Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (1452527 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (770) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 11:24am On Sep 23, 2019
pls just make a suggestion for me...I have 900 pounds for d cost of the trip, like how much can my brother support me with dat will look ok....pls quick reply plssss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Janechinem: 11:26am On Sep 23, 2019
folbimmartins:
I got my visa approved, on a virgin passport. Here is my timeline
Biometric............ 23rd of August
Decision was made on .......... 17th of sept
Passport returned................. 20th of sept
Passport collected .............. 23rd of sept

Please what are the documents submitted and how much was ur budget
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 11:43am On Sep 23, 2019
pls just make a suggestion for me...I have 900 pounds for d cost of the trip, like how much can my brother support me with dat will look ok....pls quick reply plssss can I say my brother is supporting with 500 pounds...pls I need a urgent response pls
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 11:54am On Sep 23, 2019
folbimmartins:

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Suuz: 11:55am On Sep 23, 2019
luvlaja80:
pls just make a suggestion for me...I have 900 pounds for d cost of the trip, like how much can my brother support me with dat will look ok....pls quick reply plssss

The 909 pounds is enough for your trip, make your trip 10days, your brother shouldn’t sponsor you with money, only use him for the accommodation section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
thank u..appreciate a whole lot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
Beehandz:
After successfully paying for Assisted Services on TLS Website and I got a notification that Payment succesful, the page redirected me back to to TLS Website and i saw an error "Unable to validate order"

Meanwhile TLS updated their site yesterday and removed self service from the option due to several complains.

Please what do i need to do for the Unable to valide order.

Also, How can i link my daugther's application to her mum that she's applying with.

My daughter is 2years old. i'm filling her own application. (what do i write in amount she earns (its not accepting NGN 0 or GBP 0)) .
Also amount budget for the trip. I put same details i filled for my self there. (Is this correct?)
Lastly, My brother is an EU/ EEA resident permit holder which means he is my daughter's uncle but[b] ( see 2nd attached)[/b] no uncle in the option of relation in the UK. What can i fill

I know somebody affected by this issue of unable to validate order too. How did you resolve it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by lehinme: 12:45pm On Sep 23, 2019
Good day all.Submitted and did biometrics on 28th Aug. Received mail from TLS same day informing my application has been transferred to UKVI.Received mail from UKHUBVisainfo that my application has been concluded on 17th Sept. Still awaiting mail from TLS for pickup. Is this normal? Mail from UKHUB is specific about waiting for mail from commercial partner which is TLS before collection
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 1:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
luvlaja80:
pls all d Gurus in the house pls look into dis application before I submit if am on a good track, anywhere I need correction pls do tell me my salary is 230k.. my living cost is 50k..income given to family members is 10k..... total cost personally for d trip is 900 pounds. the cost of aeroplane is 223,405. cost of accommodation is my brother..cost of living expenes 1000 pounds(my brother want to support on dat) how much will be paying towards your trip 1000 pounds ( the money my brother want to support me with) the total amount in Gbp 1,900 pounds ( my personal cost and my brother cost) please all do help me recheck if I can go ahead and submit...waiting for reply.....Thank u all..thank u

How long do you plan to spend in the UK? £1,000 is high for cost of living; since your brother will accommodate you, won't his support come in form of feeding as well? If his support will come in form of feeding as well, why would you spend £1,000 on living expenses?

What I think:
1. Specify the number of days you'll spend.
2. Find a daily expense figure that takes your brother's support (accommodation, feeding) into consideration.
3. Multiply by the number of days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
dilodavid:
Yes, and that's because some companies here in Nigeria don't pay leave allowance

I meant "if" is a conditionality & it wasn't specified by the individual who asked, so it's supposed his girlfriend won't get any leave allowance.

If he updates the information he provided with a "leave allowance" heads up, then that's a different ball game entirely - if the amount isn't NGN100,000 or lesser.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
folbimmartins:

Mine:

Biometric: 8th August
Decision was made on 27th August.

Passport still with them till date!

Have I done something wrong?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by missrational: 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
missrational:
Hello House

Please for those who used self service at tls VI, do I upload my document checklist on the website before I go for my appointment or do I take it along with me to the appointment?

I'm asking because it says on the form that I shouldn't sign it before my appointment but on the appointment confirmation email sent to me by TLS the checklist is not listed as one of the documents I should bring along for TLS

Thanks for your help

Hello all

Please does anyone have an answer to this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
Congrats can u share document submitted

folbimmartins:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
What kind of ducument u submitted and do u have travel history

Hope u. Don't have large lodgement

rman:

Mine:

Biometric: 8th August
Decision was made on 27th August.

Passport still with them till date!

Have I done something wrong?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by giselle237: 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
Please all..
whenever your passport gets to TLS they will contact you..
several people have written how sometimes their passports took up to 2 or 3 months to get back to them.
Nobody is yet to report a case of missing passport on this thread so y’all shud hold on
Stop undue panic.
Worst case, send them an email to complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
Blessings.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beehandz(m): 3:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
customised87:

You can choose Other for the relationship
For your daughter's budget, try and estimate how much her ticket will cost and put it. You can put 1 in the budget for accommodation for her if it will not accept 0 (same with how much she earns) Then you explain in the cover letter

I have not resolve the "unable to validate order" Sent a mail to TLS and yet to get a response

Please advice how to resolve this
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
missrational:

Hello all

I also need the answer. I dont know y most people are not answering like before.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by rman: 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
pufframmy:
What kind of ducument u submitted and do u have travel history

Hope u. Don't have large lodgement

I do have travel history but have not gone anywhere in 4 years.

