Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. (83362 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Kenyan Who Went To Saudi In Search For A Greener Pasture Returns With 2 Kids / From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
Fourcade:

I sent you a pm
I saw it.been trying to respond to no avail.maybe cos I'm on the road heading to limbe.
Can you mention me on another dead thread?
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 01, 2019
Following
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
femi4:
But what's their gain in inviting you over only to deliberately leave you stranded
cos his friend will be ashamed to tell him d true state of things

6 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Btruth: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
Pavore9:

And more are flying in daily! angry
Oga ooo. Is Nigeria this so bad? or, is it our people cannot sit down and plan something to work/trade on here? I'm told Rome wasn't built in a day. And that's true. But most of these countries too have their challenges and not all that glitters are gold.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Gabson001(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2019
It was God.. Your story really inspired me bro, i knw am not begging to eat and am not living the kinda life i wish to live but this story has given me hope that all will be well... God will see us through

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by ultron12345: 4:57pm On Jun 01, 2019
aaaaabbbbbccccc:
you can say that because you haven’t been to the good part of the world. Dangote and Otedola are in Nigeria because they have business in Nigeria

Or is it the good health care or road in Nigeria that want to make you stay in Nigeria or the 24hrs electricity
And where exactly have you being to? I've been to the best parts of the world, but I'll still come back home.

I have health insurance and access to good private healthcare in Nigeria. Do monthly medical checkups, so anything is dealt with before it becomes serious. Electricity in my location is good. Once the electricity goes off, the generator comes on automatically. I don't have to give away more than half of my income as taxes and other government fees. I just use a tiny portion of it for diesel and other things.

I can visit abroad for a week or 2 and come back home.

At least, I have peace of mind here. Unlike in another man's land where more than half of your income is taken away by the government in the name of property, environmental, and automobile taxes. Another mans land where they'll use little bits of racism to frustrate daily you or you can even be shot down while taking a stroll.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 01, 2019
Lesson to all d lazy youth dat wat to make quick money.Op,tanks for sharing ur story.
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop close to the church. Unlike most of the guys that were picking pure water sachet in the circle area, the guys here were doing more of hard labour like bricklayer work, offloading goods from containers because that area is an industrial area so there are many warehouses around. Many of them have been there for long so they had their connection and knew when jobs were coming up. I tried to get involved with anything I could do so I can survive but yet again everyone would always tell me I can't do those kind of jobs. I will force them to take me but at the end the supervisor will still reject me. I felt really bad but then I had to get back to my usual begging which was obviously the only one that favoured me. Somehow I really felt like God was with me because I never imagined doing those kind of jobs and God didn't allow me do it. Sometimes when they have church services am always looking for you to beg until one day one man told me he will report to the pastor because the pastor warned that if anyone is caught begging they should report security and arrest the person.

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The mosquito bite at night is terrible. The shocking thing was how new people come almost everyday with the same story of how someone ran with their money or how their money got missing at the border and we will all have to stay in that place together. Mind you we can only stay there at night because during the day it's in front of a factory and that's were their workers sit down during their break. So during the day we all have to disappear from there but our bags are there and we cover them with the cartons we spread on the floor to sleep. I had tried so hard to raise money to get back to Nigeria but it only seems I can just find money to eat and do little things and that was it. I had to make enquiries about the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and then I got the address. So one day I went to the Embassy and explained my situation. The man I met there was really so nice and helpful. He told me they will send my issue to the ambassador because I told them I needed to go and I had no were to stay if they don't attend to me that day and find money for me. Unfortunately they said the ambassador had an urgent meeting so he will have to see it tomorrow and any amount he approves they will let me know. I thought about going back to sleep in that store and I said not today, so I gave my usual pity face and said I don't have anywhere to stay. So they allowed me sleep somewhere inside the embassy. That was the best sleep I have had in ages and the best bath I had taken that night. It was like I should not come out the bathroom and they oven put AC for me but I put it off later because my body was not use to AC anymore. I felt so alive again praying and hoping they give me money to go.
The next day I got a very bad news that the ambassador didn't approve any money because Buhari has not released money to the embassy. I actually almost fainted because I could not imagine going back to that store house after sleeping in the embassy so I pleaded with the man to help me in anyway. Very nice man I will never forget. He told me to wait, he was going to rag all the workers and see what he could get for me. That was how he was able to raise 200ghc for me and then told me I should not use the naija buses because the money won't be enough but I should use the short cut which he wrote on paper for me. From Accra to Aflao, I cross through the back gate and enter Togo. From Togo to Seme and then to Mile 2.

