Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

“ I Want To Be Your Friend” - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “ I Want To Be Your Friend” (6820 Views)

Marrying A Lady Your Friend Slept With In The Past / Will You Tell Your Friend, You Have Slept With The Girl He Is About To Marry? / Can You Allow Your Friend To Stay With Your Partner When You're Not Around? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s a question that needed an answer not an analysis of of my self worth and while we are on that subject I do have a high opinion of myself. There is no false aspect to it .Was I supposed to wait on the likes of you to bolster my repertoire?

Likes of me? — Nope.
You are obviously too sophisticated for my type. undecided
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by obyrich(m): 8:02am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

That would be preferable actually
Hmmm. Sounds strange. Many a woman will find that very offensive. grin
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by MissRaine69(f): 8:19am On Jun 05, 2019
obyrich:
Hmmm. Sounds strange. Many a woman will find that very offensive. grin
That’s why some men lie to them...with an outcome favouring one party
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by obyrich(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

That’s why some men lie to them...with an outcome favouring one party
You are correct.
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 8:34am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

The fact that it then becomes a labyrinth of words when saying exactly what they mean would have saved a whole heap of unnecessary small talk that would was clearly going nowhere fast.

I want to be your friend is a vote of security, meaning I don't want to loss an either interesting person before I even get to know them,its request phrase to indicate interest, I don't use that phrase but I think I understand why my brothers do,it makes you acceptance or decline option go easy on them,your reply would either be yes or no and that reduce tension since they where expecting that,I understand your question is targeted on those men who are only interested in having sexual relationship with a woman perhaps you think its better they state their business instead of deviating from the main course (just friends),but however I suggest you get used to that phrase there are a million nice guys who would use the same phrase and stick to it.

3 Likes

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Oluromantic: 8:57am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

Nope starting with that phrase alone puts you in negative equity
Went through all your replies to other posts. I see you just wanted to make some noise on NL.

If you knew the answer to your question, you should have posted a suggestion, not disqualifying almost all the responses you got. The thread has no value anymore that way.. nothing to learn. You made a thread and overshadowed all the post with no suggestion

5 Likes

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 05, 2019
It's a waste of time engaging Raine in arguments because she lives in one of those climes with advanced, secular cultures. Women can defeat shame traceable to marriage in those climes. That's why whether you get married or not will have no effect on their emotional wellbeing.

If you're a Nigerian woman(both parents), and thinks you can draw relationship inspiration from Raine, you're on your own. I concluded that our culture needs overhaul when my wife, 37, suffered miscarriage twice within first year of marriage and became greatly distressed. She forced me to move to another apartment in a bid to escape shame from fellow women who knew she had been pregnant twice and miscarried it. Now what if she's infertile? Would she ask me to leave Nigeria?

We will keep making comments in your threads, though we know most of your thoughts are not applicable to Nigerians.

Now to your question, nonstarters are the ones that ask to be friends. I pass complement on their beauties, obtain their phone number within 7 minutes and leave. If there's chemistry during our chats, I will then ask you out. Period!

3 Likes

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by LostMyZeal(m): 9:02am On Jun 05, 2019
This OP with her unnecessary concoction of words undecided

So...what should be said, instead...ITK

please, dive off your high horse

3 Likes

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Altern8(m): 9:09am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:
Why do some men use this as a chat up line? Why is it difficult for some to say exactly what they mean?
Genuinely curious about this phenomenon.

Hi Raine, I want to nak you for 3 months then I’ll leave you.

How do you feel about that “exact” statement of intention?

I think it’s better to package stuff nicely. Even if you have ulterior motives, at least put up a good facade. It’s good branding. Besides, they could change their minds along the way.

2 Likes

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Jaqenhghar: 9:13am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:
Why do some men use this as a chat up line? Why is it difficult for some to say exactly what they mean?
Soft landing..

[img]https://media1./images/d96f3c7d61f3f7ce01f703b7b8bafac9/tenor.gif?itemid=13112895[/img]
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by MissRaine69(f): 9:22am On Jun 05, 2019
Altern8:

Hi Raine, I want to nak you for 3 months then I’ll leave you.

How do you feel about that “exact” statement of intention?

I think it’s better to package stuff nicely. Even if you have ulterior motives, at least put up a good facade. It’s good branding. Besides, they could change their minds along the way.
Three months? That’s a bit over ambitious considering performance is also a factor here.
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Altern8(m): 9:29am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

Three months? That’s a bit over ambitious considering performance is also a factor here.

Lol. Are we talking about the same thing?

And out of all I wrote, why did you pick “three months” to respond to?
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Jollof123: 9:47am On Jun 05, 2019
I don't friend and I don't do relationship because I have one I cherised and am never ready to trade her for anybody else.

So when I meet girls both offline and online I normally use the word...can we hook up, intimate friend or friends with benefit.

Yes/no will follow suit

1 Like

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by SaucyBenks(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

It would be exceptionally naive of me to assume what was meant to be a physical arrangement would graduate to wedding bells. This is a mistake most women make....I happen to be not most women.
lucky you then...

But you can't be too sure of yourself my dear
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Godsage(m): 10:41am On Jun 05, 2019
fieryy:
That phrase is so irritating. I don't even reply back. I mean what the f?!

