Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. (41074 Views)

My Interview Experience At A Law Firm In Lekki / My Funny Interview Experience With A Foreign Firm / My Friend's Interview Experience With A Company In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by chloride6: 11:22pm On Jun 08, 2019
lilwetdick:

lot of gap.. a US chevron staff could earn $60,000 per year a Nigerian chevron staff might earn $20,000 per year and both of them doing the same role.

Exxon pays fresh grass 25M in Nigeria, and pays like 105k or so in the US.

Do the numbers and get back to me..

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Olivertwist1985: 11:24pm On Jun 08, 2019
Why dont you explain to them that, minimum wage doesn't mean everyone that start work fresh most be paid 30k.The 30k is for messager or gateman, professional like phermarcist is paid 300k for a job start.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by VillagePipu: 12:29am On Jun 09, 2019
truthsayer009:

BRO! I know people who earn as much as 3,000 US Dollars in Nigeria who work remotely for companies outside of the US & they live in Nigeria. Not that I heard from someone, I know them Face to Face.

Chevron doesn't pay the same International Rates, Yes. But they pay considerably very high, that even earning that same Salaries in US would be good enough for you. Imagine earning 800k in Nigeria in Chevron which is more than 2K USD in US. You are still doing very well.

Your knowledge is limited. So just rest abeg.

I was once on a project for an International charity in Abuja. My Project Lead was paid $12K per month. A job that we go 3 weeks on and 1 week off. Armoured Land cruiser for daily movement and helicopter trips when moving to the North.

He was working from home mostly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by deltateam: 12:34am On Jun 09, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I already have a stable job tho but I just thought of attending interviews with the aim of either greener pastures and to experience what most job seekers pass through. I'm a pharmacist though

The First was a job vacancy advertised on nairaland by an online firm in UK, they needed an online health rep.. The interview was on WhatsApp..They drilled me with so many research questions, gave me deadlines to submit and I always wowed them by submitting before deadline.. The interview process took about a week.. The next week..They called for salary negotiation..I was so excited but my excitement was cut short when they told me they're paying according to minimum wage..i was taken aback..even though I opted for part time..30000 wasn't cool because I knew their rep in uk won't be paid same wage..i told them that I should be paid same as the person working in uk since it's almost same job description but they said they'll pay according to country's minimum wage. I told them even a part time pharmacist cant earn such amount..she said Nigerians are obsessed with money..started giving entrepreneurship gospel bla bla..I just kuku lost interest..lol

That's their useless blackmail. When you demand better package, they will say you are obsessed with money.

Don't they have conscience?

Op but you should have told them to state an amount. Paying with minimum wage scale may not mean giving you #30000.

Who #30000 epp? Messengers, cleaners etc but not a graduate.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Toseenlove: 12:38am On Jun 09, 2019
lilwetdick:

I will free you because you dont know a clue of what you claim you are.. Programming is a practical job and needs practical experience for you to be skilled. infact most programmers in nigeria are self-taught, some dont even have degree in computer science but through learning and practise, they became very skilled in their trade.

Why are u confusing yourself like this ehn, The guy actually said same thing. Well english language can be complicated and difficult to comprehend at times lol.

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by deltateam: 12:41am On Jun 09, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Learn to start little.. 30k job is sumtin.. Dat won't stop you from looking out for other jobs..

Comparing wot dey pay in UK to nigeria is none of ur biz..

Even in some companies in nigeria, they pay some people high and some people low... same job role and same qualification ..

Keep quiet! Don't he have a family to carter for? Is #30000 enough for transportation, feeding, clothing, medical expenses, renting a flat, cartering for a wife, children? Do you live in the moon? He should manage in this present economy? Won't he buy a car, abi he won't marry even if single?

You are very wicked.

4 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by deltateam: 12:44am On Jun 09, 2019
No graduate should be paid anything less than #50000.

Minimum wage of #30000 doesn't concern graduates. It should be for ssce holders and unskilled, blue collar jobs in factories eg. push crate in coke.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Arkmanbuddy(m): 12:46am On Jun 09, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

After looking for Jobs with no success, we finally cut chain finish begin press... now Na Work dey find us, no be we dey find work again.

No more insufficient funds.

With the kind funds wey boys don see for street, any company HR wey no ready pay me 400k per month can go fvck himself. grin

Nmunna don empower... if you know, you know.

EFCC go soon catch you na.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 09, 2019
chloride6:

Exxon pays fresh grass 25M in Nigeria, and pays like 105k or so in the US.

Do the numbers and get back to me..

it is not only 25m it is 125m

you are living in fantasy world..continue deceiving yourself

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 1:00am On Jun 09, 2019
Toseenlove:

Why are u confusing yourself like this ehn, The guy actually said same thing. Well english language can be complicated and difficult to comprehend at times lol.

he didnt write the same thing, read what he wrote down and what i wrote down and see the difference

i wrote about having practical knowledge for you to be a skilled programmer, he wrote about just have a degree makes you a skilled programmer, they are 2 different things
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by rman: 1:26am On Jun 09, 2019
Ten06:

Paying according to minimum wage doesn't mean you will be paid 30k

God bless you!