I was so grateful to God for everything and that was how I found myself back home. I have been putting myself together and glory to God I now have a phone which I am using to type this story. I look forward to God that kept me safe all through that experience because I know he has better and bigger plans for me.

I believe I will be a testimony to many very soon.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:
We all stayed in one kind of abandoned open shop close to the church. Unlike most of the guys that were picking pure water sachet in the circle area, the guys here were doing more of hard labour like bricklayer work, offloading goods from containers because that area is an industrial area so there are many warehouses around. Many of them have been there for long so they had their connection and knew when jobs were coming up. I tried to get involved with anything I could do so I can survive but yet again everyone would always tell me I can't do those kind of jobs. I will force them to take me but at the end the supervisor will still reject me. I felt really bad but then I had to get back to my usual begging which was obviously the only one that favoured me. Somehow I really felt like God was with me because I never imagined doing those kind of jobs and God didn't allow me do it. Sometimes when they have church services am always looking for you to beg until one day one man told me he will report to the pastor because the pastor warned that if anyone is caught begging they should report security and arrest the person.

Let me try to cut the long story short so I don't have to write in different pages.
Staying at that shop space close to the church was a nightmare because when rain falls at night we are practically sleeping under the rain. The mosquito bite at night is terrible. The shocking thing was how new people come almost everyday with the same story of how someone ran with their money or how their money got missing at the border and we will all have to stay in that place together. Mind you we can only stay there at night because during the day it's in front of a factory and that's were their workers sit down during their break. So during the day we all have to disappear from there but our bags are there and we cover them with the cartons we spread on the floor to sleep. I had tried so hard to raise money to get back to Nigeria but it only seems I can just find money to eat and do little things and that was it. I had to make enquiries about the Nigerian embassy in Ghana and then I got the address. So one day I went to the Embassy and explained my situation. The man I met there was really so nice and helpful. He told me they will send my issue to the ambassador because I told them I needed to go and I had no were to stay if they don't attend to me that day and find money for me. Unfortunately they said the ambassador had an urgent meeting so he will have to see it tomorrow and any amount he approves they will let me know. I thought about going back to sleep in that store and I said not today, so I gave my usual pity face and said I don't have anywhere to stay. So they allowed me sleep somewhere inside the embassy. That was the best sleep I have had in ages and the best bath I had taken that night. It was like I should not come out the bathroom and they oven put AC for me but I put it off later because my body was not use to AC anymore. I felt so alive again praying and hoping they give me money to go.
The next day I got a very bad news that the ambassador didn't approve any money because Buhari has not released money to the embassy. I actually almost fainted because I could not imagine going back to that store house after sleeping in the embassy so I pleaded with the man to help me in anyway. Very nice man I will never forget. He told me to wait, he was going to rag all the workers and see what he could get for me. That was how he was able to raise 200ghc for me and then told me I should not use the naija buses because the money won't be enough but I should use the short cut which he wrote on paper for me. From Accra to Aflao, I cross through the back gate and enter Togo. From Togo to Seme and then to Mile 2.

I was so grateful to God for everything and that was how I found myself back home. I have been putting myself together and glory to God I now have a phone which I am using to type this story. I look forward to God that kept me safe all through that experience because I know he has better and bigger plans for me.

This is my true life experience, I never made it to
Abidjan but I came back home alive.

Everything will work out well bro. Las Las we go dey alright

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Jamersirwin1971: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Gentlerassky:
Are you still in Ghana or have you left for Nigeria. You can reach out to me if you’re still in Ghana so I can support you with a transport fare to Nigeria.

He is back to Nigeria . Got help from someone at the Nigerian embassy in Ghana . Read his story and was really touched . And I sit here in Ghana not knowing people go through this . I had tears reading his story .

