Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:31 AM

No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? (29001 Views)

We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? / There Will Be No Christians In Nigeria In Next 25 Years – NCEF Warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 10:26am On Jun 09, 2019
kaen1317:
Every Tom, Dick and Harry is free to comment on christian related thread but when its an islamic thread nairaland will ask you to swear heaven and earth.. Every religion should be treated equally. It is very wrong to be one-sided

It's because musIims wiII never insuIt christianity the way u people do

4 Likes

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Topmaike007(m): 10:28am On Jun 09, 2019
SaintLucia:
You now see the reason why NBC shut down AIT and Ray Power.
I have seen it...Seun issue tire me I swear
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Westsida: 10:29am On Jun 09, 2019
Kokoebapluse:

Your question have answer,.

I red Bible. And there is no single place in Bible where exist before or during the lifetime of Jesus, and it was pagan that first metion ( christain) in Bible because they are mocking Paul and co. I always ask christain what Will you know as if pagan didn't call you christain?

Pagan? The word didn’t come from the Bible?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:30am On Jun 09, 2019
Westsida:

Very wrong to use that! I like the fact that you understand what you believe in so deep cos I been following your point & I even checked those scriptures on google. But I have a question;

How did bible came Into existence?

By inspiration from God
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2019
jefff455:
pls does once saved always saved mean even if you commit sin you will still be saved cause me I don't understand I need explanation

If you sin while saved, you won't missed heaven. God might only punish you here on Earth, but your eternal security is certain.

Please read the below threads. They will get you saved. Ignore Tonto Dikeh news for today and read the threads. Thanks

https://www.nairaland.com/4942940/judas-demas-examining-verses-people

https://www.nairaland.com/4931034/believe-lose-salvation-then-called

https://www.nairaland.com/4878886/it-only-one-sin-sends
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:36am On Jun 09, 2019
LastDays777:

Don't grow in pride brother.

This is not growing in pride, but making sure he doesn't say my understanding which is biblical is wrong, especially when he couldn't proof it.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:37am On Jun 09, 2019
tunjijones:

My guy who are the priests in Isreal? Are they not the levites... It's obvious u dnt knw much abt the Bible. U jst believe what pastors tell u.

The Levites are not the priest but a tribe in Israel. The priests were Aaron and his sons. Go and study.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by FirePower1(m): 10:38am On Jun 09, 2019
1 Timothy 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
1 Timothy 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
1 Timothy 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
1 Timothy 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

The law is good if a man use it lawfully (lovefully), not allowing yourself to be enslaved by others through it and not enthroning yourself above others by it. Under the law, we are all equal before God, the law says do unto others as you would have them do unto you. But under grace, we are encouraged to love others the way Jesus loved us by dying for us.

Romans 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2019
STOP THE HERESY

Matthew 5:17-20 English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoeinver relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by naijaschoolguru(m): 10:40am On Jun 09, 2019
kaen1317:
Every Tom, Dick and Harry is free to comment on christian related thread but when its an islamic thread nairaland will ask you to swear heaven and earth.. Every religion should be treated equally. It is very wrong to be one-sided
If it were to be a Muslim thread, you will see different kind of insulting words, like, Islam is a curse, they are terrorists, blah blah blah, which is very wrong, but you hardly seen Muslim doing that in a Christian thread.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Richy4(m): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2019
Luke 10: 25-28 would have answered his questions.. Assuming he reads extensively...

Assuming the old law doesn't apply, Jesus would not have asked him to do that...
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2019
austelright1:
For those of you that keep saying Christ didn't abolished the law pls read
Galatians 2-14-18.
[14] When I saw that they were not following the truth of the gospel message, I said to Peter in front of all the others, “Since you, a Jew by birth, have discarded the Jewish laws and are living like a Gentile, why are you now trying to make these Gentiles follow the Jewish traditions? [15] “You and I are Jews by birth, not ‘sinners’ like the Gentiles. [16] Yet we know that a person is made right with God by faith in Jesus Christ, not by obeying the law. And we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we might be made right with God because of our faith in Christ, not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be made right with God by obeying the law.”[17] But suppose we seek to be made right with God through faith in Christ and then we are found guilty because we have abandoned the law. Would that mean Christ has led us into sin? Absolutely not! [18] Rather, I am a sinner if I rebuild the old system of law I already tore down.

Stop using Bible translations other than the King James Version.

Nowhere in the King James does it say JEWISH LAWS

Galatians 2:14-18 King James Version (KJV)
But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?
We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles,
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.
For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by hoopLA: 10:41am On Jun 09, 2019
Zionista:
STOP THE HERESY

Matthew 5:17-20 English Standard Version (ESV)

Christ Came to Fulfill the Law

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 Therefore whoeinver relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

So what does "fulfilling the law" mean,in your view?

