Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,889 members, 7,828,146 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (600) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1450767 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:13pm On Oct 07, 2021
Shalewab:

Good evening everyone.I have been following this thread and I must say you guys have been a blessing to many people, thank you very much and God bless.please I need advice
My sister wants to apply for a Uk visit visa and she is self employed(fashion designer) and a freelance architect however she has to stop paying herself salary for a while due to Covid as she laid some of her tailors off and needed some restructuring for her business until three months ago when she resumed paying herself salary. she pays herself a salary of 200,000 which she resumed back in July this year and she also gets about 1.5mil yearly from her freelance jobs.she is worried and wondering if she can go ahead with the application and explain that she had to stop paying herself salary because of Covid and also if she can state that she will be traveling with her sister who already has a Uk visa.she will be using her business and personal account to sponsor the trip.Thank you very much for your responses in advance as it will be highly appreciated,God bless.
too many complications.. dnt prepare yourself for refusal
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalewab: 9:19pm On Oct 07, 2021
giselle237:
@giselle237 thank you very much.pls what do you advice?thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askhr: 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tutu82:

Then he needs to apply as spouse which is straight forward.All he needs to do is to prove they have been in a relationship for more than 2 years and lived together plus their finances are sufficient.Plus proof that she is British and they are married.
Invest in a bit of research as everything is online and transparent.

I don't think you actually read my comments, off course they know about spouse visa, earning 18,600, 6monthts payslipsnetc.
mrs John is expat and has been in and out of the UK for the last 15 yrs.

could anyone else give some input, please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:52am On Oct 08, 2021
askhr:
I don't think you actually read my comments, off course they know about spouse visa, earning 18,600, 6monthts payslipsnetc.
she has told u all. The visit visa in a nutshell does not make sense. Mr john you can continue to see her in Nigeria as she frequents nigeria accrding to your story. You are a potential overstayer and a visit visa will likely not be granted. Look onto other more permanent visa types.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalewab: 6:31am On Oct 08, 2021
giselle237:
Please I still need advice on this, thank you all.can I also add that her business is doing very well with a good account balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2021
askhr:

I did read your entire write up actually but,ild still tender my apologies as i was only laying out the easier route for “Mr John”.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by alert20: 9:28am On Oct 08, 2021
Tutu82:

I did read your entire write up actually but,ild still tender my apologies as i was only laying out the easier route for “Mr John”.

I was expecting a harsh response from you like some people do on a faceless forum like this, but you prove me wrong.... I would like to thank you and other gurus here who have been given us straight forward advice in here.... God bless you and please don't relent I beg you cos people will still ask questions you have already answered in the past ✌️✌️✌️
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijebubabe(f): 9:33am On Oct 08, 2021
hello everyone

i want to invite a family member to visit me in the UK and she will be applying using my UK bank statements.

do i have to have these statements stamped and signed by the likes of Barclays bank, etc or can I use bank statements downloaded from my online bank account? thanks

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalewab: 9:45am On Oct 08, 2021
giselle237:
@Tutu82 and other gurus,please kindly help advice,thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2021
ijebubabe:
helloeveryone
i want to invite a family member to visit me in the UK and she will be applying using my UK bank statements.do i have to have these statements stamped and signed by the likes of Barclays bank, etc or can I use bank statements downloaded from my online bank account? thanks
downloaded statement is fine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by djbaju(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Good morning house, how do I fill a locator form where I was asked to input my flight seat number but I didn’t book a seat while paying for the ticket.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vindica: 11:21am On Oct 08, 2021
Good morning house,

My Occupation is listed on Skilled Worker Visa shortage Occupations( Day and Domiciliary care managers).

Do I need to get a job before applying for Visa?

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2021
alert20:

I was expecting a harsh response from you like some people do on a faceless forum like this, but you prove me wrong.... I would like to thank you and other gurus here who have been given us straight forward advice in here.... God bless you and please don't relent I beg you cos people will still ask questions you have already answered in the past ✌️✌️✌️
I was not brought up to be rude,so no you would never get a harsh response from me.
If anyone ever has a question and i have an idea about it am happy to advise.Cheers.

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ashirioluwa: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2021
Nigeria will be added to this list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
Vindica:
Good morning house,

My Occupation is listed on Skilled Worker Visa shortage Occupations( Day and Domiciliary care managers).

Do I need to get a job before applying for Visa?

Thank you.
You would need to have a Job offer from a company that has a sponsorship licence before applying for visa.Make sure the visa cap does not affect your industry though nurses and Doctors are exempt.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Mammy33: 1:43pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hello, good afternoon all.
Please how does my uk sponsor need in his account to apply for defendant visa for me and my little daughter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vindica: 3:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
Tutu82:

You would need to have a Job offer from a company that has a sponsorship licence before applying for visa.Make sure the visa cap does not affect your industry though nurses and Doctors are exempt.

Thank you madam Tutu82, please what do you mean by Visa cap?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
Vindica:

Thank you madam Tutu82, please what do you mean by Visa cap?
Visa cap means for example i need 10 engineers so when the 11th applies i do not take them.
Pressure was put on the prime in 2018 and the visa cap was scrapped in principle but for some certain occupations when they have reached what is required,you find you apply and everything is correct but you get a denial.
Based on 2021 list your occupation code is 1242 and i do not see any visa cap.
You can comb websites like total jobs.com,indeed.com,Reed.co.uk and homecare.co.uk and careersmart.org.Uk for job offers.
Any Job advertising payment first or your bank details is a scam so be careful.I hope this helps and i wish you best of Luck.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
Adeolaspencer19:
Visa Alert!!!!

