Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,866 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1447763 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 7:47pm On Sep 22, 2019
tanxs for answering my questions but I still need to disturb a little. thought I can do it on my own but I find it hard to make a ticket reservation..pls how do I go about it and I want to book a cheap ticket airline but I dont know how to make d reservation. pls guys do help out..so I can know d amout to put in my aeroplanes fee.. thank u all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2019
but is it compulsory I make d flight reservation becus I dont know how to go about it and I dont want any agent to do any fake one for me..someone is telling me to bring 10k for the reservation .is it a must a submit it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Dlaw6578: 8:23pm On Sep 22, 2019
Happy new week to all the guru in the house, when i was filling my application form my date of arrival is 15th december and come back to 9ja by 29th december which is 14days, my question is this can i go by 10th december and come back to 9ja 23 december or i travel in january next year, hope it wont affect me next time if i want to apply again, though i wont spend more than 2 weeks... someone should help me on this... thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by oluayebenz: 9:27pm On Sep 22, 2019
luvlaja80:
but is it compulsory I make d flight reservation becus I dont know how to go about it and I dont want any agent to do any fake one for me..someone is telling me to bring 10k for the reservation .is it a must a submit it

Flight reservation is not compulsory at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by arabambi123: 9:40pm On Sep 22, 2019
Please i just observed i made a mistake of the application of my child after submission.I selected pounds as currency instead of naira.Our own applications are correct.Does it really matter? or i can write a cover letter.Thanks for your urgent response
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beehandz(m): 10:05pm On Sep 22, 2019
After successfully paying for Assisted Services on TLS Website and I got a notification that Payment succesful, the page redirected me back to to TLS Website and i saw an error "Unable to validate order"

Meanwhile TLS updated their site yesterday and removed self service from the option due to several complains.

Please what do i need to do for the Unable to valide order.

Also, How can i link my daugther's application to her mum that she's applying with.

My daughter is 2years old. i'm filling her own application. (what do i write in amount she earns (its not accepting NGN 0 or GBP 0)) .
Also amount budget for the trip. I put same details i filled for my self there. (Is this correct?)
Lastly, My brother is an EU/ EEA resident permit holder which means he is my daughter's uncle but[b] ( see 2nd attached)[/b] no uncle in the option of relation in the UK. What can i fill

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nielbaba(m): 10:26pm On Sep 22, 2019
Good evening house, please i need details for spouse visa application, anyone with guideline
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2019
arabambi123:
Please i just observed i made a mistake of the application of my child after submission.I selected pounds as currency instead of naira.Our own applications are correct.Does it really matter? or i can write a cover letter.Thanks for your urgent response

Write a cover letter asap and also the space for additional information .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suspense12(m): 10:36pm On Sep 22, 2019
Please house, help me look into this

Suspense12:
Good day house, please I have these few questions.

My girlfriend was refused uk visa in July because of the fact that she didn't explain the other sources of funds in her account (this was the only reason given for the refusal). She works in a bank but the statement she submitted shows that she received other funds with her account which was not explained.

She wants to make another application this October but needs some clarifications.

1. She wants to travel by November, hope the 3months minimum application won't be an issue?

2. She has provided invoices, delivery note and receipts she obtained as these explains the sources of the funds in her account.

3. She has written a justification letter explaining the other source of income. She has also updated her information on the website explaining that she has a business she runs..though the business is not yet registered.

4. Can an unregistered business issue receipts..cos she is thinking of uploading receipts showing her business name or personal name?

5. She earns over 300k per month and she indicates that she wants to spend £2000 on the trip...is the money too much or little??

6. Initially she applied for 7days vacation but she wants to increase it to 14days

7. She has been able to shift her vacation at work and she has a letter to back it up.

What other documents can she attach ??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
luvlaja80:
tanxs for answering my questions but I still need to disturb a little. thought I can do it on my own but I find it hard to make a ticket reservation..pls how do I go about it and I want to book a cheap ticket airline but I dont know how to make d reservation. pls guys do help out..so I can know d amout to put in my aeroplanes fee.. thank u all.

You don't need flight reservation. You need a return ticket price for estimating your travel budget; check Cheapflights.com & Opodo.com. What you'd likely need is hotel reservation if you don't have a place to stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 11:00pm On Sep 22, 2019
Suspense12:
Good day house, please I have these few questions.

My girlfriend was refused uk visa in July because of the fact that she didn't explain the other sources of funds in her account (this was the only reason given for the refusal). She works in a bank but the statement she submitted shows that she received other funds with her account which was not explained.

She wants to make another application this October but needs some clarifications.

1. She wants to travel by November, hope the 3months minimum application won't be an issue?

2. She has provided invoices, delivery note and receipts she obtained as these explains the sources of the funds in her account.

3. She has written a justification letter explaining the other source of income. She has also updated her information on the website explaining that she has a business she runs..though the business is not yet registered.

4. Can an unregistered business issue receipts..cos she is thinking of uploading receipts showing her business name or personal name?

