Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440920 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Alutaprophet(m): 9:26pm On Jun 27, 2019
Congrats, but is it priority or normal process?

Congrats, but is it priority service or normal service?

Siberry:
I picked up my passport today after three weeks of biometric.

I was almost sure I wasn't gonna get my visa, because I made an unpardonable mistake on my application.

I even wrote to them to cancel my application and was told a decision had been reached already.

Was shocked to see visa approved.

THANK GOD! Lessons learnt.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by joyivro: 10:33pm On Jun 27, 2019
Good evening Justwise and all the gurus please can’t seem to get the page please what am I supposed to take for my biometrics please urgent will be going in the morning.
And am I supposed to add sponsors original passport thanks and waiting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 10:54pm On Jun 27, 2019
Monmarri:

Did your brother provided all the documents about his house that his estate agent paid? The ECO need to see that he is the owner of the house with all supporting documents? Is the property genuinely owned by your brother? The ECO is not satisfied with the unexplainable amount, that was the reason he was denied. In his next application he will need to explain that money and give proof that the property is owned by him. Since your brother do collect house rent and if he is the real owner of the property, in his next application let him state that he has another source of income that comes in his account yearly and provide all documents.

Thanks. He is the real owner of the property. He provided the land sale agreement between him and the vendor signed by his lawyer, survey of the land and the tenancy agreement between him and those living in that house also signed by his estate agent. He also stated in the application form that he has another source of income which is INVESTMENT. And he stated in the additional information page in the form that he got rent from his property and it was paid into his account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 10:59pm On Jun 27, 2019
Monmarri:

For next application tell your brother to print out all statements of account and scan please. And the statement of account must be signed by the bank. Was the statement submitted as pdf with the code? Was the statement of account stamped and signed? U need to check pls.

What he was given from Access Bank is just a sheet of paper with the code that the ECO will enter to access the statement. He wasn't given the HARDCOPY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT. The bank said the ECO will use that code to download the bank statement himself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 11:06pm On Jun 27, 2019
Innopre983:

What he was given from Access Bank is just a sheet of paper with the code that the ECO will enter to access the statement. He wasn't given the HARDCOPY STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT. The bank said the ECO will use that code to download the bank statement himself.

Please next application let y bros collect hard copy duly stamped and signed by the bank. Some of this ECO might have no time using code to check soft copy.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by joyivro: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2019
joyivro:
Good evening Justwise and all the gurus please can’t seem to get the page please what am I supposed to take for my biometrics please urgent will be going in the morning.
joyivro:
And please is it when I get there I’m supposed to tick my checklist.
And I heard no more passport photographs abi?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 11:15pm On Jun 27, 2019
Monmarri:

Please next application let y bros collect hard copy duly stamped and signed by the bank. Some of this ECO might have no time using code to check soft copy.
Thanks. Noted. God bless you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 11:16pm On Jun 27, 2019
Thank you so much for your help on this platform.

Please, I intend to travel to the UK with my mother. My mother has been issued a Visa already but I am yet to apply because of the delay in receiving my passport. Now my passport has been issued.

My question is that I want to state that I will spend 2 weeks in the UK based on the recommendation of other users on this platform for an applicant that has not been issued a visa before but my concern is that my mother stated that she intends to spend 3 weeks and will be travelling with me when she applied for her visa.
Now I am concerned that the ECO will wonder why we are both travelling together but we are returning back to Nigeria on separate dates.

Please is it safe to state the 3 weeks to correspond with my mother's application?

Thank you in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2019

Please, I intend to travel to the UK with my mother. My mother has been issued a Visa already but I am yet to apply because of the delay in receiving my passport. Now my passport has been issued.

My question is that I want to state that I will spend 2 weeks in the UK based on the recommendation of other users on this platform for an applicant that has not been issued a visa before but my concern is that my mother stated that she intends to spend 3 weeks and will be travelling with me when she applied for her visa.
Now I am concerned that the ECO will wonder why we are both travelling together but we are returning back to Nigeria on separate dates.