I am shocked the OP and the first set of peeps responded did not figure that out.

4 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Jman06(m): 1:27am On Jun 09, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Learn to start little.. 30k job is sumtin.. Dat won't stop you from looking out for other jobs..

Even in some companies in nigeria, they pay some people high and some people low... same job role and same qualification ..
After suffering in pharmacy school you expect him to accept a 30k job

Thunder faya that company!

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Jman06(m): 1:43am On Jun 09, 2019
All these yeye companies should stop insulting pharmacists. If you know you are not ready to pay well, go and use the BSc guys you guys like using! At last you'll count your losses and maybe then you'll realize that it is better to pay a pharmacist who has the requisite knowledge and contacts to deliver required results.

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Brock1: 1:43am On Jun 09, 2019
deltateam:

Keep quiet! Don't he have a family to carter for? Is #30000 enough for transportation, feeding, clothing, medical expenses, renting a flat, cartering for a wife, children? Do you live in the moon? He should manage in this present economy? Won't he buy a car, abi he won't marry even if single?

You are very wicked.

D guy wicked , dats d common thinking of all this rich ppl , while they enjoy their own spoils. Naija is in mess because we don't have good leaders, population is growing rapidly and no commiserate resources to match it.

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by rman: 1:43am On Jun 09, 2019
Sirwallace:

Its ridiculous to even think the way that dude reason.

Tell you a story about our crazy nigerian people in the working environment.

i got a job as machine operator in one of those FMCG less than 2 months after NYSC and the job role specify I will operate and carry out maintenance on machine. I Did and passed the interview with the admin and I negotiated between 75-100k with the admin.

When I got to the head of the department I am assigned to, the proud and heartless HOD citing my CV and realised I dont really have the experience in the plant, cut that salary to 40k. I pleaded and bargain with him, told him I was negotiating between 75 and 100k with the admin. He refuted and clearly stated he can approve nothing more than 40k. To add 10k hard this man as if he is the one paying the salary.

All in the name of little beginning like that guy said, I took the meagre salary and started working.
Guess what, I was being used more or less as a factory worker. Nothing to add to my experience. I regret taking the job.

We should be mindful of what we want for ourselves. Years of little beginning would have made sense if you are getting experience and not just working for some peanut.

By the way, I am leaving the job next month.
I didn't spend close to 7 years studying engineering in this crazy country plus NYSC to be used as factory worker.

Please leave immediately if don’t have immediate financial issues
Your beginning was exactly like mine almost 12 years ago. I studied engineering too and got a job almost immediately after NYSC for 25k a month.
I resumed and was basically been used as a factory worker, I left just after two weeks!
Almost a month later, I was successful in an interview process with a telecoms servicing firm, 6 months into that role , I joined one of the main guys earning more than 250k a month.

See the big difference knowing your worth can make. The guys I left behind did not acquire any specific skills and spent almost 7 years without anything to show.

Know your worth but you must also be ready to defend the wages you ask for in terms of service

6 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 1:50am On Jun 09, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

After looking for Jobs with no success, we finally cut chain finish begin press... now Na Work dey find us, no be we dey find work again.

With the kind funds wey boys don see for street, any company HR wey no ready pay me 400k per month can go fvck himself. grin

aboki ti se dollar.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by wickyyolo: 2:16am On Jun 09, 2019
Craigslists:
Lol

Naso! grin
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 2:26am On Jun 09, 2019
lilwetdick:

foreign companies have been paying minimum wages in Nigeria for ages it is nothing new

even in chevron, the salary of a US staff is different from the salary of a Nigeria staff of the same role
do you know the meaning of a minimum wage?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by dingbang(m): 2:54am On Jun 09, 2019
Focusmind:
Op, as for th UK wanting to pay you different from what they pay commensurate position in UK is not that bad. Companies operating across borders pay staff based on the return from each country. A receptionist in UK may be earning £25k but this amount may be considered too much in Nigeria because the Nigerian subsidiary may not be profitable enough to afford to pay such in Nigeria
wow, really!
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by xyz123456: 4:03am On Jun 09, 2019
VillagePipu:

I was once on a project for an International charity in Abuja. My Project Lead was paid $12K per month. A job that we go 3 weeks on and 1 week off. Armoured Land cruiser for daily movement and helicopter trips when moving to the North.

He was working from home mostly.

From my experience, some tech startup especially in the west will pay almost same amount to their developers no matter the location. It's not necessarily correct the cost of living in Nigeria is less than in advanced country, It depends. There are some things you can not put price on. A chance to get passport, better security, better school and better chance for your kids.
If you are the type like me who don't like show off and love silent life, Nigeria might not be the best place. I got an interview a while ago, with a firm and the chance to work remotely from Nigeria with a salary of about $5000. It was a very good offer and my some of my Nigeria friends were advising me to relocate telling me Nigeria is sweet and I can run things in 9ja.
I asked them explicitly whats sweet in Nigeria?? I don't like partying, I am not freaked by special cars, no much difference between $20,000 car and $200,000 car in my mind l. Once the car is decent for me it's ok.
So some of us just like simple life and are not materialistic. And when I have an income that's enough for me for basic living, life is good

5 Likes

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:39am On Jun 09, 2019
auntysimbiat:

Aunty! So if the minimum wage was to be N10,000 you will still give this kind yeye wicked advice.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by chloride6: 5:07am On Jun 09, 2019
lilwetdick:

it is not only 25m it is 125m

you are living in fantasy world..continue deceiving yourself

Bye
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by deltateam: 5:48am On Jun 09, 2019
Olivertwist1985:
Why dont you explain to them that, minimum wage doesn't mean everyone that start work fresh most be paid 30k.The 30k is for messager or gateman, professional like phermarcist is paid 300k for a job start.

