Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (752) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1443740 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
Walatip397:
Do I also need an invite letter from my host, including the utility bills?

Yes, you do.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 5:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

Is it paying email or just to write them ?
It costs £0
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2022
For the UK, there are two types on transit visas.
1. Direct Airside Transit Visa- This is for someone with a connecting flight that leaves the same day. You can't arrive today and take your next flight tomorrow. It needs to be on the same day.
You will remain within the departure area of the terminal and so your luggage must automatically be transferred from your arrival flight to the connecting one. This means that if you land with Emirates and want to connect through Virgin, you can't use this visa because you will need to collect your luggage from one flight and check into another.

2. Visitor in Transit Visa. This is valid for 48 hours and is for people who want to transit through but perhaps the connecting flight is the next day or they are flying two different airlines so they need to clear immigration, pick up luggage and check in again. This allows you the opportunity to do that and perhaps check into an airport hotel for the night and continue your journey or proceed to visit friends for the day and return.

Info here- https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa

leef2022:

Dear AmeliaT,
Pls explain why you can't recheck if you have the transit visas, I would have thought that is one of its purpose(s)?

So if for instance you depart LOS with Air france or if Rynna air or whichever, and your connecting flight to the Uk or final destination is Lufthansa or another carrier or such you have multiple stop overs, would Air france or Lufthansa do the re-checking for the traveler?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 5:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you cute, the whole things is just funny because i didn't added my bank statement just transferred the money into my wife account since oct and they applied on Nov, I wrote sponsorship letter also wrote it in extral page in VAF. Yes 1.9m is sufficient even more at the time we applied.

The hotel we booked and the airline at that time is very cheap not up too 400k per person and they are staying for 10days.

cutebear:
So sorry about this @Gentlesoul3268. I have a question though. Is 1.9 million naira sufficient for a trip of 4 people? Also, how long werethey meant to stay?
Also, did you add your account statement? Because, how sure is the ECO that the 1.5 million you sent to your wife isn't everything you had? He/she needs to be convinced of your financial standing as a sponsor. This includes your account statement, your payslips and details about the your source of income. The ECO needs to be assured that her husband is very comfortable financially.

Also, apart from the monthly deposit, did your wife provide payslips from her company? Did she include a letter of introduction from her employer?

To be honest, I would advice that instead of your wife travelling with all 3 children (which may look suspicious. As if she wants to run away). Why not travel with maybe just the first child and return. When applying with the first child, she will make mention of how she still has her 2 youngest children in Nigeria e.t.c (make the stay not longer than 2 weeks).
Then the next time, she will reapply for a 2 year visa (because she is now trusted by the UK after having returned while on a 6 month visa) and when she's reapplying, she can decide to go on vacation with the youngest 2 children and leave the first born in Nigeria.
I remember when I was very young and my dad who had been visiting the U.S for many years took all 4 of us for their visa interview. We were denied straight! Most times, the visa officers think that a parent wants to travel with all their children and never return (and let's be honest, this is usually the case with a lot of people).

Building trust with these countries requires patience. Your family needs to gradually create a travel history with them. I had to learn this through my own family's story.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 5:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
Hello Giselle pls I need you're contribution what can we do ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2022
1. Perhaps wait another 6 months and review/increase the budget.
2. I think you should make corrections and add documents such as your own payslips etc. Please include budget breakdown and make sure there are no errors in the form like last time.
3. Either way is fine but include documents to back up your own financial status.
4. I have seen people here pass with 3 months but 6 is good to be safe as others have been refused for submitting such a short statement.
I however think you can raise a complaint to say that there was only 1 deposit made and you already explained what it was. In this, also include the total breakdown of the 1.9m.

I wish you all the best!

Gentlesoul3268:

1.When can I re apply for them ?

2.How can I review why they are refused or not necessary since we knew the reason they are refused just to make a correction?

3.Can we wait to let the 1.5m I transferred into my wife account wave from the statement account ?

4.If I wanted to sponsor them in their next application can I submit 3 month bank statement or is it mandatory to submit 6 month bank statement?

Please need more insight....

Thanks everyone

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BolaT53: 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
Please for someone that opted for the keep my passport option and has been asked to submit the passport back how long will it take for it to be returned?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you very much. I really appreciate this

kiss
leef2022:

There are two types transit visas
Airport transit visas, means you would remain within the airport (i.e area for international departure), whilst waiting for a connecting flight to your final destination, mostly needed if you would require to re-check your luggage and your stop-over time exceeds 2hrs waiting time if not mistaking.
City transit visa means you can leave the airport, enter the city for duration of your transit visa (usually very limited and this type is ideal if you are travelling by road/land) and you wish to pass through a third state or more to your final destination. (mainly the EU, USA, UK, etc would require Nigeria passport holders have a transit visa. which ever of you choose to apply for is your choice and the ONUS would be on you to show you merit the transit visa.