Please is it safe to state the 3 weeks to correspond with my mother's application?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 11:49pm On Jun 27, 2019
Yes it is ok to state 3 weeks, there is no rule that says first time applicants can only go for 2 weeks. Are you sponsoring your trip yourself? Bear in mind that the visa officer will take into account your personal circumstances, so ensure that the cost of your trip is proportionate to your salary, it will not look good if you're spending more than 3x your salary on a trip.

Mashaunola:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NanaOne1: 12:18am On Jun 28, 2019
Hello house,

During my previous visa application I stated that I will travel on 19th August 2016 but the decision making process delayed so I received my passport with visa on 15th August 2016 which made me postpone my travel to October 2016. I still spent the same two weeks I stated on my application.

I want to know if this will be an issue in my current application?

Kindly share your thoughts

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 2:32am On Jun 28, 2019
Innopre983:

Thanks. He is the real owner of the property. He provided the land sale agreement between him and the vendor signed by his lawyer, survey of the land and the tenancy agreement between him and those living in that house also signed by his estate agent. He also stated in the application form that he has another source of income which is INVESTMENT. And he stated in the additional information page in the form that he got rent from his property and it was paid into his account.

My dear it is well. If he provided all these and the ECO still denied him, there is something that the ECO is not satisfied with. Probably the huge logment of money suddenly to make his account big. The ECO might have seen something in his statement of account, that makes him not to be satisfied. May be the credit and debit entries in his account bf the logment is not really flowing in well, the money in his account before the logment is not big. The ECO study very well the account and see how the main salary you stated flows. If from January, the amount in his account is 250k for salary, he withdraw it out immediately, the account is empty, with no inflow of little money or saving. Then Feb he received another salary and withdraw all, no saving. Then towards the time of submission, logement just enter inside. So it makes the ECO not to be satisfied with his personal and financial circumstances. So he can't even afford to travel with his salary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 3:30am On Jun 28, 2019
THANK YOU , i printed my 6months statement today , i realised my opening balance is low , cos before december , ive been transfering fund into my other account, is it advisable i print from october to june 2019(diamond) ,,den support with bank stament from uba showing that d money was actually transferred from my salary account to the other one ?
giselle237:
since you are not yet married, show proof that your immediate family is in Nigeria and would be in nigeria during the period of your travel amd as such can not abandon your family to go and live in the uk. Proofs could include birth certificates of siblings, work id or student ids of siblings to show they are present in Nigeria, pictures and any documentation to show your family ties and the bond you share.
If you have any properties, a car perhaps attach the documentation too.
You only talked about not been married, if you have a child your child can also serve as tie whilst you submit all birth records, photographs, school fees receipts and any evidence to solidify that the child will be in nigeria with the grannies while u undertake ur trip

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nomad26: 6:06am On Jun 28, 2019
That shouldn't cause any problem In your next application as you didn't overstay. No need to worry.
NanaOne1:
Hello house,

During my previous visa application I stated that I will travel on 19th August 2016 but the decision making process delayed so I received my passport with visa on 15th August 2016 which made me postpone my travel to October 2016. I still spent the same two weeks I stated on my application.

I want to know if this will be an issue in my current application?

Kindly share your thoughts

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Innopre983: 6:57am On Jun 28, 2019
Monmarri:

My dear it is well. If he provided all these and the ECO still denied him, there is something that the ECO is not satisfied with. Probably the huge logment of money suddenly to make his account big. The ECO might have seen something in his statement of account, that makes him not to be satisfied. May be the credit and debit entries in his account bf the logment is not really flowing in well, the money in his account before the logment is not big. The ECO study very well the account and see how the main salary you stated flows. If from January, the amount in his account is 250k for salary, he withdraw it out immediately, the account is empty, with no inflow of little money or saving. Then Feb he received another salary and withdraw all, no saving. Then towards the time of submission, logement just enter inside. So it makes the ECO not to be satisfied with his personal and financial circumstances. So he can't even afford to travel with his salary.

