Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,039 members, 7,828,656 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451042 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TopzyBaba(m): 7:58am On Oct 11, 2021
I need summary on how to start processing Visa for my wife that will be going to UK for her Master's early next year
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Teeclassicroyal: 11:23am On Oct 11, 2021
Thanks everyone for the wonderful information and timely intervention as always. God bless.
I wish to know if the 40hour rule that was introduced for international students in the UK during the heat of the corona scourge is still active or not.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tdjeans(m): 12:01pm On Oct 11, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2021
TopzyBaba:
I need summary on how to start processing Visa for my wife that will be going to UK for her Master's early next year
check the tier 4 student’s thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
irabs4567:
hello nairalanders ,
i am new on here, i plan on relocating to uk , but my fear is going through agent consultant that would con me of my money , please sir/ma i need best advice and how to go from here, i did like to know what it will cost me and what i should apply for, please i need your candid advice on this , thank you ,
dnt fall into traps. Alot of scammers pry this thread. To relocate to the uk, either through tier 1, tier 2, tier 4 or tier 5. Google on any of this and check the relevant threads with same title eg tier 2 for more information.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Topnotch10: 3:08pm On Oct 11, 2021
Greetings everyone,
Please I would like to know if it’s compulsory to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate when applying for a visitor’s Visa as a Self employed/Business owner. I have invoices/receipts to back up every transaction on my Corporate and personal accounts, so I would like to confirm the importance of the Tax certificate as I have just 2weeks to apply for my visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mummywifey: 3:38pm On Oct 11, 2021
Topnotch10:
Greetings everyone,
Please I would like to know if it’s compulsory to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate when applying for a visitor’s Visa as a Self employed/Business owner. I have invoices/receipts to back up every transaction on my Corporate and personal accounts, so I would like to confirm the importance of the Tax certificate as I have just 2weeks to apply for my visa.

It's not compulsory, I know people who got their visas without that .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
Topnotch10:
Greetings everyone,
If you have it include it as it is important and shows good character but is not a guarantee you would be approved either.A few people may have not submitted and got theirs but remember every application is a case by case basis ie they submitted a substitute document which you do not have.
Good luck in your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TopzyBaba(m): 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2021
giselle237:
check the tier 4 student’s thread

Thank you so much. Will do that ASAP
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amakapritty(f): 6:42pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pls has anyone gotten a France transit Visa of late,where u able to use it,because I heard they refused to let ppl with transit board with klm airline?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ogidigan1: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2021
Pls check the UK student visa thread.
TopzyBaba:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiall: 11:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
Amakapritty:
Pls has anyone gotten a France transit Visa of late,where u able to use it,because I heard they refused to let ppl with transit board with klm airline?

This is not true my dear. I know people who travelled to the UK using KLM with a transit visa granted by France �� embassy.

Please enjoy your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Adeolubunmi: 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2021
Hello everyone.
The norm for visit visa is that there's no right of appeal. In my case however, there was a clear error in arriving at the refusal decision. A different bank account was stated and evaluated. I didn't submit a zenith statement and I do not have such balance in the statement I submitted. Please has anyone experienced this and/or anyone knows the steps I can take to right this error?

1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Richyfloww: 1:53am On Oct 12, 2021
Goodmorning house, I don't know what to do any more; I got a mail about a month ago that my uk visa application was successful, that I will hear from tsl on how to collect my documents. i.e I should not contact my visa application center until I'm told to do so. Since about a month now, I have not hear or gotten any mail on how to get my passport and visa. I'm getting really tired and confused. Does any one have an idea on how to go about it??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Richyfloww: 2:32am On Oct 12, 2021
Hi guys, please help. I don't know what to do any more; I got a mail about a month ago that my uk visa application was successful, that I will hear from tsl on how to collect my documents. i.e I should not contact my visa application center until I'm told to do so. Since about a month now, I have not hear or gotten any mail on how to get my passport and visa. I'm getting really tired and confused. Does any one have an idea on how to go about it??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amakapritty(f): 3:16am On Oct 12, 2021
Chiall:

This is not true my dear. I know people who travelled to the UK using KLM with a transit visa granted by France �� embassy.

Please enjoy your trip.

Tnkx alot for this reply,m greatful,pls when did this ppl travel because the person said it happened last week
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiall: 5:55am On Oct 12, 2021
Amakapritty:

Tnkx alot for this reply,m greatful,pls when did this ppl travel because the person said it happened last week

They travelled last week Wednesday. Maybe the case that was refused boarding might be a specific one. Right from time, France consulate in Nigeria issues visas on behalf of the Netherlands, not just transit visas. But for you to confirm my report you can call the KLM Nigeria number to speak with them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by onibokun10(m): 6:19am On Oct 12, 2021
Hi friends. I am a computer science graduate (2018) but my full time hustle revolves around finances so I started ICAN, still at the foundational level tho. Now I got admission to UK for business analytics. BA comprise of Computer science and finance(business). Pls which of ICAN or Computer science professional courses should I priotize for ease of getting jobs ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Amakapritty(f): 7:31am On Oct 12, 2021
Chiall:

They travelled last week Wednesday. Maybe the case that was refused boarding might be a specific one. Right from time, France consulate in Nigeria issues visas on behalf of the Netherlands, not just transit visas. But for you to confirm my report you can call the KLM Nigeria number to speak with them.

Owk,tnkx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by prettybimbim: 9:05am On Oct 12, 2021
tdjeans:
Hi, please has anyone who had their biometrics for a Visitor's Visa (non-priority) done between 6th and 10th of September gotten a decision yet?

