Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,238 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441212 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Green4(m): 4:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
i was at abuja Tls on monday, it was crowded, you need to be early enough.

Lunm:
Hi guys!

So I missed my initial appointment and TLS has not responded to any of my mails since.

What are my options?

I'm thinking of doing a walk-in tomorrow at Abuja TLS.
Who knows if it is possible. Also, is there a time for walk-in appointments?

Please help, thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Green4(m): 4:52pm On Sep 20, 2019
please i wanna ask this question, can i search and work with a uk standard tourist visa, during my stay.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fineyemi(m): 5:00pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good day everyone

I will like to make an enquiry about how to obtain an international passport to the UK.
Am been sponsored by some medical doctors in the UK because am having an health issue which has to do with my testis i.e banking of sperm

Please what kinda visa will i apply for because my sponsor is telling me to finish with my final semester in school.

And lastly, will i be able to work there or continue with my education b4 coming back cos right now, I really don't wanna come bk to Nigeria since am an orphan.

Thank you so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kenseT: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2019
The truth is that I don't even know nor do i remember the names and dob apportioned to me by the travel agent . I destroyed them all ( the false names and all) immediately I got my first US visa in 2014
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kenseT: 5:21pm On Sep 20, 2019
giselle237:
If you know you would get into trouble then what are you looking for there? A big case of false representation which they probably didn’t catch that time... Me I don’t understand you

Person see problem carry him two legs dey face there..
what if they catch you now and revisit your case? Seize the passport sef and then ban you on top
You can decide to come clean, however chances that they’ll still mete out their sanctions to you is laudably high

@giselle237
Truth be told,if it wld be a temporary ban( even up to10yrs),I really do not mind but if na to seize my passport,Ha! I go get problem o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
kenseT:

@giselle237
Truth be told,if it wld be a temporary ban( even up to10yrs),I really do not mind but if na to seize my passport,Ha! I go get problem o

You should have done a formal change of name when you were about to start using your real name, a change of name from your “agent given name” to your real name, it’s still not the right thing to do but you would have been covered.
I don’t know about the date of birth part.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

If they got your bio-metrics at that time then basically you are stuck dude!

What you can do is:

-Do a change of name from the (old to the new).
- Swear an affidavit for a new DOB ( old to new)
- sort the dates****

Attach old and new when making application with a letter to explain what has happened.

Good luck!

Brilliant idea right? How about going for blood infusion to add the list of your dubious ideas?

4 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Sep 20, 2019
Green4:
please i wanna ask this question, can i search and work with a uk standard tourist visa, during my stay.

Not legally possible and if you do it illegally its a life of slavery with no end to your nightmare.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:25pm On Sep 20, 2019
Suuz:

You should have done a formal change of name when you were about to start using your real name, a change of name from your “agent given name” to your real name, it’s still not the right thing to do but you would have been covered.

I'm going to ban BS out of everyone of you coming up with these wacky dubious ideas.

When you do change of name what happens to the biometric you submitted both during passport and visa application?

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:30pm On Sep 20, 2019
fineyemi:
Good day everyone

I will like to make an enquiry about how to obtain an international passport to the UK.
Am been sponsored by some medical doctors in the UK because am having an health issue which has to do with my testis i.e banking of sperm

Please what kinda visa will i apply for because my sponsor is telling me to finish with my final semester in school.

And lastly, will i be able to work there or continue with my education b4 coming back cos right now, I really don't wanna come bk to Nigeria since am an orphan.

Thank you so much

If somebody is kind enough to sponsor you to the UK for medical treatment don't mess it up by abusing your condition of visa.

If need to apply for standard visiting visa and under sub-type you select medical treatment

You can't work, study non live legally in the UK with such visa and it will be a slap on the face of those helping you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 7:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:

I'm going to ban BS out of everyone of you coming up with these wacky dubious ideas.

When you do change of name what happens to the biometric you submitted both during passport and visa application?

As you can see justwise, I did write and state that it wasn’t the right thing to do, so I don’t understand why you called me dubious. Don’t ban me, I didn’t mean to sound dubious in any way.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
Suuz:

As you can see justwise, I did write and state that it wasn’t the right thing to do, so I don’t understand why you called me dubious. Don’t ban me, I didn’t mean to sound dubious in any way.

You knew that and still went ahead to give such advice? Did the op asked you to help him with how to deceive the embassy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lbreeze: 7:43pm On Sep 20, 2019
thanks a lot.

giselle237:
You are a freelancer with a company and no close ties of monthly credits from this company as salary.
Yes u have a letter of introduction but what ties you to this company?
If u want to go the route of self employed you also would need to declare a monthly income which you urself state has not been perfectly done as the business is newly registered ... at least you should be able to point out an income you say you receive from your busienss/company in your bank statement
The treasury bills most times are viewed as investment and not readily available money... except you want to liquidate it for your application
In my opinion, irrespective of your circumstances every visa application must be able to prove that the applicant is not an intending overstayer so please look for stronger employment m, marital or property ties

I suggest you go through the thread to study means by which one could solidify ties to nigeria.. and then ask questions as the spirit leadeth thee
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fineyemi(m): 7:46pm On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:

If somebody is kind enough to sponsor you to the UK for medical treatment don't mess it up by abusing your condition of visa.