Okay. Thank you. Only his salary do enter that account. He doesn't pay any other money into the account apart from the rent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Siberry: 8:10am On Jun 28, 2019
Alutaprophet:
Congrats, but is it priority or normal process?

Congrats, but is it priority service or normal service?

Normal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2019
joyivro:

Sorry that I did not reply this on time, Travelling around EU since early this week so my internet connection has been off and on, if you still need an answer let me know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mashaunola: 9:34am On Jun 28, 2019
nomad26:
Yes it is ok to state 3 weeks, there is no rule that says first time applicants can only go for 2 weeks. Are you sponsoring your trip yourself? Bear in mind that the visa officer will take into account your personal circumstances, so ensure that the cost of your trip is proportionate to your salary, it will not look good if you're spending more than 3x your salary on a trip.

Thank you sir.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Lee310: 12:42pm On Jun 28, 2019
Good day house...

I just collected my passport with 2 years visa.

Timeline...
Submitted - 10th of June 2019
Transferred - 10th of June 2019
Decision made - 25th of June 2019
Pick up email - 27th of June 2019

Note - My travel date on my application was August so my visa start counting end of July

I picked up today.

Thank you all.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2019
Lee310:
Good day house...

Timeline...

Note - My travel date on my application was August so my visa start counting end of July

I picked up today.

Thank you all.

Congrats! I'm next to give this testimony
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hi guys in the house , Please I would like to apply for a Uk visa anytime from now , but from what I have been reading on this post account seems to be very important , but I just got a job a while ago in a networking company and I earn 400k , and I also have a thrift that I collect 70k montly, now I still live with my mother so I don't really run a certain expense in my account , so I am thinking of setting up my account properly now , I am thinking of starting from July, I am going to start with an opening balance of about 2.5 million Naira , pls what amount do you think is okay as expenses monthly and how do you think I should go about it , also out of the 70k monthly thrift that I get I usually send out 45k immediately or on the same day again for the thrift to earn 70k at the end of the month , please guys all is just need is some good advice no matter how cruel or bitter it sounds , I just want to learn , I also have a decent travel history
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Seeyat: 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2019
saintobi009:
Hi guys in the house , Please I would like to apply for a Uk visa anytime from now , but from what I have been reading on this post account seems to be very important , but I just got a job a while ago in a networking company and I earn 400k , and I also have a thrift that I collect 70k montly, now I still live with my mother so I don't really run a certain expense in my account , so I am thinking of setting up my account properly now , I am thinking of starting from July, I am going to start with an opening balance of about 2.5 million Naira , pls what amount do you think is okay as expenses monthly and how do you think I should go about it , also out of the 70k monthly thrift that I get I usually send out 45k immediately or on the same day again for the thrift to earn 70k at the end of the month , please guys all is just need is some good advice no matter how cruel or bitter it sounds , I just want to learn , I also have a decent travel history

How much is your monthly expenses?
Does the thrift paid into your salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2019
my monthly expenses is about 150-180k monthly , yes the thrift is paid into my account monthly
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2019
my monthly expenses is about 150-180k monthly , yes the thrift is paid into my account monthly

Seeyat:

How much is your monthly expenses?
Does the thrift paid into your salary account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2019
saintobi009:

You have a good job that you earn 400k every month, which is good. Try to make sure the 400k reflect on your account monthly and matches with the payslips.

For you to set up your account properly you need your account to be active. Balance well your credit and debit entries, especially the credit entries in your account, be more care with the credit entries, especially credit entries of large money which is not part of your monthly income. If you have two sources of income every month let it be what will reflect mostly on your account. Any other credit entries apart from your two sources of income should be noted with dates and explain to the ECO in cover letter . e.g on the 13th of June, credit entry of 50k being money for family use from my mum. If there are other money apart from your two sources of income, write in cover letter explaining to ECO, that apart from your sources of income that you have other credit entries in your account which you need to explain.

For comprehensive account, try to make payment with your ATM at stores, all these also help. Just make you account active. Balance inflow and outflow flow of cash.