7 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Pavore9: 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2019
Btruth:
Oga ooo. Is Nigeria this so bad? or, is it our people cannot sit down and plan something to work/trade on here? I'm told Rome wasn't built in a day. And that's true. But most of these countries too have their challenges and not all that glitters are gold.

A good number of them for Yahoo yahoo.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Iyajelili(f): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
Peterpanny:
u still day chop mama thank ma,i saw worst things than that guy even in Nigeria my country.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Hope you're better now?

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Iyajelili(f): 5:02pm On Jun 01, 2019
greggng:

This is what we men pass through only for a woman to come and enjoy...that's why they say to be a man is not easy
Things will get better
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by udemzyudex(m): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
Belial06:

Oga keep your story to yourself

These youths need encouragement with all going on there not these sob stories

Smh

This guy is crazy I swear.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Iyajelili(f): 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

It's real dear. I even had to cut it to be as short as possible.
I'm sorry you had to go through that. Better days ahead

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Chevronstaff: 5:03pm On Jun 01, 2019
So I took my time to read this story from the beginning... Touching and inspiring..!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by deolivette: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

This is my true life experience, I never made it to Abidjan but I came back home alive.

May God almighty bless and open doors for you. You can email me deolivettepress@gmail.com with your account number... I will see what I can do for you

10 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by pressto91: 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2019
Wow poster. I really thank God for your life. You are a covenant child and God will establish you. I honestly feel like sowing into your life. God bless you
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 5:08pm On Jun 01, 2019
deolivette:

May God almighty bless and open doors for you. You can email me deolivettepress@gmail.com with your account number... I will see what I can do for you

Thank you sir, I will do that.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by aaaaabbbbbccccc: 5:11pm On Jun 01, 2019
ultron12345:

And where exactly have you being to? I've been to the best parts of the world, but I'll still come back home.

I have health insurance and access to good private healthcare in Nigeria. Do monthly medical checkups, so anything is dealt with before it becomes serious. Electricity in my location is good. Once the electricity goes off, the generator comes on automatically. I don't have to give away more than half of my income as taxes and other government fees. I just use a tiny portion of it for diesel and other things.

At least, I have peace of mind here. Unlike in another man's land where more than half of your income is taken away by the government in the name of property, environmental, and automobile taxes. Another mans land where they'll use little bits of racism to frustrate daily you or you can even be shot down while taking a stroll.
This kind of reasoning is the major reason why Nigeria will never amount to anything till the end of time. So you mean paying tax is a bad thing. And I am sure people like you don’t joke with tithe. smh. God go save una country with this una stupid way of reasoning.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
Gforce2019:

Nah today? I remember similar story told by a friend heading to UK , on landing at the airport , after all the due process, the guy called his childhood friend, and the friend switch off his fone. Thank God that the guy brought enough money for lodging and food
i dont know if u remember one story that was brought up here 3 yrs back about one succesful igbo man who was a succesful resturant owner based in indonesia. How this man out of his kindheart was helping some of kinsfolk to move over to indonesia and even using his resturant as a sort of temporary accomodation for some of his kinsmen who were stranded and how they later planted hard drugs in this man's resturant. The man got executed by the indonesian authorities even when he protested his innocence and it was later after his death dat he was found to be truely innocent. So no blame dose nigerians based abroad who refuse to help other nigerians wen it comes to accomodation. Sometimes most ppl prefer helpin their own close family members than friends for dhier own safety.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by dominique(f): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
k4kenny:
Where's OP o? The way the thread is moving, we'll get to page 20 before we see the next post!

He has modified one of his last posts, the complete story is on page 2. Thank God he's back home safe and sound. This should serve as a lesson to others that the grass is NOT always greener on the other side.