2 Likes

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Bishopkingc: 10:43am On Jun 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
I find it funny how people who aren't even saved are now positioning themselves as Bible teachers. They think the Bible is some novel anybody can pick up, read and understand. They don't know that it is a spiritual book meant for those with the spirit of God in them. See what Jesus said about the Bible:

John 6:63 (KJV)
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

You can't understand them unless you are born of water and of spirit which means you are born again. Till then, you are just a natural man who will always misuse the word of God or find it foolish.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It's just like a Yoruba man complaining that he doesn't understand Chinese language. But a baby born to Chinese parents will understand it easily. Once you have the Holy Spirit, you will understand God's word which is Spirit and life.

Why did I go into the above details? The man in the OP believes he understands the Bible verses he quoted which speak of the law. The natural man he is sees the verses as saying the law has been done away it and has been thrown in the trash can, never to be followed or obeyed again. That's how a natural man reads the Bible.

Before I show you how a man with the Spirit of God reads the Bible, let's first of all expose the foolishness in the natural man's understanding of the verses he quoted.

According to him, the law has been thrown in the trash can because Jesus came, died and resurrected. If the law has been thrown in the garbage, kindly tell him to break the laws in Leviticus 18, which are mostly against having sex with one's close kin e.g mother, sister, father, brother, aunt etc.

Romans 4:15 (KJV)
for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Since he says the law is no more, isn't that also saying that it is not a sin to do those things? Let him go ahead and do them.

He quoted the below passage.

Galatians 3 vs 10 - 13
10 For all who rely on the works of the laware under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[e]11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”[f] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Clearly, he doesn't know what the passage is saying at all. To him, the passage means if we obey the laws, we would be cursed.

One thing I would want you all to know is that the passage is talking about those relying on the works of the law as a means of eternal salvation. Paul is clearly saying that if you are depending on your ability to obey the law as a means of making heaven, then you are cursed. You are cursed because you can never continue in the entire laws without breaking one. You can't at all. See what Paul said:

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

As seen above, Paul revealed that even if you keep the whole law and failed at just one, you will become guilty of even the ones you succeeded at. That is the curse of the law Paul was talking about. That's why he made it clear that depending on the law as a means to salvation is like cursing yourself to eternal damnation.

So what's the way to avoid depending on the law? The way is Jesus Christ who is the Way the Truth and the Life. You have to have faith in him to be saved. That way, there won't be any need to depend on the works of the law. As seen below, Paul said we are saved by Grace through faith, not by our ability to do the works of the law.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So far so good, we have seen that we Christians are to obey the laws of God unless in cases where they've been specifically changed in the New Testament e.g dietary laws washing, worship, animal sacrifice etc. The anti-tithing can't show where the law on tithing has been specifically changed in the New Testament.

We obey the laws to live right on Earth. The laws have made us realise that it is sinful to sleep with one's next of kin, have tattoos, be homosexual etc.

But when it comes to salvation, we don't depend on the law because Jesus has come to save us from the curse of the law which hits us when we fail one despite passing the rest.

Find a Once Saved Always Saved Church today for more knowledge.
Very correct. Your submission is very balanced
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by nwamabo247(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:

We don't observe the Sabbath because God specifically told us not to anymore.

Colossians 2:16-17 King James Version (KJV)
Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
you are wrong that was not what paul meant.he is talking to colosians christian who are not jews by religion not to be judge by their follow pagan colosians inrespect of meat eating or sabbath keeping which is part GOD jewish law.sabbath is instituted after 6days creation by GOD before the jews even exit.so not a shadow
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2019
austelright1:
Anyone that is paying tithe or observing part of the law is committing sin and under the curse of the law.
The law had been abolished by Christ.

Since the law has been discarded. make sure you sleep with your mother tonight, and don't use condom.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by kaen1317: 10:46am On Jun 09, 2019
naijaschoolguru:

If it were to be a Muslim thread, you will see different kind of insulting words, like, Islam is a curse, they are terrorists, blah blah blah, which is very wrong, but you hardly seen Muslim doing that in a Christian thread.
okay now I know

1 Like

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by kaen1317: 10:47am On Jun 09, 2019
Kabir2Mohammad:

It's because musIims wiII never insuIt christianity the way u people do
okay. Woe to those that insult Muslim's.

1 Like

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by sucess001(m): 10:49am On Jun 09, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
I find it funny how people who aren't even saved are now positioning themselves as Bible teachers. They think the Bible is some novel anybody can pick up, read and understand. They don't know that it is a spiritual book meant for those with the spirit of God in them. See what Jesus said about the Bible:

John 6:63 (KJV)
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

You can't understand them unless you are born of water and of spirit which means you are born again. Till then, you are just a natural man who will always misuse the word of God or find it foolish.

