Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:49 PM

A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas (51613 Views)

Why Do Most Wealthy Nigerians Prefer To Live In Nigeria Than To Relocate Abroad? / Family Regrets Selling House And Borrowing Money To Relocate Abroad,Now Stranded / How Do I Relocate Abroad. HELP!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2019
truthsayer009:

My BRO, na only you make sense wella in this post. Illegal immigration is fvcking hard & people keep encouraging others to do so. At the end of the day, all that matters is how much you can save while working. That you are abroad and snaping pictures for IG dont really tell the true picture.

Biko we gaz linkup abeg!

No qualms
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 16, 2019
Me sef wan leave this country....money never come sef but man no get choice other than to work towards that....
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by bellong: 11:23pm On Jun 16, 2019
Hadampson:

Okay sir

Oga bellong is it true

When the word Visitor is attached to a visa, it doesn't have any working right whatsoever. Only him knows where he got his idea from.

There are other temporary visa with working rights which may also have limitations but visitor's visa is definitely not one of them.

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by peacengine(m): 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2019
4mykids:
My kids are 8 and 6. I was actually married and went through a bitter divorce last year. Before then we had been seperated for some years.
My kids came out of this union scarred and are very jumpy whenever anyone yells or seems angry...
Thankfully, I was given custody by the court.

I just feel a different environment would help them...help us greatly. Probably help them not look over their shoulders too often.

As I said earlier, they are my motivation for going on so leaving them behind is really out of it for me.

Women make decisions based on feelings but a man will think most times. Better think ma'am, go to Ghana instead, but you must have a source of income or guys go chop u tire

1 Like

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by 4koff: 12:03am On Jun 17, 2019
Flytime:

Why don't you want to learn from others mistake how does there marriage affairs have to do with you

You just answered your question yourself.......To Learn from others or give advice.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:10am On Jun 17, 2019
smartkester:
all of you are shouting canada like its that easy. Their express entry has become overly competitive now,if you dont get a point above 460 you cant enter pool. In general any one migrating using exprese entry would spend nothing less than #5M

She said there is finance and no using express entry will likely spend 2-3million. You want her to think Cotonou before?! I only made a suggestion
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:12am On Jun 17, 2019
TempleHouse:
Stop wasting time seeking advice from people who have never travelled or experienced what it meant to be living abroad.
No country wants you as a single parent even if you have a required skills and your kids won't have opportunity beyond secondary education.
You will not be granted valid immigration papers to enable you settle down to work apart from the cost of taking care of your two kids.
Things have changed now and thus the reasons many immigrants are now illegal and the shame of coming back to Nigeria is a big burden to bear.
Besides, you need a valid documents and reasons to secure a travelling visa to your preferred destination.
But if you choose to relocate travelling through the Deserts, Borders Agents, Traffickers etc,then you're doomed as they will collect your money, raped and sold you off as a sex slaves.
However, the choice is yours.

Are you the one who hasn’t travelled? Sounds like it. Who cares if she is single or not. No country actually maybe Nigeria. Other countries wants people and kids are the best!
Canada pay you for your kids. Canada gives them free education till high school and free health care anytime. It’s cold yea but there are warmer climates like Ontario and Vancouver. Think Canada!

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:17am On Jun 17, 2019
oluwaahmed:

My brother do your research, Australia officers different classes of visting visa. There's work visa, that's ones similar to express entry, then visiting visa where u can work as u visit. Research bro

Really? Tell me more. Can you send a link to me? Someone I know needs to know
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:27am On Jun 17, 2019
goshen26:

Hairdressing
Nurse (but u will attend their school to be certified there)
Barber
Plumbing etc

I have a family friend (a couple) that are enjoying there by running a restaurant

In Canada, you need to be certified for all of these you listed above, i.e you need to go to school not long though. But yes, it is a good one
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:30am On Jun 17, 2019
nurez305:
I have HND and I will love to migrate to Canada. What is my faith in getting something doing over there?

Please help me with some information if it is better for me to try it or not to bother waste any money

Come first, there are jobs.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:35am On Jun 17, 2019
cvibe2:

You relocated the wrong way

A family I know just relocated the right way. The lady applied for nursing job from Nigeria. She was employed after all the usual exchanges, etc. The company applied for work permit for the family.. wife husband and kids in Nigeria, and they were given.

Now tell me, will the family have any issues enjoying the relocation? Absolutely not!

So, OP, if you want to relocate, relocate the right way so that you can enjoy the fun of your relocation.

My take!

Correct!
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Sarang(f): 2:38am On Jun 17, 2019
byrron:

Kindly point out to me where I started that I relocated the wrong way? My relocation was hazard free because of due diligence which I stated that I never had a bumpy ride and I also shared an experience of 3 different families I know of that had good paying jobs back in Nigeria then before relocating and they still haven't found their bearing till this moment.

