Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,403 members, 7,815,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1442974 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tonerokampala: 10:24am On Jan 24, 2022
I submitted mine on Jan 13th and still no collection mail. Any luck with yours?
BolaT53:
Good afternoon everyone. Please i opted for the option of keeping my passport while my application is been processed. Please i have been asked to submit my passport how long will it take for me to get it back. Please its urgent thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 12:36pm On Jan 24, 2022
This wait hasn't been easy at all. Biometrics done for a 6months visitor's visa since 4th Nov. I just tracked this morning to see application transferred to VAC, hopefully collection mail drops before the end of today. Fingers crossed!

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Matthlay(m): 1:26pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hi everyone, I'm planning to apply for UK visa soon, can I use my account statement.
Got several transaction for over two years now, I'm full time into crypto I don't know if such account is acceptable due to crypto transaction ban in Nigeria

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oriree70: 2:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good afternoon all,

Please I want to find out if I will need a transit visa if I am flying to Uk using Lufthansa airline.

I have a work visa (tier 2 visa) and my family are accompanying as dependents.

Thanks In advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asknaija: 2:29pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hello house. I came across this site in search of information. I got a refusal letter from the UK embassy in Nigeria. The reason they gave was that the search they did on my business name returned no result.

They made a mistake in the name. The searched for EG ABC instead of ABC enterprise.

I wrote a cover letter with a letter headed paper, bearing company name. I even included business registration documents. Yet they made a mistake in the name. The name shows active on the CAC website.

I applied before and was refused, stating that i did not include a document in my application. I reapplied again and included it and they made a mistake. I dont want to spend money or go through the application process again.

And it says i have no right to appeal.

Please can someone tell me what steps to take. Please its urgent.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by biglizzy: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Please what options are open to someone hoping to migrate to the UK with their family?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cutebear: 3:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
School is your best option. Unless you want to go through job offer. In which, it's mostly nurses and care workers that are being hired right now.
biglizzy:
Please what options are open to someone hoping to migrate to the UK with their family?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 3:34pm On Jan 24, 2022
Yes you do. But if you have a valid Canadian or US visa I think you don’t

oriree70:
Good afternoon all,

Please I want to find out if I will need a transit visa if I am flying to Uk using Lufthansa airline.

I have a work visa (tier 2 visa) and my family are accompanying as dependents.

Thanks In advance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Rocice(m): 3:43pm On Jan 24, 2022
Hello
Pls after getting an admission from a UK school when should I apply for visa and regarding the block account when should it be funded
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:55pm On Jan 24, 2022
cutebear:
School is your best option. Unless you want to go through job offer. In which, it's mostly nurses and care workers that are being hired right now.

To add to the options. Innovator/investor visa (Tier 1 visa). Most government tag it "the Golden visa" and that is for a reason...If you gettttt it, you got it, if you don't get it, you forgettttttttttt about it...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:58pm On Jan 24, 2022
Rocice:
Hello
Pls after getting an admission from a UK school when should I apply for visa and regarding the block account when should it be funded

the student thread would help you better, but i would suppose you would have to apply for a visa when all necessary requirements for a tier 4 visa are met by you and should be, such that your arrival date to the UK and the school, is not beyond the school's final date of arrival for incoming international students...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2022
Dinoforyou00:
Good evening everyone. For the sake of some of us that are first time travelers, please what are the possible questions to be asked at the airport (esp some of us that are young, and don’t have any relative in UK), and if you can also take your time to write the way in which we’ll answer, will be so much appreciated.

And what are the things to put in order, the necessary things to do and have. Please just share experiences. Thank you

sir/madam
Pls, do you still have your VAF?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by biglizzy: 4:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
cutebear:
How will the student visa option accommodate ones family?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oriree70: 4:39pm On Jan 24, 2022
Fazfunms:
Yes you do. But if you have a valid Canadian or US visa I think you don’t

Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 4:53pm On Jan 24, 2022
biglizzy:

How will the student visa option accommodate ones family?

Main applicant-you/wife
family(wife/husband and children)-dependants...... the more dependants you got, the more financial burden to hit PBS 10...(as applicable to you).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by biglizzy: 5:02pm On Jan 24, 2022
leef2022:

Main applicant-you/wife
family(wife/husband and children)-dependants...... the more dependants you got, the more financial burden to hit PBS 10...(as applicable to you).
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Matthlay:
Hi everyone, I'm planning to apply for UK visa soon, can I use my account statement.
Got several transaction for over two years now, I'm full time into crypto I don't know if such account is acceptable due to crypto transaction ban in Nigeria

Yes, you can use the account statement.... but my people talk sey "prevention better pass cure".... i.e rather than having to cure by explaining large deposits and withdrawals that the VO may consider or disregard, prevent having to cure by keeping things simple and clean.

all the best mate.....

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ybahrbz91: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2022
Good Evening House.

Thank you everyone for the assistance and help.

I have an enquiry to ask;
My sponsorship letter carries my passport details which is expiring in 6 months. I have applied for a new passport and I am about applying for Visa.
Do I need to inform my employer about my new passport number?
If I go to the embassy with the 2 passports, which of the passport will be Stamped?

I am quite in a dilemma, I would appreciate your response.

Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by evetyson(f): 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Your new passport will carry your old passport number, you got nothing to worry about.
ybahrbz91:
Good Evening House.

My sponsorship letter carries my passport details which is expiring in 6 months. I have applied for a new passport and I am about applying for Visa.
If I go to the embassy with the 2 passports, which of the passport will be Stamped?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by asknaija: 5:13pm On Jan 24, 2022
Can someone kindly guide me on steps to take to correct the mistake on my visa refusal? Its really painful when you spend your money and time to ensure everything is complete. Only for a refusal based on the mistake of the ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 5:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
ybahrbz91:
Good Evening House.

Thank you.

1.when you apply for a new passport, the previous is "cancelled without prejudice", meaning, even if it were still valid, it becomes invalid and not possible for travel outside the country, as such all visa would have to be transferred to a new passport as maybe the case.
2. Wise you inform your employer, so they could include the new passport details on your cos or notify the embassy or advise you on what to do.
3. You would have to submit the new one, regardless if your cos have the former details... You may wish to add datapage of the previous passport though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ybahrbz91: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2022
Thank you @evetyson for the swift response.

So while applying for Visa, I should fill in the Old passport number which is contained in my certificate of Sponsorship.

Thanks once again.

evetyson:
Your new passport will carry your old passport number, you got nothing to worry about.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uju29: 6:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
cutebear:
It depends on your profession na
I studied education and presently into child care what are my chances and how do I go about it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2022
Yes I still have it

leef2022:

sir/madam
Pls, do you still have your VAF?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
My collection mail just dropped. My mind dey up! Abeg why do they keep doing this, increasing someone's anxiety by sending collection mail after close of business. Lol!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.