Biometrics Aug 24
Visa type - visit visa
Standard

On the 27th of august I got a mail my visa has arrived visit visa department and they will answer me within 15 working days .. I was excited and thought they will answer me faster . On the 13 of September which was travel date I got worried and sent a mail they replied two days after that my application is under process I say wahala o . Two days after I called say make I hear from them straight to straight o , they picked and the lady that picked said there’s delay cos it’s their peak period and after two days I got a mail they have been considerable progress on my case I say hmm okay. I was praying and hoping I got sick that week and that helped take my mind off it… then September 27 I got a mail for tls I started dancing without even caring what the decision might be o . The next day which I’m sure dhl will delivered I started getting sad �saying wahala o .
Long story short got my parcel and before I opened I prayed . God did it .

Document submitted
Pay slip
Employment letter
Promotion letter
Cover letter explaining I want to come to their country to rest and visit exciting opened place that that take covid precautions
I explained my inflows as I’m always moving money from my students account which is were they pay my salary to my savings account .

I wish others the very best .
Can’t scroll up to proof read kindly pardon any grammatical error Biko

Kindly check your mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
Hello everyone,
Someone that can should please assist provide these calcifications.

1. My brother is having challenges with online booking for TB test with IOM in Ikeja. Will it affect his application if he applies without TB certificate?

2. What exam should he take as proof of English proficiency

He is going via skilled worker route and has his CoS. He is supposed to resume by November hence the haste.

Also is there a link to see the documents required for skilled worker route, please share

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Captaincool1(m): 12:41am On Oct 09, 2021
realvip:
Hello everyone,
Someone that can should please assist provide these calcifications.

1. My brother is having challenges with online booking for TB test with IOM in Ikeja. Will it affect his application if he applies without TB certificate?

He is going via skilled worker route and has his CoS. He is supposed to resume by November hence the haste.

Also is there a link to see the documents required for skilled worker route, please share

Thanks

TB is very important, ukvi ielts general is ok. Character report obtained from police headquarters.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 1:33am On Oct 09, 2021
Hi Guys,
Please, I'm applying for UK standard visit visa. My UK Sponsor sent me supporting documents including; Passport (Copy), utility bills, Documents relating to his properties (copies) and Mortgage Statement.

I want to ask, Would these supporting documents help me get the visa without he providing me his bank statement?...Or the Mortgage statement is in replace of the bank statement..?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:49am On Oct 09, 2021
realvip:
Hello everyone,
Someone that can should please assist provide these calcifications.1. My brother is having challenges with online booking for TB test with IOM in Ikeja. Will it affect his application if he applies without TB certificate?

He is going via skilled worker route and has his CoS. He is supposed to resume by November hence the haste.Also is there a link to see the documents required for skilled worker route, please share
1. Do not submit the application without tb certificate. He should send a mail with his payments + explanation to the iom booking email . He will get a date
2. Just so he doesn't end up paying money twice, can he find out from his intending organisation if there’s a particular english test he needs as there are several tht are assessing different things
3. Cos, tb certificate, if the job deals with vulnerable ppl police certificate, english test of required
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:49am On Oct 09, 2021
Kenneth417:
Hi Guys,
Please, I'm applying for UK standard visit visa. My UK Sponsor sent me supporting documents including; Passport (Copy), utility bills, Documents relating to his properties (copies) and Mortgage Statement.

I want to ask, Would these supporting documents help me get the visa without he providing me his bank statement?...Or the Mortgage statement is in replace of the bank statement..?
wht is ur sponsor offering
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:51am On Oct 09, 2021
djbaju:
Good morning house, how do I fill a locator form where I was asked to input my flight seat number but I didn’t book a seat while paying for the ticket.
fill in anything, it is not compulsory

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ellatyra(f): 4:04am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello house, please I have a question,is there anyway one can identify job applications that has sponsorship license ? My sister is currently trying to apply for a farm job in the Uk,she’s mostly using ‘indeed’ website and according to her it’s been quite challenging, & she would like to know if there’s a way she can target jobs willing to sponsor alone…it will really be appreciated if anyone can share more light on this type of application or any information that can aid her application…thank you.
Thank you all for your contributions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Success2011: 7:05am On Oct 09, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:52am On Oct 09, 2021
Kingin007:

Thanks…but does that mean all I’ll get is the refusal mail or letter?
It can either be positive or negative.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DrKhalifa276: 9:17am On Oct 09, 2021
Hello, good morning

Please can anyone help, is there a provision to change the UK address on the TB Test certificate. A wrong address was filled and it was printed on the certificate?

Please help!
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by DrKhalifa276: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2021
Ellatyra:
Hello house, please I have a question,is there anyway one can identify job applications that has sponsorship license ? My sister is currently trying to apply for a farm job in the Uk,she’s mostly using ‘indeed’ website and according to her it’s been quite challenging, & she would like to know if there’s a way she can target jobs willing to sponsor alone…it will really be appreciated if anyone can share more light on this type of application or any information that can aid her application…thank you.
Thank you all for your contributions.

She can check here

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/register-of-licensed-sponsors-workers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 12:08pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hi Guys,
Please, I'm applying for UK standard visit visa. My UK Sponsor sent me supporting documents including; Passport (Copy), utility bills, Documents relating to his properties (copies) and Mortgage Statement.. He's the one paying.

Does the mortgage statement demonstrate funds to cover travel expenses without bank statement?

(1) (2) (3) ... (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.