Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:17 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1441367 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 9:44pm On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:

You obliviously don't get it.

You got a sarcastic response for being sarcastic!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lululiscious(f): 9:45pm On Sep 20, 2019
Good evening. Please I want to make some enquiries.
So my aunt that stays in London with her family, adopted a baby here in Nigeria. Please what processes does she need to bring him over legally?

NB: She has all his adoption documents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2019
Dlaw6578:
Please any idea on this , is it normal if i use the 2weeks as i filled in my application form and come back and go back and use another 3months in UK? Please any ideal about it and i hope it wont affect me if i want to apply for another 2years.... please make una help me out with this abeg so that i can know what to do

1. Go back when?
2. What's the time gap between the 2 weeks and the 3 months?
3. Why would you spend 3 months in the UK after spending 2 weeks there, away from your workplace?

You should also bear in mind what a "visit" visa is. 3 months is a stretch for pleasure/tourism. Like someone asked earlier, what about your work in Nigeria within these 3 months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 11:49pm On Sep 20, 2019
Thats where am kind confused i will like to enter uk in november spend 2weeks and go back by feb 2020 ......pleaee someone should enlight me on how i can use it wisely .
BizBloke:

1. Go back when?
2. What's the time gap between the 2 weeks and the 3 months?
3. Why would you spend 3 months in the UK after spending 2 weeks there, away from your workplace?

You should also bear in mind what a "visit" visa is. 3 months is a stretch for pleasure/tourism. Like someone asked earlier, what about your work in Nigeria within these 3 months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:54am On Sep 21, 2019
you are allowed to use your visit visa for visits but its very advisable to stay away from staying long periods in UK just because you have a visa
.. in plain English your next visa application is most likely going to be refused because of a long stay(3 months) as you wud have proved to them by this long stay that your ties are not really to Nigeria and that you are the type to break immigration laws
In filling visa application forms NOW, the sections now clearly ask day of each visit into the uk and how long.. stay away from this ur 3 months idea,

go for short trips as many as 20 times but dont go and stay for 3 months

Dlaw6578:
Thats where am kind confused i will like to enter uk in november spend 2weeks and go back by feb 2020 ......pleaee someone should enlight me on how i can use it wisely .

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 5:01am On Sep 21, 2019
Thanks bro
giselle237:
you are allowed to use your visit visa for visits but its very advisable to stay away from staying long periods in UK just because you have a visa

.. in plain English your next visa application is most likely going to be refused because of a long stay(3 months) as you wud have proved to them by this long stay that your ties are not really to Nigeria and that you are the type to break immigration laws

In filling visa application forms NOW, the sections now clearly ask day of each visit into the uk and how long.. stay away from this ur 3 months idea,

go for short trips as many as 20 times but dont go and stay for 3 months

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tshoboy(m): 11:42am On Sep 21, 2019
Anyone with this info?
tshoboy:
My people, what’s the total cost for Tier 2 priority visa application and possible bank charges in USD. I want to use someone’s USD card to make payment and I want to be sure I have the complete amount on the card.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cynthia1722: 11:44am On Sep 21, 2019
Hello gurus, please my mum went for her biometrics on the 13th of September in Abuja and i paid for the priority service for her $400, i got an email on the same day that her application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre, but till now no email again,I will like to know if this is normal and when do i expect to hear from them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missrational: 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hello House

Please for those who used self service at tls VI, do I upload my document checklist on the website before I go for my appointment or do I take it along with me to the appointment?

I'm asking because it says on the form that I shouldn't sign it before my appointment but on the appointment confirmation email sent to me by TLS the checklist is not listed as one of the documents I should bring along for TLS

Thanks for your help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2019
Cynthia1722:
Hello gurus, please my mum went for her biometrics on the 13th of September in Abuja and i paid for the priority service for her $400, i got an email on the same day that her application has been sent to the Decision Making Centre, but till now no email again,I will like to know if this is normal and when do i expect to hear from them.

Priority: 5 working days.
20th, being yesterday, was the 5th working day from her biometrics day. Since this is peak period, it's normal & expected. I'd say give it somewhere within next week or thereabouts.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missrational: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
MadameW:
Yes I used self service and the documents I submitted are:
Employment: work ID, letter of introduction, 6 months payslips
Financial: bank statements (salary and savings)
Family: marriage certificate , child’ Birth certificate and passport data page
Accommodation: evidence of my house address a stated in my application (I used title document)
Travel and residency: passport data page
Others: letter of invitation from my sister in law, her passport bio data page
My Cover letter
Sponsor evidence:Husband’s property documents, payslips and employment documents

Hello MadameW, please did you also upload your checklist?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by fineyemi(m): 3:49pm On Sep 21, 2019
justwise:

Get the info about passport application here https://immigration.gov.ng/standard-passport/

After that you can read this thread for visa application as there are a lot of info here
Please am applying for passport into the UK. In the processing country, should i choose UK or Nigeria and I wanna know the price of the passport

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Wait wait just wait.
U are a nigerian so you are applying for your Nugerian International passport..
It is your travel document so that you can be identified when you make international travel..
So processing country is where u are going to pick up yur passport or travel document and that is Nigeria not United Kingdom. Fill Nigeria, choose your state where you reside example Lagos office caus thats where u will go to submit your application.
Fill d form carefully and ask any questions.
The cost will show at the end.
Ask any questions if u are getting confused

fineyemi:
Please am applying for passport into the UK. In the processing country, should i choose UK or Nigeria and I wanna know the price of the passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
fineyemi:

This got nothing to do with the UK, select Nigeria and the price should be in the same website.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Cynthia1722: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2019
BizBloke:

Priority: 5 working days.
20th, being yesterday, was the 5th working day from her biometrics day. Since this is peak period, it's normal & expected. I'd say give it somewhere within next week or thereabouts.

ok thank you, fingers crossed let me keep praying.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Shoyomi: 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good evening all,

Please I'll like to apply for a Visitor's visa to the UK (my first time to the UK but not my first for international travel). How can I go about it though I have siblings who are UK citizens?