People's experiences differ and there can never be a universal experience for everyone which is why we need to learn from other people's experiences so as to plan wisely and then make an informed decision.

Kindly read what I stated earlier again and make corrections on misrepresentations of what I stated.

The scenario you stated above has been happening for decades but sadly, not everyone secures a job from organizations that hires them and then go ahead to process a work permit which now enables them to have an SSN like in United States.

Do you have an idea of of hundred of thousands of professionals from all over the world trying to relocate through such a process? Many apply but few are lucky to get by and if it was as easy as you stated above because of one lucky family you know then Nigeria would have been empty by now because all professionals would have left a long time ago.

The scenario you mentioned above is one of the legitimate ways people do try to apply and see if they will be among the fortunate few they will get hired just like the same way millions of people play the then US Visa lottery which also is a legitimate means through which one can relocate but how many people out of the millions that applied are that lucky?

We ain't arguing about the legitimate means of relocating rather my advice is for the OP to apply due diligence and then make an a knowledge based decision.

Thanks.

He meant if you relocated the right way you’d have had the right to work or your friends, that is getting SSN. Not just as a visitor, visitors are not allowed to work But students are. Workers are too. If you are one of these, you will eventually find a job. But no you couldn’t work because you don’t have the right authorization is what he meant and rightly so. That’s illegitimate!

Now tell me, How did you relocate?
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 3:06am On Jun 17, 2019
Sarang:

He meant if you relocated the right way you’d have had the right to work or your friends, that is getting SSN. Not just as a visitor, visitors are not allowed to work But students are. Workers are too. If you are one of these, you will eventually find a job. But no you couldn’t work because you don’t have the right authorization is what he meant and rightly so. That’s illegitimate!

Now tell me, How did you relocate?

You too have also created another misrepresentation of my comment while trying to clarify another misrepresentation of my comment from the guy you are holding brief for.

For the second time again, my relocation was stress free and for your information, not all student Visa's (F1) automatically Grant's you the permission to work in United states as a student and most Nigerians back home have this misconception that ones you have a student Visa, it automatically grants you the right to work just as you also ignorantly asserted on your comment above.

You just stated that I couldn't work because I don't have the right authorization and I'm like where the hell did you get that from when you don't even know the means through which I relocated to States since I didn't mention that part which could have been through an F1 or through a filing from family or even through DVA which are all legitimate means of relocating.

Kindly stick to informations provided without making assertions that are not based on facts.

Kindly go back to my initial post, read again and then come back and also make corrections on all the padded misrepresentations herein.

Thanks!
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by komodapson(m): 3:49am On Jun 17, 2019
Hadampson:
4mykids

Since your course is a science course.. I would advise you go for Canada or New Zealand.

These two countries have a point based immigration programmes that favours graduate professionals that speak Englisch.

The above mentioned countries have alot of advantages. For example, Canada is close to USA while New Zealand is close to Australia. You can move to USA if Canada don't work for you (I don't pray for such), you can move to the United States to enjoy the diversity and large market.. Likewise in New Zealand, you can relocate to Australia. Australia is the best country for you but their immigration policy has changed. You might give it a trial though

NEW ZEALAND IMMIGRATION PROCESS

CANADA IMMIGRATION PROCESS

Germany is good but i don't want you to go through the tedious process to permanent residency in Germany because it would take some years before you become permanent resident plus you have to learn the language (German)
Also, bear in mind, you need to show about €8,700 in a blocked account in Germany to prove you can sustain yourself till you find a job and if you can't afford that, you need to have a sponsor based in Germany with relationship ties to you or some other european organization funding your stay in Germany.

If your course is in IT or engineering field, you can try job seeker visa

GERMANY JOB SEEKER VISA PROCESS

If you are the type that want to feel at home, like staying in a black dominated place, then South Africa, RWANDA, Botswana, Seychelles, Ivory Coast, Senegal, Namibia, Ghana and Mauritius but mind you, there is no jobs there but you can do business over there.

Lastly, don't use any agent oh... Most of them are scammer in disguise. Viel Glück smiley

Are there enough jobs in Seychelles?... I learnt its very expensive living in mahe
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 8:19am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

Wrong, its 3.6M + Pre-Accomodation + Travel expenses = 4M Plus.

The 8650euro is ur living expenses,well travel expenses you are right
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Or11: 8:21am On Jun 17, 2019
4mykids:
Help A Single Mum With Ideas

Hi everyone..as the topic states I need advise help and personal assistance too if possible.

I'm a single mum of two little kids and I really wish to start another phase of my life away from Nigeria. I feel it will greatly help I and my kids move on from the past.
I'm not too old to work as I'm in my early 30's. Finance is available though limited to a certain amount.