No, not all countries/flights require transit visas for Nigerian passport holders and a transit visa is determined by a country's policy for immigrants and not the airline (note; diplomatic passport holders are in most cases excluded) Turkey, Dubai, Ethiopia, and more do not require you to have a transit visas for stop-overs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:22pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you very much. I really appreciate

AmeliaT:
The UK, America and most European countries require Nigerians to either have a specific transit visa or a visitor visa for a country of similar status. E.g. If you have an American visa, you can transit through Europe without a Schenghen transit but if you don't have one, you need the transit visa. The visitor visa can also be used to transit.

For the UK, there are two types on transit visas.
1. Direct Airside Transit Visa- This is for someone with a connecting flight that leaves the same day. You can't arrive today and take your next flight tomorrow. It needs to be on the same day.
You will remain within the departure area of the terminal and so your luggage must automatically be transferred from your arrival flight to the connecting one. This means that if you land with Emirates and want to connect through Virgin, you can't use this visa because you will need to collect your luggage from one flight and check into another.

2. Visitor in Transit Visa. This is valid for 48 hours and is for people who want to transit through but perhaps the connecting flight is the next day or they are flying two different airlines so they need to clear immigration, pick up luggage and check in again. This allows you the opportunity to do that and perhaps check into an airport hotel for the night and continue your journey or proceed to visit friends for the day and return.

Option 1 is easier to get because there's minimal to zero chance of absconding but with option 2, the candidate gets access to the city so can actually abscond.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
@AmeliaT and @leef2022

Which flight/airline would you suggest that doesn’t require a transit visa from Lagos to Manchester, UK. And which would not be a direct flight
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2022
Virgin Atlantic
British Airways
Royal Air Maroc (If still flying to the UK)
Kenyan Airways
South African Airways
Emirates
Qatar
Just stay away from European owned airlines- KLM, Air France.

Dinoforyou00:
@AmeliaT and @leef2022

Which flight/airline would you suggest that doesn’t require a transit visa from Lagos to Manchester, UK. And which would not be a direct flight

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ohh okay I get. Thank you AmeliaT

AmeliaT:
Virgin Atlantic
British Airways
Kenyan Airways
South African Airways
Emirates
Qatar

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kuntash: 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
AmeliaT:
Virgin Atlantic
British Airways
Kenyan Airways
South African Airways
Emirates
Qatar

KLM and Air France doesn't require transit Visa enrout the UK from Nigeria ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2022
leef2022:

Hey Papi/Mami
You are a few steps away from reconnecting with your fam. and would say is something you can easily sort...
I am not sure what was the source of the birth certificate you submitted with your application but you may want to take the following steps, if this was not the case
Get a birth cert. from National population commissions(NPC) that is issued under the births, deaths etc (compulsory registration) decree 69 of, 1992 of the federal republic of Nigeria, and that should come at no cost and you should have it issued on spot where and when you would be filling a request for one(in most cases such birth certs. come with a seal, stamp of LGA, name of registrar as well as his/her signature), afterwards you may wish to have the BC notarized, this could be done in Abuja or any state across Nigeria by legal bodies with such jurisdictions. Note this comes with some cost though, somewhere around 1000k-5000k or less, this from knowledge of one that was done 2 decades ago, as such cost maybe less or more now
After you must have done this you may want to proceed with this quote "If you have further evidence you want us to consider, you can make another application under the EUSS Family Permit at no cost: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eu- settlement-scheme-family-permit"
Or other steps provided to you in the letter.
Pls kindly visit the NPC and other legal bodies as you may require to support your refused current birth cert.
Best wishes and happy reconnecting with your fam.....

Thanks so much....I thought my visa was denied
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Ohh okay I get. Thank you AmeliaT

If you could afford the cost use British/virgin. Just to avoid unnecessary stress with covid-19 policies.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2022
Muyizie:

Thanks so much....I thought my visa was denied
your visa was denied
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:56pm On Jan 20, 2022
abdulhaphiz:
Pls can someone use a cos to apply again after the first application gets rejected due error in documents?
speak to your employer. They are in the best position to help you

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 7:57pm On Jan 20, 2022
kuntash:

They do sir/madam. Both carriers are for EU states and schengen territories, as such, they have and share same immigration policies for Nigerian passport holders, and not based on POD

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 7:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
Is this confirmed? Remember we are in the post Brexit era. Before that was the case but since Brexit, it looks like the rules have changed. Please see below or if you have contrary information, please confirm.

