Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,444 members, 7,812,334 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (767) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1440653 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:32pm On Jan 31, 2022
I had a similar experience with Wakanow over a simple name change issue. They kept changing their quotation even when the airline said it was free. Emirates had to intervene in the end.

@philipcoxb I like to use skyscanner and Google flights as my aggregator to compare flights and then head directly to the airline site to purchase. I can't stand these websites because initiating changes can be hell. The only issue you might face dealing directly with airlines is the USD spending cap. Good luck!

giselle237:
@philipcox avoid travelstart. Any issue with the ticket or any slight changes and you will hate ever contracting business with them. Le worst travel agency. You will cry to get your refund even though they have received refund from the airline. To reach the company you will spend unending hours speaking to whatsapp bot etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Osondubueze: 1:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
Please I need help or advice.... Haven't heard from TLC since my biometrics since 25th of October and I have gone there twice this January and they keep telling me my passport is not ready for collection yet.... What should I do cos I have excalated via mail and paid call.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gadguy125(m): 1:46pm On Jan 31, 2022
Hello there,
Please how long does it take for the VAC (Visa Application Centre) to receive the application after the DMC (Decision Making Centre) makes a decision and transfers it to them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adexxxx: 3:52pm On Jan 31, 2022
Hello Guys,

I have been trying to book a regular visa appointment at TLS Ikeja, but I can't find any date. Does this happen often?

All I a seeing here is Flexi Appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gadguy125(m): 4:01pm On Jan 31, 2022
I don't think there is any available slot for the regular booking. You might need to go for other options.

adexxxx:
Hello Guys,

I have been trying to book a regular visa appointment at TLS Ikeja, but I can't find any date. Does this happen often?

All I a seeing here is Flexi Appointment
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gadguy125(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2022
Hello there,

Please do people get rejection info via email or they only get to know after the passport is delivered (for those who choose Courier service)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Fazfunms: 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2022
Had a similar issue with them. If you want to make a change or get a refund it’s usually a very big issue with them. I don’t recommend them.

giselle237:
@philipcox avoid travelstart. Any issue with the ticket or any slight changes and you will hate ever contracting business with them. Le worst travel agency. You will cry to get your refund even though they have received refund from the airline. To reach the company you will spend unending hours speaking to whatsapp bot etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 6:56pm On Jan 31, 2022
Please anybodyy?

Dinoforyou00:
Please who can help me make payment on airbnb and I pay in naira please cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Uju29: 7:16pm On Jan 31, 2022
Good evening everyone �
Please am new here, how do I relocate to the UK through child care work? Is there any possibility?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
Fazfunms:
Had a similar issue with them. If you want to make a change or get a refund it’s usually a very big issue with them. I don’t recommend them.
I agree.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:42pm On Jan 31, 2022
Gadguy125:
Hello there,Please do people get rejection info via email or they only get to know after the passport is delivered (for those who choose Courier service)?
yes through email. Check inbox and spam

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2022
Can anyone please help me with this

Dinoforyou00:
Please who can help me make payment on airbnb and I pay in naira please cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mulannoire(f): 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
Guys if i have never received payslips, only just my salary each month will this pose a problem? And is a staff ID card necessary? I lost mine
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Kayma2000: 9:12pm On Jan 31, 2022
Gadguy125:
Hello there,
Please how long does it take for the VAC (Visa Application Centre) to receive the application after the DMC (Decision Making Centre) makes a decision and transfers it to them?

As soon as possible (they claim)

In my case, it has taken 3 months since a decision was made on my application. The delay is no joke.

If you experience delays, raise UKVI enquiry via paid email and wait patiently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Oggg: 9:24pm On Jan 31, 2022
If you can locate the airline’s office in lagos or abuja eg british airways buy ur tx from them directly. Leave travel agencies
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gadguy125(m): 11:35pm On Jan 31, 2022
Many thanks. The portal has been updated; VAC has received the passport.

Kayma2000:

As soon as possible (they claim)

In my case, it has taken 3 months since a decision was made on my application. The delay is no joke.