Im also looking for answers cos my application is in its 16th day , yet not email for collection...Anyone in the same boat?Are they having delays in processing application now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by esdajo: 11:34am On Oct 12, 2021
I also did my submission and biometrics on September 6 but I am yet to hear from them as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 11:51am On Oct 12, 2021
That of my family is since 31st of August and they only escalated for another 15 working days, the last time I sent a paid mail.

It's either you send a paid mail, call or relax.

esdajo:
I also did my submission and biometrics on September 6 but I am yet to hear from them as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Senatornuella: 12:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hi everyone,

It is that time where you want to apply for a visa and your heart begins to do many summersaults. This is my first time on this thread, though I v used other segments of Nairaland and got good results. I v also done some reading backwards and I just like to present my case and get advice from gurus here.

I am a lawyer, and a certified arbitrator. I work with the government and my salary is about 163k after tax. I do several cooperative savings and about 39k goes to 1, 33k to another and 10k to the last. I pay for insurance from my salary, I also contribute to my pension scheme. After all these deductions what finally hits my account is N69k monthly. Thereafter, after I pay tithe, I send 50k to a thrift saving I am also involved in�. (Please don't tire for me o). That is how my salary Waka every month. On the other side I am a home baker/caterer/event manager, I make beautiful cakes, pastries and tasty meals. I am also professionally trained nationally and internationally. (Although my international tutors met me half way in Ghana, but my certificate read that one from France and the other from Brisbane). I v attended about 4 big cake training institution here in Nigeria. How did you do it? Everytime I am on leave I attend a crash training program ��‍♀️. I am married with 4 children. The 3 last children I had in the US. I have traveled to Dubai (severally) Ghana (once for my training) and USA (twice to have my babies. I used 1medical visa to birth 3babies, last ones are twins). I never stayed more than the duration of stay given to me. I applied for US visa thereafter cos I wanted to attend another cake training and was denied visa reason said was that I didn't get the hospital zero bal statement, just a letter showing that we had paid our bills fully and that was not sufficient proof that we fully paid our bills. After my refusal I searched for another training in Dubai, I had paid for everything only for Corona virus to strike. I put everything on hold and when it seemed like coast was clear, I revalidated my ticket, did another visa and that was the time Emirate and Nigeria decided to fight, tsek. I want to visit the UK and use the opportunity to attend a 5day cake training again� (wetin lawyer dey find for inside cake).

Now apart from my salary account, I have another personal account where I run my business with. I have not registered my business cos of course I am lawyer working with the govt, if you get my drift. My business inflow and out flow in a month is over a million naira. I also coordinates contributions (osusu) this helps business people get liquid funds to plunge into their business and those saving to save and I use my personal/business account for it. I can sponsor myself for the trip, and my husband can but I intend to state that he is the one sponsoring me.

My question is this
1. As a civil servant, will I need tax clearance
2. Will I need to also show husband's tax clearance cos I didn't see people putting tax clearance as part of the documents attached
3. Will my US Visa refusal hinder the success of getting UK visa
4. The intended course is in Nov/Dec anyone I choose, should I state that I will be attending the training or I simply just say I intent to visit.
5. I do not pay myself any salary from my business oo, you know I make cake, I buy materials, I spend money from there also knowing that I should not eat up all my money. Simply put, my business doesn't have that organised structure yet. I intend to resign someday when I have finally gathered the mind and stopped being afraid to move out of my comfort zone, resign and open up my cake studio and academy, what I am doing is building myself up and building up my profile.
6. I was refused UK visa in 2012 cos then I didn't have all these ties even though I wasn't planning to run away then.
7. I have been married for 6years now, my passport is still in my maiden name. Been using it like that to travel

Please in light of the fact stated above, kindly advise me on how to go about my application. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cfcchick: 12:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
owenjegede:
That of my family is since 31st of August and they only escalated for another 15 working days, the last time I sent a paid mail.

It's either you send a paid mail, call or relax.

My husband since 5th of August, sent paid email and it's the same escalated email we've been getting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 12:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
You can go to TLS to check if your passport is there.
Richyfloww:
Hi guys, please help. I don't know what to do any more; I got a mail about a month ago that my uk visa application was successful, that I will hear from tsl on how to collect my documents. i.e I should not contact my visa application center until I'm told to do so. Since about a month now, I have not hear or gotten any mail on how to get my passport and visa. I'm getting really tired and confused. Does any one have an idea on how to go about it??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by owenjegede: 3:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
Na wa o.
Is this the first time your husband is applying?

cfcchick:

My husband since 5th of August, sent paid email and it's the same escalated email we've been getting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cfcchick: 5:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
owenjegede:
Na wa o.
Is this the first time your husband is applying?

No...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Theonlywan: 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
People of God
Please who knows any approved COVID-19 test center in ikeja with minimal result outcome. (Less than 24 hours)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kajolplus: 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
Theonlywan:
People of God
Please who knows any approved COVID-19 test center in ikeja with minimal result outcome. (Less than 24 hours)

1. Synlab Laboratory
2. Afriglobal Laboratory
3. Medbury Laboratory
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
Volunteer(s) needed to do a write up about the information needed for a standard visitor visa in order to start the 5th part of this thread.
It will be on the front page of the part 5 so ppl can go and read the information before asking million things smiley
Pls indicate. Thank you for your great help in advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Iffylove: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hello everyone
Please I want to ask how much does visit visa application cost
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Theonlywan:
People of God

Are you not vaccinated? If you are you don't need pre departure covid19 test

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.