Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,115 members, 7,828,973 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451150 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:59pm On Oct 06, 2021
ijay112:
Dubai,South African and ghana…I really do not know where to fill the form,please can you help with the link where I can fill the visa form…thanks
thts d form. Standard visitor visa form.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lga23: 8:15pm On Oct 06, 2021
slimchuks:
VISA ALERT

I was initially denied because i did not attach a supporting document as evidence to show what i am going to the UK to do.

Reapplied and attached the said document.

Visa Category: Visitor
Application Type: Priority.
Biometrics: September 23rd 2021
TLS mail to pick up documents: October 5th 2021.

Good luck every one.

Was this priority service please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Congratulations.

Please for clarification what supporting documents did you add as evidence of what you were going to do in the UK thanks.

slimchuks:
VISA ALERT

I was initially denied because i did not attach a supporting document as evidence to show what i am going to the UK to do.

Reapplied and attached the said document.

Visa Category: Visitor
Application Type: Priority.
Biometrics: September 23rd 2021
TLS mail to pick up documents: October 5th 2021.

Good luck every one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slimchuks: 8:17pm On Oct 06, 2021
Yes

lga23:

Was this priority service please?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slimchuks: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2021
I am going for an exam. So the exam slip.

Christabeliciou:
Congratulations.

Please for clarification what supporting documents did you add as evidence of what you were going to do in the UK thanks.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by slimchuks: 8:21pm On Oct 06, 2021
I used a sponsor. My sponsor gave me copies of his British Residence permit, data page of international passport, invitation letter and recent pay slips.

Others were my 5 months account statements, pay slips, employment letter, leave of work letter, educational certificates and pictures with family.

pufframmy:
congratulation what are the documents submitted

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kadex1: 8:30pm On Oct 06, 2021
Hello house I need your advice.
My wife has both BSc and MSc in Microbiology. She plans to apply for UK visa under the skilled worker program. Is she qualified? If yes, how do we go about it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 10:12pm On Oct 06, 2021
ok bro
slimchuks:
I used a sponsor. My sponsor gave me copies of his British Residence permit, data page of international passport, invitation letter and recent pay slips.

Others were 5 months account statements, pay slips, employment letter, leave of work letter, educational certificates and pictures with family.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askhr: 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2021
Dear House,
Hope you are all doing well?
I hope you can help; I need some advice for one of our managers (let us call him Mr John.) Mr John has been married to a British-born African (who is a British Citizen). Mr John met Mrs John(wife) when she was working for one of our sister companies. They have been together for few years and married for 2 years. During, the Covid, the company couldn’t afford to pay her wages and she returned to do some consulting work in the UK. Mrs John has been coming back and forth to Lagos. Now, Mr John wants to submit a leave request as he would like to go visit Mrs John in the UK for Xmas. Mr John wanted to know if our company would be ok to draft a letter to say he employed with us etc
Mrs John would be the sponsor of the trip etc. One of our colleagues said because Mr John is Nigerian, That the Uk immigrant will reject his application. That UK immigration wouldn't believe he will not return to Nigeria, as he had never been to the UK before. That it is not the best? Is there any truth to this? Can anyone give advice?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 4:39am On Oct 07, 2021
askhr:
Dear House,
Hope you are all doing well?
I hope you can help; I need some advice for one of our managers (let us call him Mr John.) Mr John has been married to a British-born African (who is a British Citizen). Mr John met Mrs John(wife) when she was working for one of our sister companies. They have been together for few years and married for 2 years. During, the Covid, the company couldn’t afford to pay her wages and she returned to do some consulting work in the UK. Mrs John has been coming back and forth to Lagos. Now, Mr John wants to submit a leave request as he would like to go visit Mrs John in the UK for Xmas. Mr John wanted to know if our company would be ok to draft a letter to say he employed with us etc
Mrs John would be the sponsor of the trip etc. One of our colleagues said because Mr John is Nigerian, That the Uk immigrant will reject his application. That UK immigration wouldn't believe he will not return to Nigeria, as he had never been to the UK before. That it is not the best? Is there any truth to this? Can anyone give advice?
This is not true to say that they would reject “Mr John,s” visa as he is gainfully employed and has a marriage certificate(His being a Nigerian is not an issue here)However,you say “Mrs John” flies to and fro so the onus is on him to prove why he has to visit her in the Uk.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Enick: 6:29am On Oct 07, 2021
A Big congrats to you. I find getting 10 years visa a huge success especially as I am struggling to apply for 2years even after getting and using 6 months visa in the past.

