Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442849 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 9:45pm On Jan 20, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
@Amelia and @leef2022

I was told the 48hours for the covid test before arrival starts counting from collection time at the lab. How do I go about it if I’ll be spending about 20hours on board. I’ll have to be at the airport 3hours before departure time. So I’ll just be left with about 25hours. How do I manage to get my test done and get the result within these hours left, and I was told the result takes 24hours to be out
it just has to be valid at the time of getting on the plane of your first leg oga. Dnt worry about the hours in transit

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Muyizie:

So I can’t appeal again?
follow the advice of those who told u about getting approval for DNA. U produced a birth certificate that was written 17 years after u were born and ukvi says only a letter from the Deputy Chief registrar can cover why u are bringing 17 years late BC. Their point is valid. I believe ppl told u how to respond, check the responses here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 11:43pm On Jan 20, 2022
Ohh okay. I was confused before but now I’m cleared. Thank you

AmeliaT:
I think it’s 48 hours before take off; not arrival. So, you should be good. I do my tests at Medbury, Lekki and they usually have it ready by 3am the following day and if you do it first thing in the morning, you can ask to have it back the same day.

Let’s imagine your test is on Friday morning, you can still do the test on Wednesday morning or even Wednesday evening and get the results on Thursday morning. You can also push for Thursday morning and get the results the same day incase you want 24 hour validity.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 11:44pm On Jan 20, 2022
Okay thank you

Oggg:
it just has to be valid at the time of getting on the plane of your first leg oga. Dnt worry about the hours in transit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 12:21am On Jan 21, 2022
How long does it take to response if I complaint about the Eco wrongly refuses me ? also hope that didn't stop me to re apply anytime?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:26am On Jan 21, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:
How long does it take to response if I complaint about the Eco wrongly refuses me ? also hope that didn't stop me to re apply anytime?

Give or take 5 WD to 15 WD( lets say 3 weeks) but may go beyond. And No it won't affect or hinder you from replying next time..
Also, better the complaint be in the writing of the applicant(your wife) denied.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 1:05am On Jan 21, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Marytee2: 1:07am On Jan 21, 2022
No…. because the COS assigned number is only valid for one application. You will need to request another COs from your employer.
abdulhaphiz:
Pls can someone use a cos to apply again after the first application gets rejected due error in documents?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:12am On Jan 21, 2022
leef2022:

Give or take 5 WD to 15 WD( lets say 3 weeks) but may go beyond. And No it won't affect or hinder you from replying next time..
Also, better the complaint be in the writing of the applicant(your wife) denied.

Yes she's the one will writing the complaint as the applicant

They also denied the other 3 children lol....if you see how they are showing càre ,pampered them that their parents didn't submitted a consent letter that they should travel alone and they always care about their well-being and welfare so they refused them since their Mom's that they are travel with she's denied entry blablabla

Can she submitted the bank statement, VAF and sponsorship letter I wrote along with the complaint email?

Can she re-apply alone later ?

I'm suggesting that should not let the month of oct I transferred the money to her account should reflect in her next application if she wanted to print out her 6month bank statement or doesn't matter

Thanks my chief leef
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sulee23(f): 2:12am On Jan 21, 2022
Hello bro, is there a way to reach you, I'd just like to clarify something as I don't think you see your quoted tried sending a dm no response. Hoping you see this.

Schoolhike:

Thanks very much, she was granted the visa last week.

Tho, we waited till my wide deliver before we put in the application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 2:57am On Jan 21, 2022
When I sent a complaint about my application last year March, I got a message two months after saying it wasn’t possible to looking into it within the 20days time frame. After that I got nothing else from them.

I applied again in October and got the visa.

Gentlesoul3268:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by virgoago4: 9:07am On Jan 21, 2022
Chiall:

Very true. I got a Netherlands Transit visa enroute London I had a schengen visa but was not valid for travel before I left for the UK So yes Nigerians need a transit visa if using KLM/ Airfrance.

Hello, please did you get the Netherland transit visa from Nigeria? please how can i go about it, where is their consulate office and how long did the application process take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:49am On Jan 21, 2022
virgoago4:
Hello, please did you get the Netherland transit visa from Nigeria? please how can i go about it, where is their consulate office and how long did the application process take?
search the student thread. Some said it took 48-72hours for France own

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by verygudbadguy(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2022
Greetings to y’all. I just received a refusal letter. I think the ECO made a mistake. He/she took 8,000,000 for 800,000 in my yearly investment income and based the judgement on the fact that my travel budget is 4x my monthly income which is not true.

