Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (477) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1438807 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by annylove1: 12:09pm On May 10, 2021
Sorry I meant assisted service, its not the issue. If I select self service or add priority then I can checkout but selecting assisted service and choosing only the 11,700 option does not let me check out

dubaiprince:

Not sure it is right to select self service and request for assisted scanning at the same time. They do not match. Self service is for those that wish to upload their documents on the TLS site. I guess this is the issue.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nafitari: 12:25pm On May 10, 2021
I did self-service.
I added proof (letter) that the additional cost for an extra 10 days will also be covered by my sponsor
odugbemiopeyemi:

Please what more info you provided when you are requested for your quarantine plan?

Do you do self service for documents uploaded?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nafitari: 12:27pm On May 10, 2021
I had the same issue. I was only able to checkout when I selected prime time appointment for 8am. That was an additional cost of about 36k
annylove1:
Good day everyone in the house and thanks for your constant contributions. I am having a challenge in booking an appointment on the TLS website, I selected self service and added the 11,700 Naira to my basket but I cannot check out. I noticed I can only check out if I add priority service which I do not want to do. Can someone help pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by annylove1: 12:35pm On May 10, 2021
Thanks for your response
Did you also do self service with the prime time you paid for, I believe that is the only option right now

nafitari:
I had the same issue. I was only able to checkout when I selected prime time appointment for 8am. That was an additional cost of about 36k
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:44pm On May 10, 2021
£44 is ok for it. I got similar as well.
iyaaliyah:
Thank you. U was going to ask you. Tnx.

I got £44 for it, is yours cheaper?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 12:57pm On May 10, 2021
No you are not required to take another after the day2 & day8 test. The price varies from £150-300 pounds. Test to Release varies from £100-150.
bivoprad:
After the 10 days in quarantine, are you still required to do a covid test? If yes, how much is the test.
How much does the Test to Release for international travelers cost?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:00pm On May 10, 2021
Congratulations Nafitari. ��������
nafitari:
Update - I got the visa (first-time applicant)

24th April- Online application.
26th April: Biometrics in Lagos
26th April: Application transferred to DMC
27th April: Application arrived at UK Visa section
28th April: Got a mail from ukhubvisainfo to provide more info on my plan to quarantine.
28th April: Replied the email (extended my travel days by 10 days for quarantine)
5th May: TLScontact - Travel Document Ready for Collection
6th May: Picked up my passport. (6months Visa Issued).

I applied for priority.

Documents Scanned & sent:
Employment Letter
Promotion Letter
Employer Letter of invitation
6months bank statement
Payslips for 6months
Employer 2 months bank statement
screenshots of stamps from travel history
Hotel booking confirmation.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by nafitari: 1:04pm On May 10, 2021
self service + prime time
annylove1:
Thanks for your response
Did you also do self service with the prime time you paid for, I believe that is the only option right now

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Collette23: 1:11pm On May 10, 2021
Cyberknight:

They don't have a phone number.
Please how do we contact them, they take forever to reply mails , I got a mail that my visa was ready on Wednesday 5th of May and today is 10th if May I've still not recieved my passport and I paid for courier , I'm loosing it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 2:15pm On May 10, 2021
annylove1:
Sorry I meant assisted service, its not the issue. If I select self service or add priority then I can checkout but selecting assisted service and choosing only the 11,700 option does not let me check out

Also confirm the day you actually selected is not a day available for only premium. times available for regular appointments are normally white in colour while those shaded grey are for premium appointments.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 2:23pm On May 10, 2021
Hello gurus in the house. Its been over 24 hours that I did my test with express test no result has been sent to my email yet and I travel tomorrow what can I do. I still need to book the one of ncdc. I did my test 12:30 pm yesterday till now no email yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 4:01pm On May 10, 2021
Wales1111:
Hello gurus in the house. Its been over 24 hours that I did my test with express test no result has been sent to my email yet and I travel tomorrow what can I do. I still need to book the one of ncdc. I did my test 12:30 pm yesterday till now no email yet.

Call them
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sanmigbola: 4:22pm On May 10, 2021
pufframmy:
please my company too is should inactive what is the process of getting it change please kind help

Check if your TIN is active.
If not, go to your MSTO(tax office) to activate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bastardson: 4:48pm On May 10, 2021
africandictator:
How does a UK tourist visa work for a Nigerian. I intend to meet with my Mexican American girlfriend. She is scared to visit Nigeria because of the security challenges and is ready to meet in any European country. I would really appreciate any warm suggestions on steps to take on how to get a UK tourist visa for September or any European country that would easily grant a tourist visa to a Nigerian. We both intend to spend between 10-14 days on the trip. Thank you for your contribution
why not do Dubai.. Easier for all parties
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibrocoast: 5:01pm On May 10, 2021
@Mr justwise and the gurus in the house. . A friend was denied a uk visit visa but when he got His passport back, he couldn't find the letter that narrates the ground the visa was denied. Pls shed more light to it pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by opomulero(m): 6:31pm On May 10, 2021
ibrocoast:
@Mr justwise and the gurus in the house. . A friend was denied a uk visit visa but when he got His passport back, he couldn't find the letter that narrates the ground the visa was denied. Pls shed more light to it pls.