1 Corinthians 2:14 (KJV)
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

It's just like a Yoruba man complaining that he doesn't understand Chinese language. But a baby born to Chinese parents will understand it easily. Once you have the Holy Spirit, you will understand God's word which is Spirit and life.

Why did I go into the above details? The man in the OP believes he understands the Bible verses he quoted which speak of the law. The natural man he is sees the verses as saying the law has been done away it and has been thrown in the trash can, never to be followed or obeyed again. That's how a natural man reads the Bible.

Before I show you how a man with the Spirit of God reads the Bible, let's first of all expose the foolishness in the natural man's understanding of the verses he quoted.

According to him, the law has been thrown in the trash can because Jesus came, died and resurrected. If the law has been thrown in the garbage, kindly tell him to break the laws in Leviticus 18, which are mostly against having sex with one's close kin e.g mother, sister, father, brother, aunt etc.

Romans 4:15 (KJV)
for where no law is, there is no transgression.

Since he says the law is no more, isn't that also saying that it is not a sin to do those things? Let him go ahead and do them.

He quoted the below passage.

Galatians 3 vs 10 - 13
10 For all who rely on the works of the laware under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”[e]11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.”[f] 12 The law is not based on faith; on the contrary, it says, “The person who does these things will live by them.”[g] 13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: “Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.”

Clearly, he doesn't know what the passage is saying at all. To him, the passage means if we obey the laws, we would be cursed.

One thing I would want you all to know is that the passage is talking about those relying on the works of the law as a means of eternal salvation. Paul is clearly saying that if you are depending on your ability to obey the law as a means of making heaven, then you are cursed. You are cursed because you can never continue in the entire laws without breaking one. You can't at all. See what Paul said:

James 2:10
For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

As seen above, Paul revealed that even if you keep the whole law and failed at just one, you will become guilty of even the ones you succeeded at. That is the curse of the law Paul was talking about. That's why he made it clear that depending on the law as a means to salvation is like cursing yourself to eternal damnation.

So what's the way to avoid depending on the law? The way is Jesus Christ who is the Way the Truth and the Life. You have to have faith in him to be saved. That way, there won't be any need to depend on the works of the law. As seen below, Paul said we are saved by Grace through faith, not by our ability to do the works of the law.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Not of works, lest any man should boast.

So far so good, we have seen that we Christians are to obey the laws of God unless in cases where they've been specifically changed in the New Testament e.g dietary laws washing, worship, animal sacrifice etc. The anti-tithing can't show where the law on tithing has been specifically changed in the New Testament.

We obey the laws to live right on Earth. The laws have made us realise that it is sinful to sleep with one's next of kin, have tattoos, be homosexual etc.

But when it comes to salvation, we don't depend on the law because Jesus has come to save us from the curse of the law which hits us when we fail one despite passing the rest.

Find a Once Saved Always Saved Church today for more knowledge.

The fact that someone has a different perspective to u does not make them a natural man aka unsaved aka unbeliever.

You need to purge yourself of spiritual pride sir.

Nothing says you are right or he is right. That's why we have 2nd Timothy 2 .15 sir.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by onlyinJESUS: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2019
This guy is nothing but Ignorant.
the relationship between the old testament and new testament is that the old is the type while the new is the substance.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by alBHAGDADI: 10:51am On Jun 09, 2019
sucess001:

The fact that someone has a different perspective to u does not make them a natural man aka unsaved aka unbeliever.

You need to purge yourself of spiritual pride sir.

Nothing says you are right or he is right. That's why we have 2nd Timothy 2 .15 sir.

He's wrong to have implied that the law has been done away with. He also implied that cursed is everyone obeying the law. That means you are cursed for obeying the law against sleeping with your sister and mother. grin

Yet you say he's not wrong.

1 Like

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Anndrew(m): 10:51am On Jun 09, 2019
First,islam s a radical terrorist group..secondly,u cant comment in a muslim trend without swearing an oat bt every tom,dick and harry can comment in a christian trend without an oat...thirdly,Tribalism is major problem..afonja,yebo,ipob etc...Nigeria as a whole carry christianity and islam for head...lastly, Nigerians are hypocrisy....bishop,imam,pastors and prophet use naija to cash out as bet9ja..check d history of naija politics snce d tme of independent..hausa na sure pass...Nigeria itself is a fail nation....the topic abt sin in the forum,is a usless as Bleep...Damn

2 Likes

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by OkCornel(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2019
Have you all considered what Paul wrote in Timothy 1 v 8-11?

