Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,047 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (601) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1446248 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 1:43pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hello everyone, I’ve visited the uk twice, both on 6 months visa. I want to apply for a visa now, is it advisable to apply for 5 years or should I do 2 years first?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Menakay(m): 2:23pm On Oct 09, 2021
MadameW:
Hello everyone, I’ve visited the uk twice, both on 6 months visa. I want to apply for a visa now, is it advisable to apply for 5 years or should I do 2 years first?
Its advisable, you can apply for 5years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 2:28pm On Oct 09, 2021
DrKhalifa276:
Hello, good morning Please can anyone help, is there a provision to change the UK address on the TB Test certificate. A wrong address was filled and it was printed on the certificate? Please help!
Thank you
correction is 8500.. go back to iom to do it

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 2:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hi Guys,
Please, I'm applying for UK standard visit visa. My UK Sponsor sent me supporting documents including; Passport (Copy), utility bills, Documents relating to his properties (copies) and Mortgage Statement.. He's the one paying.

I want to ask, Would these supporting documents help me get the visa without he providing me his bank statement?...Or the Mortgage statement is in replace of the bank statement..?

Does the mortgage statement demonstrate funds to cover travel expenses without bank statement?..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kenneth417:
Hi Guys,
Please, I'm applying for UK standard visit visa. My UK Sponsor sent me supporting documents including; Passport (Copy), utility bills, Documents relating to his properties (copies) and Mortgage Statement.. He's the one paying.

I want to ask, Would these supporting documents help me get the visa without he providing me his bank statement?...Or the Mortgage statement is in replace of the bank statement..?

Does the mortgage statement demonstrate funds to cover travel expenses without bank statement?
Like giselle237 asked you above what is he offering?.That would determine whether you need his bank statement or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
MadameW:
That depends on your pocket.You are eligible for either.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 09, 2021
Mammy33:
Hello, good afternoon all.
Please how does my uk sponsor need in his account to apply for defendant visa for me and my little daughter?
This link should explain the entire process for you.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa
Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by realvip: 3:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
giselle237:

1. Do not submit the application without tb certificate. He should send a mail with his payments + explanation to the iom booking email . He will get a date
2. Just so he doesn't end up paying money twice, can he find out from his intending organisation if there’s a particular english test he needs as there are several tht are assessing different things
3. Cos, tb certificate, if the job deals with vulnerable ppl police certificate, english test of required
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by TheGreatGod: 4:58pm On Oct 09, 2021
Hello All, I am in the process of filling my visa application and I need your guidance Sir’s.

Please, in my application section on travel history, the UKVI asked the following questions:

1. Have I ever travel to the UK or outside my country of residence in the past 10 years
Please sir’s, I travel to the UK on a student visa in September 2009 and I stay there for 8 years till I return in 2018. So by my calculations is more than 10 years now I travel based on my assumptions. Do I have to fill this travel history as part of the last 10 years the UKVI is asking about.

2. Have you been issued a U.K. visa in the last 10 years.
I was only issued a U.K. in September 2009, which I used to travel to the U.K. and by my assumptions, it is over 10 years now. Do I have to fill all these as part of the 10 years question that the UKVI is asking.

Thank you all and all your support will be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2021
TheGreatGod:
Hello All, I am in the process of filling my visa application and I need your guidance Sir’s.

Please, in my application section on travel history, the UKVI asked the following questions:

1. Have I ever travel to the UK or outside my country of residence in the past 10 years
Please sir’s, I travel to the UK on a student visa in September 2009 and I stay there for 8 years till I return in 2018. So by my calculations is more than 10 years now I travel based on my assumptions. Do I have to fill this travel history as part of the last 10 years the UKVI is asking about.

I was only issued a U.K. in September 2009, which I used to travel to the U.K. and by my assumptions, it is over 10 years now. Do I have to fill all these as part of the 10 years question that the UKVI is asking.

It’s pretty straightforward ,if your visa was issued more than 10years ago that’s pre 2011 then you answer is No.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 6:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
TheGreatGod:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by dubaiprince: 8:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
DrKhalifa276:
Hello, good morning

Please can anyone help, is there a provision to change the UK address on the TB Test certificate. A wrong address was filled and it was printed on the certificate?

Please help!
Thank you

You should be able to change address details. You will be charged 8k or so I think. Call IOM for more details

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2021
Tutu82:

Like giselle237 asked you above what is he offering?.That would determine whether you need his bank statement or not.

He's just inviting me to spend a holiday with him, for Six weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2021
Kenneth417:

He's just inviting me to spend a holiday with him, for Six weeks.
I understand this but you still haven’t said what he is offering to pay for.If he is offering anything more than accommodation he has to provide his bank statements and payslips or P60.
Also Six weeks is a long time to go on holiday especially as it is not summer,are you a student or on some form of sabbatical from work?.
Lastly what is the relationship between you both?.
Best wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ellatyra(f): 10:47pm On Oct 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 11:50pm On Oct 09, 2021
Tutu82:

That depends on your pocket.You are eligible for either.

Thank you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by MadameW: 11:51pm On Oct 09, 2021
Menakay:

Its advisable, you can apply for 5years.

