Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,944 members, 7,821,306 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion (30452 Views)

Steps In Raising Children With Healthy Self Esteem / Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / House Help Abuse: Why Some Nigerian Wives Won't Make Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 8:59am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

I find it quite funny how you called everybody out, but not the idiot who is incapable of having a discussion and is rather whining about a woman, who has achieved more than his entire generation.

See what I mean,emotional drivel...that is and will always be ur weakness.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:01am On Jun 08, 2019
stupidity:
what equal rights are you lots always talking about? There is a reason God created man and woman differently. There’s a reason man pays a woman’s dowry and make her his wife. So many reason why a woman is a woman and a man being a man and superior. There can never be an equal right

But women have a right to education, to vote and be voted for, to acquire property etc so what da hell are you saying or is it that you have no idea on what equal rights mean

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 9:02am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
i mean whether na u dey fvck ur sef?
She wants traffic and attention,stop giving her that! undecided

7 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 9:03am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

*sighs*
How does my topic relate to sex?
You must not comment.
men dis men dat...na u're sighing...u go submit to preeq but u no go submit to pesin wey carry am..u try.

13 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 08, 2019
luminouz:

Says the hypocritical fool who was just whining and is still whining about everybody on this thread, lmaoooo. Swerve jare!

15 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:04am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
What is the low esteem there?you just sounded like a total feminist and like a woman that will never be submissive to any man,knowing your grandmother and mother did same to their husbands..as christians,we all know that the bible also talked about women been submissive to husbands.i don't know the point you are trying to prove..stop discouraging other women out there.most men are what you women made of them...it's you that really need to be reoroentations on how to respect and be submissive to men.
one
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

Says the hypocritical fool who was just whining and is still whining about everybody on this thread, lmaoooo. Swerve jare!
Still emotional...not one statement without insults...tut tut tut....

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2019
luminouz:

Men are as emotional as women.
The word emotion is not a weakness but a human attribute that does not make it bad.
You lots are quick to use that word when a woman brings an argument. Like as if sentiments are not emotions and your first comment was not sentimental to the topic in support of your fellow men. Is that post of yours not emotional?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.
The african society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.
I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".
A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.
They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.
They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.
I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past.Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.
they will come for you. Here to read comments

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2019
luminouz:

Still emotional...not one statement without insults...tut tut tut....
Insults is not the only basis of emotions mr man. cheesy grin
Blindly stating that you know the personal lives of the commenters in your earlier post reeks of emotions because that is not true but what you want to believe tongue

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 9:07am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Blindly stating that you know the personal lives of the commenters in your earlier post reeks of emotions because that is not true but what you want to believe tongue
K

10 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
men dis men dat...na u're sighing...u go submit to preeq but u no go submit to pesin wey carry am..u try.
So irrational bring valid points next time.
The topic is not on sexuality thank you.

16 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 9:08am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Men are as emotional as women.
The word emotion is not a weakness but a human attribute that does not make or bad.
You lots are quick to use that word when a woman brings an argument. Like as if sentiments are not emotions and your first comment was not sentimental to the topic in support of your fellow men. Is that post of yours not emotional?
K

9 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:09am On Jun 08, 2019
luminouz:

K
Always Kinng grin

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by luminouz(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Always Kinng grin
K!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Korllami007: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

But women have a right to education, to vote and be voted for, to acquire property etc so what da hell are you saying or is it that you have no idea on what equal rights mean

So, who is depriving you of that? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

As in, the fact that he doesn't seem to know he is the emotional one here grin

Just look at him getting high blood pressure, typing furiously "She wants traffic and attention,stop giving her that! undecided"

16 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2019
fieryy:

As in, the fact that he doesn't seem to know he is the emotional one here grin

Just look at him getting high blood pressure, typing furiously "She wants traffic and attention,stop giving her that! undecided"
Lol grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:17am On Jun 08, 2019
Korllami007:

So, who is depriving you of that? undecided
No one.
I quoted the guy who said there was nothing like equal right so instead channel your mention to him angry

7 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2019
I suppose you mean Romance section men, the ones who will never be caught dead in any intellectual discourse outside this section.

They are all suffering from low IQ.

No matter how dumb they are, they are very lucky to be considered more logical than any and every woman, by virtue of owning a dick.

Do not take these alfa males too seriously. If they had any reasonable thing going on for themselves, that is what they will be flaunting...not their pseudo-alfa status.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

ofcourse women have rights to all these you mentioned.

But does the equal rights ends there? You know what equal rights is don’t you? Rights to everything and all things.

Until women starts approaching men on the streets, woo men and end up proposing to and paying a man’s dowry. That’s only when I will take your course or whoever is in this course serious.

You don’t agitate for equal rights that’s only of interest to you and leave the vital ones.

17 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Nobody: 9:20am On Jun 08, 2019
Una de mad.
Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:21am On Jun 08, 2019
stupidity:
ofcourse women have rights to all these you mentioned.