I submitted basic stuff (Acct print out, employment letter, letter of introduction from employer, hotel booking and the TLS print out)

It is important I point out myself, wife and son all applied to go on vacation and we do not have the passports back since 8th August. I am the sole sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by BizBloke(m): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
missrational:

Hello all

Not sure about the uploading aspect but if it won't hurt your application to do so, why not upload it? Also, go with the checklist for your visa appointment because you do have to sign it there.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by luvlaja80: 4:07pm On Sep 23, 2019
I just finished filling my form. but I did not see any question on aeroplane cost or living expenses.. is like they ve change their format... so she I include all those in my cover letter..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by pufframmy: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2019
maybe u need to send a mail to them
rman:

I do have travel history but have not gone anywhere in 4 years.

I submitted basic stuff (Acct print out, employment letter, letter of introduction from employer, hotel booking and the TLS print out)

It is important I point out myself, wife and son all applied to go on vacation and we do not have the passports back since 8th August. I am the sole sponsor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cunlay007(m): 5:36pm On Sep 23, 2019
Pls gurus I received this mail today what dos it implies ?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by tmoneyluvsu: 6:06pm On Sep 23, 2019
tmoneyluvsu:
Good day wonderful people.
I was denied a tourist visa in 2017,i re-applied this year on the 17th of May with a balance of one million, five hundred and fifty thousand naira.
Travel budget 693k
Salary 325k
Biometrics 17th of May, 2019.
I got a mail that my application has been received, uptil now, no email from UKVI, I've called and sent emails.
Nb : my documents are legit, even asked my office if they've received any call or email from UKVI and they said NO.
Is anyone going through the same? This is becoming tiring.

Anyone with any idea of what I can do?
I've called and sent emails.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by ijeshaoflondon: 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2019
cunlay007:
Pls gurus I received this mail today what dos it implies ?

just to let you know that decision has been made on ur application but only God knows how long you have to wait. My friend got this same email on 16th September and till now ... nothing yet. Today gone already and no dispatch nor pickup mail yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Farrm22: 6:12pm On Sep 23, 2019
[quote author=tmoneyluvsu post=82497872]

I'm going through the same as well although I did my bometric on the 20th of may.. but they sent me an email two weeks ago to resubmit my documents which I did.. I believe they will surely get back to your bro you're not the only experiencing this..
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by cunlay007(m): 7:17pm On Sep 23, 2019
Did biometric on 4th Sept I hope this decision is favorable.

ijeshaoflondon:

just to let you know that decision has been made on ur application but only God knows how long you have to wait. My friend got this same email on 16th September and till now ... nothing yet. Today gone already and no dispatch nor pickup mail yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:20pm On Sep 23, 2019
tmoneyluvsu:
Good day wonderful people.
I was denied a tourist visa in 2017,i re-applied this year on the 17th of May with a balance of one million, five hundred and fifty thousand naira.
Travel budget 693k
Salary 325k
Biometrics 17th of May, 2019.
I got a mail that my application has been received, uptil now, no email from UKVI, I've called and sent emails.
Nb : my documents are legit, even asked my office if they've received any call or email from UKVI and they said NO.
Is anyone going through the same? This is becoming tiring.

You did not recieve a reply or talk to somebody when you called?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by customised87: 7:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
Beehandz:

I have not resolve the "unable to validate order" Sent a mail to TLS and yet to get a response

Please advice how to resolve this

That person has found a way around it. I think the normal.procedure is for you to pay the 10k for the assisted service on the day of your appointment at the venue. So it's a system error that redirected her to the payment page, the money will most likely be refunded.
She simply chose that very time again and she got a mail that she is to bring the 10k to her appointment with a copy of that mail.
That way, if her money isn't refunded, she ll just tell them at her appointment so she may not need to pay the 10k cash again.
Try it that way and let's see

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by buddie(m): 8:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Making those recommended changes right away..

Apart from Booking.com where else can i get to book cheaper hotels, the intended travel period is in November ending?

What date of arrival would my UK application carry in this below case? Date of departure from Lagos with layover in Dubai or date finally arrived in UK, bit confused with the date to use now really since I plan to cut the number of days to 9 days

giselle237:
what currencies are these? And your hotel budget is much..
Miscellaneous, sight seeing, intra city transport budget are not compulsory to be mapped out... you can sum it up in one and write a lesser amount
redo your budget using 400000-180000... which is 220k x 2
Ur safe budget shudnt be more than twice ur disposable income.
My advice

Reduce your disposable income,
Look for a cheap hotel or hostel
Reduce trip to 6-9 days
Finally reduce total budget using disposable income x 2 as your yardstick

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by Beehandz(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
customised87:

That person has found a way around it. I think the normal.procedure is for you to pay the 10k for the assisted service on the day of your appointment at the venue. So it's a system error that redirected her to the payment page, the money will most likely be refunded.
She simply chose that very time again and she got a mail that she is to bring the 10k to her appointment with a copy of that mail.
That way, if her money isn't refunded, she ll just tell them at her appointment so she may not need to pay the 10k cash again.
Try it that way and let's see

Will get back on this once sorted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 by buddie(m): 8:54pm On Sep 23, 2019
But since the leave allowance isnt started in the application, it is better to stick with the 2 times disposable income rule jeje.

Thanks to you guru in the house

dilodavid:
If the applicant is entitled to a reasonable leave allowance, the budget is fine. With the leave allowance, only a small part of the monthly disposable income will be added to the trip budget and you will realize that the budget is just fine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (770)

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.