleep somewhere inside the embassy. That was the best sleep I have had in ages and the best bath I had taken that night. It was like I should not come out the bathroom and they oven put AC for me but I put it off later because my body was not use to AC anymore. I felt so alive again praying and hoping they give me money to go.
The next day I got a very bad news that the ambassador didn't approve any money because Buhari has not released money to the embassy. I actually almost fainted because I could not imagine going back to that store house after sleeping in the embassy so I pleaded with the man to help me in anyway. Very nice man I will never forget. He told me to wait, he was going to rag all the workers and see what he could get for me. That was how he was able to raise 200ghc for me and then told me I should not use the naija buses because the money won't be enough but I should use the short cut which he wrote on paper for me. From Accra to Aflao, I cross through the back gate and enter Togo. From Togo to Seme and then to Mile 2.

I was so grateful to God for everything and that was how I found myself back home. I have been putting myself together and glory to God I now have a phone which I am using to type this story. I look forward to God that kept me safe all through that experience because I know he has better and bigger plans for me.

I believe I will be a testimony to many very soon.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.
God really saved you over there in a strange land, just like he story of the prodigal son in the bible, it's well with you.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Haykinsofficial: 9:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

The comments are much so go back to page 2. I modified it and concluded there.

OK

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Spanishmilf(m): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
naijaguy123456:
OP you have your self to blame for poor planning. Number one sin is you left Nigeria broke and you entered another man country broke. You could have save little money and keep with your trusted friend or family then when you are desperate overseas they can send you tiny bits.
I met countless Nigerians who made it to Europe through African countries most especially Ivory Coast .
If you enter Europe with no papers then they know you are a Nigerian, 99.9 percent you are coming back home I swear . But if you go first to other African countries and get the knowledge of that country like you know the tribes, few languages, cultures, their foods etc then if you made it to Europe you have 50-50 chance as you can claim you are not from Nigeria.
There was a man I’ll call Mr T an Igbo man left naija for Ivory Coast then he entered holland . He was able to get paper in Holland because he claimed Ivorian, if he claimed naija 95 percent they won’t give him.
Another man I know went to Uk from Ivory Coast, claimed asylum he was refused, they took him to Ivory Coast embassy in Uk, the embassy agreed he speaks French and their language but his accent is not from them. Home office took him to Nigeria embassy. At Nigeria embassy he started speaking French non stop. The embassy staff told home office this guy doesn’t speak a word of Nigeria language and English. After 3 years of dragging it on and off, home office gave him paper.
I think the OP need to mix Yoruba with his words or igbo can't you u just read something and understand
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Lol @ niggerArea.ugosample easy ooo!
Well,I think we succeed outside Nigeria because we take our ideas from the over competitive Nigeria and employ them in Virgin lands.see what I mean?
For me eh,I sold whisky in CEMAC and made good dough from it but I do not think I would have succeeded if I tried that rubbish in Aba,Onitsha or lagos.
So Ugo,you have to give Naija that credit of making you smart enough to compete with locals of that country and beat them at their own game cheesy
You really hate 9ja sha
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by alizma: 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
willy2000:

Is English too hard for you to comprehend? Or you just want to type this gibberish?
The poster said he visited Ghana and wanted to go to Ivory Coast. Last time I checked, you do not need a visa to visit these countries.
With Nigerian national ID card or permanent voters' card you will enter any of those country.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by sharpwriter(m): 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2019
Viccisimua:
Thanks for sharing this, pray others will pick a thing or 2. .... thank God for yr life too. I visited the US sometime and this particular secondary school classmate saw my pics on FB and got angry with me for NOT putting up with her and that my next visit to the US must be her house. Then another visit I stayed in NY while she was in NJ. She kept insisting I take a bus down, i decided to go say hi while I shopped in Jersey. She asked I called her immediately I entered her city. Guess what? I called so many times but she never picked or call back or apologize till date. So imagine if I had decided to stay at her place originally? Wouldn’t that have been another story? Anyway I wouldn’t have been careless to travel to another country not well prepared financially. ... I guess, like they say, it’s “human nature”

E be like say na madness wey dey infect most of our people when they get outside there. Seems a part of the bolt in their brains have been loosened, if not why will you invite someone even to the point of insisting, and then vanish into thin air... Them dey mad. They are just fake people trying to prove they haven't failed by selling lies to unsuspecting ones whereas they are ignorant that they are making themselves worst than beasts.

Thank God you were prepared bro! Heartless idiots everywhere.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jun 01, 2019
Ugosample:

I disagree with the "lots of people" up there tho....

Compared to the population of Nigeria

The pool of upper middle class, upwards is very thin....

NiggerArea is not called the HQ of extreme poverty for no reason

Pockets of relatively well to do people holed up in enclaves in lagos/Abj /Ph /Kano /Onitsha maybe is not representative enough

Lol.

How is it doing you today?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Joystark(f): 10:25pm On Jun 01, 2019
Damn. This is sad and funny at the same time. Thank God you came home okay.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Ugosample(m): 10:31pm On Jun 01, 2019
nwanneni:
Lol @ niggerArea.ugosample easy ooo!
Well,I think we succeed outside Nigeria because we take our ideas from the over competitive Nigeria and employ them in Virgin lands.see what I mean?
For me eh,I sold whisky in CEMAC and made good dough from it but I do not think I would have succeeded if I tried that rubbish in Aba,Onitsha or lagos.
So Ugo,you have to give Naija that credit of making you smart enough to compete with locals of that country and beat them at their own game cheesy
You really hate 9ja sha

well

Ivorians are laid back tho

that gives we as igbo men the space to make some bucks here and there

But then we have the Lebanese to contend with

But that aside

NiggerArea dey fall hand big time
it pains me evryday

Look at Senegal, Look at Rwanda, look at even Accra....

they are crawling ahead while that nigger country chose to be stagnant.

the only countries I have been to that are worse and more Niggerly than NiggerArea are Liberia, Guinea Conakty and Sierra Leone

Liberia should be the worst country on this continent undecided
Even Burkina dey try in their own way

as for what you are suggesting, i like how you are looking at positives

But hey, like my uncle will say in igbo "one does not take pride in suffering"

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Owerri: Home Of Hotels, Shopping Malls And Club Houses (Photos) / Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor / Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.