But does the equal rights ends there? You know what equal rights is don’t you? Rights to everything and all things.

Until women starts approaching men on the streets, woo men and end up proposing to and paying a man’s dowry. That’s only when I will take your course or whoever is in this course serious.

You don’t agitate for equal rights that’s only of interest to you and leave the vital ones.
Equal rights is for everybody and tavours everybody.
And yes women can approach men even you who wants to take it serious when a lady approaches you in ypur mentaloty you would shame her, call her cheap and desperate or do you not read comments like that on this forum? So toasting is a vital issue undecided

8 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:22am On Jun 08, 2019
AntiBrutus:
I suppose you mean Romance section men, the ones who will never be caught dead in any intellectual discourse outside this section.

They are all suffering from low IQ.

No matter how dumb they are, they are very lucky to be considered more logical than any and every woman, by virtue of owning a dick.

Do not take these alfa males too seriously. If they had any reasonable thing going on for themselves, that is what they will be flaunting...not their pseudo-alfa status.
Pocopoca always on point.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Korllami007: 9:27am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

No one.
I quoted the guy who said there was nothing like equal right so instead channel your mention to him angry

Maybe he meant equal participation because what a man can do in some certain areas of life, a woman will chicken out of it.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Deepfeel(m): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:
I am writing this based on some of the comments I read on this forum by males as regards female issues.
The african society focuses on training females more than males. They teach girls how to be good wives and mothers and they forget to train our boys on how to be good husbands and fathers.
I believe the average Nigerian man (some) are insecure, have low self esteem and lack self confidence hence why they derive pleasure in insulting women. Sometimes I wonder who raised these boys that they believe their manhood is validated by a woman subjecting herself to him and allowing him be the alpha and omega of her life. That is why a lot of them are obsessed with the word "submission", "captain" and "head of the house title".
A man with confidence, high self esteem would not be obsessed in wanting to control a full grown woman in 2019 who basically has the same rights as he does.
It is insecurity, lack of self esteem and self confidence that makes a man feel intimidated by a sucessful and independent woman.It is due to lack of self esteem that they want to feel on top or over a woman.
They believe their gender or sex makes them lord over every woman. They are obsessed with authority, power and do not know how to be leaders.
They feel it is okay to slut shame sucessful women call ladies despicable names and you wonder if these men have sisters or mothers.
They feel it is okay to lord over a full grown adult and that such adult(women) cannot be a partner but a subordinate.

I believe some of these men raised in Nigeria have personal issues that they need to deal with on their own before bringing an unfortunate woman to share in such misery and clean up their mess.
I blame society's double standard that fails to hold men accountable as much as women are held accountable maybe then this self entitlement mentality, the view of women as commodities and superiority complex would be a thing of the past.Our men need exposure and enlightenment. I hope we raise better boys to become good men in the future and not just women alone.
Nigerian women do they have high self-esteem?

9 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:28am On Jun 08, 2019
Korllami007:

Maybe he meant equal participation because what a man can do in some certain areas of life, a woman will chicken out of it.
Is that so? cheesy cheesy
Tell me more.

2 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:30am On Jun 08, 2019
Deepfeel:

Nigerian women do they have high self-esteem?
That one is a topic for another day the focus in on men.
Maybe women have high self esteem because they are well trained than boys.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by Korllami007: 9:30am On Jun 08, 2019
AmazonTopaz:

Is that so? cheesy cheesy
Tell me more.

Okay. Let start from here. Can you change a tire of a car?

Can you dig a well or a suck away?

12 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by bukatyne(f): 9:34am On Jun 08, 2019
donbachi:
What is the low esteem there?you just sounded like a total feminist and like a woman that will never be submissive to any man,knowing your grandmother and mother did same to their husbands..as christians,we all know that the bible also talked about women been submissive to husbands.i don't know the point you are trying to prove..stop discouraging other women out there.most men are what you women made of them...it's you that really need to be reoroentations on how to respect and be submissive to men.

Same Bible talks about a husband loving his wife.

3 Likes

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by AmazonTopaz(f): 9:37am On Jun 08, 2019
Korllami007:

Okay. Let start from here. Can you change a tire of a car?

Can you dig a well or a suck away?
To be honest no.
That is not my field or something I do on a regular.
Like the generator or light bulb.I do those because I have need for it.
Because I don't do it does not mean others ladies cannot do it if they want to.
I have alady friend mechanic.I also have a woman who also changes tyres.
If I put interest I can do it same with other ladies.
The problem is our society would laugh or discourage such women and call them tomboys.
It depends on the environment such woman grows in in order to go against such stereotypes that such works are male only.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion by donbachi(m): 9:38am On Jun 08, 2019
bukatyne:

Same Bible talks about a husband loving his wife.
discussion 4 another day...or bring it up as a thread..how 2day market?hope sey u sell d rice and beans finish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo / What Is Wrong With This Photo? / My Wife Had A Son For Another Man, What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.