Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,225 members, 7,815,284 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (41108 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by foolbuster: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Learn to start little.. 30k job is sumtin.. Dat won't stop you from looking out for other jobs..

Comparing wot dey pay in UK to nigeria is none of ur biz..

Even in some companies in nigeria, they pay some people high and some people low... same job role and same qualification ..

This type of reasoning is part of the problem of this country. I honestly dont blame you thou. Because hunger can reset somebody's comon sense and more than have the capacity to make you surrender your dignity.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by AntiWailer: 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2019
lilwetdick:

you look like you will be unemployed for ages. continue living in fantasy land.

When u av the right skill, 100k is even too small.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Benprass(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
AntiWailer:
As a graduate, any amount less than 100k should be unacceptable.
How much federal government dey pay.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Acidosis(m): 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2019
So much ignorance. BSc holders don't earn "minimum wage".

How can a Pharmacist start his career with the lowest wage? The minimum wage in any country means the lowest pay anyone should earn, usually an illiterate with no form of education.

Your counterparts in health Ministries start their career on L. 9 with a starting pay of over 150k. Can go as high as 300k after 5-6 years with the adjusted new minimum wage.

25 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2019
dominique:

If you know your worth you will never settle for less. A U.K. based company that has staff doing same job in the UK as one in Nigeria should not be paying such ridiculous amount. That company wants to capitalize on the unemployment situation in the country as well as graduates' desperation to secure employment.

foreign companies have been paying minimum wages in Nigeria for ages it is nothing new

even in chevron, the salary of a US staff is different from the salary of a Nigeria staff of the same role
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Blackfriday: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Learn to start little.. 30k job is sumtin.. Dat won't stop you from looking out for other jobs..

Even in some companies in nigeria, they pay some people high and some people low... same job role and same qualification ..
and what's wrong in him demanding an equal pay with his counterpart in the UK, never short change ur actual worth because u feel, u have to start small.

9 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jun 08, 2019
AntiWailer:

When u av the right skill, 100k is even too small.

right skills without experience does not give you more than 70-80k in most companies
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by subcbouy: 8:14pm On Jun 08, 2019
From my deduction, I think, the job is more of part time. If my guess is as much accurate, then, our economy would not satisfy op from taking the job. However, It is normal process for such part time in the UK, hourly stuff, which payment comes weekly.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Sluacoast(m): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
auntysimbiat:

Yeah he knows that too well. But he wasn't interested in the payment. I think why he obligated to the job at first was because it was coming from a firm abroad. You know that feeling na. You aim is that you'd be expecting something lucrative. I think the payment killed the morale

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
Blackfriday:
and what's wrong in him demanding an equal pay with his counterpart in the UK, never short change ur actual worth because u feel, u have to start small.

it is wrong... different standard of living...most foreign companies pay according to the wages of the country where they do business

no foreign company will pay you western standard of salary in Nigeria.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Grupo(m): 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2019
lilwetdick:

so what business are you doing... and lets imagine you are looking for jobs as a fresh graduate, where do you want to work that will pay you 150k as a fresh graduate without experience

Think outside the box bro. Today is only 8th of the month and I have already made more than 75k. So, by the end of the month, I'm already looking at more than 300k. And I just finished NYSC in 2017.

The problem is that most graduates are too fixated on being employees or job seekers. None wants to think outside the box.

As for fresh graduates earning 150k, I tell you it is possible. Some of my friends in the corporate world started earning around that in their first jobs.

26 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by samcus(m): 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nathdoug201:
My bet when remain 1 game to play now 9 dey my mind..
Just for Nigeria women to win Norway women
ve faith it will definitely come
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nathdoug201: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2019
Kusherman:

We go nack them 2-1 no shaking
2 bottles of star on you bro
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nathdoug201: 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
samcus:
ve faith it will definitely come
Amen
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
Grupo:

Think outside the box bro. Today is only 8yh of the month and I have already made more than 75k. So, by the end of the month, I'm already looking at more than 300k. And I just finished NYSC in 2017.

The problem is that most graduates are too fixated on being employees or job seekers. None wants to think outside the box.

As for fresh graduates earning 150k, I tell you it is possible. Some of my friends in the corporate world started earning around that in their first jobs.

as they say, it takes money to make money..you can think outside the box, when you dont have money to execute, it is just an idea.

the reality is this in Nigeria, only few young graduate earn 150k in Nigeria another reality is most companies will not like to pay a graduate with no experience 150k

13 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 08, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:
30k? Make i kuku continue my risk here with Bokoharam cheesy

This driver with an NGO keeps ranting on every thread that he works with an NGO and in d northeast. People that works with iNGO and earns well don't even talk.. Too much notice me undecided

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by PotatoSalad(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
Mehn, this is so sad.. A year after youth service and I haven't walked into any company to submit CV or face arrogant HRs. I don't even have a suit.
Thank God for life

12 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by kaymart: 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2019
Never have I worn a suit to any job interview.

