Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (30496 Views)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Deepfeel(m): 9:48am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

That one is a topic for another day the focus in on men.
Maybe women have high self esteem because they are well trained than boys.
Nigerian women Don't have high self-esteem, the training they got from their parents even contributes to their low self-esteem, most of them don't know their worth, marrying a rich man is an ultimate achievement for most of them in life, they see themselves as weaker vessels like their religion make believe, they see men as superior, even those women richer than men, give men money to pay for their bride price, to show they are under a man, the problem is right from the African culture and religion

15 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Korllami007: 10:02am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

To be honest no.
That is not my field or something I do on a regular.
Like the generator or light bulb.I do those because I have need for it.
Because I don't do it does not mean others ladies cannot do it if they want to.
I have alady friend mechanic.I also have a woman who also changes tyres.
If I put interest I can do it same with other ladies.
The problem is our society would laugh or discourage such women and call them tomboys.
It depends on the environment such woman grows in in order to go against such stereotypes that such works are male only.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Nice shifting of goal post.

Have you seen any woman doing it? Like digging suck away digging well or pit. The answer is very simple. These jobs require a lot of energy and strength and men have a lot of strength and energy than woman, and you know it. So, no doubt about that.

You know that Nigeria have female soldiers but none of them are in the war front and that's the area they are also specialized in.

When it comes sport like weightlifting, the KG of the category of men is more higher than that of the category of women. Because if a woman tries the KG of category of men, she go quench. grin

We're wired differently by nature so you can't fight it. So, what a man can do, a woman can but there are some limitations to what a woman can do. Women are wired to do soft work not hard work. It's nature.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2019
Deepfeel:

Nigerian women Don't have high self-esteem, the training they got from their parents even contributes to their low self-esteem, most of them don't know their worth, marrying a rich man is an ultimate achievement for most of them in life, they see themselves as weaker vessels like their religion make believe, they see men as superior, even those women richer than men, give men money to pay for their bride price, to show they are under a man, the problem is right from the African culture and religion
I agree same goes for our men who not only lack self esteem are insecure and lack self confidence.
I have adressed it in my post.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:08am On Jun 08, 2019
Korllami007:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. Nice shifting of goal post.

Have you seen any woman doing it? Like digging suck away digging well or pit. The answer is very simple. These jobs require a lot of energy and strength and men have a lot of strength and energy than woman, and you know it. So, no doubt about that.

You know that Nigeria have female soldiers but none of them are in the war front and that's the area they are also specialized in.

When it comes sport like weightlifting, the KG of the category of men is more higher than that of the category of women. Because if a woman tries the KG of category of men, she go quench. grin

We're wired differently by nature so you can't fight it. So, what a man can do, a woman can but there are some limitations to what a woman can do. Women are wired to do soft work not hard work. It's nature.

I never brought physical aspect to it you did.
Even when you quoted you never initially stated physical aspect but all of a sudden you have gone there so who is shifting the goal post now.
Besides is physical aspect the only thing that make men superior to women.
Some women are exceptions to such notions.
Soft work hard work yet men and women even though at different percentages still do the so called soft work and hardwork.
Talking about war check on women in the israeli military.

6 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by bukatyne(f): 10:16am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
discussion 4 another day...or bring it up as a thread..how 2day market?hope sey u sell d rice and beans finish.

The day just started na.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 10:18am On Jun 08, 2019
bukatyne:

The day just started na.
ansa my kweshun 1st.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by bukatyne(f): 10:19am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.
The african society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.
I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".
A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.
They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.
They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.
I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past.Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.

My answer is always constant.

Women, choose the right men and train up your sons to be same.

I have seen a lot of women complain about their husbands and train their sons to be replica of their husbands.

It seems the qualities most of them seek in husbands they do not want replicated in their sons.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:26am On Jun 08, 2019
bukatyne:

My answer is always constant.

Women, choose the right men and train up your sons to be same.

I have seen a lot of women complain about their husbands and train their sons to be replica of their husbands.

It seems the qualities most of them seek in husbands they do not want replicated in their sons.

A guest of Tvc your view.
Mr praise fowowe says this on the programme that since grown up men cannot change women including men should start by training their sons to be better men.
Thanks for your input smiley

6 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
A guest of Tvc your view.
Mr praise fowowe says this on the programme that since grown up men cannot change women including men should start by training their sons to be better men.
Thanks for your input smiley

That is the only way.

If sons are raised better, by the next generation, the bad eggs would be outliners.

Till then, we are in it together.

I however think that the quality of men are improving.

You are welcome.

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Korllami007: 10:39am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

I never brought physical aspect to it you did.
Even when you quoted you never initially stated physical aspect but all of a sudden you have gone there so who is shifting the goal post now.
[/b] Besides is physical aspect the only thing that make men superior to women. [b]
Some women are exceptions to such notions.
Soft work hard work yet men and women even though at different percentages still do the so called soft work and hardwork.
Talking about war check on women in the israeli military.