8We know that the law is good if one uses it properly.
9 We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers,
10 for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers--and for whatever else is contrary to the sound doctrine

Also consider these passages

Romans 6:14
for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Galatians 5:18
But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the Law...

Anyone with a contrary opinion can go and argue with Paul and the Apostles!

1 Like

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by nellyelitz(m): 10:58am On Jun 09, 2019
Go and ask our daddy GOs/GS i guess na that side money dey.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by bobchigar(m): 11:00am On Jun 09, 2019
see
naijaschoolguru:

In fact, despite the barrier, some Christians still deny their faith and cross the barrier just to cause trouble.

2 Likes

Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by orisa37: 11:01am On Jun 09, 2019
Be a good Student of the Bible And you will learn that The Commandment of Jesus is The Summary of The Laws.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by madridsta007(m): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2019
Maximus69:
You talk too much Sir and that doesn't show any sign of wisdom in you! Proverbs 15:2
Why not just go straight to your point just like any other participants does?
Why must you attribute the speech of a commentator to particular GROUP?
Are you saying that you know of a global unique group whose line of thought is ONE? 1Corinthians 1:10, Philippians 2:2, Ephesians 4:3
Knowledge is the 'accumulation of useful information' we know you all have it! But
Wisdom is the 'practical applications of accumulated information for lasting benefits' this is what eludes the intellect of most people!
For your information, abstaining from blood was not just a law but a compulsion for health benefits! Act 15:28-29 compared to Isaiah 48:17-18

You remind me of this very important article written by David Hundeyin, his personal story.

"The Jehovah’s Witnesses cult tears families apart. Here’s how it tore mine"

https://thescoopng.com/2019/04/25/the-jehovahs-witnesses-cult-tears-families-apart-heres-how-it-tore-mine/

Read it guys. You will read nothing more profound today.
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by uthlaw: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2019
Christianity start after Jesus left because Jesus never go to church in the Bible and he didn't mentioned Christianity when he was alive...
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by uwabuwa888: 11:05am On Jun 09, 2019
[quote author=iammo post=79154786] grin

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” — Matthew 5:18-19

Incase you find yourself in hell due to your Pastors foolishness.

Old testament was written by the only true Prophet of Gods like moses and abraham(jews and arab), which God appeared or sent angel gabriel to them on instructions of what to write.

While new testament was written by Freinds and disciple of Jesus christ without instruction from God or Jesus or even Angel Gabriel but wrote their own contradictory words.

For you to understand these disciples, you should know they were fishermen, tax collector , physician and others who later openly denied Jesus till he died and later compiled their own writtens with the help of Roman Europeans Emperiors and Decendants of Cesar whose governor crucified Jesus, since Jesus later resurrected they all came back after denying him

so nothing like "pentecost" in ur dictionary..were the holy spirit desended on the apostles ..of which the start preaching
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by kogi2010: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2019
sick ppl contradicting dere selves. ask a friend abt the prohibition of pork in the Bible n he said to me that's old testament, n I ask is the old testament not part of your bible his response, jesus has regulate the Bible in the new testament
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2019
Maximus69:
Whoever quotes any laws for you to obey now as a Christian is NOT a TRUE believer! Romans 10:2-4
TRUE Christian have just one law which is the law of Christ, meaning we're to make Jesus our role model. Imitate him in Thoughts, Words and Actions. That's all! Hebrew 12:2

I am certain the writer is digging it out with someone who tries to force down something/belief/doctrines/laws down his throat or he is just being a sarcastic fellow who loves to criticize everything associated with God.

We are in the dispensation of grace, the old testament was the dispensation of the laws. Grace has taken over the "trying" to fulfill the laws.

No Christian in the old testament because Christ has not come, the work of final atonement was not yet done and there is no how you could call them christians .

Christianity is not a name, a title or a religion, it's a way of life. Doing exactly like Jesus. Hope this help
Re: No Christians In Old Testament, Why Are They Forcing The Laws On Us? by Civastarzy(m): 11:11am On Jun 09, 2019
My advice for all is that live the life u think is best, die ur die, get ur judgement and go to ur enteral destination...Christians will tell u Christ is the only way to heaven...Muslims will tell your theirs,Hindu will tell u theirs, all religions has there own...I know God won’t be partial in his judgement..because there are some children born in the Christian home, Muslim home, Hindu, buddah,catholic, Judaism and so on...and you know it’s hard to convince any child born into any of these families to follow another religion...So my brother just do What u think is good to you finish

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Kumuyi Dedicates Bayelsa State New Governor's Office (photos) / Christians: Can a Non-Christian Go to Heaven? / Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.