7 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by bluefilm: 8:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I already have a stable job tho but I just thought of attending interviews with the aim of either greener pastures and to experience what most job seekers pass through. I'm a pharmacist though

The First was a job vacancy advertised on nairaland by an online firm in UK, they needed an online health rep.. The interview was on WhatsApp..They drilled me with so many research questions, gave me deadlines to submit and I always wowed them by submitting before deadline.. The interview process took about a week.. The next week..They called for salary negotiation..I was so excited but my excitement was cut short when they told me they're paying according to minimum wage..i was taken aback..even though I opted for part time..30000 wasn't cool because I knew their rep in uk won't be paid same wage..i told them that I should be paid same as the person working in uk since it's almost same job description but they said they'll pay according to country's minimum wage. I told them even a part time pharmacist cant earn such amount..she said Nigerians are obsessed with money..started giving entrepreneurship gospel bla bla..I just kuku lost interest..lol

But it's true.

Why are you Nigerians so obsessed with money?

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Indomie001: 8:26pm On Jun 08, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

After looking for Jobs with no success, we finally cut chain finish begin press... now Na Work dey find us, no be we dey find work again.

No more insufficient funds.

With the kind funds wey boys don see for street, any company HR wey no ready pay me 400k per month can go fvck himself. grin

Nmunna don empower... if you know, you know.
awon eyan nairamaley , continue o sad

5 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by philip0906(m): 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
bluefilm:

But it's true.

Why are you Nigerians so obsessed with money?
Because that’s what pays the bills. In the western world where they are “not so obsessed” with money, they have lots of support-government et al.

In Nigeria, you’re on your own and you have bills to pay.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2019
dominique:

If you know your worth you will never settle for less. A U.K. based company that has staff doing same job in the UK as one in Nigeria should not be paying such ridiculous amount. That company wants to capitalize on the unemployment situation in the country as well as graduates' desperation to secure employment.

Thank you Ma'am, I was just about to say this. 30k is not even 100 Pounds.

9 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Fidelismaria: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Mehn, this is so sad.. A year after youth service and I haven't walked into any company to submit CV or face arrogant HRs. I don't even have a suit.
Thank God for life

Cool

What business do you do?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Focusmind: 8:33pm On Jun 08, 2019
Op, as for th UK wanting to pay you different from what they pay commensurate position in UK is not that bad. Companies operating across borders pay staff based on the return from each country. A receptionist in UK may be earning £25k but this amount may be considered too much in Nigeria because the Nigerian subsidiary may not be profitable enough to afford to pay such in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Fidelismaria: 8:34pm On Jun 08, 2019
Grupo:

Think outside the box bro. Today is only 8th of the month and I have already made more than 75k. So, by the end of the month, I'm already looking at more than 300k. And I just finished NYSC in 2017.

I agree with thinking outside the box

What business are you into?

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by shop365: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2019
Focusmind:
Op, as for th UK wanting to pay you different from what they pay commensurate position in UK is not that bad. Companies operating across borders pay staff based on the return from each country. A receptionist in UK may be earning £25k but this amount may be considered too much in Nigeria because the Nigerian subsidiary may not be profitable enough to afford to pay such in Nigeria
didn't u see that he's a pharmacist.. which pharmacist in Nigeria earns 30k even as part time

14 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by twhy111(m): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2019
Grupo:

Bro help a brother nah, what are you really into that's is fetching you such amount?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by PotatoSalad(m): 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
Fidelismaria:

Cool

What business do you do?
Freelancing, tech, multimedia, content creator.

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2019
lilwetdick:

it is wrong... different standard of living...most foreign companies pay according to the wages of the country where they do business

no foreign company will pay you western standard of salary in Nigeria.

Ignorance is really holding you down.

5 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Offpoint1: 8:39pm On Jun 08, 2019
AntiWailer:
As a graduate, any amount less than 100k should be unacceptable.
As a graduate you should be able to establish your own company too naw, abi na only to come work under person dem dey teach for school ni?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by FlyingTOMATOE: 8:41pm On Jun 08, 2019
Nathdoug201:
My bet when remain 1 game to play now 9 dey my mind..
Just for Nigeria women to win Norway women
good news, Nigeria is already losing to Norway

So my brother, NoWay

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Interview Questions For Oil & Gas,engineering,telecommunication And Banking / Pwc Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme 2019 Thread / Npower - Just Received This Text Message From NPOWER

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.