That's why I said, there's no equal participation because we're wired differently.

11 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:43am On Jun 08, 2019
Korllami007:

That's why I said, there's no equal participation because we're wired differently.

In simple terms
Equal participation means it is open to everybody.
Simple english, and yes we are wired differently even men among themselves they are wired differently and different in some aspects it is an individual thing that we are wired differently does not mean it should not be open to everyone which is where diversity comes in.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Korllami007: 10:45am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
In simple terms
Equal participation means it is open to everybody.
Simple english, and yes we are wired differently even men among themselves they are wired differently and different in some aspects it is an individual thing that we are wired differently does not mean it should not be open to everyone which is where diversity comes in.

So, why are female soldiers are not participating in the war against the boko haram? grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:51am On Jun 08, 2019
Korllami007:

So, why are female soldiers are not participating in the war against the boko haram? grin grin
Ask your Nigerian military maybe it is the pre conceived notion that women are weak.
In today's world going onto war does not mean fighting alone. You could go into war as an health official and take care of wounded soldier logistics wnd strategic personnel and so on and both men snd women can do this.Is it every man in the military that fights boko haram?
In some countries women do it so ask your military men why.
Google is your friend. Some countries embrace women participation in military affairs unlike ours.
Take for instance women in the israeli military.

6 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Deepfeel(m): 10:58am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

I agree same goes for our men who not only lack self esteem are insecure and lack self confidence.
I have adressed it in my post.
So it's a 50/50 thing
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 10:59am On Jun 08, 2019
Deepfeel:

So it's a 50/50 thing
Maybe cheesy
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Deepfeel(m): 11:03am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Maybe cheesy
Waiting for your second thread of how some Nigerian ladies have low self-esteem then : wink

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 11:04am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
I totally agree with you. A lot of Nigerian men embrace a very toxic form of masculinity. The more misogynist a society is, the more you see this toxic masculinity ish.

The Nigerian society for example puts a lot of pressure on men. Their worth is usually defined by material things like their salary and not their character.
We all know how fickle material things are and truth is majority of men will always belong to either the middle or the lower class.

Since a lot of men also do not know how to communicate properly because it is interpreted as showing weakness, they tend to bundle up all their emotions.
The inability of not being able to handle your emotions and talk about how you feel means you having to eventually let it out in other ways.

This is usually done by hiding their vulnerability as well as insecurities behind anger.

A broke man, who knows society approves of men with big pockets is more likely to complain about gold diggers, even though he doesn't even really have the gold.

It's a man whose worth and respect is tied to his pocket that will feel insecure when he meets an independent lady. He'd rather go for a woman who depends on him financially, so he can complain with his pals about how women are useless and bring nothing to the table.

He's more likely to never date a woman who has more money that him. His excuse? "They can't handle succes".

that phrase " toxic masculinity" is the dumbest thing I've ever heard in my whole life. It is just one of the propaganda in the west which they are using to further weaken their men and turn them to sucklings. Why should the society care whether a man decides to cry in public or hold himself till he gets inside his house? If a woman does not cry or show emotion in difficult situation she is strong but if a man does not show emotion or cry it is toxic masculinity.
The notion that men feel "threatened" by "independent" woman (lol, I'm yet to see an independent woman that is truly independent) is another bullshiit that you women come up with to make yourself feel good that it's the society or men that make you leech. Why should I be bothered that a woman I'm dating is able to buy her own pant and bra or even a car? I'm not telling her to buy me one. Men buy cars everyday and use it to carry their girlfriends and wives with those females feeling entitled to the car but why can't you females too buy cars if you could and drive your male partner without having to remind the broke man that he is broke?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by afinotanjnr(m): 11:08am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:
While i may not totally agree with all you say, the rate at which guys derive pleasure from insulting ladies on this forum is annoying and very childish!!

Any guy that do not understand the female foxes... Need to do that....until they do that then we can't lives quietly

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 11:12am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

And the men who patronise them are moloshos and shovels right?
Focus your energy on your fellow men.
the men who patronise them don't cry that women objectify them

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by liberalchick(f): 11:13am On Jun 08, 2019
Please may I ask what those qualities are?
PhenomenalMorgan:

The reason why the bible commands women to submit to their husbands is to prevent leadership crisis and most importantly because men are naturally endowed with qualities that make them better leaders than women...
If you feel you can't submit to a guy cause he is "weak" and can't control his own life then don't marry him!! Simple!!
Marry a man you know you can submit to, be convinced he is strong, wise and matured to lead you.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by liberalchick(f): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2019
cheesy cheesy cheesy
“Molosho” never heard this before, very funny cheesy

