Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (51646 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Suspect33(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2019
segzyndpep:

You are very correct,i wish i can disappear to that country,just that its far.but i heard new zealand is better rout if your target is australia,whats ur opinion?
As this canada shit they cause holdup
yeah, New Zealand is also cool and close to Australia so processing your visa or pr would be relatively easier, and oh yes Canada hold up no be here, in no distant time they would increase their requirements or might even completely close the express entry route
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 17, 2019
segzyndpep:

Well if you have a master and you are below 30years i think you have a high chance too..
We are hoping they bring it down when i pass my ielts.
But canada na d best for now though just that the influx is much

Do you have a masters? Problem is if you chase a masters now, your age will be increased before 2 years masters is completed.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by delerx(m): 9:31am On Jun 17, 2019
Thanks for the information
. There are some schs in Canada without you writing IELTS. Eg memorial uni but are expensive...
segzyndpep:

I read on instablog that a lady wrote canada school that how bad it is for her to write ielts when she actually did english all through her schooling.
So i believe its better you write school,This way they will waive it.Just do it,Dont go for the popular schools okay.If i have money for school i will find my way around it also
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2019
delerx:
Thanks for the information
. There are some schs in Canada without you writing IELTS. Eg memorial uni but are expensive...

Hmmm if you can afford it then go for it sir
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 9:42am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

Do you have a masters? Problem is if you chase a masters now, your age will be increased before 2 years masters is completed.

I will complete my master august,but i already include it oo still i couldnt meet up 450 and am just 33 years.Man is not old na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 9:44am On Jun 17, 2019
Suspect33:
yeah, New Zealand is also cool and close to Australia so processing your visa or pr would be relatively easier, and oh yes Canada hold up no be here, in no distant time they would increase their requirements or might even completely close the express entry route

Worse come to worse will migrate to new zealand or germany
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Yungmilio2(m): 3:53pm On Jun 17, 2019
maxiuc:
that's why I was surprised
Bro I sent a DM. Kindly check
Thanks
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by omolomolarinero: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
delerx:
Can my family join me in the aforementioned countries?
Everything is possible although it's not gonna be easy

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Flytime: 4:31pm On Jun 17, 2019
4mykids:
Thank you.

Try Canada go to the Canadian e pressed entry thread for information you would be helped there
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Hadampson(m): 4:56pm On Jun 17, 2019
bellong:

When the word Visitor is attached to a visa, it doesn't have any working right whatsoever. Only him knows where he got his idea from.

There are other temporary visa with working rights which may also have limitations but visitor's visa is definitely not one of them.

Thank you very much sir smiley

4mykids, don't be deceived, you have heard it from the boss
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by nurez305(m): 5:32pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sarang:

Come first, there are jobs.
Thank you for your reply. I hope is not menial work like cleaning and doing Shitty work?
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sarang:

[s]
He meant if you relocated the right way you’d have had the right to work or your friends, that is getting SSN. Not just as a visitor, visitors are not allowed to work But students are. Workers are too. If you are one of these, you will eventually find a job. But no you couldn’t work because you don’t have the right authorization is what he meant and rightly so. That’s illegitimate!

Now tell me, How did you relocate?[/s]

It is always advisable to read first, understand the subject in discuss and then make your contributions.

If you had taken your time to read my first comment on this post as well as my response to the commenter you are holding brief for, then you won't have proceeded to make the canceled comments above because it was riddled with incorrect assertions which could have been averted only if you did read my first post.

Just a little education for you, not every student Visa automatically Grant's you a work permit authorization here in United states.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2019
byrron:

It is always advisable to read first, understand the subject in discuss and then make your contributions.

If you had taken your time to read my first comment on this post as well as my response to the commenter you are holding brief for, then you won't have proceeded to make the canceled comments above because it was riddled with incorrect assertions which could have been averted only if you did read my first post.

Just a little education for you, not every student Visa automatically Grant's you a work permit authorization here in United states.

I see. Thanks for correction. But you still haven’t told me how you migrated
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2019
nurez305:
Thank you for your reply. I hope is not menial work like cleaning and doing Shitty work?

Well if you expect to become the president once you arrive here. You better stay there cos there is no need cos yea you gonn’ do shitty jobs first cos no one recognizes your Nigerian Degree, masters or Ph.D or whatever you have.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by nurez305(m): 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2019
Sarang:

Well if you expect to become the president once you arrive here. You better stay there cos there is no need cos yea you gonn’ do shitty jobs first cos no one recognizes your Nigerian Degree, masters or Ph.D or whatever you have.
job like?
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 18, 2019
Sarang:

I see. Thanks for correction. But you still haven’t told me how you migrated

I'm not under any obligation to do that.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 4:52am On Jun 18, 2019
byrron:

I'm not under any obligation to do that.

You are not nor would you because it was probably illegal. You see? I was right all along

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2019
Sarang:

You are not nor would you because it was probably illegal. You see? I was right all along

I have got no time for kids here. If you where mentally matured enough and rational, then you won't condescend to this level of childishness which is the typical characteristic of lots of kids like you roaming on this platform.

If you still can't comprehend what I meant by " My relocation was stress free" then I can't help you and if that is what constitutes illegality to you then I can only sympathize with your comprehension deficiencies.