Traveling to the United Kingdom
Reintroduction of Airport Transit Visa Requirement for certain nationalities.
As of January 1 2021, citizens of the following countries who are holders of a British visa, long-stay visa or a residence permit issued by the British authorities will need to be in possession of an airport transit visa (ATV) if they transit through the Netherlands:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic republic of Congo, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Dominican republic, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia (only Russians coming from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Turkey or Egypt), Senegal, Syria, Palestinians with refugee travel documents, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan and South Sudan and Sri Lanka.

kuntash:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 8:00pm On Jan 20, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:
Hello house I applied for my wife and my 3 kids on Nov 11 , the refusal letter just drop now very funny lol, although I transferred 1.5 million to my wife account and wrote sponsorship letter and what the money meant for to support my kids and my
eco did not deny you for all these things you have been explaining on the page before. Abi is it my eyes?
The refusal letter only says multiple credits in your wife’s account. Were there multiple credits in the acct or not? If no as you said, then apply for reconsideration with a strong letter of complaint that u have been wrongly denied. Pls dnt complicate things in the letter as you are doing here…. ECO only mentioned multiple unknown credits. I dnt understnd tht part AND as so if he or she is wrong, go ahead and make a formal complaint! I am surprised how u are mentioning things which were not stated on the refusal letter.
Eco said her acct closing balance was positive… but he does not know the source of multiple credits in her acct. tht is what u should be contesting if you wrote all the explanation in ur application form. I dnt know why u complicating stuffs sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 8:18pm On Jan 20, 2022
giselle237:
eco did not deny you for all these things you have been explaining on the page before. Abi is it my eyes?
The refusal letter only says multiple credits in your wife’s account. Were there multiple credits in the acct or not? If no as you said, then apply for reconsideration with a strong letter of complaint that u have been wrongly denied. Pls dnt complicate things in the letter as you are doing here…. ECO only mentioned multiple unknown credits. I dnt understnd tht part AND as so if he or she is wrong, go ahead and make a formal complaint! I am surprised how u are mentioning things which were not stated on the refusal letter.
Eco said her acct closing balance was positive… but he does not know the source of multiple credits in her acct. tht is what u should be contesting if you wrote all the explanation in ur application form. I dnt know why u complicating stuffs sha

Thank you very much Giselle, there's no multiple unknow credits in my wife bank account, I have attached the bank statement on this forum earlier before I deleted it

Please kindly guide how I can write them and I don't mind if you can give me idea write up so I can follow it up.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiall: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
AmeliaT:
Is this confirmed? Remember we are in the post Brexit era. Before that was the case but since Brexit, it looks like the rules have changed. Please see below or if you have contrary information, please confirm.

As of January 1 2021, citizens of the following countries who are holders of a British visa, long-stay visa or a residence permit issued by the British authorities will need to be in possession of an airport transit visa (ATV) if they transit through the Netherlands:

Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Democratic republic of Congo, Chad, Republic of Congo, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Dominican republic, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Mali, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Russia (only Russians coming from Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, Moldova, Turkey or Egypt), Senegal, Syria, Palestinians with refugee travel documents, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan and South Sudan and South Sudan and Sri Lanka.

Very true. I got a Netherlands Transit enroute London. I had a schengen visa but was not valid for travel before I left for the UK. So yes. Nigerians need a transit visa using KLM/Airfrance.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Chiall: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
AmeliaT:

Very true. I got a Netherlands Transit visa enroute London I had a schengen visa but was not valid for travel before I left for the UK So yes Nigerians need a transit visa if using KLM/ Airfrance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 20, 2022
giselle237:
your visa was denied

So I can’t appeal again?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 9:20pm On Jan 20, 2022
But they clearly wrote it in your refusal letter that you can appeal undecided
Just make the required changes as @leef had advised
Muyizie:

So I can’t appeal again?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ohh okay I’ll see to it, but if the fare would be too much I would have to go with Qatar grin

leef2022:

If you could afford the cost use British/virgin. Just to avoid unnecessary stress with covid-19 policies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 9:26pm On Jan 20, 2022
grin grin grin
cutebear:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 9:27pm On Jan 20, 2022
Thank you so much for the clarity. @kuntash, I hope you’ve noted this and all the other feedback.

Chiall:

Very true. I got a Netherlands Transit visa enroute London I had a schengen visa but was not valid for travel before I left for the UK So yes Nigerians need a transit visa if using KLM/ Airfrance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 20, 2022
cutebear:

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 9:32pm On Jan 20, 2022
@Amelia and @leef2022

I was told the 48hours for the covid test before arrival starts counting from collection time at the lab. How do I go about it if I’ll be spending about 20hours on board. I’ll have to be at the airport 3hours before departure time. So I’ll just be left with about 25hours. How do I manage to get my test done and get the result within these hours left, and I was told the result takes 24hours to be out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 9:38pm On Jan 20, 2022
I think it’s 48 hours before take off; not arrival. So, you should be good. I do my tests at Medbury, Lekki and they usually have it ready by 3am the following day and if you do it first thing in the morning, you can ask to have it back the same day.

Let’s imagine your test is on Friday morning, you can still do the test on Wednesday morning or even Wednesday evening and get the results on Thursday morning. You can also push for Thursday morning and get the results the same day incase you want 24 hour validity.
Dinoforyou00:
@Amelia and @leef2022

I was told the 48hours for the covid test before arrival starts counting from collection time at the lab. How do I go about it if I’ll be spending about 20hours on board. I’ll have to be at the airport 3hours before departure time. So I’ll just be left with about 25hours. How do I manage to get my test done and get the result within these hours left, and I was told the result takes 24hours to be out

(1) (2) (3) ... (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.