Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (30397 Views)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Malawian(m): 4:42pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.

The African society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.

I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".

A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.

They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.

They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.

I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past. Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.
No go find who go give you belle, dey there dey write textbook.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Equal rights is for everybody and tavours everybody.
And yes women can approach men even you who wants to take it serious when a lady approaches you in ypur mentaloty you would shame her, call her cheap and desperate or do you not read comments like that on this forum? So toasting is a vital issue undecided
that is the difference between a man and a woman.
a man don't take shaming and rejection as the end. he moves to the next target but the other one crawl back into her shell because she was shamed

11 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Odkboy23(m): 4:45pm On Jun 08, 2019
The topic alone is misleading, I thought this thread will be about how to be more confident etc, not toxic masculinity...... But OP what does low self esteem and lack of self confidence has to with insulting the female folks.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by TSRC: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
No man can control a chimamamda.
Why?
Because she already laid our her system before she got married.
Only a man that can adapt to her system will approach her for marriage.

She claims she does not subscribe to men opening doors for women, evacuating women and children first in times of crisis, and other things favouring women.
So she is a feminist to the core. And obviously deserves her own independence.

The Nigerian ladies in Nigeria on the other hand, wants the benefits of a weaker sex but does not want to be treated and controlled like a weaker sex.

Keep dreaming. The day Nigerian women would depend solely on themselves without expecting a man to spend as a matter of necessity, is the day their liberation begins.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

To be honest no.
That is not my field or something I do on a regular.
Like the generator or light bulb.I do those because I have need for it.
Because I don't do it does not mean others ladies cannot do it if they want to.
I have alady friend mechanic.I also have a woman who also changes tyres.
If I put interest I can do it same with other ladies.
The problem is our society would laugh or discourage such women and call them tomboys.
It depends on the environment such woman grows in in order to go against such stereotypes that such works are male only.
if the society laugh at you, that is the time to show them we are all equal, not so? giving up means you accept the status quo and that we are your superior

9 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Northeastern: 4:48pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.

The African society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.

I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".

A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.

They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.

They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.

I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past. Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.

This one na mumu post o. Look at what the wanna be op has on his profile.

Of all the problems you have in Nigeria, so this is the only one you can focus on. Mumu, some things are beyond your African mentality. How can you be using self esteem when you are in Nigeria, a country where everything defies logic and common sense. Look at what the mumu has on his profile below.

Mumu, when you are done, go and read about the wage disparity in the NBA and WNBA, between male and female tennis players, and all other professional sports.

When you are Nigeria, you should not be talking about self-esteem when your leaders are robbing you black and blue and there is no end in sight. Think about how to hold the government accountable in providing primary health care to reduce child and maternal mortality rates. The one Bill gates sunk close to $2bn without result. Nigeria is the fourth worst place to give birth on earth, 1 mother in every 100 dies during childbirth, go write about how to curb that. 1 in every 10 children die at birth, even war-torn Sudan has a better child mortality rate.

Those are what you should focus on, and while at it, think about the imminent population implosion, you people will be 400 million in 2050.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Skmoda360(m): 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
breakerofchains:
Stop submitting to men!

Many of them are dull. They can't even control their own lives.

And you are an adult who can make decisions for herself.

Stop feeding their over bloated egos.

No body should tell me about what your Bible or Qoran says because I don't care.
coming from a feminist.....
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

I agree same goes for our men who not only lack self esteem are insecure and lack self confidence.
I have adressed it in my post.
there is a difference between self-esteem and ego. men has high ego
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Westtimeline: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
I totally agree with you. A lot of Ni gerian men embrace a very toxic form of masculinity. The more misogynist a society is, the more you see this toxic masculinity ish.

The Nigerian society for example puts a lot of pressure on men. Their worth is usually defined by material things like their salary and not their character.
We all know how fickle material things are and truth is majority of men will always belong to either the middle or the lower class.

Since a lot of men also do not know how to communicate properly because it is interpreted as showing weakness, they tend to bundle up all their emotions.
The inability of not being able to handle your emotions and talk about how you feel means you having to eventually let it out in other ways.

This is usually done by hiding their vulnerability as well as insecurities behind anger.

A broke man, who knows society approves of men with big pockets is more likely to complain about gold diggers, even though he doesn't even really have the gold.