I would love a situation where I can leave with my kids and not have to come back for them later..somehow, they seem to be my motivation to go on.

With these information, which country do you suggest that will be easy for immigration.

Hello, migrating to a foreign country where you don’t know anyone is going to be difficult except you are going there as an expatriate. Since you are still young, why don’t you consider online dating. Find a nice guy in your preferred country of destination, he either comes to Nigeria and gets married to you and invites you to his country and you guys hit it off from there. Another option is apply for a course in Finland, preferably Nursing because nursing students get paid from their second year in uni and studying in that country is free. Admission is done by applying online and writing an entrance exam at their embassy in Abuja. Hope this information helps.

2 Likes

Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 8:23am On Jun 17, 2019
SyberKate:

Please tell me more about this block account thing

Its more like proof of funds.But this money will be in your account in Germany,and the german Government will give you 850euro per month for your living expenses.It is still your money but yoy have to provise it before yoy travel.The block money will sustain you for a year.i hope am cleaf enough
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 17, 2019
segzyndpep:

The 8650euro is ur living expenses,well travel expenses you are right

Don't forget you have to pay for one month Rent of 200 to 400 euros ahead of your coming excluding your 8650 to secure your accommodation before you get there. Abi na under bridge you wan dey live once you touch down in Berlin?
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 8:26am On Jun 17, 2019
delerx:
I am looking for a sch without IELTS irrespective of the fee. Can I also do another program outside Pharmacy. Thanks.

I read on instablog that a lady wrote canada school that how bad it is for her to write ielts when she actually did english all through her schooling.
So i believe its better you write school,This way they will waive it.Just do it,Dont go for the popular schools okay.If i have money for school i will find my way around it also
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Saltoflife: 8:28am On Jun 17, 2019
doggedfighter:

Free?

There is nothing God cannot do
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 8:29am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

Don't forget you have to pay for one month Rent of 200 to 400 euros ahead of your coming excluding your 8650 to secure your accommodation before you get there. Abi na under bridge you wan dey live once you touch down in Berlin?

Boss me never travel before oo,i once consider Germany but later changed my life,i thought when they say living expenses it include the rent..like i said i havent been there and maybe you know more.I do not think i have misled anyone though
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 8:31am On Jun 17, 2019
Suspect33:
Even if she has 50M, her chances are 50/50, Australia is already rich, they don't need our devalued naira

You are very correct,i wish i can disappear to that country,just that its far.but i heard new zealand is better rout if your target is australia,whats ur opinion?
As this canada shit they cause holdup
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 17, 2019
segzyndpep:

Boss me never travel before oo,i once consider Germany but later changed my life,i thought when they say living expenses it include the rent..like i said i havent been there and maybe you know more.I do not think i have misled anyone though

LMAO boss, why you change your mind na?
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 9:07am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

LMAO boss, why you change your mind na?

Actually Germany would have been the best for me because atleast i will do my master and improve my knowledge in more advance country,But when i see how much i will be making.I think if am in canada i will make more.Even any western country i will make more
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 17, 2019
segzyndpep:

Actually Germany would have been the best for me because atleast i will do my master and improve my knowledge in more advance country,But when i see how much i will be making.I think if am in canada i will make more.Even any western country i will make more

Okay, if you have 450 minimum CRS score. No wahala. Cuz Canada dom hard now o.
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 9:11am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

Okay, if you have 450 minimum CRS score. No wahala. Cuz Canada dom hard now o.

450 loud na,and more ao i never even pass ielts,even if i have 8777 self na around 444 or so,na to give them leg over once i pass ielts.na age dey cause wahala
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 17, 2019
segzyndpep:

450 loud na,and more ao i never even pass ielts,even if i have 8777 self na around 444 or so,na to give them leg over once i pass ielts.na age dey cause wahala

Same reason I wonder why people keep mentioning Canada. Even with 444, Invitation is super hard. You need to finish from a Canadian Uni to get above 450 etc. https://www.justforcanada.com/latest-express-entry-draws.html
Re: A Single Mum Wants To Relocate Abroad, Needs Ideas by segzyndpep(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2019
truthsayer009:

Same reason I wonder why people keep mentioning Canada. Even with 444, Invitation is super hard. You need to finish from a Canadian Uni to get above 450 etc. https://www.justforcanada.com/latest-express-entry-draws.html

Well if you have a master and you are below 30years i think you have a high chance too..
We are hoping they bring it down when i pass my ielts.
But canada na d best for now though just that the influx is much

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Crushed Rock, Mpape, Abuja: The New Tourism Hotspot In Nigeria (Video) / Photos Of The Lagos State Light Rail That Will Begin Operation From 2021 / Man Transports People With Fridge On A Flooded Road, Makes Money From Flooding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.