Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,100 members, 7,828,845 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (764) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1451106 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dichimma: 10:54am On Jan 28, 2022
@ Nchabuomo,
Please report to school and who again please

I lost everything
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luiginho2xl(m): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2022
Dichimma:
@ Nchabuomo,
Please report to school and who again please

I lost everything
have you tried going back to the bank, and maybe TLS to see it you mistakenly left it there?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Sincerechic: 12:19pm On Jan 28, 2022
Hello everyone. Am I able to pick up my aunt's passport on her behalf? I have her signed collection slip and she doesn't live in Lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nchabuomo: 2:23pm On Jan 28, 2022
cutebear:
Thank you. The whole story is very dodgy. It seems to me that the man and his wife want to Japa without returning. That £5k deposit to a school is another reason why the ECO will question their rush. It looks like the deposit was made in order to deceive the ECO that they will return. Nigerians have used all the scopes before grin

I think that's not a fair thing to say, though. People have a right to vacation at any point in time regardless of other plans they might already have. People travel for tourism in January and start school in October. It is well within the applicants right to apply at any time. If they want to travel on a family vacation now, there is no need to wait until the wife starts her programme which she might end of not even starting or change her mind about.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 3:01pm On Jan 28, 2022
Sincerechic:
Hello everyone. Am I able to pick up my aunt's passport on her behalf? I have her signed collection slip and she doesn't live in Lagos

How old is your aunt, did she sign at the point of biometrics that it will collected on her behalf?

If she is younger than 65 and you haven't signed then save yourself the stress my sister!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tushqueen(f): 3:03pm On Jan 28, 2022
Thanks for all you do in this room, read and applied advice from here as suitable. I applied for my mum to visit me.

6 months visitors visa granted!
Biometrics 4th Nov
Collection mail on 24th Jan
Visa collected today.

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ovi4real(f): 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2022
royalmu:
No date is set yet because you're yet to choose a date. Try to pick same date for every family member even if the times aren't the same. You will tell TLS staff on the day of biometrics that it's a family application so that your family will be allowed in at the same time. Try to book the appointments simultaneously using different computers. I hope you understand.

Thank you for replying, but must i pay for the premium lodge (42k) and the likes of it to get a date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:26pm On Jan 28, 2022
ovi4real:

Thank you for replying, but must i pay for the premium lodge (42k) and the likes of it to get a date.
No, you might be lucky to get free appointment date without having to pay 42k.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by royalmu: 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2022
tushqueen:
Thanks for all you do in this room, read and applied advice from here as suitable. I applied for my mum to visit me.

6 months visitors visa granted!
Biometrics 4th Nov
Collection mail on 24th Jan
Visa collected today.
Was the visa finally collected by proxy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by philipcox(m): 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
*Submitted application October 15th
*Biometric November 8th
*Passport collection email received January 27th
*Collected the passport with 6months (20/01/2022 - 20/07/2022) visiting visa in it with multiple entry today January 28th.
*First time applicant with a virgin passport.

Glory be to God. He alone deserves all the Glory and Honour.
Appreciation to everyone here that helped with different comment.
God bless you all.

To those expecting collection mail, passport and visa. You will share good news soon in the name of Jesus...... Amen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luiginho2xl(m): 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2022
philipcox:
*Biometric November 8th
*Collected the passport with 6months (20/01/2022 - 20/07/2022) visiting visa in it with multiple entry today January 28th.

God bless you all.

To those expecting collection mail, passport and visa. You will share good news soon in the name of Jesus...... Amen.
congrats. Where was your biometric centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Akorkor(f): 7:20pm On Jan 28, 2022
Please house,

Do Nigeria bank gives pounds cash as PTA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by philipcox(m): 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2022
Ikeja

luiginho2xl:
congrats. Where was your biometric centre?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by salvo583: 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2022
Please which universities in West Midlands have a flexible payment option?
Which other university can accept a third class for masters for an IT related course?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Loyaltysoul: 9:11pm On Jan 28, 2022
Good evening house

Please i need your advise ,I sponsor my wife and our twins with 1m by transferred the fund into my wife account from my saving account that I usually used for expenditure, saving , receiving non salary payment, kids welfare, settled bill, general payment,

I wanted to submit a documents to back the origin of the fund I transferred to my wife acct with my salary account, employment letter, payslips, ID card and my saving account show the transferred of 1m sent to my wife acct

I hope its doesn't mean that the 1m transferred from my saving account I usually used for expenditure,saving and receiving non salary payment?

Please need advise from all the guru and everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 4:31am On Jan 29, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gentlesoul3268: 4:32am On Jan 29, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ovi4real(f): 8:10am On Jan 29, 2022
royalmu:
No, you might be lucky to get free appointment date without having to pay 42k.

Ok. thank You.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luminio: 11:43am On Jan 29, 2022
Good day everyone,

I need your expert guidance and advise.

I want to apply for UK Visit Visa for Ester 2022 and i needed to understand the best time to start the process, the best amount to be in my bank statement for me alone, visa fee, and if the ester is not the best time to apply. What Time/Season is the best time to apply for UK Visit Visa.

please advise me.. thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luminio: 11:52am On Jan 29, 2022
philipcox:
*Biometric November 8th

God bless you all.