Grow up.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2019
byrron:

I have got no time for kids here. If you where mentally matured enough and rational, then you won't condescend to this level of childishness which is the typical characteristic of lots of kids like you roaming on this platform.

If you still can't comprehend what I meant by " My relocation was stress free" then I can't help you and if that is what constitutes illegality to you then I can only sympathize with your comprehension deficiencies.

Grow up.

I am growing since am a kid. I wish you all best. Trying to insult you is a waste of my time. Stay safe
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Usanga35: 1:07am On Jun 19, 2019
Hello fam....
All my brothers are UK citizens ....Am still pursuing my bsc in Nigeria planning to move to Uk as well after my program .....please i want to ask ...wil I be granted visa easily courtesy d fact that my siblings are uk based citizens ..........I ask this cos i heard that obtaining visa is hard...

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by dwas: 4:50am On Jun 19, 2019
Cyberknight:
I see this topic has made it to the front page, which is fitting, because I'm sure there are a lot of us Nigerians in your shoes, with varying degrees of a desire to check out like Andrew.

I will add one other thing to what I said earlier - checking out (excuse the 1980's reference) is doable, but with your children as a package, rendered more difficult. I strongly advise you to take a trip to your preferred destination or indeed any developed western country and look around and/or put your ear to the ground.

Life is organised and regulated, but not easy. It is perfectly common to see people living in the urban centres (and as a fresh immigrant you must live in an urban centre because that's where most of the jobs and the racial tolerance are) who are working but can't cover their (especially housing) bills and end up as the "working poor". Homelessness is never too far away in such cases, because you know the way the oyibo system is - family ties don't work the way they do here - and unless you have guaranteed accommodation, it is oh-so-easy to end up knocking on the door of a church for a place to sleep even while you have a pay cheque in your pocket.

And also, while we always hope for the best, we always are advised to contemplate the worst. If things take a (hopefully temporary) downturn at some point in one's life over there, it's easier to seek help alone, maybe crash in a church or on a friend or coworker's couch for a few days, than if you had 2 children in tow. Etcetera.

When things look bleak for a while, sometimes depression and other mental conditions are not too far away. In a foreign land, without support and with two dependent children to deal with, it can be easy to succumb.

This is not to discourage you but to get you to look at your alternatives clearly. Also, I see that you are divorced. You have to get their father's consent to relocate with them legally, so you might want to start working on that too.

Lastly, I've 3 children of my own. I'm not female, but saying that men think differently about such situations than women is only true to the extent that I would leave my children behind if I were you.

Not because I love them any less than their mother, but because I'm operating on cold hard reason and not emotion and realise that, just like when the aircraft instructions tell you to put on your own oxygen mask before helping any young child who cannot do so themselves, you can only help your children if you yourself are alive, and in a condition to do so, and the best way to achieve that is not to over-encumber yourself.
Well said
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Omorwumi: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
ZombieTERROR:
God punish any one who voted for this wicked government and wants to japa....
lolzzz � �
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Mizwisdom(f): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2019
I hope 4mykids has decided to move to Canada or Australia, I will advice you to GI first before taking your kids
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Mizwisdom(f): 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
I hope 4mykids has decided to move to Canada or Australia, I will advice you to go first before taking your kids
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2019
Mizwisdom:
I hope 4mykids has decided to move to Canada or Australia, I will advice you to go first before taking your kids
Those destinations are very expensive to move to if she does not have the cash.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Dialectics: 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2019
In my opinion, the best way to relocate to a foreign country is through a job offer when you are still in your own country. Nurses are the most prevalant beneficiaries of this method. The company offering you the job will take care of all the details and if you prove yourself, will even file PR for you after a few years. Second choice is by getting admission to a school to complete a degree program. This could ultimately lead to a job offer when you graduate and then PR through company sponsorship. Third choice is getting immedialte PR through a visa lottery, express entry or family ties. Notice that I have given a higher ranking to the possesion of a skilled job, or being on the path to getting one, than having the actual PR in hand. Many Nigerians have found this out the hard way by getting a PR through lottery or express entry then facing difficulties getting professional jobs when they relocate due to the fact that their qualifications are not recognized or they have no working expereince in the country.

My advice to the OP is this. If you want to be truely successful when you relolcate, make sure you have immediately employable/marketable skills beforee you go. Or prepare to go back to school immediately to upgrade your qualifications so that you can break into the professional cardre as soon as possible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
A job in a foreign country will never make you rich. I had some discussions with Nigerian guys now in Canada lamenting about the cost of living. Except few specialized jobs, you will be living from paycheck to paycheck.

3 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Ugosample(m): 7:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
EMMAACHILE:
A job in a foreign country will never make you rich. I had some discussions with Nigerian guys now in Canada lamenting about the cost of living. Except few specialized jobs, you will be living from paycheck to paycheck.

what is with Nigerians with their obsessions for being rich

excessive obsession for wealth is a sign of a failed country and a failed society

As long as you are doing fine and can pay your bills and still have a 401K
what's with the obsession for being "rich" ?

Nigeria people sef

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Trucks Collide With Bus In Lagos. 2 Women Killed, Six Injured (Disturbing Pix) / What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) / The Beauty Of Ilorin International Airport, Kwara (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.