I also submitted a cover letter stating that the funds i moved into my personal account are from my corporate account and are incomes from my own business.

Pros in the house, kindly advise.

@cutebear @giselle237 @leef2022 @AmeliaT @Debbieeee @Nwaogwukings03
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2022
What of the large unknown credits in your bank account? That's usually a problem for them.

verygudbadguy:
Greetings to y’all. I just received a refusal letter. I think the ECO made a mistake. He/she took 8,000,000 for 800,000 in my yearly investment income and based the judgement on the fact that my travel budget is 4x my monthly income which is not true.

I also submitted a cover letter stating that the funds i moved into my personal account are from my corporate account and are incomes from my own business.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by gistbite(f): 10:57am On Jan 21, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
@Amelia and @leef2022

I was told the 48hours for the covid test before arrival starts counting from collection time at the lab. How do I go about it if I’ll be spending about 20hours on board. I’ll have to be at the airport 3hours before departure time. So I’ll just be left with about 25hours. How do I manage to get my test done and get the result within these hours left, and I was told the result takes 24hours to be out

If you are in Lagos or ibadan, healthtracka.com will do test for you in the morning at home or your preferred location and send your results by evening. So you can book the test a day before your flight. My partner and I used them and there were no issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by verygudbadguy(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2022
cutebear:
What of the large unknown credits in your bank account? That's usually a problem for them.

They are all from my corporate account. They are proceeds from my personal business and I uploaded all related documents. I also submitted the statement of account and the CAC docs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by headhoncho(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2022
verygudbadguy:

They are all from my corporate account. They are proceeds from my personal business and I uploaded all related documents. I also submitted the statement of account and the CAC docs.
Nawao!! Some Visa officers can just be biased sha. I think you just have to reapply and address the issues on this refusal letter. Pele!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 12:08pm On Jan 21, 2022
Sorry about this. The ECO actually wrote 8,000,000 but in the exchange to pounds, put 1400 GBP instead of 14k. I believe that's the key issue. You can write a complaint pointing out this error. As, if they had taken into account your yearly other income of #14k GBP, your monthly goes to over 2600 and so the 6k budget would only be X2.2 of your monthly income. I suggest you complain about that and also reattach your proof about every single one of the transfers. If that doesn't work,

1. Reapply and ensure there are no large deposits just your monthly fixed salary.
2. Reduce the budget from 6k so it doesn't put too much pressure on you.
3. Highlight every deposit into the account, number it and in your cover letter use bullet points to outline every deposit with the corresponding number, date and explain it and also add proof. Also include your company statement.

Have you travelled elsewhere before and was this a first time application to the UK? Sometimes, I feel like they nitpick based on a nudge they have which they can't really put a finger on so they just look out for whatever.

verygudbadguy:

@cutebear @giselle237 @leef2022 @AmeliaT @Debbieeee @Nwaogwukings03

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by verygudbadguy(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2022
AmeliaT:
Sorry about this. The ECO actually wrote 8,000,000 but in the exchange to pounds, put 1400 GBP instead of 14k. I believe that's the key issue. You can write a complaint pointing out this error. As, if they had taken into account your yearly other income of #14k GBP, your monthly goes to over 2600 and so the 6k budget would only be X2.2 of your monthly income. I suggest you complain about that and also reattach your proof about every single one of the transfers. If that doesn't work,

1. Reapply and ensure there are no large deposits just your monthly fixed salary.
2. Reduce the budget from 6k so it doesn't put too much pressure on you.
3. Highlight every deposit into the account, number it and in your cover letter use bullet points to outline every deposit with the corresponding number, date and explain it and also add proof. Also include your company statement.

Have you travelled elsewhere before and was this a first time application to the UK? Sometimes, I feel like they nitpick based on a nudge they have which they can't really put a finger on so they just look out for whatever.

Thank you @AmeliaT

It is my first attempt to the UK. I hav been to Dubai twice and i also visited Kenya last year.