Please advise if i want to apply to for visit visa for ester.
1. when is the best time to apply
2. what amount should be in my bast statement.
3. what is the Visa fees for visit visa.

i will be counting on you and expecting to hear from you.
thx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mulberry: 12:01pm On Jan 29, 2022
Well done all.

Been silently reading and it kept me going. Biometrics was done 18th of November, 2021. Sent paid mail for myself and spouse on the 20th of January. Response gotten was that no decision was made on my application while my spouse case has been closed.

Tracked it yesterday and saw that it was now sent to VAC. Received collection mail at 9.40am on the 28th of January. My spouse is still showing application with DMC, no collection mail yet as well.

we have sent a second follow up mail but feedback still says application has been closed.. He visited TLS but passport is not there.

Please what can we do as we applied together and his case was closed before mine. what can we do next?

Thanks.

will pick up next week and hoping to see my visa stamp on my passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
Loyaltysoul:
Good evening house

Please i need your advise ,I sponsor my wife and our twins with 1m by transferred the fund into my wife account from my saving account that I usually used for expenditure, saving , receiving non salary payment, kids welfare, settled bill, general payment,

I wanted to submit a documents to back the origin of the fund I transferred to my wife acct with my salary account, employment letter, payslips, ID card and my saving account show the transferred of 1m sent to my wife acct

I hope its doesn't mean that the 1m transferred from my saving account I usually used for expenditure,saving and receiving non salary payment?

Please need advise from all the guru and everyone.

Note to self,
Best way to go about this visa application thingy is having a simple yet genuine and credible application. And I am not in anyway saying you or your application aint genuine. If, you are only going to be a sponsor, a letter of sponsorship, a singular bank statement from you or and payslip with an ID is enough.
At the end, the ONUS(75%) still falls on your wife(herein referred to as main applicant) and what supporting documents she submits to demonstrate that she and the kids would have no reason to seek public funds or overstay their visit in the UK. Thus, including your employment letter and possible multiple accounts when considering you are just a sponsor is irrelevant.

Wishing your family a successful visa applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2022
Akorkor:
Please house,

Do Nigeria bank gives pounds cash as PTA?

Yes that should be possible as you are required to indicate what currency you need whilst filling out the Form A. However, the problem here maybe the scarcity of the pound sterlings as to the dollar which could possibly explain why most banks give USD cash.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 12:49pm On Jan 29, 2022
mulberry:
Well done all.

Been silently reading and it kept me going. Biometrics was done 18th of November, 2021. Sent paid mail for myself and spouse on the 20th of January. Response gotten was that no decision was made on my application while my spouse case has been closed.

Tracked it yesterday and saw that it was now sent to VAC. Received collection mail at 9.40am on the 28th of January. My spouse is still showing application with DMC, no collection mail yet as well.

we have sent a second follow up mail but feedback still says application has been closed.. He visited TLS but passport is not there.

Please what can we do as we applied together and his case was closed before mine. what can we do next?

Thanks.

will pick up next week and hoping to see my visa stamp on my passport.

Sorry for the challenges..
What category of visa did you and your husband apply for, if i may ask?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 1:05pm On Jan 29, 2022
luminio:

Please advise if i want to apply to for visit visa for ester.
1. when is the best time to apply
2. what amount should be in my bast statement.
3. what is the Visa fees for visit visa.

i will be counting on you and expecting to hear from you.
thx.

Hello,
1. Best time to apply is when you have all supporting documents ready, NOT earlier than 3 months to your intended date of arrival to the UK.
2. There is no fixed amount you must have as bal. on your statement, however, you MUST ensure you have healthy finances for the period of your supporting account statement(i.e no unexplained large deposit and excess spending of what you would state as your supposed monthly income and earnings, no recycling of funds and etc). Consequently, Payslips, and other financial documents would do, if you are not able to present a personal bank statement.
3. £95 visa fee, excluding any extra service you may/would wish for at the time of submitting your application.

Best of success
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dichimma: 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2022
I complained yesterday, that I misplaced my passport/visa last two days ago, TLS contact called me the same yesterday evening to come and collect my passport, someone brought it to them.
Thank God for everything
Please I need a site to book for my day 2 and day 8 testing kits in Birmingham, someone should help me out is very urgent.
Thank you

7 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2022
Dichimma:
I complained yesterday, that I misplaced my passport/visa last two days ago, TLS contact called me the same yesterday evening to come and collect my passport, someone brought it to them.
Thank God for everything
Please I need a site to book for my day 2 and day 8 testing kits in Birmingham, someone should help me out is very urgent.
Thank you

Give boots a try (its a pharmacy in the UK), they offer such services across the UK, but there could be other better and cheaper providers

Best of studies in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mulberry: 1:43pm On Jan 29, 2022
i was visit visa

leef2022:

Sorry for the challenges..
What category of visa did you and your husband apply for, if i may ask?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 1:44pm On Jan 29, 2022
Dichimma:
Thank God for everything
Thank you
you are so lucky. If the person dropped their contact num, reach out to them and expressly say thank you for their goodwill to have even taken it back to tls. I have misplaced passport before.. was a horrible nightmare, worse still u tht just picked up visa… this is great for u.
check the student thread. Saw 5 pounds day 2 test. It is lateral flow and for fully vaccinated. So confirm from gov.uk if urs needs to be pcr or lateral and then chk vivovlinic link they posted.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (761) (762) (763) (764) (765) (766) (767) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.