If you experience delays, raise UKVI enquiry via paid email and wait patiently.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BolaT53: 5:36am On Feb 01, 2022
Good morning everyone please who has traveled with Virgin Atlantic? Do I need a Covid test?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Delux4luv: 7:21am On Feb 01, 2022
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gadguy125(m): 8:08am On Feb 01, 2022
You can confirm this on their website

BolaT53:
Good morning everyone please who has traveled with Virgin Atlantic? Do I need a Covid test?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by mulannoire(f): 9:29am On Feb 01, 2022
Good morning guys...after selecting premium lounge and choosing appointment date, i made payment and was debited but did not get an appointment date. Site returned an error message. Has this happened to anyone?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by adexxxx: 9:37am On Feb 01, 2022
If you are looking for free appointment dates in TLS Ikeja, kindly check now.
There are free self-service dates for 7th and 8th

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 11:00am On Feb 01, 2022
Hello, I'll be honest. It'll be difficult to get anyone here to agree to this. Please ask a friend or family member. If something is damaged within the home, the card will be charged. If anything happens, an extra night or anything else of that nature, that card will still be charged so I don't think anyone who doesn't know you personally would be willing to do this.

You can ask a friend.
You can use a dollar card to make the payment.
You can get a barter card/flutterwave for this.
You can use a Google card.

Dinoforyou00:
Can anyone please help me with this

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dinoforyou00: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2022
Yeah yeah you’re right. Thank you for that. But I don’t have access to any of these.

Is paying with naira mastercard reliable on booking.com. I heard naira mastercard doesn’t go through. Please is this right

AmeliaT:
Hello, I'll be honest. It'll be difficult to get anyone here to agree to this. Please ask a friend or family member. If something is damaged within the home, the card will be charged. If anything happens, an extra night or anything else of that nature, that card will still be charged so I don't think anyone who doesn't know you personally would be willing to do this.

You can ask a friend.
You can use a dollar card to make the payment.
You can get a barter card/flutterwave for this.
You can use a Google card.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Gadguy125(m): 12:54pm On Feb 01, 2022
I think your better bet is to try it to confirm if it'd go through.

Dinoforyou00:
Yeah yeah you’re right. Thank you for that. But I don’t have access to any of these.

Is paying with naira mastercard reliable on booking.com. I heard naira mastercard doesn’t go through. Please is this right

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Ruby105: 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good evening house … please I am very very confused about something and I will be so glad if anyone can help me out with the best information I need , Am a business owner and my business is registered and I’d like to apply for uk tourist 6 month visa for myself and my child , I have a personal account and a business account, is it advisable I pay myself salary for 6 months or should I just use my business account or I use both account .. please help me with the best information, and If I don’t need to pay myself salary on my personal account do I just save money there randomly I am really confused and don’t know what to do …
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 1:51pm On Feb 01, 2022
I believe you can get a Google card or barter card in minutes. You can apply for a USD dom and USD card and get them this week.

You can use a naira mastercard on booking.com to secure the stay and possibly pay cash when you get there or by then, sort out your alternative card options and pay with that at the hotel. All the best!

Dinoforyou00:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AmeliaT: 2:01pm On Feb 01, 2022
1 Pay yourself a salary into your personal account every month and that should be the primary income there. Obviously, the salary should be a logical amount that's healthy and not eroding your business revenue/profit.
2 You Should present the personal and business account but make sure your business account is active on CAC.
3 Do not resort to inflation, sending through large deposits within the six-month period.
4 Spend as you normally would in your personal account, leaving some each month so that is accumulated to a healthy balance.
5 Review the statement first before you indicate your income, expenditure, and budget. Make sure the annual income matches the statement income. Annual income should ideally be X2 of your 6month statement. The expenditure should also follow the same principles.
6 Budget for the trip should ideally not exceed 2 months’ income. There is no hard and fast rule about this, but people have been rejected for a budget that was X4 their income.
7 However, ensure this budget covers your entire trip. Breakdown flight, accommodation, food, transport and a little bit for shopping and entertainment (not mandatory). Below is my personal budget guide which I came up with myself and is by no means prescriptive, but you can review, and tweak as needed. This will help guide to ensure your budget, length of trip and available balance are all in sync.
Flight- £564
Accommodation- £50/Day (unless you’re staying with a friend)
Food- £20/day
Transport- £10-15/day
Optional
Shopping- Variable
Entertainment- Variable
8 I personally advise that you try to ensure that the available balance in your account is 2X the budget for the trip. Because they expect that you have funds to go back to when you get back home. So, you can use your available balance to work backwards to see the budget you have available for the trip and therefore the number of days you can afford to stay. Others have gotten their visa with a 500k balance but it’s better safe than sorry.