If need to apply for standard visiting visa and under sub-type you select medical treatment

You can't work, study non live legally in the UK with such visa and it will be a slap on the face of those helping you.
Thank you so much for your prompt response. I really appreciate your word of advise. How do I go about with the application for passport and the visa.
Can u shed more light on that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:47pm On Sep 20, 2019
1) do not overstay your visa
2) you can not work with that visa
3) you are not allowed access to public funds
4) don’t join terrorists etc

at checking in at airport, you need your international passport, flight details ... every other thing is at your discretion to carry for your trip.
5) at POE, you will fill out a card on arrival in uk and submit here... nothing serious... you pass your passport to them..
If they need any other confirmation you will be asked.. such as flight booking, hotel booking, how much you hve at hand for your trip..
Dont take it too serious. As long as you remain civil and law abiding you are good to go

Please for your own good at Murtala Mohammed Intl Airport do not act as a jjc if not immigration officers will use you for dinner and post dinner..
be smart and confident
You do not need any damn yellow fever card to travel to uk.. dont listen to them at MMIA too
Good luck. x

Dlaw6578:
Please how can someone use 6months uk visa without violate the visa rules and again what are the things someone need to go along with for checking in at the airport in nigeria and POE in UK? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:53pm On Sep 20, 2019
fineyemi:
Thank you so much for your prompt response. I really appreciate your word of advise. How do I go about with the application for passport and the visa.
Can u shed more light on that?

Get the info about passport application here https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

After that you can read this thread for visa application as there are a lot of info here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2019
Oga oooooooooooooooo...
I feel you want to test the efficiency of the system... as you dont mind 10 years ban wey you wan find with your hands and legs.

I don’t see someone with a valid US visa as you say trying to start a mess that could ruin their immigration history... Adonbelieveeeit!

If it’s true, then thy village people are working night shift too

kenseT:

@giselle237
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:

You knew that and still went ahead to give such advice? Did the op asked you to help him with how to deceive the embassy?

sad but I didn’t tell him to do it, I only said he should have done it in the past, na past tense I talk o cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2019
Suuz:

i tire for this kind advise ooo...
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kenseT: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2019
giselle237:
Oga oooooooooooooooo...
I feel you want to test the efficiency of the system... as you dont mind 10 years ban wey you wan find with your hands and legs.

I don’t see someone with a valid US visa as you say trying to start a mess that could ruin their immigration history... Adonbelieveeeit!

If it’s true, then thy village people are working night shift too

You don't seem to understand me. I want to clear this mess if I can. My worries are centered around the eventuality of these countries sharing Visa application data. See Canada and US ,Canada and Australia, UK and Ireland. Who knows what might happen in the future? staying away is not a problem but what if it happens and that is why I am ready for the ban as long as my passport is not seized and other traveling records not destroyed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
ijeshaoflondon:

i tire for this kind advise ooo...

You are looking for my trouble o angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thank you so much for your prompt response, let me just ship this in, is it normal if i use the 2weeks i filled in my application form and come back and go back and use another 3months? Please any ideal about it and i hope it wont affect me if i want to apply for another 2years
giselle237:
1) do not overstay your visa
2) you can not work with that visa
3) you are not allowed access to public funds
4) don’t join terrorists etc

at checking in at airport, you need your international passport, flight details ... every other thing is at your discretion to carry for your trip.
5) at POE, you will fill out a card on arrival in uk and submit here... nothing serious... you pass your passport to them..
If they need any other confirmation you will be asked.. such as flight booking, hotel booking, how much you hve at hand for your trip..
Dont take it too serious. As long as you remain civil and law abiding you are good to go

Please for your own good at Murtala Mohammed Intl Airport do not act as a jjc if not immigration officers will use you for dinner and post dinner..
be smart and confident
You do not need any damn yellow fever card to travel to uk.. dont listen to them at MMIA too
Good luck. x

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thank you so much for your prompt response, let me just ship this in, is it normal if i use the 2weeks i filled in my application form and come back and go back and use another 3months? Please any ideal about it and i hope it wont affect me if i want to apply for another 2years.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2019
Please any idea on this , is it normal if i use the 2weeks as i filled in my application form and come back and go back and use another 3months in UK? Please any ideal about it and i hope it wont affect me if i want to apply for another 2years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
do you have an employment in Nigeria?

Dlaw6578:
Please any idea on this , is it normal if i use the 2weeks as i filled in my application form and come back and go back and use another 3months in UK? Please any ideal about it and i hope it wont affect me if i want to apply for another 2years
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
Yes i do
giselle237:
do you have an employment in Nigeria?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2019
If they find out you altered your identity via a current or old passport, I think the passport might not be returned to you. NIS Abuja receives it.
It has happened to others.

kenseT:

You don't seem to understand me. I want to clear this mess if I can. My worries are centered around the eventuality of these countries sharing Visa application data. See Canada and US ,Canada and Australia, UK and Ireland. Who knows what might happen in the future? staying away is not a problem but what if it happens and that is why I am ready for the ban as long as my passport is not seized and other traveling records not destroyed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2019
How come you are able to abandon your employment in Nigeria for 3 whole months to go and stay in the uk?
You might be asked

Dlaw6578:
Yes i do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 9:18pm On Sep 20, 2019
You mean i maybe ask if i want to apply again for 2years?
giselle237:
How come you are able to abandon your employment in Nigeria for 3 whole months to go and stay in the uk?
You might be asked

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:

Brilliant idea right? How about going for blood infusion to add the list of your dubious ideas?

Going for a blood transfusion will be very unwise mr justwise!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
Broadenyourhori:

Going for a blood transfusion will be very unwise mr justwise!

You obliviously don't get it.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2019
Please any idea on this , is it normal if i use the 2weeks as i filled in my application form and come back and go back and use another 3months in UK? Please any ideal about it and i hope it wont affect me if i want to apply for another 2years.... please make una help me out with this abeg so that i can know what to do

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.