5. She earns over 300k per month and she indicates that she wants to spend £2000 on the trip...is the money too much or little??

6. Initially she applied for 7days vacation but she wants to increase it to 14days

7. She has been able to shift her vacation at work and she has a letter to back it up.

What other documents can she attach ??

1. No, it won't.

4. An unregistered business can issue receipts but is her business really issuing receipts as a front for the visa app or actually issuing receipts?

5. Her budget for this trip is roughly NGN900,000. So she wants to spend 3 months income on a 7/14 days trip. It doesn't sound right to me. And I doubt it'll fly with UKVI. She needs to reevaluate her budget for this trip.

6. Same as above. Why would she want to spend 3 months income on a 14 days trip? Red flag!

She should read through the pages here for the documents she needs to attach.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by buddie(m): 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2019
Hello Good people,
Is this okay for a 11days visit please?
Currently earn a bit above 400K monthly with a disposable income of 180,000

Below is the breakdown for my 11 days visit
Flight – 490
Hotel – 570
Feeding – 220
Sight-seeing - 120
Intra-city transport – 70
Miscellaneous – 30
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 12:57am On Sep 23, 2019
it is fine.. u can go ahead
Dlaw6578:
Happy new week to all the guru in the house, when i was filling my application form my date of arrival is 15th december and come back to 9ja by 29th december which is 14days, my question is this can i go by 10th december and come back to 9ja 23 december or i travel in january next year, hope it wont affect me next time if i want to apply again, though i wont spend more than 2 weeks... someone should help me on this... thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 1:03am On Sep 23, 2019
what currencies are these? And your hotel budget is much..
Miscellaneous, sight seeing, intra city transport budget are not compulsory to be mapped out... you can sum it up in one and write a lesser amount
redo your budget using 400000-180000... which is 220k x 2
Ur safe budget shudnt be more than twice ur disposable income.
My advice

Reduce your disposable income,
Look for a cheap hotel or hostel
Reduce trip to 6-9 days
Finally reduce total budget using disposable income x 2 as your yardstick

buddie:
Hello Good people,
Is this okay for a 11days visit please?
Currently earn a bit above 400K monthly with a disposable income of 180,000

Below is the breakdown for my 11 days visit
Flight – 490
Hotel – 570
Feeding – 220
Sight-seeing - 120
Intra-city transport – 70
Miscellaneous – 30

3 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 6:41am On Sep 23, 2019
good morning all...hope everybody nite is awesome..pls I want to ask is the cost of living expenses the same question as what is the cost to you personally of your trip...am a bit confused. thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 23, 2019
giselle237:
what currencies are these? And your hotel budget is much..
Miscellaneous, sight seeing, intra city transport budget are not compulsory to be mapped out... you can sum it up in one and write a lesser amount
redo your budget using 400000-180000... which is 220k x 2
Ur safe budget shudnt be more than twice ur disposable income.
My advice

Reduce your disposable income,
Look for a cheap hotel or hostel
Reduce trip to 6-9 days
Finally reduce total budget using disposable income x 2 as your yardstick

If this person will be paid leave allowance of about 300 - 400k.. The budget will definitely fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 23, 2019
BizBloke:

1. No, it won't.

4. An unregistered business can issue receipts but is her business really issuing receipts as a front for the visa app or actually issuing receipts?

5. Her budget for this trip is roughly NGN900,000. So she wants to spend 3 months income on a 7/14 days trip. It doesn't sound right to me. And I doubt it'll fly with UKVI. She needs to reevaluate her budget for this trip.

6. Same as above. Why would she want to spend 3 months income on a 14 days trip? Red flag!

She should read through the pages here for the documents she needs to attach.

Cheers!
If the applicant is entitled to a reasonable leave allowance, the budget is fine. With the leave allowance, only a small part of the monthly disposable income will be added to the trip budget and you will realize that the budget is just fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 7:39am On Sep 23, 2019
everything joined together is the cost of the trip
luvlaja80:
good morning all...hope everybody nite is awesome..pls I want to ask is the cost of living expenses the same question as what is the cost to you personally of your trip...am a bit confused. thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by folmus: 8:29am On Sep 23, 2019
dilodavid:
If this person will be paid leave allowance of about 300 - 400k.. The budget will definitely fly.

Why bringing subjunctive statement of ''If' into the equation, the person that asked question didn't provide any details as such as he has been adequately advised. Don't confuse the applicant.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by folmus: 8:32am On Sep 23, 2019
dilodavid:
If the applicant is entitled to a reasonable leave allowance, the budget is fine. With the leave allowance, only a small part of the monthly disposable income will be added to the trip budget and you will realize that the budget is just fine.

Spending more than 2 months salaries on a single trip is a redflag bro. The budget is not fine. Check those that have been denied with similar cases. Always stick to the info provided by the person asking the question. No mention of leave allowance. You will now spend more than 3 months salaries on a 14 day trip. RED FLAG.