These are my thoughts and of course there have been exceptions to the rules, both positive and negative. All the best!

Ruby105:
Good evening house … please I am very very confused about something and I will be so glad if anyone can help me out with the best information I need , Am a business owner and my business is registered and I’d like to apply for uk tourist 6 month visa for myself and my child , I have a personal account and a business account, is it advisable I pay myself salary for 6 months or should I just use my business account or I use both account .. please help me with the best information, and If I don’t need to pay myself salary on my personal account do I just save money there randomly I am really confused and don’t know what to do …

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2022
Hello everyone. I have been a silent reader on this platform. Good job to everyone on here. Please I have a disturbing question, is it necessary/important one visit or book flight to the particular city that was filled in the visa application form. Please you guys should answer this, thank you

For instance, I filled in the form to visit London and will be spending my holidays there. But now I booked a flight to Manchester. Would I have an issue with them at the immigration
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by leef2022: 3:46pm On Feb 01, 2022
Ayodele112:
Hello everyone. I have been a silent reader on this platform. Good job to everyone on here. Please I have a disturbing question, is it necessary/important one visit or book flight to the particular city that was filled in the visa application form. Please you guys should answer this, thank you

For instance, I filled in the form to visit London and will be spending my holidays there. But now I booked a flight to Manchester. Would I have an issue with them at the immigration

No it is not, and you should have no problems with the immigration.
Enjoy your visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Feb 01, 2022
Thank you. That’s a great relief, I really appreciate. Because a travel agent was telling me some hours ago that he has been in the field for many years, that it is important to book flight to the city you filled in the visa application form. That the immigration have access to it and they will question why you are changing the place you filled before

leef2022:

No it is not, and you should have no problems with the immigration.
Enjoy your visit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by AskGod07: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2022
Good evening Amelia, I am silent reader on this great forum..

I have some questions to ask before I submit my application, my husband is the one wanted to sponsor my trip to UK for 12 days tourist visa.

Can he use his saving account to send the sponsorship fund into my account and submit his saving acct along with salary acct payslip etc?

Does it mean if he use his saving acct to sponsor my trip?

He's using the saving account for paying bills, receiving non business related payment, inshort is using it for saving and expenditure for general payment

AmeliaT:
1 Pay yourself a salary into your personal account every month and that should be the primary income there. Obviously, the salary should be a logical amount that's healthy and not eroding your business revenue/profit.
2 You Should present the personal and business account but make sure your business account is active on CAC.
3 Do not resort to inflation, sending through large deposits within the six-month period.
4 Spend as you normally would in your personal account, leaving some each month so that is accumulated to a healthy balance.
5 Review the statement first before you indicate your income, expenditure, and budget. Make sure the annual income matches the statement income. Annual income should ideally be X2 of your 6month statement. The expenditure should also follow the same principles.
6 Budget for the trip should ideally not exceed 2 months’ income. There is no hard and fast rule about this, but people have been rejected for a budget that was X4 their income.
7 However, ensure this budget covers your entire trip. Breakdown flight, accommodation, food, transport and a little bit for shopping and entertainment (not mandatory). Below is my personal budget guide which I came up with myself and is by no means prescriptive, but you can review, and tweak as needed. This will help guide to ensure your budget, length of trip and available balance are all in sync.
Flight- £564
Accommodation- £50/Day (unless you’re staying with a friend)
Food- £20/day
Transport- £10-15/day
Optional
Shopping- Variable
Entertainment- Variable
8 I personally advise that you try to ensure that the available balance in your account is 2X the budget for the trip. Because they expect that you have funds to go back to when you get back home. So, you can use your available balance to work backwards to see the budget you have available for the trip and therefore the number of days you can afford to stay. Others have gotten their visa with a 500k balance but it’s better safe than sorry.

These are my thoughts and of course there have been exceptions to the rules, both positive and negative. All the best!

(1) (2) (3) ... (764) (765) (766) (767) (768) (769) (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.