I think it is best to do another Dubai trip before reapplying.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by verygudbadguy(m): 12:17pm On Jan 21, 2022
headhoncho:
Nawao!! Some Visa officers can just be biased sha. I think you just have to reapply and address the issues on this refusal letter. Pele!
Thank you @headhoncho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Abby2020: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2022
When did you do your biometrics pls?
verygudbadguy:

Thank you @AmeliaT

It is my first attempt to the UK. I hav been to Dubai twice and i also visited Kenya last year.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by verygudbadguy(m): 12:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
Abby2020:
When did you do your biometrics pls?
November 12
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2022
Go to South Africa or Turkey. A country that requires vetting before visa issuance
verygudbadguy:

Thank you @AmeliaT

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Squid456: 1:05pm On Jan 21, 2022
Helo good people. Please I need help with regards to my visa.
I've done biometric since November 26th 2021 but I'm yet to hear anything from the visa people.
I'm really worried and I don't know how to go About this issue.
I've tracked the application via tls site and the last progress is when application was sent to decision making committee.
It has not been sent to VAC till now.
My trip is in 2 weeks.
I need your help pls.
What do I do.
I've tried calling them they said it's a global delay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 1:13pm On Jan 21, 2022
Squid456:
I've done biometric since November 26th 2021 but I'm yet to hear anything from the visa people.
I've tracked the application via tls site and the last progress is when application was sent to decision making committee.
My trip is in 2 weeks.
I need your help pls.
What do I do.
Since you have been told that it's a global delay, you can only continue to wait or cancel your application and request for your passport if you can't afford to wait any longer.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by verygudbadguy(m): 1:14pm On Jan 21, 2022
cutebear:
Go to South Africa or Turkey. A country that requires vetting before visa issuance
I will. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2022
Muyizie:

So I can’t appeal again?

You are making this case more difficult. You know the reason for the visa denial so why don’t you work on that.

My friend was in similar position few years ago. All you need to do is to write Home office that you volunteer to do DNA test (at your own expenses) to show the father-son relationship. Get go ahead from them before you do DNA.

No one is going to approve you visa based on that oluwole (fake) birth certificate.

Go for DNA unless you’re hiding something

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
I've been waiting since Nov 17th. There are some people who have been waiting since October. If you want to know the exact status of your application, then you should send them a paid mail (https://ukvi.mysecurepay.co.uk/Home) or make a paid phone call to ukvi (+443007906268).

Squid456:
My trip is in 2 weeks.
I need your help pls.
What do I do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:44pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you very much my chairman Nchabuomo.....I really appreciate your concerned yesterday.

I have sent an email to UKVI complaint department for wrongly denied my wife for a large fund deposit the ECO mentioned only.

Now I was told to reapply immediately to counter the refusal letter on a ground by providing the statement of account where I transferred the money into my wife bank account.

I used my personal bank statement to transferred the money to her which I used the account for miscellaneous and domestic stuff at times and running well, Although I have a salary account which showing a steading 550k monthly salary.

We will write a cover letter to address the reason Eco wrongly denied my wife and the kids, also to provide my salary account, personal account I used to transferred the money into her acct, my payslips, and my work ID card, previous bank statement indicating the salary and 1.5m sponsorship fund apart from that no any other funds.

Please is that a good ideas?

All the gurus ...leef,, madam, cutebear , Ameila, Giselle and everyone

Nchabuomo:

I think you can challenge the decision though based on what is written. I'm not 100 percent sure who you can email but perhaps write to UKVI attaching the refusal letter and VAF that addresses the issues. I'm assuming there aren't other unexplained large deposits in your wife account in the period.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2022
Thank you very much my OGA @ the TOP Giselle.....I really appreciate your concerned yesterday.

I have sent an email to UKVI complaint department for wrongly denied my wife for a large fund deposit the ECO mentioned.

Now I was told to reapply immediately to counter the refusal letter on a ground by providing the statement of account where I transferred the money into my wife bank account.

I used my personal bank statement to transferred the money to her which I used the account for miscellaneous and domestic stuff at times, Although I have a salary account which showing a steading 550k monthly salary.

We will write a cover letter to address the reason Eco wrongly denied my wife and the kids, also to provide my salary account, personal account I used to transferred the money into her acct, my payslips, and my work ID card, previous bank statement indicating the salary and 1.5m sponsorship fund apart from that no any other funds.

Please is that a good ideas?

All the gurus ...leef,, madam, cutebear , Ameila, Giselle and everyone

giselle237:
search the student thread. Some said it took 48-72hours for France own
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mamawa123: 1:47pm On Jan 21, 2022
Nchabuomo:

That's a good sign, let her return her passport to the VAC.

She resubmitted her passport today

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.