Where you having 5years visa before now?
What would you considered extra in 5years documentation that would help approval?
Have you travelled to Canada and US in the Past?

richfaxy:

Finally got the mail for collection of my passport today.
Went to TLS to pickup my passport

Biometrics was done on 3rd September 2021
TLS Mail for Passport pick 5th October 2021
Proposed date to travel has passed
Visa was issued.

10 years Visit Visa Issued.

All the best to those expecting theirs
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fasttrack(m): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
hello everyone, when uploading documents on TLS, do you also attach the visa application form with other supporting documents
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by feelgoodstuffs(m): 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
fasttrack:
hello everyone, when uploading documents on TLS, do you also attach the visa application form with other supporting documents

No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fasttrack(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2021
feelgoodstuffs:

thanks alot mate
No
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kingin007: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello house please what happens when you don get a visa in your passport,no letter and no refusal mail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by heroshark(m): 5:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
Quick question,

I did my biometrics on the 27th of September, I got a call this evening to return my passport to the TLS center tomorrow morning, does this mean that the decision is out already?

I bought the "Keep my Passport" service so I've been with my passport all this while.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kingin007:
Hello house please what happens when you don get a visa in your passport,no letter and no refusal mail?
Contact UKVI via email or phone and you will be sorted out. It's a paid service.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 5:29pm On Oct 07, 2021
heroshark:
Quick question,

I did my biometrics on the 27th of September, I got a call this evening to return my passport to the TLS center tomorrow morning, does this mean that the decision is out already?

I bought the "Keep my Passport" service so I've been with my passport all this while.
Congratulations in advance.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shalewab: 5:32pm On Oct 07, 2021
[quote author=fasttrack post=106532594][/quote]
Good evening everyone.I have been following this thread and I must say you guys have been a blessing to many people, thank you very much and God bless.please I need advice
My sister wants to apply for a Uk visit visa and she is self employed(fashion designer) and a freelance architect however she has to stop paying herself salary for a while due to Covid as she laid some of her tailors off and needed some restructuring for her business until three months ago when she resumed paying herself salary. she pays herself a salary of 200,000 which she resumed back in July this year and she also gets about 1.5mil yearly from her freelance jobs.she is worried and wondering if she can go ahead with the application and explain that she had to stop paying herself salary because of Covid and also if she can state that she will be traveling with her sister who already has a Uk visa.she will be using her business and personal account to sponsor the trip.Thank you very much for your responses in advance as it will be highly appreciated,God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Christabeliciou: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello house,

Please how much is the priority service in naira.
Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2021
u have been approved bro congratulation in advance

heroshark:
Quick question,

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kingin007: 6:21pm On Oct 07, 2021
royalmu:
Contact UKVI via email or phone and you will be sorted out. It's a paid service.
Thanks…but does that mean all I’ll get is the refusal mail or letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kingin007:
Hello, did you contact them via mail during the time you were waiting for your decision at all? If yes, you can just reply on the mail they sent to you. If you didn’t, then send a paid email to them explaining the situation. It is well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kingin007: 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2021
Marytee2:

Hello, did you contact them via mail during the time you were waiting for your decision at all? If yes, you can just reply on the mail they sent to you. If you didn’t, then send a paid email to them explaining the situation. It is well.
No i didn’t mail them…I’ll just send the paid mail to them…i don’t know the decision yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kingin007:

No i didn’t mail them…I’ll just send the paid mail to them…i don’t know the decision yet
I’ve been following your thread for some time. Did you receive a collection email? Perhaps you should also check your spam box.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 7:09pm On Oct 07, 2021
Kingin007:

Thanks…but does that mean all I’ll get is the refusal mail or letter?
No, it can also go the other way. That's visa issuance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 7:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Update

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by askhr: 7:27pm On Oct 07, 2021
Tutu82:

This is not true to say that they would reject “Mr John,s” visa as he is gainfully employed and has a marriage certificate(His being a Nigerian is not an issue here)However,you say “Mrs John” flies to and fro so the onus is on him to prove why he has to visit her in the Uk.

Thanks for your input, what I understand is Mrs John has been expat for many years but living outside UK but she wants Mr John to consider moving to UK. Hence why the visit is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2021
askhr:

Thanks for your input, what I understand is Mrs John has been expat for many years but living outside UK but she wants Mr John to consider moving to UK. Hence why the visit is needed.
Then he needs to apply as spouse which is straight forward.All he needs to do is to prove they have been in a relationship for more than 2 years and lived together plus their finances are sufficient.Plus proof that she is British and they are married.
Invest in a bit of research as everything is online and transparent.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kenyangirl1: 8:01pm On Oct 07, 2021
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 8:22pm On Oct 07, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.