The first rule states that when in doubt ask.

A question like; "Sir, what exactly would that be?" is not out of place.

Its better to allow them state a price from my experience and then negotiate from there.
If it doesn't work out, you can bounce especially when you know your worth.
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by deltateam: 5:55am On Jun 09, 2019
samcus:
ve faith it will definitely come

In your dreams?
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by deltateam: 5:59am On Jun 09, 2019
PotatoSalad:
Mehn, this is so sad.. A year after youth service and I haven't walked into any company to submit CV or face arrogant HRs. I don't even have a suit.
Thank God for life

It depends on the course you read. Some courses have higher employability rates than others. Some courses have high prestige though but are over saturated thus high competition.

Everyone needs guidance counseling before picking a course.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Heffe: 6:45am On Jun 09, 2019
Grupo:

Think outside the box bro. Today is only 8th of the month and I have already made more than 75k. So, by the end of the month, I'm already looking at more than 300k. And I just finished NYSC in 2017.

The problem is that most graduates are too fixated on being employees or job seekers. None wants to think outside the box.

As for fresh graduates earning 150k, I tell you it is possible. Some of my friends in the corporate world started earning around that in their first jobs.
Bro pls help some of us think outside the box,
I finished NYSC in 2017 too, no job or serious hustle sinse then! I'm a fast learner bro..you won't be disappointed
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by bcashy: 6:52am On Jun 09, 2019
Nathdoug201:
My bet when remain 1 game to play now 9 dey my mind..
Just for Nigeria women to win Norway women

E don cast grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Heffe: 7:03am On Jun 09, 2019
heybeemoney:

team Maiduguri.... we re together brother... no shaking
Bros help a brother pls
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 09, 2019
SamuelAnyawu:

Naah i don't drive. I'm a daily worker enumerator

Mtsheww.. Daily worker with MSF OCP sef kiss

You are not even on contract and u are this boastful
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:14am On Jun 09, 2019
Karatum:

Mtsheww.. Daily worker with MSF OCP sef kiss

You are not even on contract and u are this boastful

Lol an Igbo dude like me could be a daily worker since 2016 till date? grin

Nah i don't apply MSF or Solidarity International. They are not in the League
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 09, 2019
Smarte724:
Let me share my own here, went for an interview, spent the whole day at the venue, was the last to be interviewed, the HR went through my cv and credential and told me that to be honest, that I suppose to be the most qualified for the job, but her hands are tired at the moment, she started asking me y I came last, I told her that I didn't want to argue with other applicant, that I went out to buy a bottle of water, when I came back they hv shifted my bag to the last chair, I comfortable went there seat and relaxed, that was the reason I was the last to enter her office, she said that her hand are tired at the moment, that there was nothing she could do, I thank her and walked out, I was at the get leaving the premises,the receptionist ran after me and said that they re calling me, I became hopeful, I went back there they ask me y I want to leave my former place of work, I told them that it is personer, they said OK, that I can go, I left there, after a week she called and said that the CEO want to see me, I told her that I was not in town,

Bro that was really Coool!!!!!, You have my deepest respect & I assure you an extremely good job is on its way to you
Re: My Sad Interview Experience This Week.. by VNOS(m): 8:13am On Jun 09, 2019
frankyskyboi:
I already have a stable job tho but I just thought of attending interviews with the aim of either greener pastures and to experience what most job seekers pass through. I'm a pharmacist though

The First was a job vacancy advertised on nairaland by an online firm in UK, they needed an online health rep.. The interview was on WhatsApp..They drilled me with so many research questions, gave me deadlines to submit and I always wowed them by submitting before deadline.. The interview process took about a week.. The next week..They called for salary negotiation..I was so excited but my excitement was cut short when they told me they're paying according to minimum wage..i was taken aback..even though I opted for part time..30000 wasn't cool because I knew their rep in uk won't be paid same wage..i told them that I should be paid same as the person working in uk since it's almost same job description but they said they'll pay according to country's minimum wage. I told them even a part time pharmacist cant earn such amount..she said Nigerians are obsessed with money..started giving entrepreneurship gospel bla bla..I just kuku lost interest..lol

Mstcheeeeeeww! Common side biz that I do off and on can usually give more than 100k in LESS than 1month not to talk of 30k to a graduate pharmacist with experience for that matter. The company is not serious at all. Good thing he ignored them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo!!! How Many Of You Have Experienced This / Interview Questions For Oil & Gas,engineering,telecommunication And Banking / Pwc Graduate Tax Apprenticeship Programme 2019 Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.