Since when do friendships start with "I want to be your friend?"

Someone you had no idea even existed until ca. 2 mins ago
I want to be ur friend tongue
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Godsage(m): 10:43am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

Yes
And I certainly did not use that phrase.
I would prefer if we bleep till my preek fall offs grin..

U want hear truth?
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by BuikemWillz(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

Yes

You really are what you are...
I would so love to be wooed by you...
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 11:40am On Jun 05, 2019
sisisioge:
...or why do they change it to "I only wanna be friends" after you oust their apparent motive grin grin
I want to be your friend lipsrsealed
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 05, 2019
fieryy:

Hello Girl, I want to be your friend lipsrsealed
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

It’s a question that needed an answer not an analysis of of my self worth and while we are on that subject I do have a high opinion of myself. There is no false aspect to it .Was I supposed to wait on the likes of you to bolster my repertoire?
Mama da mama cool
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 11:45am On Jun 05, 2019
fieryy:

So, what expression would you have preferred?? I mean instead of "I want to be your friend"
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by chinchonglee(m): 11:48am On Jun 05, 2019
Dear OP..

I wont give u word nw its already late cos its d second page so pple wont see it, therefore i will be patient till u create anoda foolish thread like dis one.

And some useless generation of useless girls re hyping demselves already on dis thread.

Dnt worry we ll meet in anoda thread
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 05, 2019
omale88:

I want to be your friend is a vote of security, meaning I don't want to loss an either interesting person before I even get to know them,its request phrase to indicate interest, I don't use that phrase but I think I understand why my brothers do,it makes you acceptance or decline option go easy on them,your reply would either be yes or no and that reduce tension since they where expecting that,I understand your question is targeted on those men who are only interested in having sexual relationship with a woman perhaps you think its better they state their business instead of deviating from the main course (just friends),but however I suggest you get used to that phrase there are a million nice guys who would use the same phrase and stick to it.
Thank you so much
We NANG (Nigerian Association Of Nice Guys) appreciate your deposition!!

4 Likes

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by MissRaine69(f): 12:15pm On Jun 05, 2019
Oluromantic:

Went through all your replies to other posts. I see you just wanted to make some noise on NL.

If you knew the answer to your question, you should have posted a suggestion, not disqualifying almost all the responses you got. The thread has no value anymore that way.. nothing to learn. You made a thread and overshadowed all the post with no suggestion
And yet you posted something. Why did you not scroll on by? Before I digress.
You are entitled to an opinion and on the matter of that opinion I am entitled to not show any ounce of care regarding what it is you think.
I can say hand on my heart I give zero fcks about all that your wrote.
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by MissRaine69(f): 12:17pm On Jun 05, 2019
chinchonglee:
Dear OP..

I wont give u word nw its already late cos its d second page so pple wont see it, therefore i will be patient till u create anoda foolish thread like dis one.

And some useless generation of useless girls re hyping demselves already on dis thread.

Dnt worry we ll meet in anoda thread
All that typing on a “useless thread?”
You are the king of petty
I envy everyone you have never met.
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by chinchonglee(m): 12:19pm On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

All that typing on a “useless thread?”
You are the king of petty
I envy everyone you have never met.
be feeling important..2day is ur day
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Signal004(m): 12:22pm On Jun 05, 2019
Dance in the Holyghost Sinach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wV3VJ3XW_4
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Oluromantic: 12:25pm On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

And yet you posted something. Why did you not scroll on by? Before I digress.
You are entitled to an opinion and on the matter of that opinion I am entitled to not show any ounce of care regarding what it is you think.
I can say hand on my heart I give zero fcks about all that your wrote.
You have serious mind issues
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by dfrost: 12:37pm On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:

Yes

shocked You toasted a man? Where do you stay please? In Nigeria? Outside Nigeria? cheesy grin

Please come off your high horse. A Nigerian (girl/woman/lady/spinster - pick any that suits you) toast a Nigerian man. The end of the world is here then. cheesy grin angry
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by dfrost: 12:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
LostMyZeal:
This OP with her unnecessary concoction of words undecided

So...what should be said, instead...ITK

please, dive off your high horse

Someone said it before me. Thank you ma broda. She's definitely on her high horse. The thread was to make her feel worthy. The type that has a feeling that 'likes' and 'shares' makes them intelligent. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by Regiomontanus(m): 12:58pm On Jun 05, 2019
MissRaine69:
Can't someone be your friend in peace? Why do you ladies think you are so special and the best thing since sliced bread that any boy who comes across you all wants your pussy and heart?

Get down from that high horse.
Re: “ I Want To Be Your Friend” by LostMyZeal(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2019
dfrost:

Someone said it before me. Thank you ma broda. She's definitely on her high horse. The thread was to make her feel worthy. The type that has a feeling that 'likes' and 'shares' makes them intelligent. cheesy grin

she a Queen of vocabulary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SCARY: Look At This Scary Thing I'm About To Do [PICTURE] / I Don’t Know Why Guys Are Scared To Talk To Me, Am Still Single- Lady Cry Out / Weird Situations Which Led To Being Bleeped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.