Check your email or the junk mail well, UKVI would have sent him visa refusal email
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 7:52pm On May 10, 2021
Hey house please help me..is there a time frame for discussion for a Uk vist visa it been one 5weeks I did my Biometric and I have not hear from them ...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ibrocoast: 8:10pm On May 10, 2021
Download tls track my application on Google play store to check the progress.
NiggaRoy22:
Hey house please help me..is there a time frame for discussion for a Uk vist visa it been one 5weeks I did my Biometric and I have not hear from them ...thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 8:20pm On May 10, 2021
Hi everyone,
Please, I need answers to some questions;
Can phone be used to upload documents for self service? Can the document to be uploaded be in PDF or it must be scanned copy or an hard copy?
After documents are uploaded, is there still need for submission of hardcopy when you go for biometrics?
Can employment letter alone be used without letter from employer?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 9:03pm On May 10, 2021
please the IELTS holding on the 12th @workforce has it been postponed? cos there is pulblic holiday on the 12th. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 10, 2021
Please kindly shed more light on this 2 questions.

Which tax clearance is needed for a self employed person that own a company registered under CAC within a year and some month ? Company tax or personal income tax ? And how to calculate the taxes

Want to use it for Uk visa

wanted to process it tomorrow so we need more enlightment on that .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 9:53pm On May 10, 2021
yes check TIN still active
Sanmigbola:

Check if your TIN is active.
If not, go to your MSTO(tax office) to activate it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Wales1111: 9:53pm On May 10, 2021
Ashirioluwa:

Call them
thanks I have received it and I have booked naija own too. Thanks to all gurus here...Nigeria in a bit.....
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Omokas2: 9:57pm On May 10, 2021
Thank you for your email correspondence of 10 February where you have raised a complaint regarding an administrative review on your application.

I am upholding your complaint.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you on this matter and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We have looked into the points raised in your correspondence and examined the documents you submitted with the application. The only deposits in your Megapraise Microfinance bank account are your salary payments from your self-employment and it does seem that this was overlooked by the decision maker when considering your application.

In the light of this, the Entry Clearance Manager has agreed for the case to be reconsidered by a different decision maker who will be assessing this application from a fresh perspective. A decision should be reached shortly and you will be notified.

Please note that a reconsideration does not guarantee a favourable outcome when considering a case.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and I hope my response clarifies the position.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by emailing us at:

after writing them this was what thy sent me am still waiting for the review
Omokas201539666]
Why don't U write and point out all where the caseworker made error,I was refused January 5 2021,I wrote pointed out all the errors made my the ECO I was granted for the file to be given to another ECO I am still waiting for the outcome according to report I stand at 50/50 chance you can give it a try while U wait for Ur next application

[/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uwosom: 10:07pm On May 10, 2021
I had the same issue. You have to keep selecting the dates, until you find one that allows you to checkout without selecting and paying for any priority service.

annylove1:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chpelu: 11:09pm On May 10, 2021
Omokas2: Pls can u put me through how you able to write to them.
I want to help me with the format you used and the email address I am to send the complaint to. Thanks I would really appreciate your response

Omokas2 post=101565711]Thank you for your email correspondence of 10 February where you have raised a complaint regarding an administrative review on your application.

I am upholding your complaint.

Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you on this matter and for the inconvenience this has caused.

We have looked into the points raised in your correspondence and examined the documents you submitted with the application. The only deposits in your Megapraise Microfinance bank account are your salary payments from your self-employment and it does seem that this was overlooked by the decision maker when considering your application.

In the light of this, the Entry Clearance Manager has agreed for the case to be reconsidered by a different decision maker who will be assessing this application from a fresh perspective. A decision should be reached shortly and you will be notified.

Please note that a reconsideration does not guarantee a favourable outcome when considering a case.

Thank you for your patience with this matter and I hope my response clarifies the position.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However, if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by emailing us at:

after writing them this was what thy sent me am still waiting for the review
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:06am On May 11, 2021
bivoprad:
Hi everyone,
Please, I need answers to some questions;
Can phone be used to upload documents for self service? Can the document to be uploaded be in PDF or it must be scanned copy or an hard copy?
After documents are uploaded, is there still need for submission of hardcopy when you go for biometrics?
Can employment letter alone be used without letter from employer?
Thanks in anticipation

U can use your phone to upload either pdf or scan copy, choice is yours- just make sure there is an upload
If u can successfully upload all documents and when u are done, click submit only at this time. Proceed to print off the confirmation that u have uploaded ur documents urself... if these criteria is met then there will be no need to go with hardcopies except intl passport, checklist, confirmation of biometrics booking and printed confirmation

Pls get a letter or introduction or no objection letter from your employer stating who u are, what u do for the company, how long u have been there, how much u earn annually, stating ur travel plans, dates exactly, when u are expected back from the trip and confirming tht they have no objection to u embarking on the trip. This gives u more grounds.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:07am On May 11, 2021
Captaincool1:
please the IELTS holding on the 12th @workforce has it been postponed? cos there is pulblic holiday on the 12th. Thanks
u need to call or email them as soon as possible. Contact details should be in the email confirmation sent to you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by bivoprad(f): 6:30am On May 11, 2021
Thanks...I really appreciate it
giselle237:

U can use your phone to upload either pdf or scan copy, choice is yours- just make sure there is an upload
If u can successfully upload all documents and when u are done, click submit only at this time. Proceed to print off the confirmation that u have uploaded ur documents urself... if these criteria is met then there will be no need to go with hardcopies except intl passport, checklist, confirmation of biometrics booking and printed confirmation

Pls get a letter or introduction or no objection letter from your employer stating who u are, what u do for the company, how long u have been there, how much u earn annually, stating ur travel plans, dates exactly, when u are expected back from the trip and confirming tht they have no objection to u embarking on the trip. This gives u more grounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 10:28am On May 11, 2021
Plz is there any time frame for a decision to be make for Uk vist visa....it been month I did my bicmatic now and have hear any thing from them ...plz I need hep on what to do next times
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 10:43am On May 11, 2021
Thanks so much sir
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by NiggaRoy22: 10:47am On May 11, 2021
Notin like that on my app store

(1) (2) (3) ... (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) (480) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.