It's a man whose worth and respect is tied to his pocket that will feel insecure when he meets an independent lady. He'd rather go for a woman who depends on him financially, so he can complain with his pals about how women are useless and bring nothing to the table.

He's more likely to never date a woman who has more money that him. His excuse? "They can't handle succes".

If you like, talk from now till tomorrow, a gol digger is a gold digger

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2019
bukatyne:

My answer is always constant.

Women, choose the right men and train up your sons to be same.

I have seen a lot of women complain about their husbands and train their sons to be replica of their husbands.

It seems the qualities most of them seek in husbands they do not want replicated in their sons.

every woman want to control her husband but no mother want her son under a woman control

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Stillthebest: 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Whats your definition of "Feminism" This is where the issue starts from!!
I assume
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Maliqcious: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2019
It true Boys okay men generally in Nigeria are not taught on what's it takes to be a man to your wife or girlfriend... Buh from the beginning Men has always been the protector of the family including the wife...lemme digress a little tell Me how many social animal where the man is not the head? Look at Lion,gorillas, chimpanzees, Baboons,elephants e.t.c... Where I come from it a tradition for a woman to b submissive to Man...and mind U so long U not abusive...Ladies love men who are macho like...

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
Stillthebest:

I assume you should the meaning of feminism if you could take your time to write
Many dont know what feminism is, if you ask them they will say its equality of both sexes...
Equality is a broad term, Equality of what, how
This are the questions many cant answer.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by ehiphill: 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2019
well, to some extent i think i agree with you

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

It has been used on thos forum sonce last year.
Molosho is the male version of olosho.
Sameway shovel is to hoe(the name they call some ladies) I call them shovel.
you won't hear any man crying because you call him names. we have thicker skin. you should already now we are superior in everything

8 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Westtimeline: 5:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

@bold, I am not them and my mom is not a submissive type and my parents are still together. My dad is not a control freak.
I never claimed to be a christian neither did I bring religion in my post.
How many times have you told your fellow men to love their wives to the extent of dying for their wives you are only comfortable telling women.Maybe if men took apostle paul's instruction they would be better husbands.
The definition of submission cannot be literally applied in today's world because during the time apostle paul instructed women to be submissive slavery was permissible women had little or no rights so it was okay to easily submit but today women have rights are educated, have choices etc so it would definitely be hard to submit in the literal sense.
That your dad is a weakling does not mean other guys are.

My mum is submissive and my dad can die for her. May their lovely souls rest in peace. If you don't want to be submissive, stay on your lane. Look for your weakling husband somewhere.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by naijajobx: 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
A tomatoes does not dictate it's price neither is it a living thing.
Very silly of you to make such comparison. So men sleep with tomatoes.
This shows your IQ is low.
men buy tomatoes same way they buy vagina.
nicer tomatoes dictates higher price

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Westtimeline: 5:03pm On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
i have seen where you got it from.
Abi o. She wants every men to be weakling like her dad. Spit.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by ruffDiamond: 5:05pm On Jun 08, 2019
naija girls are among the most Ill-mannered, dumbest,proud for NOTHING set of female in Earth, especially these current generation..that aside their fake beauty and fashion they spend so much time working everyday of their live.. instead of working more on their inner beauty and manner..and before u say my mum too,my mum belong to the old and well respected order.u can't even imagine... not all these disrespectful,choosy, fickle minded, harebrained oloshoish lots all over..we are not talking about the body count or mileage o..a ravished feminist spewing trash about reorientation for men lol..Simi see trouble

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 08, 2019
ornicus:

please understand that the totality of men are more than some broke sex starved small boys with internet access
whatever you are saying to please the ladies, always remember that nature made men superior

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Westtimeline: 5:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

It is irrational to liken a parent to a child and vice versa.
A parent and a child are two different entities are you insinuating that my father had no part to play in my upbringing? undecided
Yes, cos he is weak.

5 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:09pm On Jun 08, 2019
Westtimeline:
That your dad is a weakling does not mean other guys are.