1 Like

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Bar1941(m): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

I never imagine I could read this your epistle till the end, that is the mistake many people make, right there in Naija there are few things you can do and still make little money to survive until something big come up. With my masters degree when I couldn't get a job, I went into poultry (broiler) production. Despite the fact I studied Animal science in school, I got the template I used for my first production right here on Nairaland. I lived in my brother's then uncompleted building as well as doing my production there. I started with 100 birds and I was able to survive for close to 2years on that without asking anyone for financial assistance. I started little and to God be the glory where I am today. May God help you and make ways for you. Above all, may God help our country Nigeria, it's so painful how young able bodies suffer relentlessly to survive in the country.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by tempem: 5:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
DonFebzyBlog:

Thanks for sharing, man.. You've Unknowningly helped some folks..
But, this is my question: Do you have the contact of the man that helped you?

3 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Peterpanny: 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2019
Iyajelili:

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Hope you're better now?
yea by his grace things are getting better.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by olatilldend: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Silly me, I once tried this ish simply because momsie talked to me about my wayward attitude, na so I abandon my comfy home (was a very young lad in higher institution then). Picked up my school ID card (not even int'l passport) off I went to Togo.

On getting there, it dawned on me I had made a grave mistake. Money was running out, knew no one. One mind said: keep going as far away as you can from your peeps, another mind kept asking me. . . U DEY CRAZE? BETTER HEAD BACK HOME

I decided to chill and observe happenings, bought benson & hedges since I couldn't see my preferred Marlborough, started smoking right there in the park. Soon after, one homeless looking dude came to me and asked if I'm Nigerian, told him I am and he went on and on about how Nigerians are super cool and brave. . . I just free the guy somehow.

By now, I had started missing the hot rice momsie must have prepared for lunch, my imaginary ego was becoming deflated small, small.
Later I saw a young guy who told me he's from Ibadan and he's been hustling for a while. Told me I could come join their setup if I'm interested. . . na so I change my mind. I had to sell my bikers boot to raise funds to come back.

All through the journey back home, I kept contemplating what could've become of me if I had stayed back. I realized my juvenile tantrum almost went too far, if someone is gladly paying my school fees and providing for me, what d heck am I looking to get myself into? Anyways, got home like a prodigal son and went to apologize to momsie. She could sense I'd finally come to my senses but she didn't ask me what happened, although, she noticed my shoes were missing.

Fast-forward to today, I'm an Engineering graduate doing real good. None of my family members know of my little shenanigan in Togo. . . does it even qualify as that, considering the fact that I ran back home at the first sign of issues

To everyone out there going through tumultuous times, please keep your head up, you will always prevail so long as you don't defeat yourself.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by vizkiz: 5:16pm On Jun 01, 2019
Op, your suffering in Ghana is not due to lack of money but due to your stupidity.

Your left Nigeria for a country based on a promise from someone whose personality is shady?

You even said you wrote to your friends at Abidjan on Facebook because you don't have their contact... Meaning you were planning to risk your life to some guys based on the fact that you see them living large without knowing what they do or being close to them?

God knew how stupid you are, I guess he intentionally made you suffer so you'd go back home with nothing. The same work whey you do take gather money for Ghana... Do that same work take dey live.

5 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Shikena(m): 5:17pm On Jun 01, 2019
Migration is an expression of the human aspiration for dignity, safety and a better future...
History in its broadest aspect is a record of man's migrations from one environment to another.
Follow your heart, pursue your dreams and face your challenges like a man but respect the choice of those that are fine with where their ancestors stopped their history of migration. The choice of the migrant must also be respected. It is all a matter of choice, no right or wrong. It will work well for some and not so, for others. Life goes on!

6 Likes

Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by DonFebzyBlog(m): 5:18pm On Jun 01, 2019
tempem:

Thanks for sharing, man.. You've Unknowningly helped some folks..
But, this is my question: Do you have the contact of the man that helped you?

No I don't. I didn't have a phone then so my mind didn't go there to tell him to write it for me. But he was really very nice and helpful to me.
Re: From Frying Pan To Fire In Search Of Greener Pastures. My True Life Experience. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2019
ultron12345:

please oo which part in nigeria are u located?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Man Swims From His House To Friends Place In Jakande Estate, Lekki (Video) / Kechi Okwuchi: Throwback Photo Of Sosoliso Air Crash Survivor / The Story Of Mothman In Point Pleasant, West Virginia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.