Thank you for your sincere response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by isentropic(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2019
Please do I need to go with original documents to TLS ikeja after uploading the scanned copies on their website.i will be coming from far and dont want to be carrying original documents around.thanks for urgent response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
isentropic:
Please do I need to go with original documents to TLS ikeja after uploading the scanned copies on their website.i will be coming from far and dont want to be carrying original documents around.thanks for urgent response
U don't need to go with any copy at all since u have upload everything ..just ur international passport ..appointment confirm slip.. Visa application fee receipt thats all.best of luck

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by zakmus(m): 6:21am On Sep 22, 2019
Good morning all
I was refused a UK visit visa in August and I applied for a Swedish tourist visa which I was granted.
I want to fly British Airways cos they have the cheapest ticket to Sweden
My question is do I need a UK transit visa?
With the flight itinerary it will have a layover of 2 hours at Heathrow airport

Please need your response asap
Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:17am On Sep 22, 2019
zakmus:
Good morning all
I was refused a UK visit visa in August and I applied for a Swedish tourist visa which I was granted.

Thank you all

No you don't, the moment your flight landed at Heathrow airport you will be heading to boarding gate for your flight to Sweden. Heathrow airport is big so you need to start figuring out how to find your way to your connecting flight else you miss your flight.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Aibisoye0: 7:43am On Sep 22, 2019
Hello House,

Good morning.. I keep getting this unable to Validate order on the TLS site when payment is successful. Has anyone experienced this before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suspense12(m): 9:26am On Sep 22, 2019
Good day house, please I have these few questions.

My girlfriend was refused uk visa in July because of the fact that she didn't explain the other sources of funds in her account (this was the only reason given for the refusal). She works in a bank but the statement she submitted shows that she received other funds with her account which was not explained.

She wants to make another application this October but needs some clarifications.

1. She wants to travel by November, hope the 3months minimum application won't be an issue?

2. She has provided invoices, delivery note and receipts she obtained as these explains the sources of the funds in her account.

3. She has written a justification letter explaining the other source of income. She has also updated her information on the website explaining that she has a business she runs..though the business is not yet registered.

4. Can an unregistered business issue receipts..cos she is thinking of uploading receipts showing her business name or personal name?

5. She earns over 300k per month and she indicates that she wants to spend £2000 on the trip...is the money too much or little??

6. Initially she applied for 7days vacation but she wants to increase it to 14days

7. She has been able to shift her vacation at work and she has a letter to back it up.

What other documents can she attach ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cunlay007(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
Good day @all please a quick one
If you had tourist visa on your Passport and you decide to change the date of traveling stated in your application because of unforeseen reasons will you be denied at the point of entry due to change in itinerary ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by kunzzy4me(m): 1:41pm On Sep 22, 2019
zakmus:
Good morning all
Congrat bro on ur Swedish visa... Pls can u help to help someone to process the Swedish visa ..all supporting documents are available.. Thanks

Thank you all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Yuzee: 1:45pm On Sep 22, 2019
I have asked before and got no reply...I am asking again... Please be how much does priority Visa application cost(I mean to enable me get my passport in 1week). Please I want the actual cost for everything cos some one said she paid close to 200k and I read 108k from someone's timeline here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:29pm On Sep 22, 2019
www.gov.uk
Yuzee:
I have asked before and got no reply...I am asking again... Please be how much does priority Visa application cost(I mean to enable me get my passport in 1week). Please I want the actual cost for everything cos some one said she paid close to 200k and I read 108k from someone's timeline here.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 4:20pm On Sep 22, 2019
good day all...dis is my first time here but am amazed by d way this site is really helping..pls sirs I want to apply for a uk tourist visa by next week..but some is telling me dat I need to submit along with fight reservation. I was surprise by dis cus ve not come by anywhere here dat I need to submit a flight reservation. dats why I say I need to ask d masters here first..pls I will be waiting for ur replys thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 4:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
and also can I use my mastercard naira account to pay for my visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2019
Yes you can
luvlaja80:
and also can I use my mastercard naira account to pay for my visa fee.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ozymes: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
This helps the VO to determine your intended arrival date and intended departure date respectively sir
luvlaja80:
good day all...dis is my first time here but am amazed by d way this site is really helping..pls sirs I want to apply for a uk tourist visa by next week..but some is telling me dat I need to submit along with fight reservation. I was surprise by dis cus ve not come by anywhere here dat I need to submit a flight reservation. dats why I say I need to ask d masters here first..pls I will be waiting for ur replys thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:44pm On Sep 22, 2019
dont buy a flight ticket however you can attach a reservation to your application if you want.
Get free reservations online from klm and turkish airlines
luvlaja80:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 4:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
I dont think anyone gets outrightly denied entry because of change of travel date.. if at all anything, they’ll ask you of which you should open your mouth and answer..finish
cunlay007:
Good day @all please a quick one
If you had tourist visa on your Passport and you decide to change the date of traveling stated in your application because of unforeseen reasons will you be denied at the point of entry due to change in itinerary ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.