My mum is submissive and my dad can die for her. May their lovely souls rest in peace. If you don't want to be submissive, stay on your lane. Look for your weakling husband somewhere.
That is your opinion.The word weakling is not applicable in this sense.My parents are not complaining so mind your business.
I did not ask for your family's history.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
Westtimeline:
Yes, cos he is weak.
you do not deserve my attention so bye bye

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mk93:

you won't hear any man crying because you call him names. we have thicker skin. you should already now we are superior in everything
*yawns*

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by DMerciful(m): 5:11pm On Jun 08, 2019
Women blame men for most things including their rights. When Remi Sonai contested for president
how many women voted for her? Despite the fact that we have more women voters, she garnered abysmal number of votes. Women dont want women leadership,
they only want men to give them what they have the numbers to get. Who better to push the cause of women advocacy than a woman president yet what they are asking for is 30% position in govt. How pathetic!
AmazonTopaz:

Please bring your statistics.
That is a stereotype I have seen men lead women to disaster besides is capacity the only thing required to be a leader? Is physical strength the only thing required in a leader?
What do you define as natural in time past it was natural to kill twins, slavery was seen as natural and God ordained.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
Northeastern:

[s]This one na mumu post o. Look at what the wanna be op has on his profile.

Of all the problems you have in Nigeria, so this is the only one you can focus on. Mumu, some things are beyond your African mentality. How can you be using self esteem when you are in Nigeria, a country where everything defies logic and common sense. Look at what the mumu has on his profile below.

Mumu, when you are done, go and read about the wage disparity in the NBA and WNBA, between male and female tennis players, and all other professional sports.

When you are Nigeria, you should not be talking about self-esteem when your leaders are robbing you black and blue and there is no end in sight. Think about how to hold the government accountable in providing primary health care to reduce child and maternal mortality rates. The one Bill gates sunk close to $2bn without result. Nigeria is the fourth worst place to give birth on earth, 1 mother in every 100 dies during childbirth, go write about how to curb that. 1 in every 10 children die at birth, even war-torn Sudan has a better child mortality rate.

Those are what you should focus on, and while at it, think about the imminent population implosion, you people will be 400 million in 2050[/s].
Just shut up

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by hesilo(m): 5:13pm On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
feminism is a woman that cannot stand and pee,challenging a man that can...can u spell girl with ur pee?
grin grin grin grin

Boss you cracked me up with this. In fact you dey mad grin cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by ehiphill: 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:
I totally agree with you. A lot of Nigerian men embrace a very toxic form of masculinity. The more misogynist a society is, the more you see this toxic masculinity ish.

The Nigerian society for example puts a lot of pressure on men. Their worth is usually defined by material things like their salary and not their character.
We all know how fickle material things are and truth is majority of men will always belong to either the middle or the lower class.

Since a lot of men also do not know how to communicate properly because it is interpreted as showing weakness, they tend to bundle up all their emotions.
The inability of not being able to handle your emotions and talk about how you feel means you having to eventually let it out in other ways.

This is usually done by hiding their vulnerability as well as insecurities behind anger.

A broke man, who knows society approves of men with big pockets is more likely to complain about gold diggers, even though he doesn't even really have the gold.

It's a man whose worth and respect is tied to his pocket that will feel insecure when he meets an independent lady. He'd rather go for a woman who depends on him financially, so he can complain with his pals about how women are useless and bring nothing to the table.

He's more likely to never date a woman who has more money that him. His excuse? "They can't handle succes".
true talk.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 5:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
alizma:

A woman without low self esteem will not wait for a man to pay her bride price in 2019. She will walk straight to her family and tell them she has found herself a man and ask them to accompany her to the mans family where she ask for the man's hand in marriage
I agree are you ready for me to come and pay your groom price?
Hope your friends would not call you a weakling?

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mk93:

whatever you are saying to please the ladies, always remember that nature made men superior

See what I mean - you’re like white trash redneck racists. The only thing they can hang on to is that they are ‘genetically better’ than blacks, because take that away from them, and they are absolutely nothing.

It is only the most abject of failures who have to rest on God made us superior, since they are inferior in most other endeavors.

Pele. Hope thats not what you hold on to when smarter girls beat you in class. Like the day a guy was telling his senior i am older than you, completely oblivious to the implications

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by DMerciful(m): 5:21pm On Jun 08, 2019
E never reach to change this ur dp? Dont like this one jor
funmisticqueen:
one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Is There Anything As A Destined Wife/husband. / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.