U are paid 400k, try to make sure you remove some certain amount of money every month for up keep. D'nt just leave the money there without withdrawing some, so that ECO will not feel that u are not withdrawing and only trying to safe for the trip. Let them not see your account as bin stigin to your self. Try to withdraw money when you get alert.

Since you live with your mum and d'nt have any dependant. Just write No dependant. Calculate how much you spend on your self alone and put the amount there. No body can tell you the amount. The amount u know that you spent every month on yr self write it there for them.

For your thrift explain everything on cover letter with proof.

The opening balance is perfect.

So from all your sources of income after tax you are earning 470k every month.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ebylicious: 3:04pm On Jun 28, 2019
Hacuttie:
Experts in the house, today makes it 60 days after biometrics. No decision mail from UKVI and no update from TLS. Response to mail confirmed the application is with them. Has this happened to anyone before

My dear I follow same lane. Since May 10th.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2019
Thank you very much for this , I already plan to cancel out any credit more than 50k into this account because I have other accounts I can use , so I plan to make this account as straight forward as possible , once I get credited my salary and thrift I don't plan to make debits of more than 20-30k ag once , but what worries me now is I have to be in south africa for a training, will the V.O be convinced that I spent 6 months in South Africa trains while I am still earning my salary ?
Monmarri:

You have a good job that you earn 400k every month, which is good. Try to make sure the 400k reflect on your account monthly and matches with the payslips.

For you to set up your account properly you need your account to be active. Balance well your credit and debit entries, especially the credit entries in your account, be more care with the credit entries, especially credit entries of large money which is not part of your monthly income. If you have two sources of income every month let it be what will reflect mostly on your account. Any other credit entries apart from your two sources of income should be noted with dates and explain to the ECO in cover letter . e.g on the 13th of June, credit entry of 50k being money for family use from my mum. If there are other money apart from your two sources of income, write in cover letter explaining to ECO, that apart from your sources of income that you have other credit entries in your account which you need to explain.

For comprehensive account, try to make payment with your ATM at stores, all these also help. Just make you account active. Balance inflow and outflow flow of cash.

U are paid 400k, try to make sure you remove some certain amount of money every month for up keep. D'nt just leave the money there without withdrawing some, so that ECO will not feel that u are not withdrawing and only trying to safe for the trip. Let them not see your account as bin stigin to your self. Try to withdraw money when you get alert.

Since you live with your mum and d'nt have any dependant. Just write No dependant. Calculate how much you spend on your self alone and put the amount there. No body can tell you the amount. The amount u know that you spent every month on yr self write it there for them.

For your thrift explain everything on cover letter with proof.

The opening balance is perfect.

So from all your sources of income after tax you are earning 470k every month.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Monmarri: 4:13pm On Jun 28, 2019
saintobi009:
Thank you very much for this , I already plan to cancel out any credit more than 50k into this account because I have other accounts I can use , so I plan to make this account as straight forward as possible , once I get credited my salary and thrift I don't plan to make debits of more than 20-30k ag once [/b] but what worries me now is I have to be in south africa for a training, will the V.O be convinced that I spent 6 months in South Africa trains while I am still earning my salary ?[b]

The ECO will only be convinced if you submit all the proof of your six months training in SA. The proof have to be from your office.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Braket: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Restricted: 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2019
Lee310:
Good day house...

Timeline...

I picked up today.

Thank you all.

Congrats bro. Did you use Express or normal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2019
I need urgent help. I can't find the page where I am to upload my document again on TLScontact site..

How do I get back to the page? Please help my appointment is Monday morning and I have to upload them today because it is going to be long distance travel for me.

I have only gotten pre-ordering confirmation and i earlier booked appointment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Consy83: 8:25pm On Jun 28, 2019
Greetings to u all..... I picked up my children's passport yesterday 27 June with 6 months visa
Biometrics:29th May 2019 (age 10, 9 and 6) but mine and husband's own is still not out... Pls wat do we do pls....

Answer

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.