Thanks, I appreciate!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 3:23am On Oct 10, 2021
Tutu82:

I understand this but you still haven’t said what he is offering to pay for.If he is offering anything more than accommodation he has to provide his bank statements and payslips or P60.
Also Six weeks is a long time to go on holiday especially as it is not summer,are you a student or on some form of sabbatical from work?.
Lastly what is the relationship between you both?.
Best wishes.

Oh Okay, He's a family friend and will be offering me an accommodation and trip cost. I am a student, school resumes January 15, 2022..
Should I collect a bank statement from him also, though he's already given me his Mortgage statement, Utility bills, passport and documents relating to his property.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 4:00am On Oct 10, 2021
Also, The mortgage statement Starts from October 2020 to June 2020 and Utility bills (June-August)..
Please, Hope I can still provide these supporting documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 5:37am On Oct 10, 2021
Kenneth417:
Also, The mortgage statement Starts from October 2020 to June 2020 and Utility bills (June-August)..
Please, Hope I can still provide these supporting documents
1. If the fellow is sponsoring the trip as you said.. you need bank statement and payslips from him to prove financial status.. i repeat you need bank statement and payslips of your sponsor as you say you are not the one paying for the trip
2. You can not say you are going on a sponsored trip by a family friend for 6 weeks. 2 weeks is fair to put on your application. A student is goin to the uk to do what for 6 weeks?? What is purpose of trip? You say to visit a family friend?? 2 weeks or even 10 days if you are vaccinated looks better on paper.
3. You just got denied. Please address the reasons for ur refusal. If you can not adequately do that, both on paper and to prove your intention for the trip, and you get an impatient case worker you will be denied again.
4. You need to accurately answer to the case worker why this particular family friend is fully sponsoring your trip to the uk? why did such and such offer? It is not a big question but needs to be addressed on the application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluwadelana(m): 7:26am On Oct 10, 2021
Good morning everyone, i have filled the UK visa application online and i was able to make the payment of IHS for me and my wife. But i have been unable to pay for Visa fee with the same card which i used to pay for the IHS. It keeps saying “the payment was declined by your card holder due to incorrect details or insufficient account balance”
Please what can i do. An urgent reply will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bmuhd4smile: 8:26am On Oct 10, 2021
giselle237:
correction is 8500.. go back to iom to do it

Good Morning.... pls I have IOM certificate that will expire by December for a particular school but I later changed my mind on that school.... now I have offer from my another school which I prefer.

Can I use same certificate since it's not expired yet to apply for visa or the IOM certificate must bear name of the school am applying visa to...
Do I need to visit IOM and change the school address too?

Pls guide me through
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:31am On Oct 10, 2021
Bmuhd4smile:

Good Morning.... pls I have IOM certificate that will expire by December for a particular school but I later changed my mind on that school.... now I have offer from my another school which I prefer.
Can I use same certificate since it's not expired yet to apply for visa or the IOM certificate must bear name of the school am applying visa to...
Do I need to visit IOM and change the school address too?
Pls guide me through
use it. Your test result is what ukvi is interested in and that it is YOUR result
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Bmuhd4smile: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2021
giselle237:
use it. Your test result is what ukvi is interested in and that it is YOUR result

Ok thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenneth417: 12:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
giselle237:

1. If the fellow is sponsoring the trip as you said.. you need bank statement and payslips from him to prove financial status.. i repeat you need bank statement and payslips of your sponsor as you say you are not the one paying for the trip
2. You can not say you are going on a sponsored trip by a family friend for 6 weeks. 2 weeks is fair to put on your application. A student is goin to the uk to do what for 6 weeks?? What is purpose of trip? You say to visit a family friend?? 2 weeks or even 10 days if you are vaccinated looks better on paper.
3. You just got denied. Please address the reasons for ur refusal. If you can not adequately do that, both on paper and to prove your intention for the trip, and you get an impatient case worker you will be denied again.
4. You need to accurately answer to the case worker why this particular family friend is fully sponsoring your trip to the uk? why did such and such offer? It is not a big question but needs to be addressed on the application

Thanks very much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Vindica: 12:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tutu82:

Visa cap means for example i need 10 engineers so when the 11th applies i do not take them.
Pressure was put on the prime in 2018 and the visa cap was scrapped in principle but for some certain occupations when they have reached what is required,you find you apply and everything is correct but you get a denial.
Based on 2021 list your occupation code is 1242 and i do not see any visa cap.
You can comb websites like total jobs.com,indeed.com,Reed.co.uk and homecare.co.uk and careersmart.org.Uk for job offers.
Any Job advertising payment first or your bank details is a scam so be careful.I hope this helps and i wish you best of Luck.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jagbasneh(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by jagbasneh(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Good evening guru in the house, please i need urgent answer is it true decision is now taking in difference countries not only in UK now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by switch900: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
[quote author=jagbasneh post=106624626]Good evening guru in the house, please i need urgent answer is it true decision is now taking in difference countries not only in UK now[/quote

Yes, sometimes in Canada
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by seunbobo: 9:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Hi All,

What does it take to relocate with my family to the UK. Anyone I can consult or talk to..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by irabs4567: 3:33am On Oct 11, 2021
hello nairalanders ,
i am new on here, i plan on relocating to uk , but my fear is going through agent consultant that would con me of my money , please sir/ma i need best advice and how to go from here, i did like to know what it will cost me and what i should apply for, please i need your candid advice on this , thank you ,

(1) (2) (3) ... (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.