2 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Broadenyourhori: 8:47am On Sep 23, 2019
Suspense12:
Please house, help me look into this

Everything seems fine until i worked out the estimated budget for 14 days holiday -

Let her apply for 7 days and reduce the cost to around N400k if possible. You have have to search for budgeted hotels and HOSTELS to reduce accommodation cost, miscellaneous can also drop - lots of free attractions (google is your friend)

Feeding - Max of £20/per day except she's a heavy eater.

She will be issued with 6 months anyway and if she wishes, she can extend her vacation once she's in the UK and has enough money for the extra days

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 8:49am On Sep 23, 2019
dilodavid:

If...!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 9:00am On Sep 23, 2019
pls all d Gurus in the house pls look into dis application before I submit if am on a good track, anywhere I need correction pls do tell me my salary is 230k.. my living cost is 50k..income given to family members is 10k..... total cost personally for d trip is 900 pounds. the cost of aeroplane is 223,405. cost of accommodation is my brother..cost of living expenes 1000 pounds(my brother want to support on dat) how much will be paying towards your trip 1000 pounds ( the money my brother want to support me with) the total amount in Gbp 1,900 pounds ( my personal cost and my brother cost) please all do help me recheck if I can go ahead and submit...waiting for reply.....Thank u all..thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 23, 2019
BizBloke:

If...!
Yes, and that's because some companies here in Nigeria don't pay leave allowance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 23, 2019
folmus:

Why bringing subjunctive statement of ''If' into the equation, the person that asked question didn't provide any details as such as he has been adequately advised. Don't confuse the applicant.
I just suggested how the budget could fly. By the way, are you the applicant? Follow my suggestion and you would be fine with that budget
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 9:44am On Sep 23, 2019
]pls all d Gurus in the house pls look into dis application before I submit if am on a good track, anywhere I need correction pls do tell me my salary is 230k.. my living cost is 50k..income given to family members is 10k..... total cost personally for d trip is 900 pounds. the cost of aeroplane is 223,405. cost of accommodation is my brother..cost of living expenes 1000 pounds(my brother want to support on dat) how much will be paying towards your trip 1000 pounds ( the money my brother want to support me with) the total amount in Gbp 1,900 pounds ( my personal cost and my brother cost) please all do help me recheck if I can go ahead and submit...waiting for reply.....Thank u all..thank u.pls am waiting for any response..I want to make d submission dis morning...any reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 9:51am On Sep 23, 2019
Beehandz:
After successfully paying for Assisted Services on TLS Website and I got a notification that Payment succesful, the page redirected me back to to TLS Website and i saw an error "Unable to validate order"

Meanwhile TLS updated their site yesterday and removed self service from the option due to several complains.

Please what do i need to do for the Unable to valide order.

Also, How can i link my daugther's application to her mum that she's applying with.

My daughter is 2years old. i'm filling her own application. (what do i write in amount she earns (its not accepting NGN 0 or GBP 0)) .
Also amount budget for the trip. I put same details i filled for my self there. (Is this correct?)
Lastly, My brother is an EU/ EEA resident permit holder which means he is my daughter's uncle but[b] ( see 2nd attached)[/b] no uncle in the option of relation in the UK. What can i fill

You can choose Other for the relationship
For your daughter's budget, try and estimate how much her ticket will cost and put it. You can put 1 in the budget for accommodation for her if it will not accept 0 (same with how much she earns) Then you explain in the cover letter
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 10:01am On Sep 23, 2019
u might succeed in confusing yourself and the ECO.
If ur brother is housing you and feeding you, a trip of 1900gbp is much..
Pls recheck wht you are filling .....
Please gurus pls help.
luvlaja80:
pls all d Gurus in the house pls look into dis application before I submit if am on a good track, anywhere I need correction pls do tell me my salary is 230k.. my living cost is 50k..income given to family members is 10k..... total cost personally for d trip is 900 pounds. the cost of aeroplane is 223,405. cost of accommodation is my brother..cost of living expenes 1000 pounds(my brother want to support on dat) how much will be paying towards your trip 1000 pounds ( the money my brother want to support me with) the total amount in Gbp 1,900 pounds ( my personal cost and my brother cost) please all do help me recheck if I can go ahead and submit...waiting for reply.....Thank u all..thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by folbimmartins: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2019
I got my visa approved, on a virgin passport. Here is my timeline
Biometric............ 23rd of August
Decision was made on .......... 17th of sept
Passport returned................. 20th of sept
Passport collected .............. 23rd of sept

6 Likes

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by wolex2090: 11:16am On Sep 23, 2019
Hello Good morning all,please I want to know if this is true,my agent told me there is no date available at the moment for UK visit...is this True?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 11:19am On Sep 23, 2019
the whole 1900 pounds is not from me..mine own personal cost is 909 pounds .....but my brother also want to support with 1000 pounds....or should he reduce wat he want to add to support...

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (770)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / USA Visit Visa Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.