[quote author=AmazonTopaz post=79124267]
And the men who patronise them are moloshos and shovels right?
Focus your energy on your fellow men. [/quote

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Bossjakande: 11:20am On Jun 08, 2019
my new rule wen I see stupid topic like dis I look throway face and pass.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 08, 2019
In as much as women are bought in the name of bride price, there can never be such thing as equality. The very true step to gender equality is complete abolishment and criminalization of bride price

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Bossjakande: 11:22am On Jun 08, 2019
liberalchick:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
“Molosho” never heard this before, very funny cheesy

are u a christain.am writing a blog now it will be out Sunday afternoon or evening so I can mention u.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 08, 2019
You are just a feminist...a woman ought to be submissive to the man, it's life, nature, even all religions proffess this...it can't be the other way round...it's the way it is.

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by liberalchick(f): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2019
What is wrong in cooking, cleaning and having sex with your husband/boyfriend/man? If I may ask.
luminouz:
Donbachi,..PhenomenaMorgan....why in hell are u entertaining these girls na You are wasting ur time with them.

amazontopaz said her mum isn't submissive in her own home to her husband...and BOOM,aunty came out with a lot of emotional drivel,even likened a man's superiority in a home to being able to beat a woman to submission I mean WTF.

The other breakeroficecream came with her own yarn and all I see are twisted facts and I wonder why these girls type as if dem no go marry abi na dem go pay their own bride price ni? These ones love shouting Dont blah blah to men..blah blah and I wonder why she shouts so much about men on her posts...

The fiery/efufulele one came and started dancing crazily on mentions,further muddling and scattering the whole discourse. She barbecued any sense left out of the other feministas points. Why are these girls so confused?

What I've learned is this...NL versions of feminist are worse than chameleons...they want equal right, yet not equal responsibilities... N they are fvckin hypocrites...I won't be surprised if they are in a man's house right now,doing the do,then cooking and cleaning for him too...only to come online and start all these.

Linda ikeji comes to mind when I read these kinda posts.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by liberalchick(f): 11:35am On Jun 08, 2019
“She is too emotional” it’s a sexist slur. It insinuates women are devoid of logic and incapable of making rational decisions. cheesy cheesy
AmazonTopaz:

Men are as emotional as women.
The word emotion is not a weakness but a human attribute that does not make it bad.
You lots are quick to use that word when a woman brings an argument. Like as if sentiments are not emotions and your first comment was not sentimental to the topic in support of your fellow men. Is that post of yours not emotional?

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by essenceplus: 11:38am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.
The african society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.
I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".
A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.
They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.
They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.
I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past.Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.

You believe

Perceptions and Conjectures

Outta here

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by essenceplus: 11:40am On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

The reason why the bible commands women to submit to their husbands is to prevent leadership crisis and most importantly because men are naturally endowed with qualities that make them better leaders than women...
If you feel you can't submit to a guy cause he is "weak" and can't control his own life then don't marry him!! Simple!!
Marry a man you know you can submit to, be convinced he is strong, wise and matured to lead you.

Sharp

Last paragraph so one point. I'm going to order hot amala cause of that statement

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by liberalchick(f): 11:40am On Jun 08, 2019
Thank you!!! If you have to put down or denigrate another group just to feel like a top dog, then you are weak!!

The gag is, in real life no one takes them seriously.

AntiBrutus:
I suppose you mean Romance section men, the ones who will never be caught dead in any intellectual discourse outside this section.

They are all suffering from low IQ.

No matter how dumb they are, they are very lucky to be considered more logical than any and every woman, by virtue of owning a dick.

Do not take these alfa males too seriously. If they had any reasonable thing going on for themselves, that is what they will be flaunting...not their pseudo-alfa status.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Safiaa(f): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2019
It’s actually disgusting.
PhenomenalMorgan:
While i may not totally agree with all you say, the rate at which guys derive pleasure from insulting ladies on this forum is annoying and very childish!!
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 11:42am On Jun 08, 2019
liberalchick:
What is wrong in cooking, cleaning and having sex with your husband/boyfriend/man? If I may ask.
U asked in a mature manner,so I wanna reply u.

Check the thread again and see why I posted what u quoted! I only have issue when women like OP come all out and claim they are chained by men yet they still depend on men, cuz they won't accept equal responsibilities (the man still has to pay for everything,including her bride price). Women already have equal rights (school,work, positions), so I just dont know where the inequality issue comes in. Is it in cooking and cleaning? Or taking kids to school? Or what?

Check oluwaseyi000 and lilbest4 posts for the rest...

Cheers!

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Made My Husband Impotent For Taking A Second Wife - Woman Confesses In Delta / How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / That Past Experience(s) That Made You Smile Or Laugh Out Loud.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.